Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,414 members, 7,800,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

Choices: Another Perspective - Literature (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Choices: Another Perspective (207556 Views)

Choices- A Story On Breast Cancer Awareness (excerpts) / Choices- To Be Alive And Loved Is Entirely Your Choice / Choices (A Satirical Piece) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by Goalnaldo(m): 12:18pm On May 21, 2020
solomonbrown64:
.... Hey guys, I wanted to post an Update later today but I have decided to do that tomorrow so it will be possible for me to add more content. So, till tomorrow guys.

....I appreciate the kind words, Goalnaldo. I expect to see more of your comments.

Stay safe guys.
this must be the type of ladies the novel character used to talk about grin

1 Like

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by Ibunkun1(m): 8:39pm On May 21, 2020
Goalnaldo:
this must be the type of ladies the novel character used to talk about grin

grin, the height yes, in according to him there must be an abundance of some things in the right places cool cheesy wink
Re: Choices: Another Perspective by Ibunkun1(m): 7:49pm On May 23, 2020
Boss man, food never land o kiss
Re: Choices: Another Perspective by Vidamia(m): 8:23pm On May 23, 2020
What I learned about nairaland literature writers is that when they start posting their stories, they don't have works to do, no family affairs to cater for then. but immediately they started knowing that they have got alot of readers attention, that is when they will start having alot of works do, family affairs to runs and lot more.
So my fellow nairaland readers, if you have a jobless person, tell he or she to start writing stories on nairaland. He/she will definitely get job.

6 Likes

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by cidcidx(m): 10:22pm On May 23, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by sunkieisland(m): 12:32am On May 24, 2020
Oga solomonbrown64 no mind the naysayers. Update whenever you are ready.

Abeg no discourage the op

2 Likes

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by Sensitivity1254: 5:59am On May 24, 2020
Pls stop. You don't create suspense by delaying the update but by the way you structure your writings which he has been doing wonderfully well. By delaying your updates you are making your followers to lose touch with the story. They will have to go back and read previous updates before they can connect again.

You are not helping a writer when you defend all the absurdities. You call it out.

cidcidx:

Well I don't really need 2 start telling you the obvious of the writers been busy but wanting to get attention first e.t.c. But truth be told, a relationship with a lady u see every minute will start to get sour soon... sometimes u got to spice it up with distance...
That's a tactics of seduction and as a writer u have to understand this principal.
I rest my case
Re: Choices: Another Perspective by Sensitivity1254: 6:00am On May 24, 2020
No one is discouraging him. Encourage to keep to his words.

sunkieisland:
Oga solomonbrown64 no mind the naysayers. Update whenever you are ready.

Abeg no discourage the op
Re: Choices: Another Perspective by Sensitivity1254: 6:02am On May 24, 2020
Well observed. And it's sickening

Vidamia:
What I learned about nairaland literature writers is that when they start posting their stories, they don't have works to do, no family affairs to cater for then. but immediately they started knowing that they have got alot of readers attention, that is when they will start having alot of works do, family affairs to runs and lot more.
So my fellow nairaland readers, if you have a jobless person, tell he or she to start writing stories on nairaland. He/she will definitely get job.
Re: Choices: Another Perspective by cidcidx(m): 11:33am On May 24, 2020
Oya Oga solomonbrown64, we're duly begging you. Some of us are loosing interest in your story. Before anytime evening reach I'd start refreshing your story page to check for update but till yesterday I almost forgot I was reading your story.
And aside that your story has started to get boring too. Try and update more with more spice. I'm a huge fan of this story.

Thanks in advance
P.S
Re: Choices: Another Perspective by cidcidx(m): 11:35am On May 24, 2020
cidcidx:
Oya Oga solomonbrown64, we're duly begging you. Some of us are loosing interest in your story. Before anytime evening reach I'd start refreshing your story page to check for update but till yesterday I almost forgot I was reading your story.
And aside that your story has started to get boring too. Try and update more with more spice. I'm a huge fan of this story.

Thanks in advance
P.S
Like I once said, it's only your story I'm reading in nairaland. The rest doesn't interest me
Re: Choices: Another Perspective by Olochee: 11:23am On May 27, 2020
Na wah o...

What's happening na angry
Re: Choices: Another Perspective by sunkieisland(m): 9:11am On May 28, 2020
oga solomonbrown64, no leave guys hanging now.

I have been checking this thread for a few days now to see any updates
Re: Choices: Another Perspective by Ibunkun1(m): 8:52pm On May 28, 2020
Mr Solo, hope all is well?

1 Like

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by Ibunkun1(m): 8:59pm On May 28, 2020
Sensitivity1254:
Pls stop. You don't create suspense by delaying the update but by the way you structure your writings which he has been doing wonderfully well. By delaying your updates you are making your followers to lose touch with the story. They will have to go back and read previous updates before they can connect again.

You are not helping a writer when you defend all the absurdities. You call it out.

I understand your perspective. However this particular writer has a track record of always finishing his stories, this is the third story I'll be reading that he authored. So I'm sure there's a reason for the ish. I just hope it's not something bad.

1 Like

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by solomonbrown64: 7:46am On May 29, 2020
... Good morning folks, how Y'all doing?

I know some of are you, if not all, are mad with me for promising and failing to do what I have said. I want to let you know that it hurts me as much as it hurts you too that I am unable to fulfill whatever promise I put into writing or words. I find it as a stain on my integrity.

I am have been absent because I was facing a few things, especially writing a new installment of The Last Wolf Series. It was an impromptu decision made due to the demands of buyers for the story. I had to place Choices on hold for that and I apologize for keeping y'all on suspense before making that decision. Abeg, make una no vex.

There are readers who have paid for this particular installment of Choices; I want to use this platform to apologize for not fulfilling my end of the deal. A lot of factors contributed to that but I promise that things will change from now on.

I want to appreciate the few posters here who vouched for me and those that didn't. In the end, it's all about knowing your writer's character.

I DON'T ABANDON STORIES AND I DO NOT CARE ABOUT VIEWS OR TALES OF LEAVING MY READERS SUNDRY TO CREATE SUSPENSE AS OTHER WRITERS HERE TEND TO DO. MY WORK HAS ENOUGH OF THAT.

Updates will resume before six in the evening. Have a lovely weekend, folks.

2 Likes

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by solomonbrown64: 7:47am On May 29, 2020
Ibunkun1:
Mr Solo, hope all is well?

I am well bro; I just had to face some other stuffs. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

1 Like

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by solomonbrown64: 7:48am On May 29, 2020
sunkieisland:
oga solomonbrown64, no leave guys hanging now.

I have been checking this thread for a few days now to see any updates

No vex bro, update dropping today.
Re: Choices: Another Perspective by aytuns(m): 10:01am On May 29, 2020
Thank God you are back
Re: Choices: Another Perspective by nightcrawler123: 10:48am On May 29, 2020
solomonbrown64:

I know some of are you, if not all, are mad with me for promising and failing to do what I have said. I want to let you know that it hurts me as much as it hurts you too that I am unable to fulfill whatever promise I put into writing or words. I find it as a stain on my integrity.

I am have been absent because I was facing a few things, especially writing a new installment of The Last Wolf Series. It was an impromptu decision made due to the demands of buyers for the story. I had to place Choices on hold for that and I apologize for keeping y'all on suspense before making that decision. Abeg, make una no vex.

There are readers who have paid for this particular installment of Choices; I want to use this platform to apologize for not fulfilling my end of the deal. A lot of factors contributed to that but I promise that things will change from now on.

I want to appreciate the few posters here who vouched for me and those that didn't. In the end, it's all about knowing your writer's character.

I DON'T ABANDON STORIES AND I DO NOT CARE ABOUT VIEWS OR TALES OF LEAVING MY READERS SUNDRY TO CREATE SUSPENSE AS OTHER WRITERS HERE TEND TO DO. MY WORK HAS ENOUGH OF THAT.

For he has spoken. Let there be peace... BTW concerning that last wolf series bro how do I get the from the fourth installment... I stopped at where he banished Apollo back to Olympus and where he lost his Audrey..

1 Like

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by Ibunkun1(m): 11:34am On May 29, 2020
solomonbrown64:

No shaking boss
Re: Choices: Another Perspective by solomonbrown64: 6:26pm On May 29, 2020
โ€ *********************************โ€ 

Chapter 32 -- 03

"Huh?" Bola asked, just as I realized the meaning my words had carried.

"I might have an idea why she acts that way towards people sometimes, although it is just a thought, not fact," I explained calmly, not giving way to my heart that was pounding inside my chest. Explaining myself in another manner would have surely made her suspicious of me.

"No, she is always like that to everyone. She has nearly argued tensely with everyone since I resumed here and I don't hear the best of her either. She has a problem while she thinks it's us." Bola said while I just simply nodded, happy within me that she didn't ask more questions about my previous comment but I decided to keep mute before I exposed myself even further in my desire to defend her.

We took the next turn that leads to our workplace and just then, Madam and her husband walked past. They were jogging and putting on wears to match that; her husband had a regular shirt on and jogging pants but the same outfit, even though it was casual and not the regular kit for that business, certainly didn't look regular on his wife. We greeted them just as they jogged past us and I used about two seconds of my time to watch as Madam's big butt shook and vibrated on every step she took. Damn, what that woman lacked in her face, she made up with her height and wide hips. Her husband really found a jewel in her.

I hailed the old man at the gate, signed in and went up to my classroom, after deciding against going to see the aggrieved Anita. I started work from where I stopped the last time I was there and soon forgot about anything women.
"Mr. Alex; good morning." I heard the melodious voice of Ms. Jenny say behind me and I turned back to answer her.

"Good morning, Ms. Jenny," I responded with a smile on my face. I looked down at her short form and saw her with a few cardboards but didn't think of it as anything.

"How was the weekend?" She asked, now smiling at me as well while looking at my work table.

"It went well; how was yours?" I replied.

"It was restful." She answered with a smile.

"Uhm, Mr. Alex, if I won't be asking too much of two, I will like you to help me with a few things. Please." She requested with a pleading look, one in which it was usually hard to say na to.

I simply nodded at her and she then moved to another free table after then. She played one of the two cardboards she must have gotten from Madame's office on the table and hurried back to her classroom to bring in two textbooks.

"I know you are a good artist, so this will be a walkover for you." She began with her manipulative speech already, acting like I was so dumb I couldn't see through what she was trying to do. I nodded at her, wondering why women were nearly the same in this particular act; always ever ready to use sweet words to boast the ego of a man and got what they wanted done.

"The first one is helping me draw the common traffic signs, about eight of them. While the other is just replicating these same signs of the grammar here: Clauses and parts of speech." She finished and I just shook my head.

"I know it's a lot and you must have something you are working on already, but please can you help me?" She quickly asked before I could say anything else. I just chuckled at the woman; she was really difficult to say no to and quite manipulative when she wanted to me, even though she looked so innocent.

"Well, I have a ton of work on my hands at the moment but I will find time for your request; I just need time." I said, looking at her in the eyes.

"Well, if that "time" can be as soon as possible, then I am fine with it." She said with a smile and I just nodded at her.
"Let me leave you with your work." She said just as my kids came to the class.

I had another child start as well on that very day, bringing my class number to a huge three. Teaching that day was fun until it was time for the kids to have another skill training in photography. I was responsible for that and I honestly had no problems doing that, just that I wasn't sure it was the right skill set for the kids right now.

The class would be holding in the biggest classroom in the school โ€“ my former classroom โ€“ so, I got my things and went upstairs. Madam had promised me her personal digital camera but I wanted to start of with one they were already used to โ€“ the phone camera.

I expected the turnout of the kids, not because I was that popular with them or anything, but because this was something they were actually used to but didn't quite understand how the process worked. Besides, there was going to be a practical kind of lesson, which was something that gets kids off the hook.

I was expecting all that as I got into the business of the day, I saw Anita walk in. I didn't expect to see her and that just took the wind out of me; I got myself back quickly and really hoped some of the other teachers involved didn't my reaction to her entrance. It wasn't that I couldn't hide my feelings but I just wasn't expecting her to be a part of the lesson. It was well known that she doesn't ever come to meetings she had no business in and so I had to wonder if she was here for solidarity or here to taunt me.

I returned to teaching as I laid out the major parts of a camera and their functions. It was a short note since most of the teachings would be more practical than theory. Questions were asked before we finally moved to the hallmark of the lesson: playing with a phone camera.

I asked for teachers phones, a few of them, about four in number, Anita inclusive. It was a bit weird collecting her phone from her as she just gave it to me without drama but ignored Mrs. Rachel who asked for the phone before I finally did. I didn't want to put too much into that little scene, but I thought it was a way of saying we still have something and she wasn't going anywhere just yet.

I soon forgot about the weird woman and faced my lesson. Most of the kids knew how to go to the phone's camera but had little or no clue why placing their fore finger tip on a floating circle right on the screen took a photograph the next second. It was something that they had seen their elder ones do and just mimicked.

They were surprised when I asked for the phones, requested that they stood on their feet and put them into five groups with a senior as their leader. I asked for permission from the teachers to pull their phones apart and got nothing as much as a rebuke from them. All I got from them was a nod but an amusing look on Anita, wondering what else I had in mind.

I asked the leaders in each group to pull the back cover of the phone off, and then wait for further instructions. They did that and I asked that they look at the external camera part of the device and tell me what they saw. Each gave different descriptions of what they could see. The descriptions weren't uniform because each phone wasn't by the same manufacturer, and even if they were, it wasn't the same model.

Some of the phones had a single camera set-up with just a flash, others had the latest trend of two cameras and twin flash. One camera for colour and the other for black and white. When I announced that to the kids, they were like, "wow! so, a phone can use two cameras at the same time?"

That sort of freaked them out, and they were really eager to see how that worked but I decided to call it a day at that. We still had two more classes, so they was plenty of time to teach them about the mechanisms of digital photography and then, actually take pictures with them. They were sad at the news, but I was happy that I had gotten them so excited for the next class.

I collected the phones back from them and returned them back to their owners. At the time I did that, Anita was resting her head on the table; I didn't want to wake her so I just placed her mobile device next to her head and went about marking the short notes I wrote on the board. After that, I bidded them good bye as they left the class in wake of the closing bell.

"You were not playing around with the double camera set-up, were you?" Mrs. Rachel asked as she got up to leave for her classroom.

"No. It's the new system now, although there are rumours that from next year, it will go up to three camera system. Technology keeps getting better by the day; there's no stopping the white man from improving on what he's already achieved." I said with no ulterior motive in mind. Mrs. Rachel left after that little exchange, leaving me with Mr. Kunle and a sleeping Anita.

"Are you sure this two phone camera system isn't a gimmick for those white men to make people buy their phones?" He asked, still not convinced about the differences between both camera system.

"You guys sef, una dey always doubt something." I began with my reply, already getting tired of the questions of these camera system.

"Well, recently, phone cameras have been getting better and better, and now a few of the ones on flagships can compete with a standard digital camera but there are few areas where the latter trumps the former. In taking portraits, for instance, where you want just the focus on the object you want to take but want everything blurry. It's been difficult doing that with a phone camera until recently but now it's possible to take such stunning portraits. Although, the results ranges from camera to camera, depending on the manufacturer." I explained as basic as I could, and even showing him a few pictures captured by a phone with such capabilities and he was really wowed.

"Yes oh, these white guys are something else." I commented.

"Why not drool while you are it." I heard Anita say bitterly, which shocked me because I thought she was asleep.

"How do you mean?" Kunle asked with a tone of annoyance in his voice before I could get my tongue to start working.

"Oh, not you. I was referring to Mr. White men worshipper here." She answered, with a glare shot my way.

"White worship? How does that have to do with phone cameras?" I asked, completely lost at what she was getting at.

"You kept praising the white men for their work in creating a common device as a phone. Are other nationalities not involved in making these devices as well? What about the Asians: the Japanese; the Chinese; the Taiwanese; the Indians; the South Koreans and so on. They make wonderful devices as well, even their flagships are up with the very best the white have to offer, yet you make it seem like the whites are behind everything incredible in science and technology." She said with such bitterness like she had something against me before.

"What? Where did this come from?" I scoffed, embarrassed at her show of unsolicited anger.

"No where really, I am irritated at your display of inferiority complex." She said without mincing words, making my nervousness turn to anger within a second.

"Inferiority complex? Where did that come from? When I mentioned "whites" I was referring to phone manufacturers in general. I mean how many black phones manufacturers do you know? I was just being generic as far as smart phone production was concerned. How does that have to do with drooling for my white masters? What sort of provoking statement is that?" I asked, raising my voice a little at the end of my statement.

"My statement was justified; you should have been specific with your words. I only reacted to what you said Initially." That was her apology and she got up and left after. Proud and arrogant in every way. Obnoxious and Odious....

"It's okay, calm down." Kunle put a hand on my back to put my emotions in check because I honestly didn't know what I was going to do as I watched her walk away 'cos I was really damn pissed.

Lord, this woman just knew how to make me lose it!

I swallowed my anger as I listened to Kunle try to defend Anita's rude behaviour. If I didn't know better, I would have thought he had something to do with her. I just nodded for to get him to leave 'cos he was irritating me with his "respect a woman" nonsense.

Respect a woman who has zero respect for any male she was working with. Well, fvck her.

I went back to work and continued with my designs for the forthcoming session. I was nearly done for the day, deciding to sign out after Jenny said her goodbye. I was going through my main desk, looking for glue when I saw Anita's tablet. I was shocked, wondering how she left it and didn't come back for it. She nearly never left her classroom without it..

Surely, she must have left it intensionally.

I decided to indulge further in her sick games for that day and found my way to her office. I found her sipping her favourite drink in Pepsi, doing absolutely nothing other than pressing her phone. She was absolutely expecting me; she damn knew I would come.

"You forgot your tablet?" I asked rather than state it.

"Are those your reasons for wanting to leave?" She threw a question at me without acknowledging my good service of bringing back her tablet.

"Reasons for what?" I asked, frowning at her.

"Wanting space?" She mocked me in the most provoking manner she could.

"Yeah." I answered without thinking.

"Okay, then I don't buy into it." She said in a serious tone.

"I am sorry; you don't buy into what?" I asked, not really getting her point.

"I don't buy into getting your space and all that. Your reasons aren't sufficient enough. For me, we are still together." She said like she was the man in the relationship

She doesn't buy into my reasons?
"How dare you?" I blurted out from rage rather than reason.

"You gave your reasons and that was my response." She replied calmly, slowing sipping her damn drink. No smiles, no serious expression on her face.

I just stared back at her wondering where to start with this woman then I decided to leave for the time being. She has had me in her pockets for a while and now she was showing who was boss. Tackling her where we worked, where I ate from, wasn't the wisest thing to do. But I know for sure now that Anita wasn't going out without a fight and I didn't want to be dragged into that right here.

I will just have go with her for now. It's the smart thing to do

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by solomonbrown64: 6:27pm On May 29, 2020
Make Una manage this one abeg...
Re: Choices: Another Perspective by nastynic(m): 7:36pm On May 29, 2020
solomonbrown64:
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by domido(m): 9:05pm On May 29, 2020
Welcome back.

1 Like

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by Ibunkun1(m): 9:47pm On May 29, 2020
smiley, hmmm
Re: Choices: Another Perspective by YINKS89(m): 12:15am On May 30, 2020
Whew.... Anita Anita
Re: Choices: Another Perspective by Dybala11(m): 2:21am On May 30, 2020
solomonbrown64:
Welcome back Mr Solo and thanks for the update, more wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by Dybala11(m): 2:23am On May 30, 2020
Anita the drama queen. It's scary to think that there's possibilities of many ladies like her in our society.

1 Like

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by dawno2008(m): 2:16pm On May 30, 2020
Mr.solo nice to know you're a man of your words

Pls keep doing what you do,there's always a reward for everything in life

Weldon sir

1 Like

Re: Choices: Another Perspective by nightcrawler123: 5:39pm On May 30, 2020
solomonbrown64:

Thanks man for the update.... Like sheโ€™s the man in the relationship got me all cracked
Up๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ
Re: Choices: Another Perspective by aytuns(m): 7:31pm On May 30, 2020
solomonbrown64:

Thanks for the update

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (Reply)

Ibo Boy Wey Like Yoruba / I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) / My Aunt And I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.