Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? (36529 Views)

Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? / Which Is More Harmful Alcohol Vs Soft Drink / More Harmful Than Codeine And Trams Yet Government Haven't Said Anything. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by ProsperChild: 8:34pm On Sep 13, 2019
Which Is More Harmful? Alcohol Vs Soft Drink

It is next to impossible to avoid a good beverage especially during social interactions hence why it is necessary to make healthy choices in deciding which beverage to take.

There is a long-standing debate on the merits of various beverages, including soft drinks and alcohol. Which one is the healthier choice? Continuing reading on the details about the healthier choice between alcohol and soft drinks.

Nutrition:

If you are to compare alcohol and soft drinks from a nutrition point of view then alcohol is easily your winner as soft drinks have absolutely no nutritional value with processed sugar being one of the major components. Sugar will bring down your insulin resistance due to the rise of toxin influx in the body and this makes you a prey to diseases like diabetes. On the other hand, beer contains a small amount of protein due to the ingredients added when it is brewed for consumption and also contains some amount of antioxidants and potassium.

Kilo calories:

Both alcohol and soft drinks contain plenty of kilo calories but on the parameter of kilo calories, soft drinks are a healthier choice over alcohol. People tend to drink soft drinks at a slower pace, which means that they consume less of it. Once you start enjoying an alcoholic drink, you tend to take more of them and much faster. Also, alcohol makes you hungry, which implies that you start reaching out for various kinds of snacks and other unhealthy food. In such cases, you will tend to gain weight much faster if you choose alcohol every time. This will not really be the case when you choose soft drinks.

Toxins:

Alcohol is brewed in such a way that ensures it carries a lot of toxins, which are not good for the liver and heart in the long run. These toxins can easily clog the arteries and create complications for the functioning of the liver.

Glycemic index: This is the count that is accorded to the level of insulin resistance in one’s drink of choice. For alcohol, the glycemic resistance is much higher, which means that you have better insulin resistance as compared to other soft drinks, which are high in sugar content. Therefore, it makes alcohol a highly unhealthy choice, which can also result in diabetes in the long run, if one ingests too much of it.

Please note, the medical information provided in this article is provided as an information resource only. This information does not create any patient-physician relationship and should not be used as a substitute for professional diagnosis and treatment.

Source: https://m.guardian.ng/life/the-healthier-choice-between-alcohol-vs-soft-drinks/

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Skyfornia(m): 8:45pm On Sep 13, 2019
Even the free natural air we breath can give one disease....when you start being pessimistic to the foods you consume, you will become stigmatized with the effects...Las las Something must kill a man.

152 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by ZoeyJ(f): 4:45am On Sep 14, 2019
If you’re drinking a glass or two of soda (and let’s assume the glass is about 12 ounces or 350mL) per day, the effects should be negligible. If you’re drinking two liters or more of heavily sugared soda (a cola type beverage, for example) per day, after a time (everyone’s body responds differently so it could be sooner or later) you may become diabetic.
The same thing goes for alcoholic beverages. If you’re having one beer, or one glass of wine or a mixed drink on a regular basis, the effects are negligible. If, however, you are drinking a 750mL bottle of gin every night, after ten or fifteen years, you’ll eventually experience health problems ranging from mental health issues like depression to an irritated liver and/or pancreas and others, and that says nothing about the withdrawal effects.
Too much of anything is never a good thing. But, we’re all human and take just about anything to an extreme level.
My answer: depending on how much of either you consume, they both can wreak havoc on your body, however I think that alcohol is probably the worst out of these two simply because one can become addicted to it

115 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by nwimo22(m): 6:05am On Sep 14, 2019
Too much of the two are harmful

17 Likes

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by princetg: 7:08am On Sep 14, 2019
Alcohol is more harmful to soft drink shocked

8 Likes

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by estyvino(m): 7:22am On Sep 14, 2019
Leave alcohol alone, weyting AKI do you.

Meanwhile, leemmee guzzle small

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by sheggsliveth: 7:23am On Sep 14, 2019
Too much of anything can make you sick simple.

11 Likes

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Swanky092: 7:24am On Sep 14, 2019
None
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Nobody: 7:24am On Sep 14, 2019
All of the above!

Too much of everything is bad.

5 Likes

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by StTrump: 7:24am On Sep 14, 2019
grin Nor is bad but your gluttonous drinking habit...

4 Likes

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Emily22(m): 7:25am On Sep 14, 2019
Both are harmful, forget all the theories you see online .

5 Likes

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Omojudy: 7:25am On Sep 14, 2019
Is there no water at that party? Drinks self no Dey let person chop well for party. One day I go tell about the party wey make me resign from alcohol drinking. This my stories on my blog I need connections to make it into a book, my life Na real series film!

http://astrongnigerianwoman.com/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by pepilo: 7:25am On Sep 14, 2019
all except water

1 Like

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by chinavs9ja(m): 7:25am On Sep 14, 2019
Both is harmful is different ways
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Davash222(m): 7:26am On Sep 14, 2019
Soft Drink destroys
Alcohol Consoles.

6 Likes

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by 9jayes: 7:27am On Sep 14, 2019
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 14, 2019
None of them....
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Situation001(m): 7:27am On Sep 14, 2019
yinmu
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by pTomz(m): 7:27am On Sep 14, 2019
equally, depending on the amount of intake

1 Like

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by helinues: 7:28am On Sep 14, 2019
I used to get high on Lacazera, funny but truth..

Alcohol or soft drinks? It all depends on individual body composition

One man's food is another man's poison

5 Likes

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by MAGNETIC(m): 7:28am On Sep 14, 2019
Too much of everything thing is bad...

2 Likes

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by kolafolabi(m): 7:29am On Sep 14, 2019
Both OP.. Water is the best because water is life

2 Likes

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by obembet(f): 7:29am On Sep 14, 2019
Water is my favourite. Even if I visit u and u come with red wine or any beer, I go stay away from u. I don't take anything out side Eva water.

That's what keep my mummy healthy according to her.

Op, pls give me glass of krest, I mean water there.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by MAGNETIC(m): 7:29am On Sep 14, 2019
pepilo:
all except water

Too much of water is bad

9 Likes

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by slawomir: 7:30am On Sep 14, 2019
No one can convince me to do away with my best friend
Alcohol runs in my blood
My blood is alcohol.
Something must kill a man.Weed,Woman,Alcohol And money matter. Me i dey do the three wella
Especially that weed and alcohol. As we dey burn tie na so we dey follow up with some bottle of something
I wonder how life go for be without alcohol. It would have been boring
The spirit of alcohol
You don ever high to the extend that you go dey vomit ehnnn and also dey pray say if God fit allow you survive that moment you nor go ever high like that again
Whereas immediately everything clear for your body then you go return back to the bottles

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by ArmaniUhuru: 7:30am On Sep 14, 2019
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Kolisky(m): 7:31am On Sep 14, 2019
grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by lilfreezy: 7:31am On Sep 14, 2019
kiss

2 Likes

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by solmusdesigns: 7:31am On Sep 14, 2019
soft drink is very dangerous

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Patient Escapes Isolation In Osun State / Soldiers Rescue Woman From Committing Suicide In Lagos Lagoon / UK: Doctor Accidentally Decapitates Premature Baby During Botched Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.