Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,745 members, 7,802,275 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT (37482 Views)

Increment Of VAT To 7.2%: Nigerians Slam FG / FG Raises VAT To 7.2%. To Seek National Assembly Approval / Shehu Sani Reacts To Buhari’s Appraisal Of Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by HeWrites(m): 9:25pm On Sep 14, 2019
Senator Shehu Sani has reacted to the recent increment in Value Added Tax (VAT) by the President Muhammadu Buhari led federal government, Igbere TV reports.

Igbere TV had reported that President Buhari, in the last FEC meeting held on Wednesday, approved a two per cent increase in VAT to move it from the current five to seven per cent.

The Minister of Finance, Zainab Ahmed, who made the disclosure, however, said the implementation will not take effect until the approval by the National Assembly.

Reacting to the development in a tweet sighted by Igbere TV on Saturday, the former Senator representing Kaduna Central, wrote;

“Peter is for VAT,Paul is for new Minimum wage.”

https://twitter.com/ShehuSani/status/1172822984517664768?s=19

Igbere TV could deduce that the Kaduna born politician meant the President Buhari led administration was 'robbing Peter (masses) to pay Paul' (workers’).

http://igberetvnews.com/980219/check-out-shehu-sanis-tweet-on-newly-introduced&72-per-cent-vat/

7 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by HeWrites(m): 9:26pm On Sep 14, 2019
Lalasticlala

Seun

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by Abfinest007(m): 9:32pm On Sep 14, 2019
there is nothing like they are robbery Peter to pay Paul bcuz Peter has not been paid or has FG started paying the new minimum wage, this is just pure foolishness from this government

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by omenka(m): 9:42pm On Sep 14, 2019
What I dislike about this blogger is that when he was a Senator, the ONLY thing that made news about him as per constituency project was purchasing about TWENTY TRANSISTOR RADIOS for his people. But he is one of the loudest critic of the government.

I dont like such two faced hypocrites.

https://www.nairaland.com/2888868/shehu-sani-distributes-transistor-radio

57 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by Tomide007: 9:43pm On Sep 14, 2019
omenka:
What I dislike about this blogger is that when he was a Senator, the ONLY thing that made news about him as per constituency project was purchasing transistor radios for his people. But he is one of the loudest critic of the government.

He's a bad leader but a good activist

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 14, 2019
This man is so smart, I like him already. It takes the wise to peruse and understand his writeups.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by HeWrites(m): 9:44pm On Sep 14, 2019
omenka:
What I dislike about this blogger is that when he was a Senator, the ONLY thing that made news about him as per constituency project was purchasing transistor radios for his people. But he is one of the loudest critic of the government.

grin grin grin

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by HeWrites(m): 9:44pm On Sep 14, 2019
Abfinest007:
there is nothing like they are robbery Peter to pay Paul bcuz Peter has not been paid or has FG started paying the new minimum wage, this is just pure foolishness from this government

True

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by Powerbankseller(m): 9:47pm On Sep 14, 2019
It doesn't concern richest men in Nigeria. their subordinates will pay for them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by emeijeh(m): 10:07pm On Sep 14, 2019
Buhari and APC,
Una know say una no get sense sha?

Fools

3 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:29pm On Sep 14, 2019
This is simply a case of Robbing Paul the masses to pay Peter the Govt. ...when will we ever have a sincere government in this country...which way Nigeria?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by helinues: 10:49pm On Sep 14, 2019
Shehu should monitise his twitter page oo

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by BlessedNuel: 10:49pm On Sep 14, 2019
Nigerian Government just dey fry dodo on top our head(s).

Who is actually fooling who in this country?

Shehu is directly Solomon's descendant...Oil dey pOn his head

Meanwhile... If you need Original Unadulterated Pure Honey. Call or whatsapp me on the number attached to my signature below

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by ibkgab001: 10:50pm On Sep 14, 2019
Robbing PETER to pay PAUL

This man is wiser than Buhari and El rufai combined together

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by materialproject: 10:50pm On Sep 14, 2019
Hahaha
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by VillageHead: 10:50pm On Sep 14, 2019
Given with the right hand and collected with the left hand.

Only God can save us
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by Richdad50(m): 10:50pm On Sep 14, 2019
shocked
You that is not a HYPOCRITE what have you done for your own people? Small boys abusing men who fought alongside their grandparents for democracy. Silly children.

Richdad
omenka:
What I dislike about this blogger is that when he was a Senator, the ONLY thing that made news about him as per constituency project was purchasing about TWENTY TRANSISTOR RADIOS for his people. But he is one of the loudest critic of the government.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by Iamgrey5(m): 10:51pm On Sep 14, 2019
omenka:

cheesy
I can't laugh.
Richdad50:
shocked
You that is not a HYPOCRITE what have you done for your own people? Small boys abusing men who fought along their grandparents for democracy.

Richdad

You are also being hypocritical for comparing an average citizen to a lawmaker who was duly allocated resources for the purpose of improving his people's welfare but failed terribly.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by ursullalinda(f): 10:51pm On Sep 14, 2019
In all of this I pity civil servants the most. Because they are really suffering
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by momodub: 10:51pm On Sep 14, 2019
Wicked
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by OiOi: 10:52pm On Sep 14, 2019
He sounds defeated and jealous... How come he only found his theological voice after losing??
Sheu Sanni turning Samson Samuel

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by blackboy2star(m): 10:52pm On Sep 14, 2019
Former Nigeria Senator now Twitter Senator cheesy representing Kaduna...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by nototribalist: 10:52pm On Sep 14, 2019
grin grin grin grin this one loud
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by Hotzone(m): 10:52pm On Sep 14, 2019
They wan use cutlass finish the peanut 30, ooo Naira wage
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by ppreye(m): 10:53pm On Sep 14, 2019
Senator of Tweets grin

Please check out our Amazing solar offers for your homes and small businesses

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by micflo28(m): 10:53pm On Sep 14, 2019
Are we ready for the illusory wage increment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by Kennitrust(m): 10:54pm On Sep 14, 2019
Lol, still contemplating on minimum wage but fast to approved VAT. A fraudster have taken over the leadership

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by datola: 10:54pm On Sep 14, 2019
The former SINator is so witty and garrulous more than El-rufai
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by AkupeMBANO(m): 10:54pm On Sep 14, 2019
brilliant tweet

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by shamecurls(m): 10:54pm On Sep 14, 2019
Shehu has been relegated to a twitter warrior

When he was collecting hardship allowance in the senate, he was quite

Reasons why I dont like short people

4 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Nigerians Who Want Israel To Accept Them As Jews - BBC / Bukola Saraki Reacts To The Ongoing Shiite Protest Happening In Abuja / 2019: Buhari Presidential Campaign In Kaduna (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.