Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

Choices: Another Perspective - Literature (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Choices: Another Perspective (207813 Views)

Choices- A Story On Breast Cancer Awareness (excerpts) / Choices- To Be Alive And Loved Is Entirely Your Choice / Choices (A Satirical Piece) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 07, 2019
Well, the main point is that the character Alex is becoming way too uptight, flaring up at little things.. in the beginning of the story, he was fun and easy going.

Solomonbrown64, your indeed a good writer... kindly readjust Alex a little bit, am not saying he should fall for every woman that comes his way o, but he shouldn't be rude all the times and he should be jovial when the need be.

Thanks
Re: Choices: Another Perspective by solomonbrown64: 9:59pm On Dec 07, 2019
... Sorry for the late updates today...

.... Waoh! I am loving these comments here cool but I won't lie, some of them dey make me weak.

.. A woman undermines you and everyone else she works with because she thinks she is better than everyone else. How will you respond to such a person? By smiling or what?

.... Your destiny's flow was blocked because of a woman and an activity you never carried out. The woman you loved and who you didn't want to sleep with till marriage cheats on you and then later confessed to have been keeping a grudge towards you.

... A woman who you should have stayed away from earlier but your demisexual nature was working against you and made you go against your principles until a slap reset your entire system is now making u-turns towards you. You then remember how you got into this mess in the first place. Honestly, una go still commit?

.... An introvert who is also demisexual might desire sex but cannot get it not because of unavailability of women but because of his nature. Until there is a deep emotional connection, there will be no sex. To make things worse, Oga Alex is still technically a virgin.

.... Abeg, make una dey read between the lines in this story because I dey take style drop clues here and there. Sex will surely enter the story but it's not the major part of it.

.... Thanks for the comments all the same. cool

4 Likes

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by solomonbrown64: 10:05pm On Dec 07, 2019
Omittesb:
Well, the main point is that the character Alex is becoming way too uptight, flaring up at little things.. in the beginning of the story, he was fun and easy going.

Solomonbrown64, your indeed a good writer... kindly readjust Alex a little bit, am not saying he should fall for every woman that comes his way o, but he shouldn't be rude all the times and he should be jovial when the need be.

Thanks

.... He is reacting like this because his nature is clashing with his principles especially regarding Mummy Michael. Ms. Anita's own is self explanatory. There is no man that won't lose his temper around such a woman. Ellen's own was deep pain. Cheating is a wound that never fully heals especially when you were faithful.

... Nothing is wrong with Alex, it's just circumstances that is now bringing out his worst side. Nothing to worry about Bro.

1 Like

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by Nobody: 10:25pm On Dec 07, 2019
Solomonbrown64, nice of you to clear the air.

I love this story.. waiting for next update..

1 Like

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by cyber5(m): 11:24pm On Dec 07, 2019
Ibunkun1:

grin grin grin, in the eyes of the carton
grin
Re: Choices: Another Perspective by permit(m): 4:31pm On Dec 08, 2019
Oga solo abegg Na, the food never done grin grin

1 Like

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by cidcidx(m): 7:37pm On Dec 08, 2019
oya lemme comment, nice story. I no dey comment for any story but this one sweet me.

1 Like

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by Ohibenemma(m): 8:04pm On Dec 08, 2019
solomonbrown64:

.... He is reacting like this because his nature is clashing with his principles especially regarding Mummy Michael. Ms. Anita's own is self explanatory. There is no man that won't lose his temper around such a woman. Ellen's own was deep pain. Cheating is a wound that never fully heals especially when you were faithful.

... Nothing is wrong with Alex, it's just circumstances that is now bringing out his worst side. Nothing to worry about Bro.
This settles it. It is a DELIBERATE move BY THE AUTHOR. No wahala.
Re: Choices: Another Perspective by solomonbrown64: 2:46pm On Dec 09, 2019
16 -- 24 -- 16 -- 27 sad

4 Likes

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by solomonbrown64: 2:48pm On Dec 09, 2019
16 -- 28 -- 16 -- 31 sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by solomonbrown64: 2:49pm On Dec 09, 2019
16 -- 32 -- 16 -- 33 sad

3 Likes

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by solomonbrown64: 3:00pm On Dec 09, 2019
Ohibenemma:
Solomonbrown64, nice job you have been doing. Others before me have aired their views about the Alex character, with the commenter above me even requesting that you 'allow' him fall into one or two temptations... I wouldn't say that exactly. But....

If it isn't deliberate and purpose-driven (only you know where we're going to with this story), I will advise you loosen him up a bit. Right now, he's too uptight, temperamental and mostly rude. If the whole aim is to present him as a no-nonsense person, I think that aim is failing. He's rather beginning to appear haughty, inconsiderate and rash.

Laslas, na your story. Carry am anywhere you want.

NB: Before I forget, I also think you give too much away concerning the way situations might end in your stories. It's like seeing the end from the beginning. That could kill suspense. E.g.

He saw the girl walking towards him and decided she must become his next girlfriend. If only he knew that her boyfriend, only a few metres away, will stab him in the neck for his daring, he might never have said hello...

From the point of their meeting, no matter the twists and turns, the reader will simply be on the lookout for when the boyfriend will stab the guy in the neck. The conversation that will ensue between them suddenly becomes inconsequential; that the girl smiles and exchanges numbers with him won't matter; the reader will simply await that moment when the stabbing prophecy will be fulfilled.

.... I like your comment as I love fair criticism. My style varies depending on the kind of story and genre I write. I feel at home when I write fantasy and supernatural tales more than any other story. It's a pity I can't post my Werewolf story anymore on Nairaland but if you can access it, you will notice the slight difference in style when compared to other stories I have put out.

... I wanted to make this story a bit more conversational along with being a first-person narrative. I want to connect more with my audience because I am actually trying to pass a message or two across with this story. So, it's not your normal fiction tale but I know what I am doing with the subtle clues as you guys have no idea what I intend for the tale. Lol, so I am not really giving out anything, it's just a ploy for suspense.

... Thanks once again for your comment.

2 Likes

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by solomonbrown64: 3:01pm On Dec 09, 2019
cidcidx:
oya lemme comment, nice story.
I no dey comment for any story but this one sweet me.

... Thanks for coming out bro...
Re: Choices: Another Perspective by ashatoda: 9:30pm On Dec 09, 2019
Got to give it to solomonbrown the plot about who Alex is actually had to do with his experiences in life they have successfully helped him in building a wall around himself all because of the bitter lessons life has taught him and to be honest many individuals are like this our past actually influences our decisions, plans and future goals

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by Wane2: 10:39pm On Dec 09, 2019
Alex as Joseph, and Sophie as Portiphar's wife. I hope for Alex's sake that like Joseph his luck would change for the better.
Thank you solomonbrown64, You're amazing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by Ohibenemma(m): 10:52am On Dec 10, 2019
solomonbrown64:

.... I like your comment as I love fair criticism. My style varies depending on the kind of story and genre I write. I feel at home when I write fantasy and supernatural tales more than any other story. It's a pity I can't post my Werewolf story anymore on Nairaland but if you can access it, you will notice the slight difference in style when compared to other stories I have put out.

... I wanted to make this story a bit more conversational along with being a first-person narrative. I want to connect more with my audience because I am actually trying to pass a message or two across with this story. So, it's not your normal fiction tale but I know what I am doing with the subtle clues as you guys have no idea what I intend for the tale. Lol, so I am not really giving out anything, it's just a ploy for suspense.

... Thanks once again for your comment.
I see, but there's also a danger there. Because of this story, I went back to read the first (sex-ridden) part and I saw lots of such clues.

BUT...

The result wasn't always as potent as prescribed. E.g. You replied a comment with a boast that Madison's coital episode would be NOTHING compared to Bukky's (in the future). I PERSONALLY don't think the latter manifestation actually trumped the former. And I had had some gigantic expectations on account of your boast.

At the end of the day, it is YOUR STORY, your boat to row as you please. And from the feedback, you don't need anyone to tell you you are doing a great job. All things aside, I'm wowed by your attention to little details. You even took us into the world of an average private school teacher (you done do the WERK before?)

Keep up the good work, sire.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by solomonbrown64: 5:43pm On Dec 10, 2019
16 -- 34 --- 16 -- 37 smiley

2 Likes

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by solomonbrown64: 5:44pm On Dec 10, 2019
16 -- 38 -- 16 -- 40 smiley

2 Likes

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by solomonbrown64: 5:48pm On Dec 10, 2019
Ohibenemma:
I see, but there's also a danger there. Because of this story, I went back to read the first (sex-ridden) part and I saw lots of such clues.

BUT...

The result wasn't always as potent as prescribed. E.g. You replied a comment with a boast that Madison's coital episode would be NOTHING compared to Bukky's (in the future). I PERSONALLY don't think the latter manifestation actually trumped the former. And I had had some gigantic expectations on account of your boast.

At the end of the day, it is YOUR STORY, your boat to row as you please. And from the feedback, you don't need anyone to tell you you are doing a great job. All things aside, I'm wowed by your attention to little details. You even took us into the world of an average private school teacher (you done do the WERK before?)

Keep up the good work, sire.

.... Lol. Alright, I understand where you are coming from. I will calm down a bit on those so as not to cut your expectations. grin

... Didn't know you went for the first story too. They are not similar in anyway though but the idea is the same. Thanks for the heads-up and keep the comments coming in. I also appreciate the kind words sir. smiley
Re: Choices: Another Perspective by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 10, 2019
Quality update

1 Like

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by Ohibenemma(m): 8:27pm On Dec 10, 2019
solomonbrown64:

.... Lol. Alright, I understand where you are coming from. I will calm down a bit on those so as not to cut your expectations. grin

... Didn't know you went for the first story too. They are not similar in anyway though but the idea is the same. Thanks for the heads-up and keep the comments coming in. I also appreciate the kind words sir. smiley
of course, I did. I think I prefer this. I also like the fact that you're treating a different perspective here.

1 Like

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by solomonbrown64: 4:01pm On Dec 11, 2019
16 -- 41 -- 16 -- 44 smiley

3 Likes

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by solomonbrown64: 4:02pm On Dec 11, 2019
16 -- 45 -- 16 -- 48 sad

3 Likes

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by oloyedprince1(m): 4:20pm On Dec 11, 2019
thanks for d update

1 Like

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 11, 2019
I think Anita is having or had a traumatic experience which lives her almost self centered and egoistic.. I understand how she may feel sometimes, she just needs someone to confide in and be close to. Alex could help her adjust or change her perspective on things if he got closer to her.

nice update

1 Like

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by solomonbrown64: 3:19pm On Dec 13, 2019
16 -- 49 -- 16 -- 52 smiley

2 Likes

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by solomonbrown64: 3:21pm On Dec 13, 2019
16 -- 53 -- 16 -- 56 angry

..... People that can see far should be able to guess what will happen after today's update wink

3 Likes

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by drewsman: 10:35pm On Dec 13, 2019
Keep it coming bro, remember there wasn't updates yesterday o. I was expecting double dosage today

1 Like

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by prettyJoy22(f): 8:08am On Dec 14, 2019
finally, an update. more strength to your fingers smiley
Re: Choices: Another Perspective by Whizlight(m): 9:00am On Dec 14, 2019
Thanks for the update boss. But u no try at all ooo. The update small ooo. Thanks any way. He no easy. kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Choices: Another Perspective by solomonbrown64: 4:26pm On Dec 14, 2019
17 -- 01 -- 17 -- 04 sad

2 Likes

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by solomonbrown64: 4:29pm On Dec 14, 2019
17 -- 05 -- 17 -- 07

..... Double update tomorrow guys, savour this wink

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (67) (Reply)

Ibo Boy Wey Like Yoruba / I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) / My Aunt And I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.