Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,742 members, 7,802,269 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

My Last Week Of Joblessness And I Hope It Will Be Yours Soon Too. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Last Week Of Joblessness And I Hope It Will Be Yours Soon Too. (3309 Views)

I'm Tired Of Joblessness. Please Heeeeeelp / This Was How I Lost A Bank Job Opportunity Yesterday . I Hope It Helps Someone. / A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Last Week Of Joblessness And I Hope It Will Be Yours Soon Too. by okeniti: 11:15am On Sep 15, 2019
Due to some unfortunate circumstances, i've been jobless for almost one year and seven months. My applications were rejected over 200 times, attended over 20 failed interviews (aptitude tests, meeting recruitment consultants etc ect not included). Finally, the application I sent weeks ago and interviews I attended this week was the one that returned the congratulations we would like you to join our team to resume this coming week email.

I've had some tough times in my life especially in the last few years but this period has definitely been one of the toughest in my life so far. There's many bad things about being jobless in these times but more specifically, there's not many more degrading things in this life than not being able to stand on one's own feet (the only person you can rely on is yourself with more money). Having to ask family members for transport/cv printing/haircut money, the travelling from place to place in harsh weather, nerves getting better of self, being laughed or insulted out of interviews by hiring staff who think they are demi-gods and sadly those who forgot that life is seasonal looking down on you when they really need to focus on themselves.

When the offer came through, and still now, I don't know how to feel. Whether to celebrate, even to smile has been hard. I'm grateful but I just don't think it's truly sunk in. The company is a multinational too which offers lots of room for growth, so long as you want it.

So what am I trying to say? I got interview invite last Friday for this role. That Sunday, I told myself this is the last week that i'm jobless. I'm going to speak what I want into existence, research company, brush up on my skills to handle technical tests and make it work; and it did work. For those with interviews this coming week, remember your thoughts and words become realities so try be positive. They called you so they believe in you so far. Be mindful of your thoughts, humble yourself, brush up on what you need to, looking good = feeling good and most importantly, making this work means I can get my life back on track.

To the people (including some of you here) who went out of their way to uplift me in some dark times with words and actions, I just want to say thank you, when my day arrives I will remember. And those who things are not going well in the job hunt, your time is coming very soon. Social media if used correctly can be a great place to find work. Hang in there and don't give up. Every loss is a lesson leading to something better, if you learn from it.

Ilé ọba tójó ẹwà ló bùsi (the kings palace that got burnt adds beauty to it).

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Last Week Of Joblessness And I Hope It Will Be Yours Soon Too. by softwerk(f): 11:29am On Sep 15, 2019
cry

Touching!

2 Likes

Re: My Last Week Of Joblessness And I Hope It Will Be Yours Soon Too. by emmyid(m): 11:36am On Sep 15, 2019
I key into your blessings bro.

3 Likes

Re: My Last Week Of Joblessness And I Hope It Will Be Yours Soon Too. by mrdharkchild(m): 12:04pm On Sep 15, 2019
okeniti:
Due to some unfortunate circumstances, i've been jobless for almost one year and seven months. My applications were rejected over 200 times, attended over 20 failed interviews (aptitude tests, meeting recruitment consultants etc ect not included). Finally, the application I sent weeks ago and interviews I attended this week was the one that returned the congratulations we would like you to join our team to resume this coming week email.

I've had some tough times in my life especially in the last few years but this period has definitely been one of the toughest in my life so far. There's many bad things about being jobless in these times but more specifically, there's not many more degrading things in this life than not being able to stand on one's own feet (the only person you can rely on is yourself with more money). Having to ask family members for transport/cv printing/haircut money, the travelling from place to place in harsh weather, nerves getting better of self, being laughed or insulted out of interviews by hiring staff who think they are demi-gods and sadly those who forgot that life is seasonal looking down on you when they really need to focus on themselves.

When the offer came through, and still now, I don't know how to feel. Whether to celebrate, even to smile has been hard. I'm grateful but I just don't think it's truly sunk in. The company is a multinational too which offers lots of room for growth, so long as you want it.

So what am I trying to say? I got interview invite last Friday for this role. That Sunday, I told myself this is the last week that i'm jobless. I'm going to speak what I want into existence, research company, brush up on my skills to handle technical tests and make it work; and it did work. For those with interviews this coming week, remember your thoughts and words become realities so try be positive. They called you so they believe in you so far. Be mindful of your thoughts, humble yourself, brush up on what you need to, looking good = feeling good and most importantly, making this work means I can get my life back on track.

To the people (including some of you here) who went out of their way to uplift me in some dark times with words and actions, I just want to say thank you, when my day arrives I will remember. And those who things are not going well in the job hunt, your time is coming very soon. Hang in there and don't give up. Every loss is a lesson leading to something better, if you learn from it.

I understand d feeling bro. Congrats.

2 Likes

Re: My Last Week Of Joblessness And I Hope It Will Be Yours Soon Too. by SirWhiteFish: 12:10pm On Sep 15, 2019
Life! Time is everything
okeniti:
and to those who things are not going well in the job hunt, your time is coming very soon. Hang in there and don't give up. Every loss is a lesson leading to something better, if you learn from it.

1 Like

Re: My Last Week Of Joblessness And I Hope It Will Be Yours Soon Too. by Ezypretty: 12:14pm On Sep 15, 2019
Congratulations bro i tap from your blessing

2 Likes

Re: My Last Week Of Joblessness And I Hope It Will Be Yours Soon Too. by futuregovernor: 12:20pm On Sep 15, 2019
Welcome to my company
Re: My Last Week Of Joblessness And I Hope It Will Be Yours Soon Too. by ChocolateBunny: 12:26pm On Sep 15, 2019
Congratulations.. i key into this

1 Like

Re: My Last Week Of Joblessness And I Hope It Will Be Yours Soon Too. by bobbyholer(m): 12:56pm On Sep 15, 2019
Good day all, pls I’m in need of a job urgently. I’m a graduate of Science laboratory technology ( physics options) .I based in Ibadan I’m ready to relocate My email is laideobisesan2135@gmail.com Thanks
Re: My Last Week Of Joblessness And I Hope It Will Be Yours Soon Too. by Oyetboy(m): 1:03pm On Sep 15, 2019
Congratulations bro

1 Like

Re: My Last Week Of Joblessness And I Hope It Will Be Yours Soon Too. by Damfostopper(m): 1:16pm On Sep 15, 2019
congratulations... I am hoping I will have a testimony soon

2 Likes

Re: My Last Week Of Joblessness And I Hope It Will Be Yours Soon Too. by Yusfunoble(m): 2:06pm On Sep 15, 2019
mrdharkchild:

I understand d feeling bro. Congrats.

You don’t need to quote the whole post na

2 Likes

Re: My Last Week Of Joblessness And I Hope It Will Be Yours Soon Too. by Yusfunoble(m): 2:07pm On Sep 15, 2019
Congratulations man!
Coming through..

1 Like

Re: My Last Week Of Joblessness And I Hope It Will Be Yours Soon Too. by Koove: 2:28pm On Sep 15, 2019
congrats man......
pls I'm in search of a job in a construction company/firm.. Bsc(Civil) any link will be so appreciated. Thanks
Re: My Last Week Of Joblessness And I Hope It Will Be Yours Soon Too. by Lagbaja01(m): 4:01pm On Sep 15, 2019
Congrats man.....I'm already thinking of giving up on job hunting but this testimony of yours lifted my spirit....I will quote this when I get mine smiley
okeniti:

To the people (including some of you here) who went out of their way to uplift me in some dark times with words and actions, I just want to say thank you, when my day arrives I will remember. And those who things are not going well in the job hunt, your time is coming very soon. Hang in there and don't give up. Every loss is a lesson leading to something better, if you learn from it.

4 Likes

Re: My Last Week Of Joblessness And I Hope It Will Be Yours Soon Too. by mrdharkchild(m): 4:09pm On Sep 15, 2019
Yusfunoble:

You don’t need to quote the whole post na
Nor Vex, bros.
E nor go happen again.
I am very sorry

2 Likes

Re: My Last Week Of Joblessness And I Hope It Will Be Yours Soon Too. by Kyrx(m): 4:15pm On Sep 15, 2019
More blessings brother, I wish you the best in your new job!

1 Like

Re: My Last Week Of Joblessness And I Hope It Will Be Yours Soon Too. by Kyrx(m): 4:17pm On Sep 15, 2019
mrdharkchild:

Nor Vex, bros.
E nor go happen again.
I am very sorry

grin grin grin
I actually did the same, had to quickly reedit.

1 Like

Re: My Last Week Of Joblessness And I Hope It Will Be Yours Soon Too. by franklingud(m): 4:19pm On Sep 15, 2019
Congratulations Bro!
More grace!

I tap from your blessings.

1 Like

Re: My Last Week Of Joblessness And I Hope It Will Be Yours Soon Too. by sparog(m): 5:35pm On Sep 15, 2019
Congratulations bro.

2 Likes

Re: My Last Week Of Joblessness And I Hope It Will Be Yours Soon Too. by occenachi(m): 6:01pm On Sep 15, 2019
Congrats bro very happy for you

1 Like

Re: My Last Week Of Joblessness And I Hope It Will Be Yours Soon Too. by Tomreed(m): 6:49pm On Sep 15, 2019
Congrats bro

1 Like

Re: My Last Week Of Joblessness And I Hope It Will Be Yours Soon Too. by Harlem2(m): 6:57pm On Sep 15, 2019
Congratulations man
smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: My Last Week Of Joblessness And I Hope It Will Be Yours Soon Too. by Amhappy(f): 7:12pm On Sep 15, 2019
Congratulations. I key into this breakthrough.

2 Likes

Re: My Last Week Of Joblessness And I Hope It Will Be Yours Soon Too. by cotmag(m): 8:05pm On Sep 15, 2019
Congratulations bro.

1 Like

Re: My Last Week Of Joblessness And I Hope It Will Be Yours Soon Too. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 15, 2019
Congratulations o cool.

Tough times never last, tough people do. Robert Schuller

1 Like

Re: My Last Week Of Joblessness And I Hope It Will Be Yours Soon Too. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 15, 2019
But, why is joblessness the order of the day in this part of the world? Why?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2520548254864483&id=100007279982988
Re: My Last Week Of Joblessness And I Hope It Will Be Yours Soon Too. by Sirmuel1(m): 9:00pm On Sep 15, 2019
Ilé ọba tójó ẹwà ló bùsi

I love that Yoruba quote. Congratulations bro

1 Like

Re: My Last Week Of Joblessness And I Hope It Will Be Yours Soon Too. by optm(m): 10:06pm On Sep 15, 2019
Congratulations.
Re: My Last Week Of Joblessness And I Hope It Will Be Yours Soon Too. by loanky: 10:46pm On Sep 15, 2019
Congratulations to you, but you didn't tell us how you got information on the job before you applied. The most difficult aspect of job hunting is getting the job advertisement. Most of the advertisement on job vacancy section of nairaland are just full of spam by some bloggers hungry for traffic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Last Week Of Joblessness And I Hope It Will Be Yours Soon Too. by MRAKBEE(m): 10:58pm On Sep 15, 2019
Expecting a call from my potential employer this week. God has never failed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Last Week Of Joblessness And I Hope It Will Be Yours Soon Too. by BdonV: 11:09pm On Sep 15, 2019
Congrats bro... I tap into it... I seriously can relate with the part of having to ask family for money...its sad... I know I will also testify soon.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is Spns Consulting? Urgent Please / Existing Vacancies In An Engineering Firm / Need A Writer? I'm Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.