Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,224 members, 7,807,747 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

Politics- How Many Major SE Markets Have "Odu Yoruba"? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Politics- How Many Major SE Markets Have "Odu Yoruba"? (503 Views)

Fire Razes Down Shops In Ikotun, Betterlife Ijora Markets(photos) / Nigeria Ranked 6th On Africa’s Financial Markets Index / Oil Prices Hit Highest Levels Since 2015 Amid Tightening Markets, Saudi Purge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Politics- How Many Major SE Markets Have "Odu Yoruba"? by FSU: 2:19pm On Sep 14, 2019
Odu Yoruba = "Yoruba section" in Igbo language.
I have seen odu Yoruba in Enugu Main Market and Ariaria Market, Aba.

Can you name other SE markets with Odu Yoruba?

This thread was created to increase awareness that there are Yorubas in SE markets, as opposed to the baseless claims being made online that Igbos don't rent shops to Yorubas. Of course, that applies to Hausa as well.

That being said, I would like to know why Nigerians tend to segregate themselves into ethnic cocoons when they reside in other parts of Nigeria. We have Sabon Gari in the North for southerners; we have Ama Hausa and Odu Yoruba in the East for northerners and westerners, respectively; Festac and Amuwo Odofin area in the West (Lagos) for Easterners; and of course, Sabo in the West for Northerners.
Re: Politics- How Many Major SE Markets Have "Odu Yoruba"? by Charleys: 2:29pm On Sep 14, 2019
Because we are not the same. Each to it's kind
Re: Politics- How Many Major SE Markets Have "Odu Yoruba"? by FSU: 2:32pm On Sep 14, 2019
Charleys:
Because we are not the same. Each to it's kind

You are not the same how? When you and I run to live in China, America and the UK, are we the same with them? Yet, we live anywhere among them in their countries.
Re: Politics- How Many Major SE Markets Have "Odu Yoruba"? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 14, 2019
FSU:
Odu Yoruba = "Yoruba section" in Igbo language.
I have seen odu Yoruba in Enugu Main Market and Ariaria Market, Aba.

Can you name other SE markets with Odu Yoruba?

This thread was created to increase awareness that there are Yorubas in SE markets, as opposed to the baseless claims being made online that Igbos don't rent shops to Yorubas. Of course, that applies to Hausa as well.

That being said, I would like to know why Nigerians tend to segregate themselves into ethnic cocoons when they reside in other parts of Nigeria. We have Sabon Gari in the North for southerners; we have Ama Hausa and Odu Yoruba in the East for northerners and westerners, respectively; Festac and Amuwo Odofin area in the West (Lagos) for Easterners; and of course, Sabo in the West for Northerners.

What exactly is the necessity of this thread.

1 Like

Re: Politics- How Many Major SE Markets Have "Odu Yoruba"? by FSU: 2:36pm On Sep 14, 2019
Nigerians may be crying racism, racism (by White people) all over the place; evidences like this demonstrate that Nigeria is highly ethnically (intra-racially) segregated. This is not just govt politics. It is people's tribal socio-politics as well.
Re: Politics- How Many Major SE Markets Have "Odu Yoruba"? by FSU: 2:37pm On Sep 14, 2019
MelesZenawi:

The necessity is in the quote you are responding to. Reading is very helpful.

2 Likes

Re: Politics- How Many Major SE Markets Have "Odu Yoruba"? by FSU: 2:42pm On Sep 14, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Do you have Odu Yoruba in big markets in Anambra?
Re: Politics- How Many Major SE Markets Have "Odu Yoruba"? by orunto27: 2:58pm On Sep 14, 2019
The answer is blowing in the Air and you know it.
Re: Politics- How Many Major SE Markets Have "Odu Yoruba"? by FSU: 3:03pm On Sep 14, 2019
orunto27:
The answer is blowing in the Air and you know it.

If I knew I would not ask. Please tell me

(1) (Reply)

Neat 6.5KVA Firman Generator 140K / How I Make $420 Monthly By Selling Original Jerseys / Why We Cut Bank Charges – CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.