Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

"The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 (18725 Views)

When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla / A Lonely Heart (A Story) / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by Vulcanheph(m): 1:01am On Dec 19, 2019
You guys should just save yourself the Stress and go and read the story directly on wattpad, it's a long story and it took me three days to read to the end......the owner of the story is a wattpad writer who goes by the name Z. W. TAYLOR , as much as i'm mad with the o.p. For taking credit For another person's work , i just Can't help but thank Him/her For bringing such a Breathtaking to my Notice, because this is so far the most interesting, Emotional, Erotic and realistic story ever.

1 Like

Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by nightcrawler123: 12:39am On Dec 23, 2019
I sincerely apologize for not being the real owner of the story, I really want to apologize to those that saw it and called me names.... Am sorry....

I am thinking maybe I should just drop the story and let you guys read it from watpad... Am so sorry, I hope you guys forgive me... But If you still want me to continue the Story just let know
Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by Ann2012(f): 2:55am On Dec 23, 2019
nightcrawler123:
I sincerely apologize for not being the real owner of the story, I really want to apologize to those that saw it and called me names.... Am sorry....

I am thinking maybe I should just drop the story and let you guys read it from watpad... Am so sorry, I hope you guys forgive me... But If you still want me to continue the Story just let know

Apology accepted wink, as long as you already opened up on not being the owner of the story.
Pls continue the story
Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by classicpeezy(m): 7:29am On Dec 23, 2019
It's okay. Continue the story but acknowledge the writer...
Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by hidhrhis(m): 10:23am On Dec 23, 2019
continue the story bro but next time if you want to post another give credit to the author before you start
Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by nightcrawler123: 11:25pm On Dec 23, 2019
Thanks guys... Will surprise you guys soon
Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by Dybala11(m): 1:35am On Dec 24, 2019
nightcrawler123:
Thanks guys... Will surprise you guys soon
Waiting patiently for the next update
Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by nightcrawler123: 7:04am On Dec 25, 2019
*************************************************************************************
Continuation........

He was thinking about something. He was always thinking about something.

"Well, I guess the question is, what do you want?

What do you want to do Charlotte?"

It took me by surprise. It had been so long since someone actually asked me what it was that I really wanted, that I myself hardly knew What that even was.

What did I want?

Did I want to run off to the mountains? Move across the sea and find a foreign city to get lost in? Get married and raise babies with a new partner? I didn't know. I had no friggin clue.

I sighed while staring into my cup.

I could feel Derek's eyes on me, knowingly, watching me think through the weighty question.

"I don't really know, but I do know that I just want to be free to make my own choices and I want to be happy. I just want to be somewhere where I can be happy and not afraid to live my life. Also if that place had a cook as good as you, well, that would be a plus."

Derek's smile widened a bit. "You don't have to know little one. It's ok not to know. Hell, I've had so many different life paths in my time and still, some days I have no idea what to do next. But-" he paused to take another sip of coffee. "I think what you just said, well I think that is a very good start. Besides, right after your shift, you're going to be staying with us like I said you're going to need our help."

"What then? I mean what do you think?"

He mused for a second before biting into a crispy piece of bacon. "Well, I mean you could do whatever you want. There's no rule that says just because you're a werewolf that you have to do x, y, or z. You may want to get to know some more of your kind outside of Levi, travel around some packs and see if that life suits you. Who knows, maybe you’ll find a mate or a pack you really enjoy? Either way, I would at least consider that. If you don't like it, then you don't have to stay, you could go on and try something else until you find What suits you."

I nodded and took another bite of my pancake. I felt warm. My beast was content, almost like she was wagging her tail in the back of my mind. We both loved that Derek was letting us make this choice, on our own, without pressure. It was a choice that we had to make.

"How is she today?" Derek asked in reference to the wolf stirring inside me. He asked every day as I grew stronger, as she grew stronger.

"She's quiet right now, but good. She's so much more, how do I say it? Vivid than she was before. She's close, I can feel her moving through my veins."

"You just have to hold on until tomorrow, keep reminding her of that."

The beast felt like it was groaning. She didn't like waiting and in a way, I understood. She had been locked up in my body for a while now and needed to be let out. But we had to wait. Just one more day.

"I am. She doesn't like it, but she understands a little more than she did before. Besides, she's waited this long, what's one more day?"

Derek nodded in agreement as Levi strolled out.

He looked tired and had a pace that said that he woke up on the really wrong side of the bed this morning.

"Morning," Derek said in a sing-song voice.

Levi just grumbled before pouring himself a cup of black coffee and sucking it down. I made eyes with Derek who was more than enjoying the sight of a hungover Levi.

"Come on girl, time to go swimming," he called while stepping outside.

Derek smiled and quickly walked to get the pre-packed cooler and handed it to me. I swallowed down one last bite of my pancake and waved goodbye before trotting after Levi.

He was quiet this morning. I wanted to talk to him but I had the feeling that it would be best to leave him to himself for a while. The conversation of last night had to have had an effect on him, and for that, I felt guilty.

My beast whimpered and ached for him. The thought of his loss made her want to tuck her tail and curl up in a corner.

I couldn't blame her. Losing my own parents was hard enough, but I couldn't imagine his loss. It explained so much, yet it didn't explain how he wasn't a crazy rogue. He was a cranky bastard but he wasn‘t out of his mind, it seemed completely opposite of what I was told would happen.

I thought about it some more as I swam but couldn't get to a solution. I let it go and tried to focus on my swimming. The water was cool, refreshing, and still this morning-almost like glass:

She loved swimming. She was giddy as I paddled down the creek with the tiny boat filled with Levi, the small cooler, and a big ass pile of firewood.

The weight behind me wasn't bad, it more annoying than anything.

Levi wasn't going easy on me, but he certainly wasn't pushing me like he had on our other swims. Maybe he was letting me have a little break before tomorrow? He did say it was going to take every ounce of energy in my body.

We quickly reached the big tree with initials carved all into it. Almost routinely I walked to it and let my fingers glide over the carvings, finding the familiar marks that spelled out 'L.A.T.'.

Levi sat and wordlessly started to unpack the cooler. Leftover pasta and breadsticks were packed into it along with an abundance of bottled water and beer. Levi picked up a tub of pasta and grabbed a beer for himself, popping the top open and taking a long drink.

He looked over at me as I picked at my pasta. Toying with is as my mind toyed with the million thoughts of the upcoming night.

"You nervous girl?"

I met his cool silver eyes. It always amazed me that he was able to read me like a book, and always annoyed me.

"Yes."

"Good," he answered shortly. "That's a good thing, means you understand the situation, know what's at stake."

I sighed and nodded. The thought of all that pain terrified me, but what terrified me more was dying. I wasn't ready to die. Not yet.

"What do you think? Honestly?"

"Honestly?" he asked flatly With a hint of disbelief.

I nodded and he took another sip of his beer before looking back at the tree.

The sun was poking through the leaves and starting to cast tiny rays at the base of it. It looked magical, like a home where fairies would dwell.

"Well on one hand, because I've seen it, the shift for humans has killed more than it has changed them. It's not going to be very pretty, it's going to hurt like nothing you could ever imagine. Derek and I already got plenty of supplies for you-"

"Supplies?" I curiously interjected.

He nodded. "Shots of adrenaline, fluids, and some other thing from a doctor friend of Derek's. You'll need it. All of it. I don't say that because you're weak, I say that from experience."

I sighed and toyed with my pasta some more. "So you think I'll die?"

"I didn't say that," he mused. "Like I said, there's a good chance you will. It's a long painful process that has taken the lives of plenty of strong men and women alike. But, well, I don't know about you Charlie girl."

He rubbed his palms over his tired eyes and took another sip of his beer. Beer. The thought of alcohol made me want to puke right then and there. "I just got a feeling."

"A feeling?"

He shrugged. "Yup. Can't really explain it, and I wouldn't make too much of it if I were you."

I leaned back a little frustrated. On one hand, Derek didn't think that I would die, while on the other hand, Levi seemed to continually give me answers that barely danced in the middle.

"Charlotte," Levi said more softly. His face softened a bit as he looked back over at me. “If it counts for anything, as much as you drive me crazy and are a royal pain in my ass, I would probably be a little sad if you left us. Derek has taken a real fondness towards you, and I do like our swims."

I almost felt tears pool. It wasn't a full-on "I care about you'" but in Levi language it was. I took a long breath and tried to push the tears back; I didn't want to get sappy in front of Levi.

"True, who would pull your lazy ass around?" I tried to joke, my heart still was still a bit recovering from his previous statement and I was quickly trying to divert the attention away from my emotional state.

He rolled his eyes and ate one some pasta. Leaving me to my thoughts as silence encompassed us with only the sound of the warm breeze rustling the trees breaking it.

Before we left I went back to the tree. I wasn't sure if I would ever see it again and for some reason, the thought made me incredibly sad. I let my fmgers run over the grooves once more, tracing the lines and memorizing them.
"Levi Alexander Thorne." "What?" I looked back at him.

He had a ghost smile on his lips as he was looking at the place where my fingers were. They rested on the initials I always came back to, 'L.A.T.'.

I sucked in sharp breath upon realization. These were his initials. His initials that he carved when he took over the pack. I felt a pang in my heart. It may be the last time I saw those initials, but at least I finally understood what they meant.

I turned back to Levi and started to head towards the boat. The water was cool, sending chills up my legs, as I stepped in. Levi loaded the cooler up while I tied the rope around my waist.

"You know," he said while pushing the boat out before he climbed in. "My father used to do this with me, make me swim."

"Really?" I asked while wading towards the front of the boat.

"Mhmm," he replied while taking a sip of his beer. "Used to piss me the hell off too, shit, I got so mad at him."

"I know the feeling," I grumbled.

Levi chuckled as I pushed the boat forward a bit. "Like I said, I do enjoy these swims of ours Charlie girl.

I sighed and pushed off the bottom of the creek and started paddling. "Me too."

Levi and I went on a long ass run after our swim, then he had me do chores around the house before chopping firewood while Derek prepared dinner.
Derek had a feast that even with my new appetite, I wasn't sure if we could finish. He a huge pan of lasagna, more of my favorite garlic bread, Caesar salad, meatballs, Caprese salad, smoked muscles, and angel hair pasta With vodka red sauce.

"Holy shit," I whispered out at the sight. My hair was still wet from my shower that I took a little extra time in. I figured it wouldn't matter today of all days.

"I hope you both are hungry," Derek said quickly while uncorking a bottle of 'the really good red wine that we will not tell Levi we opened.‘

"I am but I think you'll have to roll me out of here after this," I said while I started to set the silverware out.

He laughed and put the wine glasses down then the bottle of red in the middle. Levi walked out, grumpy as usual, in gray sweatpants and a long sleeve red flannel shirt.

"Girl, how many times do I have to tell you to not use all the damn hot water?"

I shrugged and gave him an innocent smile. "Whoops?"

He rolled his eyes and poured himself a fat glass of wine before looking at all the food on the table. "Holy hell Derek, you trying to fatten us up so you can eat us?"

"No, I just-" Derek looked at Levi then to me nervously. I knew why he did it. It could be my last dinner with them, and he wanted to make it special. However, the whole notion of that was depressing, frightening, and completely annoying the beast inside me. She wanted to snap everytime someone spoke of us as if we were about to expire.

"It's ok Derek." I touched his arm and gave it a light squeeze.

He pulled me into a hug and sighed. "Sorry, Char."

"Don't be. There's nothing to be sorry for."

"Christ, are ya done having your Hallmark card moment? I'm damn hungry."

Derek shot Levi a scowl and I bit back a laugh. I would miss that man's cranky ways.

I poured myself a glass of wine while Derek plated me a large portion of lasagna. After, I grabbed a few pieces of garlic bread and also some caesar salad.

It was so good, as it always was. I didn't realize that I could eat so much, yet I couldn't stop myself. Surprisingly we all devoured the meal like locusts on crops. I was picking at a muscle that was dripping with the white Wine and butter that it had been cooked in.

"So how does it start Levi? How will I know it’s happening?"

Levi tossed his empty muscle in our 'trash' bowl on the table and dug out another muscle from the black pot sitting on top of old potholders. He sighed and looked at Derek, reluctantly if I may add. "It starts as a fever."

"A fever?"

"Mhmm," he said while popping the meat of the muscle into his mouth then tossing the shell into the trash bowl. He picked out a couple from the pot and put them on his plate then started to dig the meat out of them with his fork. "You'll get hot. Real hot. You're going to feel like you're burning up."

"Then?"

"Well, it's up to your wolf. I can't say what will come first, the tail or the head, that's all up to her and you."

Sorry for the long wait..... Merry Christmas to you all and a Happy New Year In advance....

1 Like

Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 01, 2020
shocked
Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 01, 2020
This is actually a Wattpad story by ZeroWineThirty..
She also has copyright bla bla and will be really pissed if she see's this
Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by Vulcanheph(m): 7:25pm On Jan 01, 2020
henriettttta:
This is actually a Wattpad story by ZeroWineThirty..
She also has copyright bla bla and will be really pissed if she see's this
Yeah....as much as i don't like plagarism , i'm happy that i got to come across this story Through Nairaland....but i think that both the original author of the book (z.w.Taylor or zerowinethirty) and wattpad Won't take This lightly if there discover that someone is plagarizing their work......... My advice to anyone following this thread is to simply go to wattpad and finish up the story because the story is really long and there are two more Sequels,

Book 1 is "THE BITE" which is what you're reading .

Book 2 is "THE RISE"

Book 3 is "THE BLOOD"
Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by jadeliyi(m): 9:02am On Jan 04, 2020
nightcrawler123 should modify the first post, and give due credit to the writer, abeg update!
Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by 198800Mam(m): 2:13pm On Jan 12, 2020
UPDATE LONG OVA DUE
Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by simeongao(m): 3:23pm On Nov 07, 2023
BBQ automatic control circuit with wifi module

The best bbq temperature controller uses PID control of fan speed in response to the error signal created by the difference between the bbq grill temperature setpoint and the measured temperature at the bbq grill level as measured by the grill temperature probe.
https://tengdaelectronics.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/BBQ-automatic-controller.jpg
Control of the rate of temperature change is achieved by a combination of fan speed controlled by the bbq fan controller and lower vent opening – the initial rate of change should be regulated at 6 degrees C per minute below the set point and 2 degrees C per minute above the setpoint.

Additional control of the upper vent in the event that conditions in the diagram cannot be met – upper vent opening will be reduced to choke off air-flow through the bbq grill.

In the event that the BBQ lid is opened, resulting in a sudden temperature drop, the remote control bbq should record the event and attempt to recover temperature at the rate indicated in the diagram.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) / Introvert (a Short Story) / Loving Tyler

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.