Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,672 members, 7,801,937 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? (19955 Views)

Buhari Abandoned Us Despite Supporting His Reelection Bid - Miyetti Allah / Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? / Sowore: "Buhari Abandoned Abiola To Death And Want To Use His Name To Win 2019" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by Staro: 10:52am On Sep 14, 2019
ssogundele:
The blame fall squarely on the doorstep of the former minister of Niger Delta ministry in person of Elder Orubebe! Both the then president and himself were from that Axis but failed woefully to do that road. If the sons of the soil refused to do it while they hold sway na one aboki that is going senile that will now remember that part of the world? Op, better wake up for it's Sunday o!

You lied.
SCC were working on that road 247 during Orubebe's time
Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by Staro: 11:08am On Sep 14, 2019
Greatken007:
Honestly i don't understand what you guys are talking about, i am from Niger Delta and i don't see any reason why we should crucify the president for our own irresponsibilities. We fought for a a ministry that should handle these anomalies and it was given to us, The Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs . We also have a commission whose duty is saddled to handle the development of this region (Chairman,MD and Rep commissioners all from Niger Delta).
Now we currently have the Minister for Niger Delta Affairs and that of state from that axis (Akpabio and Festus Keyamo) , the minister for petroleum state (Timipre sylver) . NDDC board chairman (Odubu Edo) , MD (Okumagba Delta) . The chairman senate committee for the ministry of Niger Delta Affairs (Senator Peter Nwaboshi Delta North) , Deputy Senate President (Sen Ovie Omo-Agege Delta central).

If you expect FG to fix all these then the aim of this ministry and commission will be defeated.

Oga, your post is very dumb, I swear!
Is it all about having a ministry? How much is Buhari budgeting for the ministry?

Let me give you this assignment.
Go check what amount Yar'Adua and GEJ were budgeting for ND ministry and compare to Buhari's

For example, in 2014 when the exchange rate was 160 to the Dollar, GEJ budgeted 60B for that ministry. The average Buhari's budget for ND ministry is 18B even as exchange rate is around 365 to the Dollar
Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by bentwood85(m): 11:21am On Sep 14, 2019
RichDad1:
Are there no ministers from that region to fight this cause at the FEC meetings ?
What of Senators and Representatives from the region to mount pressures on the MDAs ?
What are your Governors doing anytime they Visit Abuja? Share money, Bleep Olosho and come back to feed people like you fables and bitterness of how the FG neglects your region.

How long has that road been bad ? I’m sure it predates this administration. Why can’t southern Governments give attention to things that concerns their people ?
They will rather stash dollars in Dubai, UK and Panama.
The President, Minister for Petroleum, Minister for Finance , Minister for Niger Delta were all from this region at one time.
What about NDDC? What difference did they make ?

Throughout the agitation of the Militants , have you ever heard them demanding the Government should fix that road to world standard? It’s all about personal wealth acquisitions.

The money/Jewelries that EFCC recently forfeited from Deziani can fit that road.

What about the luxury Yatch owned by Kola Aluko?
Or the Millions of Dollars seized from PEJ?

Forget all these stories, the politicians know what to do to get that road fixed but they won’t because it will affect their embezzlement duties.

Even if private companies what’s to fix the road , the Locals, Especially the youths will be all arms to demand settlement.

We’re are our problem in the South. Leave the northerners out of it.

You are absolutely correct.. My brothers from the east only know how to shout biâfra but won't hold their governors ministers and senators responsible for bad roads and infrastructure.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by Staro: 11:27am On Sep 14, 2019
roundman:
I don't know why you guy's reason this way, first i am from delta state and i believe that road was started by OBJ and Yar,adua did some portion of that road before he passed on (may God bless his soul) [b]GEJ was president for six good whole years yet he never added a kilometer [/b]to that road a son of the soil,yet you want to blame a man for what your brother, my brother refused or rather did not remember to do. The whole blame on that road rest on the shoulder of GEJ the man messed up a golden opportunity to fix the niger delta a little. Ibori is called a thief today but go to his home town and see what a child that has opportunity can do for his community now tell me whom would you rather call a better son?

Oga, stop lying.

First, GEJ was President for 5yrs (not 6yrs) from May, 2010 - May, 2019. Yar'Adua died on May 5, 2010.

Second, SCC were working on that road 247 during GEJ's tenure

1 Like

Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by okewumi: 11:27am On Sep 14, 2019
mrvitalis:
I really blame niger delta for how nigeria is today ...

If they raise up and demand resource control or nothing and insist on it ...nigerian government go sit up

Exactly

Like the way aboki demanded for Elzazaky
Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by Greatken007(m): 11:27am On Sep 14, 2019
I only made my point and i expected you to do same .We are debating and not fighting , your line of thoughts may also be useful to me and other persons. To a large degree we had all it takes to fix those mess but mismanagement and corruption won't just allow such to fly.
Staro:

Oga, your post is very dumb, I swear!
Is it all about having a ministry? How much is Buhari budgeting for the ministry?

Let me give you this assignment.
Go check what amount Yar'Adua and GEJ were budgeting for ND ministry and compare to Buhari's

For example, in 2014 when the exchange rate was 160 to the Dollar, GEJ budgeted 60B for that ministry. The average Buhari's budget for ND ministry is 18B even as exchange rate is around 365 to the Dollar

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by RZArecta2(m): 11:30am On Sep 14, 2019
roundman:
[s]Counter my motion with facts, leave sentiments apart...i don't give in to sentiments.I use my head and not my heart and i am not talking nonsense.Good day sir[/s]
if your silly motion is that not a single kilometer of road was added on the east west during Gej’s tenure then there’s no need wasting words with you deliberately ignorant folks
Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by tinsel: 11:57am On Sep 14, 2019
RZArecta:
once again it’s obvious you had a six inch nail smashed into your head while you were typing this rubbish, I swear I’m not responding to such stupidity after now since you’ve obviously never been involved in a construction project before. You also don’t know that Govt is a continuum meaning that projects move from one dispensation to another eg Abuja - Kaduna railway line which your idol in Aso Rock rounded up. You tribal bigots are sick and disgusting entities, Niger Delta doesn’t deserve anything because una hate us but God pass una, everything is just a matter of time. Why wasn’t Lagos - Ibadan abandoned in the same way ? You can’t answer that question because it affects your region because your ilk are too dense upstairs to think that far when released from your cages
You see your mentality. How you regard any body against your myopic view as from yoruba. Enyi, abum onye igbo. A proud son of the igbo. But not a tribal bigot like you who will fail to reason like a human being because he is blinded with tribalism.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by richiepolymer(m): 12:03pm On Sep 14, 2019

Oha are you sure you have information on that road? Kindly tell us who handled east west road project? When was it awarded? Was total funds mobilized for the project? Did the man in charge deliver as promised?
The enemies of the south south and south east are their own kinsmen who take up these contracts. They are worse than Satan. Meanwhile the people don't know these things.
Just inform us first and then we start the discussion.

Staro:
I used that road recently and it's sad that Buhari could abandon such a major road that cuts across all Niger Delta states (Nigeria's cash cow). I mean, this is the region that provides Nigeria with over 90% of it's revenue.

I'm not sure Buhari has added a single kilometer to that road since GEJ handed over to him in May 2015

The Lagos - Calabar coastal rail line which GEJ also handed over to him is now abandoned. Nothing is heard about it anymore.

Meanwhile, the mumu Amaechi is doing the usual eye service and fooling himself around. Mumu Amaechi's priority is to build a University of Transport in Buhari's village of Daura

It's sad, very sad
The ethno-religious colouration of Buhari's govt is getting disgusting.
Buhari is setting a very bad precedence that all lovers of Nigeria should kick against

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by Staro: 12:13pm On Sep 14, 2019
martineverest:
see ur hatred towards buhari is beyond me...did u remember how saraki and PDP senators diverted the budget for this particular road and the Calabar-Lagos road for senators and how he slashed 2nd niger bridge budget so as to weaken presidential campaign in those region??

Oga, you're a shameless liar !

There was never a time Saraki diverted the budgets for these projects. Stop lying and fear God !

The Lagos - Calabar railway is even designed to be funded via loans from China (not annual budgetary provisions). The funding is similar to Abuja-Kaduna and Lagos-Ibadan rail projects
Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by maasoap(m): 12:15pm On Sep 14, 2019
FarahAideed:

We are talking of the failure Buhari and he is mentioning a private citizen

Private citizen, right? Like he never governed this country? Like he was never a failure? Like some failures didn't want him to continue?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by maasoap(m): 12:16pm On Sep 14, 2019
Staro:

There was never a time Saraki diverted the budgets for these projects. Stop lying and fear God !

The Lagos - Calabar railway is even designed to be funded via loans from China (not budgetary provisions). The funding is similar to Abuja-Kaduna and Lagos-Ibadan rail projects

Of course, Saraki tampered with the fund proposed for those roads in the budget. We were alive and in Nigeria at the time. Google is there to refresh your memory

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by maasoap(m): 12:26pm On Sep 14, 2019
mrvitalis:
I really blame niger delta for how nigeria is today ...

If they raise up and demand resource control or nothing and insist on it ...nigerian government go sit up

Even with the resource control, Niger Delta will still be as bad as it is now. Monthly allocations together with the 13% derivation is not a little money. Where are those money going? Directly into your governors and other politicians pockets. More money, more looting.
If Osun State receives 3 billion naira before the deduction of monthly debts obligations, Akwa Ibom state would receive multiple of 10 which is 30 billion naira. Unemployment is still lower in Osun State with both state having almost same population.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by mrvitalis(m): 1:03pm On Sep 14, 2019
maasoap:

Even with the resource control, Niger Delta will still as bad as it is now. Monthly allocations together with the 13% derivation is not a little money. Where are those money going? Directly into your governors and other politicians pockets. More money, more looting.
If Osun State receives 3 billion naira before the deduction of monthly debts obligations, Akwa Ibom state would receive multiple 10 which is 30 billion naira. Unemployment is still lower in Osun State with both state having almost same population.
Oga its not your business how they spend their money
The rest of us should hustle our own

What has nigerian done with the oil money ? ..so england should come and country it for us right ?
Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by Deepfeel(m): 1:07pm On Sep 14, 2019
They are using biafran oil to develop other regions that don't even contribute to the GDP
Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by grandstar(m): 1:25pm On Sep 14, 2019
RichDad1:
Are there no ministers from that region to fight this cause at the FEC meetings ?
What of Senators and Representatives from the region to mount pressures on the MDAs ?
What are your Governors doing anytime they Visit Abuja? Share money, Bleep Olosho and come back to feed people like you fables and bitterness of how the FG neglects your region.

How long has that road been bad ? I’m sure it predates this administration. Why can’t southern Governments give attention to things that concerns their people ?

The President, Minister for Petroleum, Minister for Finance , Minister for Niger Delta were all from this region at one time.

Throughout the agitation of the Militants , have you ever heard them demanding the Government should fix that road to world standard? It’s all about personal wealth acquisitions.

The money/Jewelries that EFCC recently forfeited from Deziani can fix that road.

Forget all these stories, the politicians know what to do to get that road fixed but they won’t because it will affect their embezzlement duties.

Even if private companies wants to fix the road , the Locals, Especially the youths will be all arms to demand settlements.

We’re our own problems in the South. Leave the northerners out of it.

The recent very poor rating of Nigerians roads compared to roads from much poorer African countries alludes to what you wrote. The obscene levels of corruption in Nigeria, mangled with mediocrity and mediocre institutions explains it all. As long as people believe that fantastical corruption is okay, service delivery will always be shortchanged.

A governor opens a new 10km road in his state and the citizens are jubilant. The problem though is that the 10Billion naira road could have been completed for a fifth of that amount. That means 5 of such roads could have been built. If the contract was awarded for 3b, that would even have been tolerable but that's not enough for the greedy politicians.

It is rumored that the pedestrian over head bridge at Berger cost 6bn. Many reading this won't doubt it and can even speak of bigger tales of graft.

States

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by NGpatriot: 1:31pm On Sep 14, 2019
RZArecta2:
i keep coming across brainless and stupid posts but this one definitely packs the gold medal for September no offense. I can swear you don’t know anything about the road in question neither do you know anything about Nigeria’s current affairs which you can easily learn from books sold at motor parks. Orubebe last held a federal appointment in 2015, were in 2019 and this rubbish is the best you can come up with ? Do you guys think a major rod artery like east west is a copy and paste project like what you get on computers ? I don’t really need to argue with you tribal and political bigots, we Niger Deltans know we’re hated in this country especially amongst the Yorubas like you, no problem about that we thank God but you should learn to say the truth no matter how bitter. That road hasn’t seen any improvement since Buhari came into power since May 29th 2015 unlike other trunk A arteries in Nigeria especially in the SW and northern parts, if you and other tribal/religious bigots think it’s okay even though that road serves multiple states then we thank God, the only thing I can advise you to do is to work on your ignorance. Gej whom you despise because of political affiliations left power in 2015, he never concentrated development in the ND alone, there are facts to prove it and if you feel we should be abandoned for whatever reason then it’s cool cool

http://setracogroup.com/key-projects/east-west-road

1. The road was not left out of anything because it's an NDDC project with it's own standing contract.

2. The contract was awarded in 2006 for $1.5 billion under OBJ

3. According to the contractor's website, the project is ongoing.

4. 2015 - 2006 = 9 years.

5. So, please explain why a project that was awarded under OBJ and still not completed after 9 years under 3 different PDP administrations from OBJ to Yaradua and Jonathan?

6. Previous administrations ignored nearly all the roads in Nigeria including roads in the SE and SS, but you people did not say a word, you did not cry, you did not moan, you did not question them, but all of a sudden after 2015, you woke up and start shouting and crying even though your concerns are misplaced and misguided with bogus facts and references.

3 Likes

Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by martineverest(m): 1:59pm On Sep 14, 2019
Staro:

The Lagos - Calabar railway is even designed to be funded via loans from China (not annual budgetary provisions). The funding is similar to Abuja-Kaduna and Lagos-Ibadan rail projects
Google is your friend Mr truth
Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by uthlaw: 2:43pm On Sep 14, 2019
buhari only thought your hero Jonathan has done it all for you people.... jonathan handed it to buhari after is 7years with no achievement!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by Kakamorufu(m): 3:23pm On Sep 14, 2019
Blame the south south leaders for your woes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by kinem(m): 4:45pm On Sep 14, 2019
bixton:
If I may ask, please which section and axis of East-West Road is this?

Good Question. Bcoz I don't believe this picture
Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by maasoap(m): 7:23pm On Sep 14, 2019
mrvitalis:

Oga its not your business how they spend their money
The rest of us should hustle our own

What has nigerian done with the oil money ? ..so england should come and country it for us right ?

Who are "their"? Don't make me laugh. Are their governors stealing and looting on behalf of their unemployed youth, unemployed graduates, their peasants? The answer is no. So, what do you mean by "how they spend their money"? The money that is being stolen by less than 1% of their population

1 Like

Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by galantjoe(m): 7:45pm On Sep 14, 2019
GEJ failed SE, SW and SS woefully for whom he was zonally responsible and to whom he was particularly responsible to fix after years of neglect. Yet goodluck failed them. I cannot blame buhari I will blame those people that held sway in GEJ cabinet taking billions of naira to private accounts by doing nothing to their home region. Tufiakwa. Ino na mmiri ncha abaa mu anya

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by mrvitalis(m): 7:48pm On Sep 14, 2019
maasoap:

Who are "their"? Don't make me laugh. Are their governors stealing and looting on behalf of their unemployed youth, unemployed graduates, their peasants? The answer is no. So, what do you mean by "how they spend their money"? The money that is being stolen by less than 1% of their population
Oga what belongs to Niger dalter should be given to them

1 Like

Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by wirinet(m): 7:50pm On Sep 14, 2019
RichDad1:

The money/Jewelries that EFCC recently forfeited from Deziani can fix that road.

Even if private companies wants to fix the road , the Locals, Especially the youths will be all arms to demand settlements.

We’re our own problems in the South. Leave the northerners out of it.
Don't mind PDP and it's allies. PDP ruled Nigeria for 16 years, they did not remember east west road. All the Governors of the last 16 years had been PDP, they were oblivious to the east west road. Over 95% of senators, house of reps members, state legislators for the last 20 years had been PDP, they were blind to the east west road. At a time the Nigerdelta had in office, the president, finance minister, petroleum minister, Niger delta minister, as you said It is now that they suddenly remember that an East west road exist.

I am not exonerating Buhari from gross incompetence, what I am saying is that why crucify Buhari while neglecting your own brothers who are more complicit.

This is a 2014 report on the state of the east west road.

Nigeria: Long Journey to East West Road Completion

One project that has turned a sour point and an albatross to the ministry is the East-West Road which has remained under construction since 2006. It was first handled by the Ministry of Works, until 2009, when it was handed over to the Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs.
https://allafrica.com/stories/201411120709.html
Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by RZArecta(m): 7:55pm On Sep 14, 2019
GavelSlam:

In your father's batty you mean.
i guess your mother is
Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by RZArecta(m): 8:00pm On Sep 14, 2019
NGpatriot:

http://setracogroup.com/key-projects/east-west-road

1. The road was not left out of anything because it's an NDDC project with it's own standing contract.

2. The contract was awarded in 2006 for $1.5 billion under OBJ

3. According to the contractor's website, the project is ongoing.

4. 2015 - 2006 = 9 years.

5. So, please explain why a project that was awarded under OBJ and still not completed after 9 years under 3 different PDP administrations from OBJ to Yaradua and Jonathan?

6. Previous administrations ignored nearly all the roads in Nigeria including roads in the SE and SS, but you people did not say a word, you did not cry, you did not moan, you did not question them, but all of a sudden after 2015, you woke up and start shouting and crying even though your concerns are misplaced and misguided with bogus facts and references.

i really can’t bother myself with the opinions of rètards but let me humor you. Why wasn’t the Lagos - Ibadan expressway ignored same way East - West road is now ? I don’t expect a tribal bigot like you to give any tangible answer so don’t bother me with your stûpidity again because I’ll ignore you cool

1 Like

Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by GavelSlam: 8:13pm On Sep 14, 2019
RZArecta:
i guess your mother is

E pain am.
Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by wirinet(m): 8:20pm On Sep 14, 2019
RZArecta:
i really can’t bother myself with the opinions of rètards but let me humor you. Why wasn’t the Lagos - Ibadan expressway ignored same way East - West road is now ? I don’t expect a tribal bigot like you to give any tangible answer so don’t bother me with your stûpidity again because I’ll ignore you cool
Typical Nigerian answering a question with question to deflect from answering the question.

Let me answer your question;
The reason the Lagos - Ibadan expressway is now not being ignored by the Buhari administration is because the road is not being ignored by south west politicians and electorates. South west politicians and electorates have been putting pressure on Buhari to fix the road. As the politicians and electorates supported Buhari in the last elections, he feels the need to listen to their demands.

Now answer the question;
Why didn't PDP government (including the Jonathan administration filled with Niger deltans) ignore the east west road for 16 years despite rabid support from politicians and electorate?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by alizma: 8:50pm On Sep 14, 2019
Staro:
I used that road recently and it's sad that Buhari could abandon such a major road that cuts across all Niger Delta states (Nigeria's cash cow). I mean, this is the region that provides Nigeria with over 90% of it's revenue.

I'm not sure Buhari has added a single kilometer to that road since GEJ handed over to him in May 2015

The Lagos - Calabar coastal rail line which GEJ also handed over to him is now abandoned. Nothing is heard about it anymore.

Meanwhile, the mumu Amaechi is doing the usual eye service and fooling himself around. Mumu Amaechi's priority is to build a University of Transport in Buhari's village of Daura

It's sad, very sad
The ethno-religious colouration of Buhari's govt is getting disgusting.
Buhari is setting a very bad precedence that all lovers of Nigeria should kick against
Are you not ashamed. Jonathan did commissioned that road

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by maasoap(m): 9:11pm On Sep 14, 2019
mrvitalis:

Oga what belongs to Niger dalter should be given to them

It is being given but you can't see the impact because it is ending up in the pockets of the 1% ruling class. The same goes for Nigeria as a nation.
Whether doubled or tripled, the story will still be the same. In Nigeria, in Niger Delta, it is not the lack of money, it is the lack of selfless leaders
Re: Why Has Buhari Abandoned The East-West Road? by NGpatriot: 9:12pm On Sep 14, 2019
RZArecta:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEqlasaTeac

Lagos Ibadan express was ignored by your PDP heroes for 16 years, even your disgraced and sacked Saraki slashed the budget, but you tribal elements and bigots didn't care, you even hailed that unpatriotic fool for slashing the budget for that road.

Tribe obsessed ignorant people like you looked the other way for 9 years from when the contract was awarded to 2015 and still was never completed under 3 different PDP administrations, but all of a sudden, the tribal masquerades woke up from their tribal slumber to shout and wail.

Useless enemies if Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

No Isi-Agu in DSS custody: Court dismisses Kanu's fundamental rights suit / Lai Mohammed Is Torn Between Serving Buhari And Tinubu-PDP Blasts / Buhari Set To Name 14 Special Advisers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.