Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,388 members, 7,808,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:04 AM

Pantami Directs NCC To Block 9.2m Improperly Registered SIM Cards - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Pantami Directs NCC To Block 9.2m Improperly Registered SIM Cards (13492 Views)

NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today / SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network / NCC Begins Deactivation Of Improperly Registered Sims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pantami Directs NCC To Block 9.2m Improperly Registered SIM Cards by naptu2: 11:23am On Sep 15, 2019
Communications Minister, Pantami, directs NCC to block 9.2m improperly registered SIM cards

Telecom regulator, the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has been ordered to block about 9.2 million unregistered mobile telephone SIM cards as the Nigerian government haunts down illegal SIM cards used by criminals such as kidnappers to perpetrate crimes. 

On his recent assumption of office, Minister of Communications, Dr. Isa Ali Ibrahim Pantami, requested all agencies and departments under his purview, including the NCC to submit reports on their baseline short-term performance targets.

The report by the NCC and signed by its executive vice chairman, Professor Umar Garba Danbatta, contained precise figures of improperly registered SIM cards in use around the country.

The Commission in its report disclosed that an estimated 9.2 million SIM cards did not comply with the proper procedures of SIM registration. The investigation which was carried out at the behest of the minister exposed, for the first time in the telecoms history of Nigeria, in precise detail, the magnitude of defaulters.

Reacting to the report, Pantami expressed concern over the security implication of this discovery and further directed that the telecoms regulator, should with immediate effect, ensure that all improperly registered phone numbers are duly re-registered.

To ensure maximum compliance, Pantami has directed NCC to ensure all mobile network operators block all SIM cards that do not meet proper registration standards until users comply with proper re-registration procedures.

“The security implication of this irregularity is too grave to ignore and the Federal Ministry of Communications will not tolerate any actions or inactions that will compromise the nation’s security,” said Pantami as quoted in a statement released in Abuja today by his spokesperson, Uwa Suleiman

http://itedgenews.ng/2019/09/13/communications-minister-pantami-directs-ncc-to-block-9-2m-improperly-registered-sim-cards/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pantami Directs NCC To Block 9.2m Improperly Registered SIM Cards by naptu2: 11:29am On Sep 15, 2019
See previous thread.

Pantami Sets Targets For 6 Agencies Under The Ministry Of Communications.
https://www.nairaland.com/5393518/pantami-sets-targets-6-agencies
Re: Pantami Directs NCC To Block 9.2m Improperly Registered SIM Cards by naptu2: 11:31am On Sep 15, 2019
Minister of Communication Technology Issues Directives to Telecom Regulators.

By Tunji Oyeyemi
September 13, 2019

ABUJA (Min of Communication Report) – In line with the directives of the Minister of Communications, Dr. Isa Ali Ibrahim Pantami, to all Agencies and Parastatals under his purview, the Nigeria Communications Commission (NCC) has submitted its baseline short-term performance targets report.

The report signed by the Executive Vice Chairman of the Commission, contained precise figures of improperly registered SIM cards in use around the country.

The investigation which was carried out at the behest of the Minister, exposed the Telecomms history of Nigeria in precise detail, the magnitude of defaulters. It also disclosed that an estimated nine million two hundred thousand (9.2M) SIM cards did not comply with the proper procedure of SIM registration.

The Minister expressed concern over the security implication of this discovery and further directed that the Telecomms regulator, should with immediate effect, ensure that all improperly registered numbers are duly reregistered.

To ensure maximum compliance, he also directed NCC to ensure all mobile network operators block all SIM cards that do not meet proper registration standards until users comply with proper re-registration procedure.

Signed

Uwa Suleiman

https://fmic.gov.ng/minister-of-communication-technology-issues-directives-to-telecom-regulators/

Re: Pantami Directs NCC To Block 9.2m Improperly Registered SIM Cards by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 15, 2019
cc:lalasticlala kindly move this informative thread
Re: Pantami Directs NCC To Block 9.2m Improperly Registered SIM Cards by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 15, 2019
What beats me is eventhough all SIMs are properly registered, How come we can't use it to track down kidnappers, fraudsters and other criminals. Well regardless of how many Sim is registered, the Nigeria system is dysfunctional, broken and insufficient to the optimal utilization of Sim identification when the need calls for it.

I swear. I nor go dey speak all that plenty English if to say no be this ad I wan post. DISTRESS SALES DEAL on a Lexus down my signature.

13 Likes

Re: Pantami Directs NCC To Block 9.2m Improperly Registered SIM Cards by brushesz: 2:09pm On Sep 15, 2019
Negligence on NCC's side.
Must they wait until the minister direct them on the needful?

8 Likes

Re: Pantami Directs NCC To Block 9.2m Improperly Registered SIM Cards by ginaeve: 2:09pm On Sep 15, 2019
wicked
Re: Pantami Directs NCC To Block 9.2m Improperly Registered SIM Cards by Masama: 2:09pm On Sep 15, 2019
I don check my own, I am covered

2 Likes

Re: Pantami Directs NCC To Block 9.2m Improperly Registered SIM Cards by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 15, 2019
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Pantami Directs NCC To Block 9.2m Improperly Registered SIM Cards by GrandMufti: 2:09pm On Sep 15, 2019
Ok.

2 Likes

Re: Pantami Directs NCC To Block 9.2m Improperly Registered SIM Cards by Decryptor(m): 2:10pm On Sep 15, 2019
And this one will say he is working!

1 Like

Re: Pantami Directs NCC To Block 9.2m Improperly Registered SIM Cards by Risingblue008(m): 2:10pm On Sep 15, 2019
R my to say its a welcome deve or what?
Re: Pantami Directs NCC To Block 9.2m Improperly Registered SIM Cards by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 2:11pm On Sep 15, 2019
grin grin grin

Its a welcome development, for my side no shaking.
Re: Pantami Directs NCC To Block 9.2m Improperly Registered SIM Cards by mastar111: 2:12pm On Sep 15, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Pantami Directs NCC To Block 9.2m Improperly Registered SIM Cards by BlessedNuel: 2:12pm On Sep 15, 2019
Issoryt

If you need Pure Original Honey call or whatsapp me on 09019498771
Re: Pantami Directs NCC To Block 9.2m Improperly Registered SIM Cards by Girlieo(f): 2:13pm On Sep 15, 2019
And how as this add to the economy of Nigeria.
Re: Pantami Directs NCC To Block 9.2m Improperly Registered SIM Cards by Olanipekun1: 2:15pm On Sep 15, 2019
[s]
LordviccoDaGuru:
grin grin grin

Its a welcome development, for my side no shaking.
[/s]
Re: Pantami Directs NCC To Block 9.2m Improperly Registered SIM Cards by Cutehector(m): 2:16pm On Sep 15, 2019
How will they pass across this message to those who can't understand English? The locals in the villages, etc. They need to sensitize these category of people very well. Not everyone has access to social media
Re: Pantami Directs NCC To Block 9.2m Improperly Registered SIM Cards by MrBONE2(m): 2:17pm On Sep 15, 2019
grin
Re: Pantami Directs NCC To Block 9.2m Improperly Registered SIM Cards by Busch: 2:17pm On Sep 15, 2019
ok
Re: Pantami Directs NCC To Block 9.2m Improperly Registered SIM Cards by omenka(m): 2:17pm On Sep 15, 2019
Just checked my new Airtel line with the codes made available and saw it has been duly registered. Good to go.
Re: Pantami Directs NCC To Block 9.2m Improperly Registered SIM Cards by oluemmakay(m): 2:18pm On Sep 15, 2019
If you are one of those who quickly used the code to check their status? Let's gather here

3 Likes

Re: Pantami Directs NCC To Block 9.2m Improperly Registered SIM Cards by passyhansome(m): 2:18pm On Sep 15, 2019
Good
Re: Pantami Directs NCC To Block 9.2m Improperly Registered SIM Cards by lyriclekidd(m): 2:18pm On Sep 15, 2019
Okay cool
Re: Pantami Directs NCC To Block 9.2m Improperly Registered SIM Cards by sgd: 2:19pm On Sep 15, 2019
Way to go
Re: Pantami Directs NCC To Block 9.2m Improperly Registered SIM Cards by lexy2014: 2:19pm On Sep 15, 2019
brushesz:
Negligence on NCC's side.
Must they wait until the minister direct them on the needful?

Its all activity without productivity.
Re: Pantami Directs NCC To Block 9.2m Improperly Registered SIM Cards by Crazeworld(m): 2:20pm On Sep 15, 2019
;
I'm available for your online documents and Print-out Slips. Check my signature
Re: Pantami Directs NCC To Block 9.2m Improperly Registered SIM Cards by itoldu: 2:23pm On Sep 15, 2019
Please start with MTN Lines.
Re: Pantami Directs NCC To Block 9.2m Improperly Registered SIM Cards by lexy2014: 2:26pm On Sep 15, 2019
aaronson:
What beats me is eventhough all SIMs are properly registered, How come we can't use it to track down kidnappers, fraudsters and other criminals. Well regardless of how many Sim is registered, the Nigeria system is dysfunctional, broken and insufficient to the optimal utilization of Sim identification when the need calls for it.

I swear. I nor go dey speak all that plenty English if to say no be this ad I wan post. DISTRESS SALES DEAL on a Lexus down my signature.

These people aren't serious human beings. Instead of d man to focus on how to improve network & ensure that Nigerians get value for money, he is trying to do d work of IG

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Reset Bb Tour 9630 To Factory Setting / My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W / 20 Mind Blowing Facts About Your Smartphones.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.