Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? (21258 Views)

Which Expenses Should The “Upkeep” Money/Allowance Cater For? / American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test / Men, Please Be Good And Kind To Your Wife If You Wish To Enjoy Your Old Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? by Godtschild: 12:57pm On Sep 14, 2019
Olodo she is already working AKA has a business.

Datazone:

Then you can be referred to someone who has the tool but don't know how to use it. You simply follow dictionary definition but don't think out of the box. Okay, gender equality "access to equal rights and opportunities". In this case "right to work - engage in productive activity to earn money". I'm asking her if she lacks such right. Mumu
Re: Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 14, 2019
Godtschild:

Olodo she is already working AKA has a business.

At least you know why I said "gender equality". And quit with the insult you write like a 15 year old overfed boy
Re: Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 14, 2019
ornicus:

I do not recall advocating that women be housewives.
The man's earnings are for the upkeep of the house, school fees etal, while the woman's earnings are for her own use. That's how naija women roll, no be so?

Na soo
Re: Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? by victorian(f): 2:20pm On Sep 14, 2019
Cutehector:
my friend go and look up the meaning of cool in the dictionary and stop embarrassing yourself in my presence.

So that icon is in the dictionary, right?

You are the one embarrassing yourself in my presence not me.
Re: Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? by seanjy4konji: 4:06pm On Sep 14, 2019
They will see finish anything..will even watch you borrow...you are right.if she saves it at home and you discover her safe and take out of it?igt turn it into big fight despite both of you suffering...
ednut1:
The average 9ja woman expect you to deplete your resources and even borrow despite her savings nonsense
Re: Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? by nextstep(m): 8:11pm On Sep 14, 2019
1x2x3:

You aren't sensible for calling the husband mad. It's obvious the woman isn't working to support the family and the man is probably overworking and committing all for upkeep and others, sometimes men are left with no spare money of their own then all of a sudden you discover upkeep money is being splitted. I won't fault her if she's saving it for rainy days but there are chances it's for her selfish gains. She could end up borrowing the husband the money when the family is in need. I've seen women borrow their husband money from what they milked from him and he must pay back as they always claim they got it from a friend. That's selfishness laced with lies and deceit.

Sorry I didn't mean mad as in crazy, but mad as in angry. You have a valid point, but I was talking more from the point of view of what I've seen: a man provides, but sometimes we all fall on hard times, and I've seen when the family is able to eat because the wife was saving extra. If she gave the exact budget, and they spent the exact budget, there would have been no savings. This is what I meant... I didn't even think of those selfish ones.

I don't mean to disrespect any man that provides for his family. I'm a family man myself, and encourage my wife to actively save money out of the family budget.
Re: Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? by vickydevoka(m): 8:26am On Sep 15, 2019
Fxwarrior:

That's right. Its the man's condition we should consider. He who wears the shoe knows where it is pinching.

What if he's making sacrifices like trekking to work, skipping meals just to meet up while the wife is tasking him just to keep some aside.
U are man lyk him dats y u reason well. Women don't wanna knw. All de wan is to save money n buy clothes. If u give dem 5k de will price all de market b4 buying something of 3k.n de will tell u things are expensive

1 Like

Re: Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? by vickydevoka(m): 8:30am On Sep 15, 2019
mu2sa2:
When you give your wife certain amount of money monthly as upkeep allowance, that doesn't mean all the money should be exhausted every month. Every prudent woman always keeps something in reserve in case of emergency. Any wife who doesn't do that is thoughtless. A man related how his wife would collect money from him even to buy N20 salt. This continued for years. Then he fell ill and had to undergo surgery, but he couldn't foot the bill. He was literally dying. He said he couldn't believe it when his wife brought out the money and paid the bill. Since that date he said he appreciated his wife's uncompromising prudence on housekeeping expenses.
Dats or mum's era. This days clothes n gadgets has taking over the place
Re: Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? by bukatyne(f): 10:13pm On Oct 26, 2019
LordKO:

You aren't just a healthy living advisor extraordinaire, you're also an icon of fairness.

Kudos.

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

When Is The Right Time For A Child To Start School ? / I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! / Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.