Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,283 members, 7,780,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:34 PM

Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) (54418 Views)

12-Year-Old Student Impregnated By Katsina Vice Principal Puts To Bed / UNN Graduate Puts Up Bsc, NYSC Certificates For Sale Over Lack Of Job / My Experience Teaching In Zaria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by stephenduru: 6:56pm On Sep 16, 2019
As shared by Suleiman.....

'A few weeks back I found these two kids hawking Mazarkwaila (sugar cake sort of) on the street of Kofan Doka in Zaria. Looking at their ages, I had to park and walked to the other lane in order to catch up with them, as I was driving on the opposite lane. I stopped them and requested to know their area of residence, name of their parents and their own names.

They were able to answer all the questions satisfactorily except the first question. They were able to give the name of their area of residence without giving a hint on how to locate their house, as they are too young to do that. I further asked how much is the value of the whole Mazarkwaila being carried by the boy (as depicted in the photo below), surprizingly the value was 2500 naira only. I nearly shed tears looking at the money vis-a-vis the risk they were being exposed to. I gave them 3000 naira and told them to go back home.

Thereafter, I placed a phone call to someone I know that lives in the same area with them and told him that I will send some photos to his watsapp and that he should help me locate the parents of those kids.

Happily the man (Audun Durimi) called back a day after to say that he was able to locate them. He sent the phone number of their father to me. I called the father and put some reasonable words regarding the ills of street hawking on children and he completely agreed with my submission. I asked him why are his children not going to school, he said he had to remove them because of his economic situation. I requested for his permission to enrol them, he outrighly accepted.

I am happy to inform you that, today I enrolled Aisha and Isah into the ZEDA model schools. It is a new school that will start operation tomorrow Monday. Aisha and Isah will be part of the pioneer students of this school established by the Zaria Education Development Authority. Their mother is the one standing first from right. May Allah bless these kids, may Allah see them through. I am so happy today. Alhamdullilah'

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2019/09/see-what-man-did-for-2-kids-hawking.html?m=1

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by TRIGITIS: 7:01pm On Sep 16, 2019
May God reward you abundantly.

203 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by DonBenny77(m): 7:01pm On Sep 16, 2019
So nice

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by Olanipekun1: 7:02pm On Sep 16, 2019
TRIGITIS:
.Buhari is causing hardship in the country

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by Oluwasaeon(m): 7:02pm On Sep 16, 2019
Sugarcane bawo

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by TRIGITIS: 7:03pm On Sep 16, 2019
cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by Olanipekun1: 7:04pm On Sep 16, 2019
[s]
TRIGITIS:

Really?

But Igbos are bloody fools, are you aware?
[/s]

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by Olanipekun1: 7:07pm On Sep 16, 2019
tor
and the man think they value that school?

if he turn back now they'll back to the street doing their normal thing

education is almost free in the North yet they're the least educated in the country.

They prefer shoe shining Mai suya mai gworo and burukutu to education
afterall who needs education when affidavit is just N500

141 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by TRIGITIS: 7:08pm On Sep 16, 2019
[s]
Olanipekun1:
tor
and the man think they value that school?

if he turn back now they'll back to the street doing their normal thing

education is almost free in the North yet they're the least educated in the country.

They prefer shoe shining Mai suya mai gworo and burukutu to education
afterall who needs education when affidavit is just N500
[/s]
Stop writing off point.

36 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by Charleys: 7:09pm On Sep 16, 2019
Nice one. Standing in front of a closed school holding books and taking pictures just for clout.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by Olanipekun1: 7:11pm On Sep 16, 2019
TRIGITIS:
[s]

Stop writing off point.
[/s]

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by crownwealth: 7:42pm On Sep 16, 2019
Buharin is a complete failure

3 Likes

Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by eTECTIV: 7:43pm On Sep 16, 2019
And den U posed for pictures with dem ryt? If U have to do a good deed as such, leave out d cameras... Dis is no longer a gud deed

12 Likes

Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by Nekky5(f): 8:11pm On Sep 16, 2019
May God reward you.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by tillaman(m): 8:22pm On Sep 16, 2019
God bless you and yours sir!!
One act of kindness can change the society we live in ! One man can change the world

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by slawomir: 8:22pm On Sep 16, 2019
Okay
Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 16, 2019
Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 16, 2019
God bless you. Zaria is a desaster when it comes to cases like this.
Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by adecz: 8:25pm On Sep 16, 2019
shocked sad

I know that primary school education is
free in all northern states, so, money for fees
isn't the issue .

It is a cultural thing & the family also
survive on the proceeds from this petty trades.

How many of these children can you remove
from the northern streets without changing
the long standing culture of lack of
interest in western education while
emphasizing almajiri system?

To me, this is a baseless gesture aimed at
attracting publicity & playing to the 'gallery '.
And, how will the
parent now survive without income from
the hawking?

Change the culture!!!

11 Likes

Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by realstars: 8:25pm On Sep 16, 2019
grin[i][/i]
Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by JubrinElSudan: 8:26pm On Sep 16, 2019
eTECTIV:
And den U posed for pictures with dem ryt? If U have to do a good deed as such, leave out d cameras... Dis is no longer a gud deed
It can spur others to do same

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by Blessed13(m): 8:26pm On Sep 16, 2019
More grease to your elbows
Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by ugolinze123(m): 8:26pm On Sep 16, 2019
thought "they" don't believe in western education...just thinking out loud.. I no call anybody name oo

1 Like

Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by Neddstark: 8:26pm On Sep 16, 2019
eTECTIV:

Well good deeds like these actually encourage others to do same sometimes.

13 Likes

Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by ImmaculateJOE(m): 8:27pm On Sep 16, 2019
Misplaced priority

2 Likes

Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by ImmaculateJOE(m): 8:28pm On Sep 16, 2019
Olanipekun1:
[s][/s]

It's 200 naira in my state
Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by blackboy2star(m): 8:28pm On Sep 16, 2019
Coconut now sugarcane, what's going on here... Thank you unknown man, God bless you more.

3 Likes

Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by nicepoker101(m): 8:28pm On Sep 16, 2019
We have a lot of them scattered all over. South Africa here I come. grin

1 Like

Re: Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) by agbo2345(m): 8:28pm On Sep 16, 2019
May Almighty God enrich his pocket and make him happy throughout his life. Please introduce us to friends and families who may need our services

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures Of Canaanland And Covenant University's 15MW Gas Plant / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Direct Entry Admission / Falz And His Shenanigan Lamentations Against Nigerian Church Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.