Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,853 members, 7,802,736 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked (55704 Views)

How To Set Up And Use Find My Iphone To Locate Your Lost Iphone, Ipad And More / The First Lady To Own An Iphone X In Nigeria (Photos) / Apple Fired An Iphone X Engineer After His Daughter Hands-on Video Turned Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by oodua1stson: 3:33pm On Jan 07, 2020
This is one of the reasons I hate iPhones. Everything is problem. From pictures to music to videos and unlocking

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by oilmaney: 3:09pm On Jan 08, 2020
Bosun13:
Pls o ....I don't know much about iPhone and I want to buy one...I don't care either using sim or not..my concern is, can I be able to use any locked iPhone with WIFI
I have IPhone 8 Plus,battery 100% healthy .msg me on 08099559889
Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by Kibbs(m): 11:33am On Jun 03, 2022
Bro, I have an offer to get a chip unlocked 8plus (AT & T network), do you think it's feasible to use it without any or much problems?

Also, is it possible to permanently unlock an iPhone do you don't have to use a chip again?

princemillla:

Am on 13.0 and am using chip.

Chip has really helped alot of us who are die hard iPhone fans.

I unlock phones but in most cases I advise my client to buy chip why? Check the following reasons

1. Some iPhones are
* under contract which means it has not been fully paid off. (Debt)

* blacklisted which means the imei is dented and you will have to pass Tru some sort of grace to get tech to clean the imei or bypass it.

* in most cases they are generally tag BAD ESN/Financed

2. Some network are naturally expensive to unlock hence client go for chip. Sprint T-mobile etc

3. Some are generally not supported.mostly new devices

If iPhones fall into any of the above the best way to go around it bypass those hurdles with chip.

Some chips allows you to switch Sim if only you know what you are doing.
My 2cent
Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by princemillla(m): 12:30pm On Jun 03, 2022
Kibbs:
Bro, I have an offer to get a chip unlocked 8plus (AT & T network), do you think it's feasible to use it without any or much problems?

Also, is it possible to permanently unlock an iPhone do you don't have to use a chip again?

Complicated for now. Don't go near any iPhone that's needs chip especially when it's at&t as there is not working for now.

Yes u can factory unlock it but will b a little expensive
Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by Kibbs(m): 5:50pm On Jun 03, 2022
princemillla:

Complicated for now. Don't go near any iPhone that's needs chip especially when it's at&t as there is not working for now.

Yes u can factory unlock it but will b a little expensive

Should I factory unlock it or just forget about it
Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by princemillla(m): 7:52pm On Jun 03, 2022
Kibbs:

Should I factory unlock it or just forget about it

No stress daddy let it go
Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by SKINDOGGY: 8:34am On Sep 21, 2022
princemillla:

I unlock phones but in most cases I advise my client to buy chip why? Check the following reasons

1. Some iPhones are

* blacklisted which means the imei is dented and you will have to pass Tru some sort of grace to get tech to clean the imei or bypass it.

2. Some network are naturally expensive to unlock hence client go for chip. Sprint T-mobile etc

If iPhones fall into any of the above the best way to go around it bypass those hurdles with chip.

My 2cent
is it advisable to buy 13 pro max chip unlock
Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by princemillla(m): 7:26pm On Sep 21, 2022
SKINDOGGY:
is it advisable to buy 13 pro max chip unlock

So far u won't be disappointed if chip fail on it. Its a good choice
Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by SKINDOGGY: 8:56pm On Sep 21, 2022
princemillla:

So far u won't be disappointed if chip fail on it. Its a good choice
I don run go buy normal one I no want stress
Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by flejnr2(f): 10:54pm On Oct 04, 2022
princemillla:

1. Some iPhones are

My 2cent
Pls I want to buy iPhone 11 chips unlocked is it advisable?
Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by clarkmos15(m): 4:53pm On Oct 23, 2022
princemillla:

1. Some iPhones are

My 2cent
I need chip for my iPhone how much
Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by Donwapz(m): 1:43am On Dec 29, 2022
Buying a chip unlock iPhone is cool. The reason why it is referred as chip unlocked is due to the fact that network is locked to a particular carrier and it can work with another carrier without the use of a chip that will bypass the lock.

It's always way cheaper than the factory unlock, its always a good buy if you are on low budget but if you can afford a factory unlocked device, you can go for it.

Aside chip unlocked devices, there is also another set of iPhones that we refer to as worldwide unlocked. Worldwide unlocked iPhones are devices that are locked to a particular carrier but they have been cracked and they work with any carrier. Most sellers won't tell you about this, and you won't know until you flash the device. Once you flash the device, it will lock and turn to a chip unlocked device.

For the iPhone 14 series from USA that comes with eSIM, you cannot use chip, you can only use the device with WiFi, we are optimistic that there will be a way around it soon.

I strongly advise that you always go for a factory unlocked device to avoid stress of inputing a chip.

Source: Factory unlocked, chip unlock, and worldwide unlock in UK used iPhones

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:43pm On Feb 04, 2023
Donwapz:
Buying a chip unlock iPhone is cool. The reason why it is referred as chip unlocked is due to the fact that network is locked to a particular carrier and it can work with another carrier without the use of a chip that will bypass the lock.

It's always way cheaper than the factory unlock, its always a good buy if you are on low budget but if you can afford a factory unlocked device, you can go for it.

Aside chip unlocked devices, there is also another set of iPhones that we refer to as worldwide unlocked. Worldwide unlocked iPhones are devices that are locked to a particular carrier but they have been cracked and they work with any carrier. Most sellers won't tell you about this, and you won't know until you flash the device. Once you flash the device, it will lock and turn to a chip unlocked device.

For the iPhone 14 series from USA that comes with eSIM, you cannot use chip, you can only use the device with WiFi, we are optimistic that there will be a way around it soon.

I strongly advise that you always go for a factory unlocked device to avoid stress of inputing a chip.

Source: Factory unlocked, chip unlock, and worldwide unlock in UK used iPhones

Can a brand new phone Iphone come in chip locked or unlocked.

I bought a new iphone 11 pro max 2 years ago, later I noticed my serial number started with F and someone told me it means refurbished.

But it's tear leather hope the refurbished has nothing to do with chip. Tho I have been using it excellently well for two years now

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wow! this new Glo data plan will amaze you / How Do I Deactivate Call Barring Frm Etisalat Sim? / Apple iPhone 12 Series officially unveiled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.