Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,367 members, 7,808,282 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

The Male Ego: What Is It? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Male Ego: What Is It? (18590 Views)

Which Part Of The Male Body Attracts Females? / We Recovered The Male Victim On Top Of Female Colleague - FUTO Hostel Mates / What Do Females Like On The Male Body As Much As Guys Like Nyansh? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Male Ego: What Is It? by Magnoliaa(f): 5:20am On Sep 17, 2019
"Never hurt a man's ego."

"The male ego is the most fragile thing ... ."

"Never belittle a man, insult him, or make him feel less of a man . . ."

"Be submissive, not seek to be domineering and flaunting your achievements, wealth . . . ."

"Never raise your voice/hand back at/on him."

" 'Cover him up, and don't expose his weaknesses, to men, people.' "

"Learn to understand his mood, what ticks him off and try to avoid doing them."

"Men are like babies, wants to be pampered and learning to tend to their ego, nurturing it is key to unlocking their best selves."

"A man wants to be in the lead, be first, provide, and do all for a woman."

"Something in him seeks to do, to be needed, and not be led . . ."

So many things has been said it, described and told to women to heed, take note of. An undefined, complex, and obscure thing that everybody refers to and pass comment about.

What is it exactly?

Is it (something) in a man? And how does it affect his behavior, in every area of his life? Or It's just a general thing, common to males and females, but the male's has been misrepresented? Changed into what it is not?

Is it psychological, an entirely different 'make' of ego compared to a female's, or it is exclusive to men alone?

If there's something like that, could it be because of culture (societal expectations and gender roles), resulting in a particular mentality: one of taking up responsibilities, desiring to lead, being compelled to sacrifice, etc, for a woman?

What do you think of it?
What do you understand about it?
What's the male ego?

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Male Ego: What Is It? by Magnoliaa(f): 5:26am On Sep 17, 2019
illitrate:
Excuse me Ma, May I nyash you?

What does that mean? And that's your reply to the OP abi?

11 Likes

Re: The Male Ego: What Is It? by blazepascal(m): 6:10am On Sep 17, 2019
I hope you practice what you preach

3 Likes

Re: The Male Ego: What Is It? by Amatarasha(f): 6:35am On Sep 17, 2019
illitrate:
Excuse me Ma, May I nyash you?
Thats the ill ego she talks , Go grab some lives

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Male Ego: What Is It? by Magnoliaa(f): 12:58pm On Sep 19, 2019
blazepascal:
I hope you practice what you preach

Pardon?? undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Male Ego: What Is It? by LilMissFavvy(f): 4:39pm On Sep 19, 2019
cheesy..... So funny. The men are showing a good display of.......
Re: The Male Ego: What Is It? by Baller93(m): 5:30pm On Sep 19, 2019
Mtchewwwww..
LilMissFavvy:

1 Like

Re: The Male Ego: What Is It? by AstroG: 5:52pm On Sep 19, 2019
Both the Topic and the Contents of the thread are INCONCLUSIVE

I have nothing to say angry angry

34 Likes

Re: The Male Ego: What Is It? by Magnoliaa(f): 12:23am On Sep 20, 2019
LilMissFavvy:

Of........? cheesy
Re: The Male Ego: What Is It? by Magnoliaa(f): 12:26am On Sep 20, 2019
AstroG:
Both the Topic and the Contents of the thread are INCONCLUSIVE

I have nothing to say angry angry

LOL. That's the point. I didn't make any conclusion. I was not stating things I know to be true, I wasn't 'adopting' any views. Just questions that I was hoping will be discussed.

So, like, really you don't have anything to say, even using my questions to form your thoughts?

9 Likes

Re: The Male Ego: What Is It? by AstroG: 12:28am On Sep 20, 2019
Magnoliaa:

LOL. That's the point. I didn't make any conclusion. I was not stating things I know to be true, I wasn't 'adopting' any views. Just questions that I was hoping will be discussed.

So what's your point??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Male Ego: What Is It? by Magnoliaa(f): 12:30am On Sep 20, 2019
AstroG:

So what's your point??

sighsss... Contributions. Opinions. Views. Or findings. Stances tendered...?

11 Likes

Re: The Male Ego: What Is It? by AstroG: 12:43am On Sep 20, 2019
Magnoliaa:

sighsss... Contributions. Opinions. Views. Or findings. Stances tendered...?

Okay

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Male Ego: What Is It? by LilMissFavvy(f): 1:05pm On Sep 20, 2019
You wrote to support the men, only for it to backfire. Be wiser next time.
Magnoliaa:

Of........? cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Male Ego: What Is It? by AstroG: 1:13pm On Sep 20, 2019
LilMissFavvy:

I thought you were smart,intelligent and enlightened but ah can now see that the reverse is the case undecided undecided

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Male Ego: What Is It? by LilMissFavvy(f): 1:29pm On Sep 20, 2019
You dick-brained vacuous buffon.......Bastard undecided.......I hate giving you attention because I hate childish fools who interact with memes. When you are ready to manage a sane debate without the use of pictures.....let me know.
AstroG:

I thought you were smart,intelligent and enlightened but ah can now see that the reverse is the case undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Male Ego: What Is It? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 20, 2019
The male ego is driven by recognition, attention, and action. Men are assumed to be more active beings who do important things (such as political leaders, soldiers, scientists, etc.) and who are deserving of attention by others. In this vision of the male ego, men are driven by their physical strength, sex drive, and evolutionary biology as competitors for female attention to be competitive, to strive for greatness and power, and to avoid showing any emotion and weakness. For example, in most Nigeria communities, the male gender role is typically understood and described in active as opposed to passive terms. Men are courageous, strong, competitive, independent, and stable (in contrast, women are passive, emotional, weak, and more socially-oriented). To give another example, men in many communities in Nigeria are expected to avoid showing emotion. Remember the old saying "boys don't cry?" Instead, men are supposed to be macho and strong in the face of personal challenges, such as loss, grief, and sadness

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Male Ego: What Is It? by Pascopele: 1:45pm On Sep 20, 2019
In my opinion, "the male ego" determines the degree of power a man perceives and believes himself to possess. If he has a strong ego--he sees himself as strong and powerful. Conversely, if he has a weak ego, he sees himself as weak and powerless.

I have learned that there are Five Basic Needs all males must have continuously "reinforced" in order to feel powerful:

1) the need to be recognized as a special person.
2) the need to "travel light" without feeling a loss of personal freedom.
3) the need for loyalty from others.
4) the need to be close emotionally with satisfying sexual unions.
5) the need to work successfully-- since the male's personal identity is directly tied to the occupation he chooses for himself.

I learned about these basic needs through long years of reading, observation, education, experience, trial and error. And I've noticed many examples of widely spread social problems resulting from weak male egos.

I was enlightened by a very astute and honest male friend who told me during an internet chat one evening that all men measure themselves through the eyes, smiles, and words of the women they know and/or love. He said, "We are what you believe us to be. Men are made by women."

And, interestingly, after learning these simple truths about the male ego's basic needs, it occurred to me that I had these same needs, too. I discovered that "the ego" is gender neutral and directly attributed to one's self-image as a strong or weak person. Males and females are different in many ways biologically--but the same in mind and soul. That old cliché, "What's good for the gander is good for the goose" is very true, in my 66 years of human experience.

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Male Ego: What Is It? by Magnoliaa(f): 9:49pm On Sep 21, 2019
LilMissFavvy:

No, I didn't. What gave you that impression?

1 Like

Re: The Male Ego: What Is It? by Magnoliaa(f): 4:45am On Sep 26, 2019
LillyVal:
The male ego is driven by recognition, attention, and action. Men are assumed to be more active beings who do important things (such as political leaders, soldiers, scientists, etc.) and who are deserving of attention by others. In this vision of the male ego, men are driven by their physical strength, sex drive, and evolutionary biology as competitors for female attention to be competitive, to strive for greatness and power, and to avoid showing any emotion and weakness. For example, in most Nigeria communities, the male gender role is typically understood and described in active as opposed to passive terms. Men are courageous, strong, competitive, independent, and stable (in contrast, women are passive, emotional, weak, and more socially-oriented). To give another example, men in many communities in Nigeria are expected to avoid showing emotion. Remember the old saying "boys don't cry?" Instead, men are supposed to be macho and strong in the face of personal challenges, such as loss, grief, and sadness

So it all comes down to how they've been raised and taught?

2 Likes

Re: The Male Ego: What Is It? by Magnoliaa(f): 4:50am On Sep 26, 2019
Pascopele:
In my opinion, "the male ego" determines the degree of power a man perceives and believes himself to possess. If he has a strong ego--he sees himself as strong and powerful. Conversely, if he has a weak ego, he sees himself as weak and powerless.

I have learned that there are Five Basic Needs all males must have continuously "reinforced" in order to feel powerful:

1) the need to be recognized as a special person.
2) the need to "travel light" without feeling a loss of personal freedom.
3) the need for loyalty from others.
4) the need to be close emotionally with satisfying sexual unions.
5) the need to work successfully-- since the male's personal identity is directly tied to the occupation he chooses for himself.

I learned about these basic needs through long years of reading, observation, education, experience, trial and error. And I've noticed many examples of widely spread social problems resulting from weak male egos.

I was enlightened by a very astute and honest male friend who told me during an internet chat one evening that all men measure themselves through the eyes, smiles, and words of the women they know and/or love. He said, "We are what you believe us to be. Men are made by women."

And, interestingly, after learning these simple truths about the male ego's basic needs, it occurred to me that I had these same needs, too. I discovered that "the ego" is gender neutral and directly attributed to one's self-image as a strong or weak person. Males and females are different in many ways biologically--but the same in mind and soul. That old cliché, "What's good for the gander is good for the goose" is very true, in my 66 years of human experience.

This is interesting and enlightening...

Thank you for sharing.

12 Likes

Re: The Male Ego: What Is It? by Sierusvirus(m): 8:52am On Sep 26, 2019
I thought they said women are more matured in mind but each time i see question they ask, it keeps me wondering where this egoistic mentality of theirs will lead them, preferably their grave I think.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Male Ego: What Is It? by CharlesJok3r: 7:45pm On Sep 26, 2019
Never hurt a man ego, but always play with it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Male Ego: What Is It? by Asowebdesign: 7:46pm On Sep 26, 2019
Gbam
Re: The Male Ego: What Is It? by friendlyadvice: 7:46pm On Sep 26, 2019
Magnoliaa:

What's the male ego?
Ask your father

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Male Ego: What Is It? by Idsoft: 7:46pm On Sep 26, 2019
Nothing like male ego, a male is a male and behaves like a male.
Even other male animals have same xteristics

12 Likes

Re: The Male Ego: What Is It? by Kendumazy(m): 7:47pm On Sep 26, 2019
Hmmmm. Lemme learn.

1 Like

Re: The Male Ego: What Is It? by enshi(m): 7:47pm On Sep 26, 2019
Pls op are you single
Re: The Male Ego: What Is It? by Pavore9: 7:48pm On Sep 26, 2019
Hmm...reading comments.

1 Like

Re: The Male Ego: What Is It? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 7:48pm On Sep 26, 2019
One word :
Testosterone

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can You Leave Your Phone Unlocked With Your Partner? / He Ended Up Having Sex With Two Blood Sisters. Advice Him On What To Do / See The Kind Of Sexy Picture A Female Nairalander Sent To Me (18+)pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.