Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,704 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

Fish Out FUOYE Killer Cops, Fayemi Tells CP - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fish Out FUOYE Killer Cops, Fayemi Tells CP (10797 Views)

Kebbi Kidnap: Use Your Powers Against Bandits – Fayemi Tells Hunters, Vigilante / You Are Igbo, Don't Succumb To Pressures To Arreest Igboho, Kanu Tells CP Ngozi / Coronavirus: Fayemi Tells Ekiti Civil Servants To Work From Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fish Out FUOYE Killer Cops, Fayemi Tells CP by femi4: 9:01am On Sep 16, 2019
JONNYSPUTE:
. Yes she didn't give the order but she was there when it happened. Why is the governor now asking the IG to fish him out since. Let his wife fish the policeman out. Simple.
so she was monitoring the direction of every bullet shot
Re: Fish Out FUOYE Killer Cops, Fayemi Tells CP by emmykey0128(m): 9:04am On Sep 16, 2019
No need to fish out sir, the policemen are in d first lady's entourage to oye-Ekiti,
Re: Fish Out FUOYE Killer Cops, Fayemi Tells CP by JONNYSPUTE(m): 9:06am On Sep 16, 2019
femi4:
. The policemen shooting were in her entourage. Round them up and lock all. Simple.
Re: Fish Out FUOYE Killer Cops, Fayemi Tells CP by airbrush: 9:25am On Sep 16, 2019
sojiboy:
Text of broadcast by Governor Kayode Fayemi on the Violent Protest at the Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State

Ekitikete,

I have in the last few days agonised over the incident that took place at the Federal University, Oye Ekiti (FUOYE) on Tuesday, September 10, 2019.

Until the multiple investigations are completed, I am necessarily constrained from talking about the details of what transpired. I however do not need to be constrained about the emotions a tragedy like this evokes.

Any death is a tragedy. Any shooting arising from legitimate protests diminishes our fledgling democratic dispensation and calls to question our commitment to fundamental human rights.

Having heard from all parties to the incident, it is pertinent that I now personally convey my deeply felt sorrow for the loss of two promising young lives and for those who suffered injuries.

To be sure, our government prides itself on its strict adherence to the rule of law. The right of citizens to protest on any issue relating to governmental actions or inactions is a fundamental component of our good governance agenda.

We could not therefore under any circumstances have directed that deadly force be used on any of our citizens freely expressing their right to protest.

Even before the conclusion of the investigations into this matter, we have taken a number of steps; a high level government delegation has visited the families of the deceased. This will not be a one-off intervention. We will stand firmly with, and support the families at this time. Those persons with varying degrees of injuries will also be given support whilst their hospital expenses will be defrayed by government.

I have directed the State Commissioner of Police to urgently commence an investigation into the circumstances that led to the unfortunate shooting incident with a view to identifying possible culprits within and outside the Force. Taken together with the ongoing investigation by the University management, we will consider the need for an independent panel of inquiry, if necessary once these fact finding investigations are concluded.

In the meantime, I have suggested to our police authorities to explore the use of non-lethal rubber bullets in managing public protests and the Nigerian Governors Forum will take this up at the highest levels in government.

I note the initial public statement by the University authorities and its Students Union body. We welcome the conclusion that neither the wife of the Governor nor any Government official directed the shootings. Indeed it is obvious that the wife of the Governor and those on her entourage are victims of this unfortunate incident.

The issue that led to the protest has been the subject of intense disagreement and negotiations with BEDC since I became Governor. Last week, my Commissioner for Infrastructure and Public Utilities was still in Benin to see BEDC management on the matter of inadequate and inconsistent supply of electricity in Ekiti State. Though Governors do not have any control over privatised power distribution companies, the four Governors from the states covered by the Benin DISCO have consistently expressed dissatisfaction with the services of BEDC and taken the matter up with the Vice President who chairs the Privatisation Council.

In addition to this, I have been talking to the Rural Electrification Agency about including FUOYE in the next round of their University Electrification Project.

I therefore appeal for calm and caution as we await the reports of the various investigations. No persons or group should attempt to use this tragic incident to destabilise the peace and progress of Ekiti State. It is time for sober reflection as we mourn the dead and care for the wounded.

Thank you and God bless you all.

Dr Kayode Fayemi, CON

Governor, Ekiti State.

oga arrest your wife put her in cell if you are serious.imagine yeye damage control
Re: Fish Out FUOYE Killer Cops, Fayemi Tells CP by joytothewise(m): 9:26am On Sep 16, 2019
JONNYSPUTE:
. Yes she didn't give the order but she was there when it happened. Why is the governor now asking the IG to fish him out since. Let his wife fish the policeman out. Simple.

She was there when it happen ** and she tried to deny being there when it happened?
Re: Fish Out FUOYE Killer Cops, Fayemi Tells CP by JONNYSPUTE(m): 9:31am On Sep 16, 2019
joytothewise:

She was there when it happen ** and she tried to deny being there when it happened?
.. That's not what I mean. She was there and those police officers were in her entourage. Why is Fayemi asking the CP to fish him out whereas he himself knows them?He is not being honest if he is claiming not to be aware that those men were working for his wife.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fish Out FUOYE Killer Cops, Fayemi Tells CP by foreshore(m): 9:33am On Sep 16, 2019
raphroye:
Nice one Mr Governor

What is nice about him. Took him everlasting to make a press statement
Re: Fish Out FUOYE Killer Cops, Fayemi Tells CP by Lamasta(m): 9:43am On Sep 16, 2019
femi4:

Stop defending the indefensible how will the wife of the Governor not stop police officers from shooting at protesting students abi she know hear gun sound inside her vehicle? This is absurd she should be the number 1 suspect in this case cos her influence ought to have stopped those killings but rather its the other way round simply because she was the wife of the governor.

And they will hold Bible or Quran when taking oath of office swearing to secure lives and properties but when they get to office its a different thing entirely...
Re: Fish Out FUOYE Killer Cops, Fayemi Tells CP by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:12am On Sep 16, 2019
Good one, I just like the bumblebees and sincerity contain in the message......God bless you sir
Re: Fish Out FUOYE Killer Cops, Fayemi Tells CP by Livefreeordieha(m): 10:19am On Sep 16, 2019
sojiboy:
Text of broadcast by Governor Kayode Fayemi on the Violent Protest at the Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State

Ekitikete,

I have in the last few days agonised over the incident that took place at the Federal University, Oye Ekiti (FUOYE) on Tuesday, September 10, 2019.

Until the multiple investigations are completed, I am necessarily constrained from talking about the details of what transpired. I however do not need to be constrained about the emotions a tragedy like this evokes.

Any death is a tragedy. Any shooting arising from legitimate protests diminishes our fledgling democratic dispensation and calls to question our commitment to fundamental human rights.

Having heard from all parties to the incident, it is pertinent that I now personally convey my deeply felt sorrow for the loss of two promising young lives and for those who suffered injuries.

To be sure, our government prides itself on its strict adherence to the rule of law. The right of citizens to protest on any issue relating to governmental actions or inactions is a fundamental component of our good governance agenda.

We could not therefore under any circumstances have directed that deadly force be used on any of our citizens freely expressing their right to protest.

Even before the conclusion of the investigations into this matter, we have taken a number of steps; a high level government delegation has visited the families of the deceased. This will not be a one-off intervention. We will stand firmly with, and support the families at this time. Those persons with varying degrees of injuries will also be given support whilst their hospital expenses will be defrayed by government.

I have directed the State Commissioner of Police to urgently commence an investigation into the circumstances that led to the unfortunate shooting incident with a view to identifying possible culprits within and outside the Force. Taken together with the ongoing investigation by the University management, we will consider the need for an independent panel of inquiry, if necessary once these fact finding investigations are concluded.

In the meantime, I have suggested to our police authorities to explore the use of non-lethal rubber bullets in managing public protests and the Nigerian Governors Forum will take this up at the highest levels in government.

I note the initial public statement by the University authorities and its Students Union body. We welcome the conclusion that neither the wife of the Governor nor any Government official directed the shootings. Indeed it is obvious that the wife of the Governor and those on her entourage are victims of this unfortunate incident.

The issue that led to the protest has been the subject of intense disagreement and negotiations with BEDC since I became Governor. Last week, my Commissioner for Infrastructure and Public Utilities was still in Benin to see BEDC management on the matter of inadequate and inconsistent supply of electricity in Ekiti State. Though Governors do not have any control over privatised power distribution companies, the four Governors from the states covered by the Benin DISCO have consistently expressed dissatisfaction with the services of BEDC and taken the matter up with the Vice President who chairs the Privatisation Council.

In addition to this, I have been talking to the Rural Electrification Agency about including FUOYE in the next round of their University Electrification Project.

I therefore appeal for calm and caution as we await the reports of the various investigations. No persons or group should attempt to use this tragic incident to destabilise the peace and progress of Ekiti State. It is time for sober reflection as we mourn the dead and care for the wounded.

Thank you and God bless you all.

Dr Kayode Fayemi, CON

Governor, Ekiti State.
lol
Re: Fish Out FUOYE Killer Cops, Fayemi Tells CP by mercyvivv(f): 10:30am On Sep 16, 2019
Fish them out and let them be brought to book.
Re: Fish Out FUOYE Killer Cops, Fayemi Tells CP by delpee(f): 10:44am On Sep 16, 2019
BlackAlbinoo:
Fayemis wife is a killer and a murderer,am very sure she ordered the policemen to deal ruthlessly with the innocent students.May God judge her.

So sure though you didn't witness the event. Why not wait for the outcome of the investigations?
Re: Fish Out FUOYE Killer Cops, Fayemi Tells CP by pelumi67(m): 12:35pm On Sep 16, 2019
raphroye:
Nice one Mr Governor

Wetin nice in this
Laslas we no go hear anything again, no be hin wife order the police � to shoot...
Re: Fish Out FUOYE Killer Cops, Fayemi Tells CP by femi4: 1:40pm On Sep 16, 2019
Lamasta:

Stop defending the indefensible how will the wife of the Governor not stop police officers from shooting at protesting students abi she know hear gun sound inside her vehicle? This is absurd she should be the number 1 suspect in this case cos her influence ought to have stopped those killings but rather its the other way round simply because she was the wife of the governor.

And they will hold Bible or Quran when taking oath of office swearing to secure lives and properties but when they get to office its a different thing entirely...
you are not intelligent

(1) (2) (Reply)

ISWAP Kills 35 IDPs Fishing In Borno / IPOB Agitation, Terrorism Require Kinetic, Non-kinetic Approaches – Shettima / President Jonathan's Interview Airs On ELTV At 10pm WAT Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.