Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Fire Extinguisher, Where Is The Right Place To Keep It In A Car? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fire Extinguisher, Where Is The Right Place To Keep It In A Car? (1300 Views)

5 Reasons Why You Must Have Fire Extinguisher In Your Car / This Video Tells How Important A Fire Extinguisher Is In Your Car / Types Of Vehicles And The Amount Of Fire Extinguisher(s) They Should Have – FRSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fire Extinguisher, Where Is The Right Place To Keep It In A Car? by uboma(m): 7:59pm On Sep 16, 2019
There are many car owners who keep their fire extinguishers in the trunk of their cars. Sometimes these fire extinguishers remain there for years and are only brought out when the authorities, FRSC/VIO ask to see them. Some fire extinguishers even get expired without the knowledge of the car owners.

Back to the subject line, are fire extinguishers better kept in the trunk or inside the car? In the event of car crash, the trunk may not open up immediately for one to get hold of the fire extinguisher to put off the fire if any.

Where do you keep your fire extinguisher? Where is the easy to reach place to keep it in a car?
Re: Fire Extinguisher, Where Is The Right Place To Keep It In A Car? by tempex88(m): 8:07pm On Sep 16, 2019
Under driver's seat for easy access

1 Like

Re: Fire Extinguisher, Where Is The Right Place To Keep It In A Car? by damdam995(m): 8:13pm On Sep 16, 2019
It should be under your seat sir.
Re: Fire Extinguisher, Where Is The Right Place To Keep It In A Car? by uboma(m): 8:17pm On Sep 16, 2019
tempex88:
Under driver's seat for easy access

damdam995:
It should be under your seat sir.

Thank you for the feedback. However it could be risky placing it under the driver's seat. What happens if it rolls to the other end and prevents one from stepping on the break pedals when it is necessary to avert some accident?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire Extinguisher, Where Is The Right Place To Keep It In A Car? by eTECTIV: 8:47pm On Sep 16, 2019
I like to kip it under d passenger's seat in front.... D most important position is anywhere dats handy becos of Road Safety
Re: Fire Extinguisher, Where Is The Right Place To Keep It In A Car? by EgunMogaji2: 5:33am On Sep 17, 2019
It depends on the particular vehicle but I’ll never place on the floor so that what happened in 2010 doesn’t reoccur.

In the 4Runner, it’s inside the storage space under the rear seat.

In the Liberio, it’s mounted on the C pillar near the engine bay in the back.
Re: Fire Extinguisher, Where Is The Right Place To Keep It In A Car? by uboma(m): 7:18am On Sep 17, 2019
EgunMogaji2:
It depends on the particular vehicle but I’ll never place on the floor so that what happened in 2010 doesn’t reoccur.

In the 4Runner, it’s inside the storage space is under the rear seat.

In the Liberio, it’s mounted on the C pillar near the engine bay in the back.

Welcome back Sir. I have missed your informative contributions here on Cartalk. I hope all is good with you.

Do you mind sharing with us what really happened in 2010 when you placed the fire extinguisher on the floor? What brand of car was it?

Good morning Sir

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire Extinguisher, Where Is The Right Place To Keep It In A Car? by EgunMogaji2: 8:12am On Sep 17, 2019
uboma:

Welcome back Sir. I have missed your informative contributions here on Cartalk. I hope all is good with you.

Do you mind sharing with us what really happened in 2010 when you placed the fire extinguisher on the floor? What brand of car was it?

Good morning Sir

Good morning Chief. I'm very good, I completed my move back to Nigeria early this year and am enjoying this our Next Level grin

In 2010 I was driving a friends restored classic car with modified pedals. We just finished lunch and bought some water bottles. One of the water bottles found its way under the brake. When I went to press the brake it jammed up. At the very last moment I managed to exert enough pressure that the bottle exploded. I shat my pants.

Since then nothing goes on the floor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire Extinguisher, Where Is The Right Place To Keep It In A Car? by uboma(m): 9:37am On Sep 17, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

Good morning Chief. I'm very good, I completed my move back to Nigeria early this year and am enjoying this our Next Level grin

In 2010 I was driving a friends restored classic car with modified pedals. We just finished lunch and bought some water bottles. One of the water bottles found its way under the brake. When I went to press the brake it jammed up. At the very last moment I managed to exert enough pressure that the bottle exploded. I shat my pants.

Since then nothing goes on the floor.

See me laughing out loud.

I have seen a video of a similar experience.

Thanks for sharing your first hand experience. I hope the naive car owners have learnt something from your story.

Welcome back to Nigeria. The next level is really getting worse by the day. You suppose get good shock absorbers.

Do you have plans to start an auto repair shop in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Fire Extinguisher, Where Is The Right Place To Keep It In A Car? by EgunMogaji2: 11:06am On Sep 17, 2019
uboma:

See me laughing out loud.

I have seen a video of a similar experience.

Thanks for sharing your first hand experience. I hope the naive car owners have learnt something from your story.

Welcome back to Nigeria. The next level is really getting worse by the day. You suppose get good shock absorbers.

Do you have plans to start an auto repair shop in Nigeria?

I’m taking my time surveying the business landscape. Zeniths ~12% interest rate on bonds makes doing biz in Nigeria unpalatable.

In the meantime I’m cataloguing all the amala joints in Ibadan grin
Re: Fire Extinguisher, Where Is The Right Place To Keep It In A Car? by uboma(m): 11:41am On Sep 17, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

I’m taking my time surveying the business landscape. Zeniths ~12% interest rate on bonds makes doing biz in Nigeria unpalatable.

Hmmm! The government has indeed failed to create the enabling environment for businesses to thrive.

I heard that Ibadan is the home of Amala. Is this still true?

All the best in your future endeavours.

1 Like

Re: Fire Extinguisher, Where Is The Right Place To Keep It In A Car? by BamBamK: 12:03pm On Sep 17, 2019
HEHEHEHHE

SO FAR SO GOOD, WHICH JOINT OFFERS THE BEST AMALA?

EgunMogaji2:

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

ATF For My Honda Pilot / Clean Toyota Camry For Sale / Toyota Highlander 2001 V6 Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.