Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,240 members, 7,780,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:03 PM

Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React (56476 Views)

Peter Obi: Seun Onigbinde Leads Campaign To Crowdfund N10 Billion / Seun Onigbinde Resigns His Appointment. / 2019: Atiku Gave Me Greatest Fight Over Due Process Unit – Dr. Ezekwesil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by unbitchable(m): 3:49pm On Sep 16, 2019
Evercurious:

Now if you want to come up with all these EXCUSES, then pls dont criticize any more cos you have no justification..

You seek a perfect environment to perform? Who gets that?
As a technical adviser ( to a minister of state) how much influence can he wield?
You're just being emotional.
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Sterope(f): 4:03pm On Sep 16, 2019
Oshiomole was a NLC president. NLC doesn't stand for the masses. It has never stood for the masses and it will never stand for the masses.

Keyamo hasn't been a critic of this government prior to his public declaration, please correct me if I am wrong.

livebyday:
I respect a man of honor who stands by his convictions

This man has put to Shame the narative that goes "if you can't beat them join them"

We need more people like this in Nigeria

Case in point : Oshiomole, Keyamo, et al

You either stand for something, or fall for everything in life

Cheers

Edited

For those who don't understand

They are trying to silence him with an appointment where he will get big salary and bonuses and do nothing till his focus shifts to protecting his wealth hence he becomes like them

Again case Keyamo , Oshiomole et Al

Life isn't a Hollywood movie where one man refuses to bow and suddenly the whole nation starts singing and dancing change and revolution. It's more complex than that
This man isn't a Mary Sue! What can one man do in a ministry where from the administration , to accounts , to operations, to management are all corrupt and caucuses of thieves who only care about looting ?

If the government was sincere and not just intent on silencing his criticisms they should have appointed him Minister then he can effect change...an adviser can do nothing but earn fat checks and bonuses

Be realistic he didn't he best thing

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Evercurious(f): 4:04pm On Sep 16, 2019
Folksyharry:

This bold part is my thought too. That was how they made Ibe Kachukwu irrelevant too when he could have done a lot more.

And why didn't he resign? Or you want to tell me that they prevented him from resigning?
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Evercurious(f): 4:06pm On Sep 16, 2019
unbitchable:

As a technical adviser ( to a minister of state) how much influence can he wield?
You're just being emotional.

Did you just say TECHNICAL ADVISER? Lolzz

I really would love to be an emotional person cos I m not
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by livebyday(m): 4:12pm On Sep 16, 2019
Sterope:
Oshiomole was a NLC president. NLC doesn't stand for the masses. It has never stood for the masses and it will never stand for the masses.

Keyamo hasn't been a critic of this government prior to his public declaration, please correct me if I am wrong.

Oshiomole fought for labor against the OBJ and earlier government

Research on Keyamos past activities and activism
Recall?

I mentioned pre appointments seems you missed that
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by livebyday(m): 4:13pm On Sep 16, 2019
Evercurious:

THEN HE SHOULD HAVE GONE IN, BE 'ENTICED' AND STILL STOOD HIS GROUNDS ON THE NEEDED CHANGE AND RESIGN IF HINDERED..THEN II BE SURE THAT HE IS A MAN OF INTEGRITY AS YOU CLAIM.

DON'T YOU THINK SO?

Come on,we both no that won't happen

It's easier to resist the temptation than to indulge and declare you will stand against it eventually

Cheers
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by sunnyeinstein(m): 4:14pm On Sep 16, 2019
ntyce:
I am disappointed..

Highly disappointed, I have known Seun since days in Unaab.
He's a straightforward nigga
doesn't take bullshit and highly honest.
He supported PMB in 2015 but was against him in the last election due to his poor performance.
Those who were against him were sycophants who failed to see PMB's woeful performance.
Yep. Quiet and straight nigga
U sef na Unaabite? Same set with seun? (NB: we were in same set)
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by livebyday(m): 4:14pm On Sep 16, 2019
ChasteGhuy:

Wonderful...

So the young man suddenly realised he needs to "read between lines and think in broader terms" after accepting the appointment?

Cut him some slack

At least he eventually did the right thing which is my point

How many of us can do same? I won't be bold enough to declare that I can either

Cheers
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by livebyday(m): 4:15pm On Sep 16, 2019
olarid01:

Honestly, he sent no positive message. What his actions shows is that he has no direction, that he's nothing but a confused critic.
He would've sent that message loud and clear if he didn't accepted the appointment in d first place.

He accepted the appointment and also proceed to delete his previous tweets, what do you say to that?
but at the end of the day he tribes it down

Remember no even ever recalls who comes in second in a competition only the winner

He did the right thing eventually and history won't say he deleted accounts or wasted two days to decide but that he turned it down

Cheers
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by TemmyT002(m): 4:17pm On Sep 16, 2019
Some people are just hypocrites
They abuse and abuse, complain and complain
Now they are given the chance to make the changes they are clamoring for and he is resigning.
Mtchewwwww

Just like those teaching other people what to do. Put them in hot seat and see how they will fumble.
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by yemex04(m): 4:17pm On Sep 16, 2019
I am disappointed he resigned!! He is not principled not because he received an appointment from a Govt he criticized but because he bowed to pressure because of critcisms from people..That he resigned would not change people's perceptions..I think we should not only be critics but ones with solution...Here was a man that has criticized the operation of Nigeria's budgeting system and may be the Govt thought he could be of help hence his appointment!! He did well by accepting the appointment..otherwise, why do we criticize if we have no better idea?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by livebyday(m): 4:18pm On Sep 16, 2019
ChasteGhuy:

It is already in history that he accepted the appointment and went ahead to delete most of his posts on Twitter that was against the government only for him to later resign before even commencing duty.

But history will count him amongst those who said no by turning down. Appointments..

Walk with me down imagination.. imagine a Nigeria whee Oshiomole refused to ever accept political backing to run for governor and was still NLC chairman fighting for minimum wages .. trust me by now government would have been paying N30,000

Or imagine is Keyamo never entered politics as was always speaking out ? When Sowore called for protests Keyamo would have backed him

Do you know how many appointments the late grandmaster Chief Gani Fawehienmi turned down?

Do research bro history remembers sacrifice

Cheers
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Nobody: 4:18pm On Sep 16, 2019
livebyday:

Cut him some slack

At least he eventually did the right thing which is my point

How many of us can do same? I won't be bold enough to declare that I can either

Cheers

That's why there's an adage that says: look before you leap
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by livebyday(m): 4:19pm On Sep 16, 2019
ChasteGhuy:

That's why there's an adage that says: look before you leap

grin
Nigeria will be great again when more people speak up and do the right thing

Moments of weakness's can be forgiven if they at the end do the right thing

Cheers
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 16, 2019
TemmyT002:
Some people are just hypocrites
They abuse and abuse, complain and complain
Now they are given the chance to make the changes they are clamoring for and he is resigning.
Mtchewwwww

Just like those teaching other people what to do. Put them in hot seat and see how they will fumble.

Lol... Talk they say is cheap. It's not just enough to be an internet warrior

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 16, 2019
yemex04:
I am disappointed he resigned!! He is not principled not because he received an appointment from a Govt he criticized but because he bowed to pressure because of critcisms from people..That he resigned would not change people's perceptions..I think we should not only be critics but ones with solution...Here was a man that has criticized the operation of Nigeria's budgeting system and may be the Govt thought he could be of help hence his appointment!! He did well by accepting the appointment..otherwise, why do we criticize if we have no better idea?

God bless you!
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by yazga: 4:22pm On Sep 16, 2019
Seun’s resignation as Technical adviser is bad news for Nigeria not because he’s the only one available to do the job but because we have allowed stupid and petty online politics to overshadow our concern for the country we all ‘love’. Sad. No one can deny Seun’s brilliance and capability. He underwent training as prestigious institutions around the world and his BudgIT NGO is known for demanding accountability and transparency from those in power. Now that he got a chance to work with the government to rid our...

Budget process of all encumbrances that bedevils the process, he’s being hounded by rapacious sycophants who will rather rule in hell than serve in heaven. Government job is not the entitlement of any political party and its supporters....it is a chance to serve Nigeria. Every capable Nigerian is a stakeholder. But I’m not surprised. Many who profess love for Nigeria do not love this country. For them,the concept of party over country does not exist. They will sacrifice competence on the alter of petty politics that has continued to drag us back.

If an APC or PDP led govt at any level finds a capable Nigerian that can bring prosperity many Nigerians yearn for, PRAY, he should be appointed and given a chance. The country benefits in the long run. We must not give in to political jobbers who think it is their birth right. Nigeria and Nigerians have suffered enough. Politics will go on on social media and we cannot put a stop to that BUT we must end this disastrous bickering and pull-down-syndrome certain characters display when a Nigerian other than APC members are given a chance to serve Nigeria.

Seun will move on just like Nigeria must move on but holding government to accountability and transparency MUST continue. I do hope another capable person will be appointed regardless of political persuasion. We need our best and if you find them in “SDP”, appoint them. End.
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by yazga: 4:24pm On Sep 16, 2019
ChasteGhuy:

Lol... Talk they say is cheap. It's not just enough to be an internet warrior
It is a good lesson, one can air his opinion without insulting people. In his case he went too far. There is no way he will be trusted if he insisted on staying on. Lesson is that we should be more matured in our approach. Certain things are important, politics or no politics
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by yazga: 4:25pm On Sep 16, 2019
Please applaud Seun for providing a dignified closure to what looked like a misadventure of futuristic proportions, through resignation. I have wondered how he would navigate the oddity of drinking from the same river he openly defecated into for years
yemex04:
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 16, 2019
livebyday:

But history will count him amongst those who said no by turning down. Appointments..

Walk with me down imagination.. imagine a Nigeria whee Oshiomole refused to ever accept political backing to run for governor and was still NLC chairman fighting for minimum wages .. trust me by now government would have been paying N30,000

Or imagine is Keyamo never entered politics as was always speaking out ? When Sowore called for protests Keyamo would have backed him

Do you know how many appointments the late grandmaster Chief Gani Fawehienmi turned down?

Do research bro history remembers sacrifice

Cheers

Imagine a Nigeria where someone like Seun Onigbinde accepts such appointment and held his head up high in spite of overwhelming opposing voices, he remains undaunted and brings to table exactly the better changes he once advocated for.

Talk is cheap.

If I were him, I wouldn't test the depth of a river with both feet.
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by tech18: 4:26pm On Sep 16, 2019
livebyday:

This man has put to Shame the narative that goes "if you can't beat them join them"

Cheers

Edited

They are trying to silence him with an appointment where he will get big salary and bonuses and do nothing till his focus shifts to protecting his wealth hence he becomes like them

Life isn't a Hollywood movie where one man refuses to bow and suddenly the whole nation starts singing and dancing change and revolution. It's more complex than that
This man isn't a Mary Sue! What can one man do in a ministry where from the administration , to accounts , to operations, to management are all corrupt and caucuses of thieves who only care about looting ?

If the government was sincere and not just intent on silencing his criticisms they should have appointed him Minister then he can effect change...an adviser can do nothing but earn fat checks and bonuses

Cheers
why did he accepted the offer in the first place ?
Na hunger oo

Na wen people criticize am cheesy grin grin

He come resign
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Nobody: 4:27pm On Sep 16, 2019
livebyday:

grin
Nigeria will be great again when more people speak up and do the right thing

Moments of weakness's can be forgiven if they at the end do the right thing

Cheers

This is exactly my problem with Nigerians... We talk too much and do nothing.
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 16, 2019
my people have a saying...
1)the meat that an individual does not eat he never uses his mouth to divide it.
2) whether or not to climb a tree is decided while still on the floor.
I wouldn't say Seun did well or he did bad.. each with his own principles. but my own choice would have to also not accept the position. reasons are
1) next years budget have been planned in advance given him just 2 years to partake in a govt which will be remembered as perhaps the worst in Nigerian history
2) He already has a voice in the nation which would have to silenced if he chooses to work for the same govt he made a name criticizing.
3) the position is not one of much influence his job would have been basically advisory which would make it worse seeing that whatever policies are taken would have his name attached to it as we see him as our man there.
There was no way it would have ended well for him if he had stayed
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by unbitchable(m): 4:32pm On Sep 16, 2019
Evercurious:

Did you just say TECHNICAL ADVISER? Lolzz

I really would love to be an emotional person cos I m not
Wait a minute, you don't know the status of his appointment and you're here arguing.
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 16, 2019
yazga:
.It is a good lesson, one can air his opinion without insulting people. In his case he went too far. There is no way he will be trusted if he insisted on staying on. Lesson is that we should be more matured in our approach. Certain things are important, politics or no politics

As a professional, he should have just stuck to constructive criticism rather than name calling and all the needless jibber-jabber...
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 16, 2019
yazga:
Please applaud Seun for providing a dignified closure to what looked like a misadventure of futuristic proportions, through resignation. I have wondered how he would navigate the oddity of drinking from the same river he openly defecated into for years
but I thought they say a flowing river is self-cleaning...
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by yemex04(m): 4:36pm On Sep 16, 2019
yazga:

My brother, while I understand your points perfectly..But critisms don't make any positive change if they are without practicable solutions..If you must criticize, tell them or show them how to do it better..and there's an opportunity to effect the change, take it!! if you truly mean well..otherwise it's better not to criticize at all..
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by 12345DKO(m): 4:39pm On Sep 16, 2019
Stillthebest:

So we should leave the country for them till when? My opinion is for him to try and if he's not allowed to perform, then resign. The ovation will be louder. Don't we need to take our country back?
I respectfully disagree because it is better not to join those evil people than to think you can find your way round them and get yourself hurt in the process. We all know how intelligent the likes of Fashola and Ben Akabueze are, but these men have not been able to perform to their full potentials because of the hawks running the affairs of this country. Those evil and greedy people wants the status quo to be and are ever ready to tarnish the image of whoever dares challenge them.

To answer your first question, the country will be left for these evil men till we the youths rise above ethnic, religious and tribal sentiments.
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Truthbites: 4:40pm On Sep 16, 2019
I love this guy. Not like some egusi wacking politicians in Edo State who will defend lies to ur face...all because they want to eat
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by glowingflame7: 4:54pm On Sep 16, 2019
Oby is afraid to fail, Onigbinde is afraid to fail. It is very easy for spectators to criticise the players on the pitch and score incredible goals with powerpoint slides.

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Stillthebest: 4:57pm On Sep 16, 2019
12345DKO:

I respectfully disagree because it is better not to join those evil people than to think you can find your way round them and get yourself hurt in the process. We all know how intelligent the likes of Fashola and Ben Akabueze are, but these men have not been able to perform to their full potentials because of the hawks running the affairs of this country. Those evil and greedy people wants the status quo to be and are ever ready to tarnish the image of whoever dares challenge them.

To answer your first question, the country will be left for these evil men till we the youths rise above ethnic, religious and tribal sentiments.

You have a point as to getting hurt
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by makyegh(m): 5:04pm On Sep 16, 2019
Yours must a reflection of the extent of your knowledge and experience. Limited.

If you are a business owner or head of Govt, you would know that recruiting those who have displayed a capacity for understanding your challenges are your best prospects.
You don't engage them just to "shut them up with big salaries".

That's so low.

livebyday:

Cheers

Edited

Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mass Exodus Hits Hausa (northern) Community In Bayelsa State / Video Of Adeleke Dancing As Appeal Court Reinstates Him As Osun Governor / Update On Abia State Governorship Results 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.