Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Tribunal dismisses Akinlade, APM’s petition against Gov Abiodun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal dismisses Akinlade, APM’s petition against Gov Abiodun (4991 Views)

Tribunal Strikes Out APM's Petition Against Tinubu, Gives Reasons / Osun Tribunal Dismisses Pdp’s Adeleke Application To Strike Out Apc’s Facts, Fig / Osun Election: Tribunal Dismisses APC, Oyetola, INEC Objections Against Adeleke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribunal dismisses Akinlade, APM’s petition against Gov Abiodun by ijustdey: 7:44pm On Sep 14, 2019
The Governorship Election Petitions Tribunal in Ogun State has dismissed a petition filed against Governor Dapo Abiodun’s victory in the March 9 governorship poll in the State, saying “the petition was destined to fail.”

In a petition, marked EPT/OG/GOV/01/19, filed by the Allied Peoples Movement (APC) candidate, Adekunle Akinlade and his party, the petitioner raised issues of lack of qualification and over-voting against Abiodun.

The petitioner had alleged that Abiodun’s Form CF001, submitted to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), contained false information, adding that the electoral body aided his qualification through the form.

According to the petitioner, the alleged false information was fundamental in nature to Abiodun’s qualification to contest March 9 election.

However, Justice Yusuf Halilu-led panel, in a unanimous judgment on Saturday, resolved the two major grounds of the petition – false information and over-voting in favour of the respondents.

In the judgement, which lasted for about five hours, Halilu held that the petitioners failed woefully to prove that the information contained in Abiodun’s Form CF001 was false and that INEC aided his qualification.

The Panel described argument canvassed by the counsel and the evidences given by the petitioner witnesses during the hearing as “lazy, shallow and deficient.”

On the alleged overvoting, the panel held that out of over 1,000 polling units where illegalities and irregularities were alleged, the petitioner only called 34 polling units’ agents who testified before the tribunal.

According to the tribunal, “the scanty and insufficient” witnesses called by the petitioner showed irredeemable damage has been done to the petition.

The panel further held that Petitioner Witnesses failed to tender smart card reports and the voter’s register to justify alleged irregularities at the polling.

“The petitioner failed woefully to prove that the respondent did not score the majority of lawful votes cast and we so hold,” Justice Halilu said.
“This petition is destined to fail, it failed and it is hereby dismissed,” he added.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/breaking-tribunal-dismisses-akinlade-apms-petition-against-gov-abiodun.html

6 Likes

Re: Tribunal dismisses Akinlade, APM’s petition against Gov Abiodun by onunwa21(m): 7:47pm On Sep 14, 2019
Ok naa

1 Like

Re: Tribunal dismisses Akinlade, APM’s petition against Gov Abiodun by fourhayz: 7:47pm On Sep 14, 2019
If you play bet9ja this Saturday and you win...Hit me up,Am ready to give you extra money

3 Likes

Re: Tribunal dismisses Akinlade, APM’s petition against Gov Abiodun by Crazeworld(m): 7:48pm On Sep 14, 2019
Congratulations Governor Abiodun. In other news, where is Amosun?

For your Print-out Slips, check my signature

1 Like

Re: Tribunal dismisses Akinlade, APM’s petition against Gov Abiodun by CaptainMitch: 7:48pm On Sep 14, 2019
Better luck next time, at least you have a beautiful wife, go home to her.

Re: Tribunal dismisses Akinlade, APM’s petition against Gov Abiodun by omoadeleye(m): 7:48pm On Sep 14, 2019
Lol
Re: Tribunal dismisses Akinlade, APM’s petition against Gov Abiodun by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 14, 2019
angry

Re: Tribunal dismisses Akinlade, APM’s petition against Gov Abiodun by olaolulazio(m): 7:48pm On Sep 14, 2019
Nice one angry
Re: Tribunal dismisses Akinlade, APM’s petition against Gov Abiodun by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 14, 2019
End of Story
Re: Tribunal dismisses Akinlade, APM’s petition against Gov Abiodun by AkupeMBANO(m): 7:52pm On Sep 14, 2019
how can he win, when affidavit has taken over the villa?
Re: Tribunal dismisses Akinlade, APM’s petition against Gov Abiodun by afroniger: 7:52pm On Sep 14, 2019
Lawyer Ikpeazu magic no work again. lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: Tribunal dismisses Akinlade, APM’s petition against Gov Abiodun by Ipoblooser: 7:52pm On Sep 14, 2019
Let that ipob man go n sit down. You have failed

3 Likes

Re: Tribunal dismisses Akinlade, APM’s petition against Gov Abiodun by Sirpaul(m): 7:53pm On Sep 14, 2019
Amosun in sifia pains

4 Likes

Re: Tribunal dismisses Akinlade, APM’s petition against Gov Abiodun by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:02pm On Sep 14, 2019
It is much expected.
Congratulations to Governor Dapo Abiodun.
Re: Tribunal dismisses Akinlade, APM’s petition against Gov Abiodun by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 14, 2019
Oops!
Re: Tribunal dismisses Akinlade, APM’s petition against Gov Abiodun by haffaze777(m): 8:09pm On Sep 14, 2019
Akinlade must appeal this kangaroo judgment,lawyer must continue to chop na,like AAA like AAA dem both mumu,firsg AAA stand for Akinlade Adekunle Abdul kabir while the later stand for Alhaji Abubakar Atiku both of them are latest maga in towngrin

3 Likes

Re: Tribunal dismisses Akinlade, APM’s petition against Gov Abiodun by PCRepairer: 8:11pm On Sep 14, 2019
ok
check my signature
Re: Tribunal dismisses Akinlade, APM’s petition against Gov Abiodun by WonderManly(m): 8:13pm On Sep 14, 2019
Rubbish! Yeye country! Na so them dismissed our own Atiku case for court. Which is totally wrong... They really disappointed we ATIKULATORS so much! Especially Me, I, Myself. Because they wasted my long day's fasting and prayer. The thing pain me ooo...
Re: Tribunal dismisses Akinlade, APM’s petition against Gov Abiodun by Legendguru: 8:15pm On Sep 14, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Tribunal dismisses Akinlade, APM’s petition against Gov Abiodun by Nickisindigo(m): 8:16pm On Sep 14, 2019
fourhayz:
If you play bet9ja this Saturday and you win...Hit me up,Am ready to give you extra money
me sef na juve spoil ma tickets
Re: Tribunal dismisses Akinlade, APM’s petition against Gov Abiodun by HHUSHA: 8:16pm On Sep 14, 2019
The electoral act has placed serious burden on petitioners. That's the reality we must live with for now.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal dismisses Akinlade, APM’s petition against Gov Abiodun by Baawaa(m): 8:20pm On Sep 14, 2019
That is why agbero full Abeokuta, Darudapo the governor
Re: Tribunal dismisses Akinlade, APM’s petition against Gov Abiodun by olayemioshiyemi: 8:47pm On Sep 14, 2019
Victory for democracy
Re: Tribunal dismisses Akinlade, APM’s petition against Gov Abiodun by blackboy2star(m): 8:54pm On Sep 14, 2019
Amosun boy... Fin
Re: Tribunal dismisses Akinlade, APM’s petition against Gov Abiodun by renewable1(m): 9:16pm On Sep 14, 2019
OK o

Do you need a 1kva solar system? See our promo

CHECK MY SIGNATURE NOW

(1) (Reply)

What I Saw About Obi Lagos Rally That Is Funny / Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo / Opobos Are Very Proud Of Our Igbo Heritage – Dr. Tina Edmund-oguokiri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.