Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

Father Paid Ransom To Kidnappers With Bitcoin In Abuja, Her Daughter Released - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Father Paid Ransom To Kidnappers With Bitcoin In Abuja, Her Daughter Released (33165 Views)

Family Paid Ransom For Abducted Al-Kadriyar Girls’ Release – Uncles / Police, Army, DSS Arrested Kidnappers With Military Uniforms In Plateau State / 3 ABU students: Police lied, they weren't rescued.....we paid ransom in full (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Paid Ransom To Kidnappers With Bitcoin In Abuja, Her Daughter Released by Mayorwer: 8:49am On Sep 17, 2019
daddytime:
What if this is a case of a loyal gf helping to fleece her rich dad just to upgrade and boost her lovers economy?

Just thinking out loud....not in anyway trivializing the heinous crime of kidnapping for a ransom though

Never say never
This is exactly what I was thinking, how did those guys know that the father has so much money like that in bitcoin? What makes them think that the father knows anything about bitcoin? Let police drill the girl for a while ..who knows maybe she is behind it.

3 Likes

Re: Father Paid Ransom To Kidnappers With Bitcoin In Abuja, Her Daughter Released by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 17, 2019
2shure:
1 btc is abt 9k
So 15k is almost 2btc
They are yahoo guys

Things are about to get real ugly. Let the boys hustle the greedy white foreigners, una say NO ,give them better environment to meet up with world standard legit hustle, NO, now EFCC dey collabo with FBI dey trace boys with Google & facebook acct leakage the devil in them is only responding back.. They think those boys are stupid? Una dey thief for the top legit so that una go dey oppress, dictate and control our lives.. It's just a simple game of Who is a better thief

Round 1 just began cool

I don't support, encourage or believe in crime.
#Saynotocrime

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Father Paid Ransom To Kidnappers With Bitcoin In Abuja, Her Daughter Released by wink2015(m): 8:50am On Sep 17, 2019
joseph6071:
A Twitter user has shared on his page that a lady who resides in Abuja was released by her abductors after her father settled them using his Bitcoin.

According to him, her father paid a sum of $15,000 in Bitcoin ransom. Miss Aishat Umar Ardo who was the victim of the kidnap called her father to pick her up at 4th Avenue at Gwarimpa, Abuja where they dropped her.

Source: www.musictori.com/2019/09/kidnapped-woman-in-abuja-released-as.html

cc: lalasticlala, mynd44

The use of bitcoins to collect ransom for kidnapping is another new dimension in Nigeria.

I read of kidnappers who collect gallons of palm oil, yams and other food items.

THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SHOULD AMEND THE CONSTITUTION TO ENABLE STATES IN NIGERIA SET UP THEIR OWN STATE POLICE.

I do not subscribe to the fact that state government should be overstretching their finances donating motor cycle, vans to the federal police.

They should use their money to establish their own police force to tackle local crime.

There is not wrong in local government having their own police force at the grassroot.

1 Like

Re: Father Paid Ransom To Kidnappers With Bitcoin In Abuja, Her Daughter Released by livinbygrace: 8:52am On Sep 17, 2019
2shure:
1 btc is abt 9k
So 15k is almost 2btc
They are yahoo guys

Good morning ,Na now your eye just open?
Re: Father Paid Ransom To Kidnappers With Bitcoin In Abuja, Her Daughter Released by Ezeego1(m): 8:52am On Sep 17, 2019
Mayorwer:
This is exactly what I was thinking, how did those guys know that the father has so much money like that in bitcoin? What makes them think that the father knows anything about bitcoin? Let police drill the girl for a while ..who knows maybe she is behind it.

The man can source for bitcoin and transfer it to the their ID, anybody can buy bitcoin including you.

2 Likes

Re: Father Paid Ransom To Kidnappers With Bitcoin In Abuja, Her Daughter Released by Mayorwer: 8:52am On Sep 17, 2019
I resides in Abuja I can tell you that those guys are Yahoo guys .they got info that the father is bitcoin trader ...many politicians lodge their money in bitcoin. no more cash banking because of trace...

2 Likes

Re: Father Paid Ransom To Kidnappers With Bitcoin In Abuja, Her Daughter Released by Rubicon67(m): 8:54am On Sep 17, 2019
Nooneonline:
Look on the bright side. We Nigerians endeavour to be the best at anything we do. We tend to break records while competing with the best or the worst. We cant help it, e dey awa DNA

I don't know what is bright on issues relating to criminal enterprises.

If your creativity or endeavour doesn't add value or benefit to humanity, then it is nothing to be celebrated.

Would you look at the bright side if you have to pay ransom for the freedom of a kidnapped loved one?
Re: Father Paid Ransom To Kidnappers With Bitcoin In Abuja, Her Daughter Released by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 17, 2019
ARMAGEDDON
Re: Father Paid Ransom To Kidnappers With Bitcoin In Abuja, Her Daughter Released by JimohMomoh: 8:58am On Sep 17, 2019
Joshmodest:
Imagine what kidnappers are doing ...they are advancing technologically , while our police are still welding guns, and closing by 6 for security reasons !!
Nigerian criminals are just too smart for the set of dumb heads we have as security men ...
All they know how to do , is to balance account of bribes collected and drink beer !

Don't generalize bro, the EFCC and SARs has some personel that knows about cryptocurrencies. Arrest has been made on bitcoin escrow groups who scammed people. The major challenge is you must spend money before these guys will work for you.
Most of these scammers and kidnappers leave traces online/offline that can be traced. But just like I said earlier our security apparatus only works when you are ready to spend money or the person involved is a politician that has money.
Some people pay the ransom because they are afraid that if they report to police the kidnappers will kill the victim.

1 Like

Re: Father Paid Ransom To Kidnappers With Bitcoin In Abuja, Her Daughter Released by JimohMomoh: 9:08am On Sep 17, 2019
Royalfurnitures:

Can the illiterate herdsmen and bandits do that

Every ethnic group with it's own modus operandi, bandits and kidnappers along abuja-kaduna and kaduna-zaria expresswasys collects cash, but the ones inside abuja town are more advanced, they collect dollars and cryptocurrencies depending on the leader of the gang.

2 Likes

Re: Father Paid Ransom To Kidnappers With Bitcoin In Abuja, Her Daughter Released by Afiahomes(m): 9:12am On Sep 17, 2019
The transaction can still be traced with the help of FBI

Say no to Kidnapping angry
Re: Father Paid Ransom To Kidnappers With Bitcoin In Abuja, Her Daughter Released by Afiahomes(m): 9:17am On Sep 17, 2019
naijadrivablog:
This is a new twist. No trace..shocked shocked

May God save us.
M laughing at you grin grin
Re: Father Paid Ransom To Kidnappers With Bitcoin In Abuja, Her Daughter Released by Bryan88(m): 9:18am On Sep 17, 2019
2shure:
1 btc is abt 9k
So 15k is almost 2btc
They are yahoo guys
i swear...those niggas just made like 135.000.000 in naira... shocked
Re: Father Paid Ransom To Kidnappers With Bitcoin In Abuja, Her Daughter Released by Nooneonline(m): 9:19am On Sep 17, 2019
Rubicon67:

I don't know what is bright on issues relating to criminal enterprises.

If your creativity or endeavour doesn't add value or benefit to humanity, then it is nothing to be celebrated.

Would you look at the bright side if you have to pay ransom for the freedom of a kidnapped loved one?

don't get me wrong. I am not supporting the criminal activities rather, I'm wowed by way these unscrupulous elements carry out their activities these days. But u never know which part of humanity they are helping. I'm sure they will pay tithes, patronise oloshos and spend in clubs. They will most likely help their friends and families. All join for helping humanity na. Just think am

1 Like

Re: Father Paid Ransom To Kidnappers With Bitcoin In Abuja, Her Daughter Released by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 17, 2019
daddytime:
What if this is a case of a loyal gf helping to fleece her rich dad just to upgrade and boost her lovers economy?

Just thinking out loud....not in anyway trivializing the heinous crime of kidnapping for a ransom though

Never say never

My thought too
Re: Father Paid Ransom To Kidnappers With Bitcoin In Abuja, Her Daughter Released by Godsplan115: 9:27am On Sep 17, 2019
2shure:
1 btc is abt 9k
So 15k is almost 2btc
They are yahoo guys
some will think this 9k in naira.. Add the $
Re: Father Paid Ransom To Kidnappers With Bitcoin In Abuja, Her Daughter Released by Vikynas: 9:31am On Sep 17, 2019
I love Nigeria our youths are no longer lazy they keep advancing Day by Day next is cashless withdrawal by kidnappers
Re: Father Paid Ransom To Kidnappers With Bitcoin In Abuja, Her Daughter Released by TOTO4cash6(f): 9:33am On Sep 17, 2019
grin grin grin
Re: Father Paid Ransom To Kidnappers With Bitcoin In Abuja, Her Daughter Released by Hedonisco: 9:34am On Sep 17, 2019
Trust the incompetent Buhari government. They would soon 'ban' bitcoin, and dispatch their worthless SARS goons to go after anyone caught trading in bitcoin.
Re: Father Paid Ransom To Kidnappers With Bitcoin In Abuja, Her Daughter Released by panpan(m): 9:35am On Sep 17, 2019
Kelvin30286063:
Now that's the real deal. Let me see how EFCC will trace that one now. grin
EFCC may not have any interest here. Since it is a case of kidnapping, they would say it is for the police to handle.

Besides, EFCC appears to be more interested in financial crime that affects foreigners, than financial crime that affects Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Father Paid Ransom To Kidnappers With Bitcoin In Abuja, Her Daughter Released by Hedonisco: 9:40am On Sep 17, 2019
dairykidd:

Things are about to get real ugly. Let the boys hustle the greedy white foreigners, una say NO ,give them better environment to meet up with world standard legit hustle, NO, now EFCC dey collabo with FBI dey trace boys with Google & facebook acct leakage the devil in them is only responding back.. They think those boys are stupid? Una dey thief for the top legit so that una go dey oppress, dictate and control our lives.. It's just a simple game of Who is a better thief

Round 1 just began cool

I don't support, encourage or believe in crime.
#Saynotocrime

We're coming to that very soon. Nigerians would learn how to embrace the lesser evil and let sleeping dogs lie. But they would learn this lesson too late, and at a very great cost.

1 Like

Re: Father Paid Ransom To Kidnappers With Bitcoin In Abuja, Her Daughter Released by Quaddafi29: 9:43am On Sep 17, 2019
Unemployed and smart guys are negatively employing their skills since the government has elected to be lost. There is no justifying crime but some people are pushed to the wall. If arrested, they should be made to face the full wrath of the law though, but who prosecutes a government that is totally inept?
Re: Father Paid Ransom To Kidnappers With Bitcoin In Abuja, Her Daughter Released by foster212: 9:43am On Sep 17, 2019
Vikynas:
I love Nigeria our youths are no longer lazy they keep advancing Day by Day next is cashless withdrawal by kidnappers
So the cryptocureency no be cashless?
Re: Father Paid Ransom To Kidnappers With Bitcoin In Abuja, Her Daughter Released by foster212: 9:45am On Sep 17, 2019
nabegibeg:

Bit what ...

Kidnappers have gone global

I repeat Kidnappers have gone global
Global or digital?
Re: Father Paid Ransom To Kidnappers With Bitcoin In Abuja, Her Daughter Released by stagger: 9:47am On Sep 17, 2019
naijadrivablog:
This is a new twist. No trace..shocked shocked

May God save us.

No, most exchanges require KYC to move that amount in BTC.
Re: Father Paid Ransom To Kidnappers With Bitcoin In Abuja, Her Daughter Released by kaffyadeakeem(f): 9:50am On Sep 17, 2019
This is an insider job
Drill the girl she knows something
Re: Father Paid Ransom To Kidnappers With Bitcoin In Abuja, Her Daughter Released by olaxm: 10:00am On Sep 17, 2019
It a lie for those who are saying bitcoin is untraceable. Bitcoin transaction wallet address can be trace thru KYC and transaction can also be trace thru hash# for public view. We see daily how billion of dollars are trace thru Blockchain hash# and we have company that reveal them. So if you're having the mind that BTC is untraceable you better change it. Unless the wallet doesn't have KYC requirements cause most of exchange required for that nowadays.

1 Like

Re: Father Paid Ransom To Kidnappers With Bitcoin In Abuja, Her Daughter Released by emae009(m): 10:03am On Sep 17, 2019
2shure:
1 btc is abt 9k
So 15k is almost 2btc
They are yahoo guys

which bitcoin is 9k... is it nairacoin?
Re: Father Paid Ransom To Kidnappers With Bitcoin In Abuja, Her Daughter Released by coolh3ad(m): 10:04am On Sep 17, 2019
Bryan88:
i swear...those niggas just made like 135.000.000 in naira... shocked

How come Bros?...
Re: Father Paid Ransom To Kidnappers With Bitcoin In Abuja, Her Daughter Released by mercyvivv(f): 10:08am On Sep 17, 2019
Untraceable. Disappearing into thin air.

Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and other resource. Check my signature for details.
Re: Father Paid Ransom To Kidnappers With Bitcoin In Abuja, Her Daughter Released by Osobi32(m): 10:09am On Sep 17, 2019
It is finished

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Parents Give Out 14-Year-Old Daughter To Man Who Brutally Raped Her In Abuja / Eze Kanu Ikenolu: Unknown Gunmen Burn Down Imo Monarch’s Palace / Police Arrest Manufacturer Of Fake Wines, Whiskeys In Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.