Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,579 members, 7,861,756 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:40 PM

How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert (5212 Views)

Introvert Vs Extrovert, Who Will You Date? / Marriage: An Introvert Or An Extrovert; Your Choice? / Introverts Come In And Share Your Experience Dating An Extrovert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by Darkseid(m): 7:12am On Sep 16, 2019
Ahdunns:
Phew! This is so like me. I've been also struggling with this issues for a long time, like for me talking or communicating is a huge problem. I also find it hard to articulate whenever i converse with pple, especially female folks...... The thing jus tire me.
You most likely didn't ATIKUlate OBIdiently grin grin
Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by headz(m): 8:19am On Sep 16, 2019
You are in customer care, it is people who need ur help for assistance or information/explanation. You shldnt shake in dose kinda job situations. you can live fine on d outside being introverted but get over the work related aspect
Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by RUDEBOYY(m): 10:25am On Sep 16, 2019
love the way you are...love the way you talk...love everything about you and you will see people loving and wanting to be like you.

don't ever try alcohol or drugs you can only kill urself with those.
Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by oxladexo(m): 7:50am On Sep 17, 2019
Pelon:
The first thing you need to work on is self consciousness,everyone is busy with their own life to be that much interested in the life of others,..
Don't be self conscious when you are with others.Believe me, its not easy the thoughts will come but don't let it deter you. If you can overcome this thing alone,you will act natural.. Shalom

This right here is gold!
Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by tobby20: 12:41am On Oct 20, 2019
victorian:
Op I was once an Introvert too. As in extreme introvert with stammer join.

Lol cheesy

But what changed me?

After my degree, I wanted to float my own company and also teach, sighs how can I achieve such huge feat. My late mum mocked me without end that how can I be so quiet and expect to succeed in life and in fact before I can even say a sentence sef, all my employees and students would have been so bored to death with my presence. Lol
And she's not wasting a dime, to assist me in my business plan unless I stop to stammer and come out of my shell wit people.

And no customer will even have the patience to wait until I finish one sentence, so I have to seat up and change! Or else no money for me o.
I was in great tears when she was saying it.
That night I made up my mind, no more stammering, no more avoiding people, no more keeping to myself. I must talk and I must be bold to face people.

As long as people are not crazy to bite, when I talk to them. grin

So with time., I realise if I'm not social and friendly, my company will fold up and I will suffer greatly.

Mehn I buckle up o and changed.

Remember people will not kill you, if you talk to them. They will even look at you with either curious or bored eyes wondering what u want to say.
So say your mind with wisdom jare and be free!!!!!!

Freedom. Is Power! cheesy

And my next challenge now. My Pastor is organizing a convention, where other pastors from other churches home and abroad with delegates and close to 1 million viewers for 7 days are going to seated watching people chosen to dance. And sighs he has chosen me to dance Infront of so many people on a wide stage.
Initially I was angry, why can't this man just let me be jeje but he made me understand if I don't dance, he won't talk to me again. cry

And I admire my Pastor, I don't want to fall his hand, so I accepted , especially as he called me out infront of congregation. Sighs, I'm practicing my Micheal Jackson and moon walker skills already joined with break dance cry

May God help me o. I pray I won't collapse and fall flat on that day. Ewoooo!!!! grin

It's a challenge I must go through, so says my mind . Devil is a liar!
That's called determination. but not every one can be like you. congrats

1 Like

Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by victorian(f): 3:57pm On Oct 20, 2019
tobby20:

That's called determination. but not every one can be like you. congrats

Thanks smiley

One of the recipe of success is determination .
Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by MapleSettlers: 12:19pm On Oct 23, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Yesterday was the international stuttering /stammering awareness day. I have a blog and podcast on stuttering. Please read and listen to my podcast.

Thank you.

https://theafricanstutterer.home.blog/2019/10/23/stuttering-awareness-day/

1 Like

Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by drezzyx(m): 12:24pm On Oct 23, 2019
Misleading headline.
Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by SavageResponse(m): 1:02pm On Oct 23, 2019
It's in your genes, you can't change it
Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by Firstandonly(m): 7:56pm On Oct 23, 2019
derrick015:
Good day.

I really need a personality change. I am always depressed when I find my mates doing what I want to do.

I struggle in a lot of things I find myself doing. At work (contrastingly a customer care agent) I am really struggling and I have been warned several times to sit up but I still struggle.

Some of my weakness are.

inarticulate speaking

Not been assertive

lack of confidence ( my voice and body shake when I talk)

I can't communicate well in my local language (this is because of my upbringing) it doesn't sound right in my month.

I don't have real friends!

I have tried alot of things. somebody recommended the usage of drugs (tramadol), alcohol or smoke. But I don't want to try them.

I have posted on this issue with more than 10 different accounts since the last 10 years of which one of it is aknopic.
And I have been reading and watching videos overcoming shyness for more that 10 years now but it seems things still get worst

Please help

pardon any blunder
I was once like u till i stop taking things serious. the key is add humor to everything u do and also get close to extrovert
Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by MichaelGabrielz: 8:08am On Nov 11, 2019
Pelon:
The first thing you need to work on is self consciousness,everyone is busy with their own life to be that much interested in the life of others,..
Don't be self conscious when you are with others.Believe me, its not easy the thoughts will come but don't let it deter you. If you can overcome this thing alone,you will act natural.. Shalom

@Pelon plz I need to get some info from you... Cough Related. 07055067627 just sms me n I will call you
Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by Spencer1000: 7:30pm On Apr 01, 2022
akinade28:
The first thing is to accept who you are. Accept that you are introvert and there is nothing you can do about it, you can only try to improve on your weaknesses.
The fact is that both introverts and extroverts have their strengths and weaknesses.
Stop comparing your weaknesses as an introvert such as being timid, shy, quiet etc with an extrovert strength such being outspoken and bold, because you will always undermine and underestimate yourself. You will consider yourself to be a failure and have low esteem
If you work on your weaknesses, you will discover that you can be better at your job than those extrovert, you are comparing yourself with.
Though I understand the economic situation of the country and the high rate of unemployment but not all jobs are well suited for you, that's why you are struggling with it.
I think you should consider looking for a job that requires your intellectual skills not so much of interpersonal relationship skills because we as interverts are not as good as extroverts in this particular area, it's their strengthen, but our weakness.
But in the main time, you can try talking to people or making friends with people beneath you ( in term of age, maturity, academics) this might boost your level of confidence or social interactions before you meet people in your level or above you.
Please don't do drugs, you will only damage yourself the more

Hloo dear read a few of your posts and discovered your an INFJ
I was wondering if we could chat on whatsapp
Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by derbykol(f): 7:44pm On Apr 01, 2022
Be yourself.Just work on your confidence.
Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by Adsexpert: 7:45pm On Apr 01, 2022
I understand how you feel . And sometimes this stems up in the way you were being brought up, probably isolated almost every time , always forced to act in a certain way or live to a specific person's expectations....

Also this can also stem out when a person is being bullied most of the time either while growing up or in school... Cus often times shy people are often times bullied ..

Bro I was in your shoes and an introvert . But being an introvert especially in this country will never help u... At least in life one need to have a little touch if extrovert or the Ability to switch between both at will ....

You've been a church boy for too long lol , sometimes all these pastor or xtain parents deh always cause this kind thing..

With all the fear they instill in people that their glory will be stolen immediately they start talking to a woman or try to mingle with guys . Until you start doing what you fear the most.. and start telling ur self you deserve more and worth more than gold . You might not break away from it..

And never care what people think about you anymore.. Be shameless.. cus a shameless man can never be shamed or humiliated..

Peace out..
Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by excell0001: 7:49pm On Apr 01, 2022
don't over think it just go out and try talking I personally practiced that using people in cabs it would help.
Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by rant19ade: 8:11pm On Apr 01, 2022
There is a saying that- to concur the world you need to first concur yourself-.

The most important thing bro is first become comfortable with who you are. This will naturally bring confidence to you.
Another thing is you might be nacissitic and a perfectionist because of your low self esteem, so relax a bit on those two both for your self and the way you view others.

But the most important thing is come to terms with your personality first and you will naturally grow from there.
Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by Great007: 8:12pm On Apr 01, 2022
A lot of introverts get their energy from me time and not by speaking outside.

My suggestion, practice makes perfect. I have been in meetings that I would not say anything as introvert even when I have something to say. 1st thing. Challenge yourself to always speak your mind and damn the consequences

You may want to join Toastmaster Club or any other association that helps with public speaking.

Try and make friends with opposite sex. It builds confidence.

Make sure you say something in meetings. It will be tough at start but you will improve with time.

Introverts think a lot and cautious. Read wide books so that you have topics to share with people.

Get what you like and do that job but if you don't work on it, you will improve.

Boost your self confidence. Speak postive things to yourself in the mirror everyday.

As a customer agent, you know your content, be confident about it.

Some people are born naturally outspoken. Be yourself but set goals to become a better introvert. I have a Pastor that is very outspoken that said he is an introvert and needs me time from time to time.

Everything is possible. You just have to work at it.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Change From An Extreme Introvert To An Extrovert by Ultraviolet5: 3:22pm On Apr 04, 2022
Good day.

I really need a personality change. I am always depressed when I find my mates doing what I want to do.

I struggle in a lot of things I find myself doing. At work (contrastingly a customer care agent) I am really struggling and I have been warned several times to sit up but I still struggle.

Some of my weakness are.

inarticulate speaking

Not been assertive

lack of confidence ( my voice and body shake when I talk)

I can't communicate well in my local language (this is because of my upbringing) it doesn't sound right in my month.

I don't have real friends!

I have tried alot of things. somebody recommended the usage of drugs (tramadol), alcohol or smoke. But I don't want to try them.

I have posted on this issue with more than 10 different accounts since the last 10 years of which one of it is aknopic.
And I have been reading and watching videos overcoming shyness for more that 10 years now but it seems things still get worst

Please help

pardon any blunder
The most powerful lies are the ones we tell ourselves. my advice is to PRETEND ,ACT ,lies to yourself until the confidence you are pretending to have becomes real. Detach your self and just move . it's what I do and so far it's been working alright.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guys, Stop Paying Run Girls..Look for Freaky Girls Instead. / The Most Important Lesson For Everyone In Relationship / Are Relationships Pointless?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.