Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,901 members, 7,806,629 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

Tribunal: Presidency condemns media report, says Buhari retracted nothing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal: Presidency condemns media report, says Buhari retracted nothing (16230 Views)

ICPC Clears The Air On Media Report Surrounding Abuja Property's Raid / Igbos Share Ancestry With Jews - New Report Says / Anambra State Govt Debunks Media Report on Evil Spirit in Govt House Awka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribunal: Presidency condemns media report, says Buhari retracted nothing by chisomdoris: 10:34pm On Sep 14, 2019
The Presidency has condemned what it described as ”a twisted story with malicious intent” which was published in Saturday Punch of Sept. 14, with the headline; “Tribunal: Buhari retracts, confesses he was under tension.”

The news story was derived from what the President said when he received All Progressives Congress (APC) governors, who had come to felicitate with him at State House, Abuja on Friday.

The President’s spokesman, Mr Femi Adesina, in a statement in Abuja on Saturday, said the newspaper was being mischievous by trying to link up what the president said in an earlier statement (on the judgment) with his remarks during the Friday visit.

The statement read part: ”Referring specifically to judgment day by the tribunal, which coincided with the maiden meeting of the Federal Executive Council (FEC), President Buhari had said: “It was a fabulous coincidence that it came almost the same time the first FEC meeting of this government was taking place.

“It lasted about the same time with the judgment. I thank God for that because I think I would have gone into trauma or something. So, I was busy trying to concentrate on the memos.

”An elementary understanding of the English language shows that President Buhari was talking specifically of the day and time of the court ruling, not before.

”Saturday Punch went further to say that the President’s remarks amounted to a retraction of his earlier statement, in which he said he had been unperturbed about the judicial challenge to his electoral victory.

”Hear the statement personally approved earlier on Wednesday by the President: ‘Good conscience fears no evil report. I was unperturbed all along because I knew Nigerians freely gave us the mandate. We are now vindicated.’

”I was unperturbed all along… Was that referring to judgment day? A simple comprehension of English language indicates otherwise. It referred to the many months the case lasted in court.”

https://www.pulse.ng/news/politics/tribunal-ruling-presidency-condemns-media-report-says-buhari-retracted-nothing/ppy72hl

3 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Presidency condemns media report, says Buhari retracted nothing by jaymee0(m): 10:37pm On Sep 14, 2019
Ok
Re: Tribunal: Presidency condemns media report, says Buhari retracted nothing by ursullalinda(f): 10:45pm On Sep 14, 2019
We don't know who to believe and whom not to.

3 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Presidency condemns media report, says Buhari retracted nothing by momodub: 10:46pm On Sep 14, 2019
Humm
Re: Tribunal: Presidency condemns media report, says Buhari retracted nothing by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 14, 2019
grin
Re: Tribunal: Presidency condemns media report, says Buhari retracted nothing by Mjjust: 10:47pm On Sep 14, 2019
Done
Re: Tribunal: Presidency condemns media report, says Buhari retracted nothing by trendymarseey(f): 10:47pm On Sep 14, 2019
kk
Re: Tribunal: Presidency condemns media report, says Buhari retracted nothing by helinues: 10:47pm On Sep 14, 2019
I said it. How can they say he used the FEC to kill the tribunal tensions even when Atiku himself already knew of his impending defeats.

Poor journalism everywhere these days

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribunal: Presidency condemns media report, says Buhari retracted nothing by VillageHead: 10:48pm On Sep 14, 2019
Only God knows the truth
Re: Tribunal: Presidency condemns media report, says Buhari retracted nothing by finestboy1: 10:48pm On Sep 14, 2019
Intersting
Re: Tribunal: Presidency condemns media report, says Buhari retracted nothing by blackboy2star(m): 10:48pm On Sep 14, 2019
Nah una sabi, better start working and eat the yam small small
Re: Tribunal: Presidency condemns media report, says Buhari retracted nothing by BlessedNuel: 10:48pm On Sep 14, 2019
Issoryt....we just take one eye dey watch ur government angry

1 Like

Re: Tribunal: Presidency condemns media report, says Buhari retracted nothing by nairalandfreak(m): 10:48pm On Sep 14, 2019
The first was a statement released on his behalf, the latter his what Buhari said with his own mouth

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Presidency condemns media report, says Buhari retracted nothing by growtogeda: 10:50pm On Sep 14, 2019
power is transient! power is transient!! power is transient!!! thread carefully
Re: Tribunal: Presidency condemns media report, says Buhari retracted nothing by materialproject: 10:51pm On Sep 14, 2019
Ok
Re: Tribunal: Presidency condemns media report, says Buhari retracted nothing by Hotzone(m): 10:56pm On Sep 14, 2019
Not interesting
Re: Tribunal: Presidency condemns media report, says Buhari retracted nothing by Sonoyom(m): 11:00pm On Sep 14, 2019
Traumatic Government

1 Like

Re: Tribunal: Presidency condemns media report, says Buhari retracted nothing by Nobody: 11:01pm On Sep 14, 2019
The only solution to bad government in Nigeria is Mass protest against the government by the citizens.(I mean a protest that will attract the UN)
Some one in the game told me that it is the only solution to our problem.
I want a good United Nigeria but I can't have it on my own.
The mentality of God will save us might not work in this situation because heaven helps those who help themselves.

And also those of you that are blaming bUHARI for every thing that happens in any part of Nigeria, don't forget that every state have governor for a reason.
So if the governor of the state is eating the progress of the state pls don't call bUHARI hold the governor responsible.

I know my comment might not have any thing to do with this,
But I'm just expressing my concern and hope for a better Nigeria.
Thank you and good night

17 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Presidency condemns media report, says Buhari retracted nothing by CrestMan: 11:06pm On Sep 14, 2019
Buhariiiiiii angry

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Presidency condemns media report, says Buhari retracted nothing by TemmyT002(m): 11:07pm On Sep 14, 2019
Did anyone notice that most of the words on different news on Saturday Punch were full of errors?
As in, lots of errors, grammatical blunders and bombs.
It was as if someone hijacked their news and changed everything there.
I wouldn't be surprised about this one too.
Re: Tribunal: Presidency condemns media report, says Buhari retracted nothing by TemmyT002(m): 11:08pm On Sep 14, 2019
CrestMan:
Buhariiiiiii angry
Hahahaha
Re: Tribunal: Presidency condemns media report, says Buhari retracted nothing by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 14, 2019
Right now it doesn’t matter what the president said.

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Presidency condemns media report, says Buhari retracted nothing by TedLawrence(f): 11:16pm On Sep 14, 2019
The question is..Did he make that statement after the period of the tribunal, if yes...what's the Ado about it
Re: Tribunal: Presidency condemns media report, says Buhari retracted nothing by Biritiko: 11:18pm On Sep 14, 2019
ursullalinda:
We don't know who to believe and whom not to.
You know the truth . But you chose to believe the lies and mischiefs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tribunal: Presidency condemns media report, says Buhari retracted nothing by olisaEze(m): 11:23pm On Sep 14, 2019
After telling us that you can be qualified without a certificate, you now think u can equally convince us that we don't know the meaning of the two statements! Femi Adesina the grammarian! grin

8 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Presidency condemns media report, says Buhari retracted nothing by jkendy(m): 11:26pm On Sep 14, 2019
Nigeria can only be great again if and when these guys learnt to respect their age and desist from being childish in their utterances.
What does it benefit them in telling lies with impunity
They'll say grasses are green then later come back with same shameless mouth to try to convince the gullible that the grass is actually red when we all know it's green. Haba mana!!!

1 Like

Re: Tribunal: Presidency condemns media report, says Buhari retracted nothing by AdonaiAluminium: 11:31pm On Sep 14, 2019
PMB was never under tension cos they've had everything planned out from beginning

Contact us for all your roofing jobs and roof maintenance services

1 Like

Re: Tribunal: Presidency condemns media report, says Buhari retracted nothing by AsomArchitectNG(m): 11:38pm On Sep 14, 2019
See our recent design of a 4bedroom residential accommodation with all rooms ensuite designed to fit into a half plot of land See my signature for more details...
Re: Tribunal: Presidency condemns media report, says Buhari retracted nothing by Vikynas: 1:39am On Sep 15, 2019
Mr Femi Nigerians are not dumb..o mind you it came before ur generation, there are not dumb

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Agboola Ajayi: Nine APC Cheiftains In Race To Replace Ondo Deputy Governor / FG Halts N600 Billion Electricity Subsidy, Confirms Power Tariff Hike / Sheikh Nuru Khalid: I Have Paid Price For The Voiceless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.