Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? (36532 Views)

Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? / Which Is More Harmful Alcohol Vs Soft Drink / More Harmful Than Codeine And Trams Yet Government Haven't Said Anything. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 14, 2019
Too much of every is bad

We open working WeChat account
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by adanny01(m): 7:32am On Sep 14, 2019
Everything anyone over indulges will cause problems.
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by pepilo: 7:33am On Sep 14, 2019
MAGNETIC:

Too much of water is bad
too much of everything is also bad.
but mr.poster no talk about the amount consumed
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by dheaven: 7:34am On Sep 14, 2019
Can one really avoid the two?
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Duggedised12(f): 7:34am On Sep 14, 2019
pepilo:
all except water
too much of everything is bad including too much water

1 Like

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by MetalJigsaw(m): 7:35am On Sep 14, 2019
Skyfornia:
Even the free natural air we breath can give one disease....when you start being pessimistic to the foods you consume, you will become stigmatized with the effects...Las las Something must kill a man.
drunkard spotted

1 Like

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by chiboy1116: 7:35am On Sep 14, 2019
ZoeyJ:
If you’re drinking a glass or two of soda (and let’s assume the glass is about 12 ounces or 350mL) per day, the effects should be negligible. If you’re drinking two liters or more of heavily sugared soda (a cola type beverage, for example) per day, after a time (everyone’s body responds differently so it could be sooner or later) you may become diabetic.
The same thing goes for alcoholic beverages. If you’re having one beer, or one glass of wine or a mixed drink on a regular basis, the effects are negligible. If, however, you are drinking a 750mL bottle of gin every night, after ten or fifteen years, you’ll eventually experience health problems ranging from mental health issues like depression to an irritated liver and/or pancreas and others, and that says nothing about the withdrawal effects.
Too much of anything is never a good thing. But, we’re all human and take just about anything to an extreme level.
My answer: depending on how much of either you consume, they both can wreak havoc on your body, however I think that alcohol is probably the worst out of these two simply because one can become addicted to it
omg who drinks 2 liters of soda ? That pesn must have daddy issues .
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Mtmike(m): 7:35am On Sep 14, 2019
Just titrate, the harm will go
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by sylve11: 7:35am On Sep 14, 2019
The answer depends on quantity of each being consumed, type of soft drink, ingredients and serving size.

If you’re drinking a glass or two of soft drink (and let’s assume the glass is about 12 ounces or 350mL) per day, the effects should be negligible. If you’re drinking two liters or more of heavily sugared soft drink (a cola type beverage, for example) per day, after a time (everyone’s body responds differently so it could be sooner or later) you may become diabetic.

The same thing goes for alcoholic beverages. If you’re having one beer, or one glass of wine or a mixed drink on a regular basis, the effects are negligible. If, however, you are drinking a 750mL bottle of gin every night, after ten or fifteen years, you’ll eventually experience health problems ranging from mental health issues like depression to an irritated liver and/or pancreas and others, and that says nothing about the withdrawal effects.

Too much of anything is never a good thing. But, we’re all human and take just about anything to an extreme level.

My answer: depending on how much

Soft drink = Carbonated drinks mainly sugar, for example coke, pepsi, sprite.....

Hard drink = Drink containing alcohol, for example wine, whisky or rum.

cool
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by dfrost: 7:36am On Sep 14, 2019
estyvino:
Leave alcohol alone, weyting AKI do you.

Meanwhile, leemmee guzzle small

See what guzzling aki has done to your face nah cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by dfrost: 7:37am On Sep 14, 2019
Kolisky:
grin grin grin

Whistle

1 Like

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Wheezy123(m): 7:39am On Sep 14, 2019
ZoeyJ:
you’re drinking two liters or more of heavily sugared soda (a cola type beverage, for example) per day, after a time (everyone’s body responds differently so it could be sooner or later) you may become diabetic.
A lil correction.. sugar or sugar contents CANNOT make one "diabetic" rather diabetes is not gotten from what we eat or drink. There are two types, Type 1 and type 2 diabetes.. Type 1 is hereditary, Type 2 is when the body (pancreas) is unable to produce enough insulin for the body, so artificial insulin is required.. Now those with Diabetes generally stay away from foods containing sugar and foods high in carbohydrate. Because Insulin regulates the glucose level in the body, so consumption of too much sugar items is bad because it will lead to "Hyperglycemia" due to the inability of the body to regulate the sugar level. This therefore can led to renal/kidney failure, cardiovascular disease and damage to the nerves ... Sugar does not cause diabetes on it's Own. Let's be guided please.. #peace

2 Likes

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Kolisky(m): 7:41am On Sep 14, 2019
dfrost:

Whistle

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by MetalJigsaw(m): 7:42am On Sep 14, 2019
ZoeyJ:
If you’re drinking a glass or two of soda (and let’s assume the glass is about 12 ounces or 350mL) per day, the effects should be negligible. If you’re drinking two liters or more of heavily sugared soda (a cola type beverage, for example) per day, after a time (everyone’s body responds differently so it could be sooner or later) you may become diabetic.
My answer: depending on how much of either you consume, they both can wreak havoc on your body, however I think that alcohol is probably the worst out of these two simply because one can become addicted to it
Your post too long na.. just a simple answer
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by SamOyovwi: 7:43am On Sep 14, 2019
Not anything. Too much of water is good for the body than these
sheggsliveth:
Too much of anything can make you sick simple.
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by SamOyovwi: 7:46am On Sep 14, 2019
Too much of water is not bad my guy. 60% of the body is made of water. I drink water like say tomorrow nor dey
Duggedised12:
too much of everything is bad including too much water

1 Like

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Psoul(m): 7:48am On Sep 14, 2019
This is my 1yr 2months of saying No to soft drinks. I used to take soft drinks so much that I could not take any meal without a bottle of coke by the side. I tried so much to stop it but I could just avoid it for a day and the next day I see myself gulping my favorite cola drink until 29th July, 2018 I was in my office and as I wanted to take my meal, I brought out my bottle of chilled coke. Inside me I heard, "why not say NO to this coke."

That was how my journey of Say No To Soft drinks started. Now, seeing ppl taking those thing makes me feel as if they are taking poison. What we do now in my house is to gather as enough good fruits as possible from markets. Blend them, store them in a fridge, take them in place of processed drinks. We blend the much that can just last for us like a day or two to avoid over-refrigerating or spoilage.

Meanwhile, I am not beer person. I hardly have appetite for beer though I take some good quality wine and not very regularly.

Avoid sugar, avoid raw salt and minimize all those processed food to stay healthy.

JOIN ME CELEBRATE MY 1YR 2MONTHS (and still counting) OF NO SOFT DRINKS

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 14, 2019
The day alcohol messed with me was the day I decided to throw my lone ballot for soft drinks.

If it messes with my head, then it's downright harmful for me. I always need my brain intact.
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Fingerlins: 7:53am On Sep 14, 2019
Soft drinks!

Coke is more dangerous than some alcohol because the fear that alcohol is so bad makes a lot of people to stay away and the believe that soft drinks isn’t harmful makes lots of people to embrace it! Nah SCAM

Incase you don’t know, Coke do bleachz more than hypo! Try soaking a stained cloth with coke and little water then leave for sometime...Or you should try using it to wash rest room zink. You’ll see what is coke

2 Likes

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by renewable1(m): 7:54am On Sep 14, 2019
Alcohol KS more harmful.

Do you need a 1kva solar system? See our promo

CHECK MY SIGNATURE NOW
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Kingrahmanumar(m): 8:01am On Sep 14, 2019
Malt is best
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Fingerlins: 8:02am On Sep 14, 2019
ZoeyJ:

This is a Fallacy!
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Iboyx: 8:03am On Sep 14, 2019
How can this even be a topic. Alcohol is far worse. The metabolism of alcohol yields component similar to formarlin used to embam dead bodies. Acetaldehyde and various other components

1 Like

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 14, 2019
ZoeyJ:
your writeup is even better than that of the op's.
Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by Nobody: 8:09am On Sep 14, 2019
if u are regular consumer of medicine & yet u are here exonerating urself from soft drink, malt, & alcohol lol, you will die faster than d people above lol

small headache u take drug

small fever u take drug

sex u take drug

body pain u take drug

etcetera.

all dis for d same body & u expect ur body not to breakdown? na u go suffer & if u go eat fake drug from my eastern brothers,,,,,,,,na hell fire dey call so. that's something must kill a man dem dem don catch u.

FYI: I don't take drugs. for me less than 14 bottles of soft drinks/malt/bear each a year but I may soon ban soft drinks completely if i still dey naija next year. Some wine is good

I know a 95 years old healthy woman jumping up & down without sickness for decades. Na God be health oo

2 Likes

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by MetalJigsaw(m): 8:09am On Sep 14, 2019
MAGNETIC:

Too much of water is bad
A lot of water is not bad, but a lot of soft drink is.

1 Like

Re: Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? by ngwababe(f): 8:13am On Sep 14, 2019
Since yesterday I took mirinda, I never get myself walahi.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Patient Escapes Isolation In Osun State / Soldiers Rescue Woman From Committing Suicide In Lagos Lagoon / UK: Doctor Accidentally Decapitates Premature Baby During Botched Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.