Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,764 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

Common Beard Myths Demystified - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Common Beard Myths Demystified (14990 Views)

My Aunt Grows Beard Like A Man, Is It A Health Condition? / 'beard Gang Can Give You A Vaginal Infection' - Nigerian Doctor Claims / Growing Trend Of Young Men With White Beard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Common Beard Myths Demystified by jayextra(m): 8:55am On Sep 17, 2019
grin I've not grown a strand of beard @19...do I need to be bothered?
Re: Common Beard Myths Demystified by Ishilove: 8:56am On Sep 17, 2019
kingreign:

Yes o. I decided to ditch low cut and no more two steps hair cut, decided its time to join the beards gang. Its been 3-4months now.
A pic?
Re: Common Beard Myths Demystified by Ishilove: 8:57am On Sep 17, 2019
jayextra:
Use crayfish and spirit. I hear it works wonders grin
Re: Common Beard Myths Demystified by kingreign(m): 8:58am On Sep 17, 2019
Ishilove:

A pic?
Will send it in WhatsApp. wink
Re: Common Beard Myths Demystified by kingreign(m): 8:58am On Sep 17, 2019
Ishilove:

A pic?
Will send it in WhatsApp. wink
Re: Common Beard Myths Demystified by Legitn(m): 8:59am On Sep 17, 2019
Abeg who beard help? Imagine that guy in the first picture above eat okoro soup yawa Don cast be that as a matter of fact I hate beard and yet I still got beard
I wonder why those who pray for beard don't get it and someone like me who don't need it still got it?
Re: Common Beard Myths Demystified by jayextra(m): 9:02am On Sep 17, 2019
Ishilove:
Use crayfish and spirit. I hear it works wonders grin
grin grin grin I'd rather be an Emoji
Re: Common Beard Myths Demystified by jayextra(m): 9:03am On Sep 17, 2019
Legitn:
Abeg who beard help? Imagine that guy in the first picture above eat okoro soup yawa Don cast be that as a matter of fact I hate beard and yet I still got beard
I wonder why those who pray for beard don't get it and someone like me who don't need it still got it?
Na so life be grin
Re: Common Beard Myths Demystified by Legitn(m): 9:07am On Sep 17, 2019
jayextra:
Na so life be grin

Na soo ohh my broda
Re: Common Beard Myths Demystified by NACE13: 9:26am On Sep 17, 2019
That feeling when you place your palm on your chin and you feel the hair.....priceless.
Having beards gives you that bad boy and tough look. Back then in school I was the jewest of all Jews but my height and beards made me look kinda fierce. I was fronted only once and it was at night. Now man has to look 'presentable' in order to attract clients/buyers.

1 Like

Re: Common Beard Myths Demystified by seanwilliam(m): 9:55am On Sep 17, 2019
life is unfair o, why am i beardless?
Re: Common Beard Myths Demystified by meobizy(f): 10:38am On Sep 17, 2019
These sort of topics reveal the average Nairaland user. Anyway, since I’m of the hairy-chinned variety let me drop a comment: is it only James Harden that’s a black guy with a full beard? Wtf!
Re: Common Beard Myths Demystified by kingxsamz(m): 11:13am On Sep 17, 2019
nabegibeg:

Use your beards collect money from bank

This is a very senseless and childish statement...
I don't know why children like you like to equate beards with money...what has money got to do with having beards?
Having beards is just one of those things people do to look good, same as wearing nice cloths, or working out to look fit and healthy, or the same way you go to the barber shop to get a nice haircut.
It is only senseless Nigerians who are supposed to be minding their business that goes around to criticize people who make an effort to look good.
Ask your self whether someone can't grow beards and have money...
I for call u mumu, but you've made it obvious to others already.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Common Beard Myths Demystified by JayPeeOham: 11:41am On Sep 17, 2019
What about the myth say if you rub "Igbo" for your jaw u go get beards in 3hrs....... grin
Re: Common Beard Myths Demystified by encryptjay(m): 12:03pm On Sep 17, 2019
kingxsamz:

This is a very senseless and childish statement...
I don't know why children like you like to equate beards with money...what has money got to do with having beards?
Having beards is just one of those things people do to look good, same as wearing nice cloths, or working out to look fit and healthy, or the same way you go to the barber shop to get a nice haircut.
It is only senseless Nigerians who are supposed to be minding their business that goes around to criticize people who make an effort to look good.
Ask your self whether someone can't grow beards and have money...
I for call u mumu, but you've made it obvious to others already.
You shouldn't have replied the kid.
Re: Common Beard Myths Demystified by deturla: 1:23pm On Sep 17, 2019
jayextra:

No you don't.
Re: Common Beard Myths Demystified by jayextra(m): 1:26pm On Sep 17, 2019
deturla:

No you don't.
Okay,thanks. I'll do that lerra...busy at the moment
Re: Common Beard Myths Demystified by CapedBaldy: 1:50pm On Sep 17, 2019
jayextra:
we're the same age and I have a little goatie that goes unders my chin, some patches of hair on my cheeks, and my side burns are starting to connect with the goatie. and the hairs started coming out @13
Re: Common Beard Myths Demystified by Angelfrost(m): 2:08pm On Sep 17, 2019
Naijaguy123:
grin
[img]https://i./8CZt.gif[/img]

That's quite gross, unsightly, and terribly disgusting... An eyesore of unspeakable proportions!!! embarassed
Re: Common Beard Myths Demystified by Me23(m): 4:24pm On Sep 17, 2019
What about for people with bald head grin

Cus right now am in pain sad, I just want my bald hair to vanish cry cry cry
Re: Common Beard Myths Demystified by jayextra(m): 6:14pm On Sep 17, 2019
CapedBaldy:

we're the same age and I have a little goatie that goes unders my chin, some patches of hair on my cheeks, and my side burns are starting to connect with the goatie. and the hairs started coming out @13
grin Enjoy bruh

even had to ask PopsMan,His grew in his teenage years too....so ayon know wah went wrong smiley

1 Like

Re: Common Beard Myths Demystified by jayextra(m): 8:35pm On Sep 17, 2019
deturla:

No you don't.
Email address?
Re: Common Beard Myths Demystified by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 11:30pm On Sep 17, 2019
who asked you? gorrila
0KNM:
My beards not itchy... to get a full beards takes me less than a month. Maybe 2-3 weeks and they fully back. Haha. I hate it tho

I had my beards for 6 months and all my face was hair cheesy cheesy cheesy

I’m back to normal tho
Re: Common Beard Myths Demystified by Timsilver(m): 11:34pm On Sep 17, 2019
NACE13:
That feeling when you place your palm on your chin and you feel the hair.....priceless.
Having beards gives you that bad boy and tough look. Back then in school I was the jewest of all Jews but my height and beards made me look kinda fierce. I was fronted only once and it was at night. Now man has to look 'presentable' in order to attract clients/buyers.

Can you drop your mail?
Re: Common Beard Myths Demystified by NACE13: 5:24am On Sep 18, 2019
Timsilver:

Can you drop your mail?

I remember you sent me a mail but I couldn't find any content in it when I opened it.

Hope you don't mind but why are you asking for my mail?
Re: Common Beard Myths Demystified by Nobody: 6:31am On Sep 18, 2019
ladyGKilaBCrueD:
who asked you? gorrila
Gerrout, monkey
Re: Common Beard Myths Demystified by Timsilver(m): 11:18pm On Sep 21, 2019
NACE13:

I remember you sent me a mail but I couldn't find any content in it when I opened it.

Hope you don't mind but why are you asking for my mail?

I wanted to make some enquiries from you on the powerbank building. I'll send you a mail again. All you have to do is reply it and we could communicate from there on.
Re: Common Beard Myths Demystified by Focusmind: 4:38am On Sep 22, 2019
Me23:

If you are bald, then beard will be good for you. People with bald head looks good on beards if the bald hair is clean shaven.
Re: Common Beard Myths Demystified by kingreign(m): 9:47am On Sep 22, 2019
Me23:

Team baldhead grin
Crape everything off and grow beards instead grin
Re: Common Beard Myths Demystified by kloverneon(m): 12:06am On Nov 14, 2020
MyBeardGang:
Here's what we discussed...

He asked, “Hey, Bro! You've grown up to this age, why haven't you grown beards yet, what's the problem?

I answered, “that's something I don't really understand myself...

...what could be the trick behind growing beards? Is it that complicated? Well, I'll follow this up to that.”

He replied saying, “while someone is looking for the tricks for fast beard growth, that person can come across false and incorrect myths.”

*Clicks the pause button*

To proceed, let's disclose to you those myths you would always hear of in your quest to grow beards.

Note that, to demystify these myths, you have to opt-in for the right information about growing beards; else you would only wallow in ignorance despite being educated.

Let's look into some of these myths. Ready? Let's delve in.

1. Your Beards Will Itch Always

If you hear these words from anyone, refuse to believe it because it's false information. Yes, the beard may itch, but the itching does go beyond the early growth stages. Usually, the itching doesn't last for more than a month. After a month, you may still experience itchy beards, but this time caused by beards hair that's too coarse or dry skin.

With proper grooming, you can get rid of such itching. That's the reason why purchasing products such as beard oil or the beard cream is highly essential. Beard oil plays the role of supporting the skin's production of natural oil called sebum. It ensures that the skin and your whiskers are properly hydrated all the time.

A moisturized beard doesn't know what itching is all about. So, while you may observe itching in your beard, note that it doesn't always itch and will not itch if you properly care for it.

2. Shaving Your Beards Would Make it Much

It's a complete NO for this one. Have you been curious about growing beards? Then, you must have come across this particular myth that demands that you shave the whole of your beards for a thicker one to grow. In other words, start all over, and you'll see thicker beards grow.

But, the appropriate thing to say about is nothing but these three words, “forget about it.”

Dermatologists, doctors and beard gurus all have openly debunked this myth in many ways, and here is the real bottom line: shaving only ensures that your beard hair looks thicker. Why?

You should know that your beard follicles are naturally tampered right at the end. When you shave them, you are cutting the thin shaft and exposing the hair's thick part near the skin. All parts of your beards grow at the same rate.

3. You Won't Be Able To Get A Job

Having a beard doesn't disqualify you from getting a job. In today's work environment, there are quite a lot of bearded men, so that makes this one a myth, too. True, some jobs are more friendly for those with beards than for those without beards. Some corporate jobs may have strict guidelines as regards to facial hair.

But, above all, many companies look out for skills and not physical appearance. What speaks louder is your resume. Keep this in mind: before going for a job interview, ensure that your beards are professionally trimmed and shaped.

Make sure that you're looking sharp - from your clothes down to your shoes, and also your haircut.

4. You'll Have A Full Beards In A Week (Or Two)

Back to the growth-phase and that notion which depicts that the beard of every man grows at a completely different rate. Yes, you may think that's a myth, too — but it isn't really one of the myths. We all know of a person who grows beards in a short time — maybe, immediately after shaving. For most men, growing a complete beard takes about two to three months, at least one which is fully developed.

In growing beards, one of the things you should adopt — if you don't have it — is patience. And make sure you stay on course. Doing these will give you your desired result in a short time.

5. A Beard Makes You Look Unattractive

Saying beards look unattractive show that you've ignored the fact that many people actually do find beards a lot more attractive.

According to a study, women find security in guys with beards. They believe that guys with beards will be able to protect their children. And to add, they find guys with beards more attractive.

Now we've known about five of the myths you always hear, as long as getting the desired type of beards is concerned, let's move into telling you a few things you should do to help you demystify the myths listed above.

How to Demystify the Beard Myths

1. Stop Looking In The Mirror

With all the issue involved in growing beards, the more you stare at your beard in the mirror, the more you judge your goal around having a perfect beard. And hitting perfection with your beard is something that's out of your control. By always judging your beards, you're only discouraging and bringing yourself down. So, while you grow beards, don't look at the mirror.

2. Quit Picking At It

Yes, you have to pick at your beards for the morning grooming, and you can't control the urge to pick at your beards while being lost in deep thought or meditation — but you should still try your possible best to keep your hand away from your beards.

3. Clean It Up

It's said that a clean beard is also a fuller beard. Just like the hair on your head, if you keep it clean, it'll surely appear much fuller than if you allow it become wholly dried out or too oily. To achieve a decent beard, you can go for products such as a good beard wash and softener. They help to keep your beard clean without you torching it.

4. To speed up your beard growth, you need extra help

You may decide to speed up the rate at which your beard grows by either using a beard booster or a beard cream created specifically for fast growth.

Anything other than this, your beard would only grow at the expected rate which your body enables.

https://mybeardgang.com/beard-myths-and-how-to-demystify-them/

Hi guys, have heard a lot about not washing your beards every day. So what do you do on your face when taking your bath?

As in, hen taking your bath, does washing your beard while washing other part of your body count as washing your beard or does it refer to special treatments like using shampoo and stuff?

1 Like

Re: Common Beard Myths Demystified by denisa15: 2:33pm On Dec 05, 2020
MyBeardGang:
Here's what we discussed...

He asked, “Hey, Bro! You've grown up to this age, why haven't you grown beards yet, what's the problem?

I answered, “that's something I don't really understand myself...

...what could be the trick behind growing beards? Is it that complicated? Well, I'll follow this up to that.”

He replied saying, “while someone is looking for the tricks for fast beard growth, that person can come across false and incorrect myths.”

*Clicks the pause button*

To proceed, let's disclose to you those myths you would always hear of in your quest to grow beards.

Note that, to demystify these myths, you have to opt-in for the right information about growing beards; else you would only wallow in ignorance despite being educated.

Let's look into some of these myths. Ready? Let's delve in.

1. Your Beards Will Itch Always

If you hear these words from anyone, refuse to believe it because it's false information. Yes, the beard may itch, but the itching does go beyond the early growth stages. Usually, the itching doesn't last for more than a month. After a month, you may still experience itchy beards, but this time caused by beards hair that's too coarse or dry skin.

With proper grooming, you can get rid of such itching. That's the reason why purchasing products such as beard oil or the beard cream is highly essential. Beard oil plays the role of supporting the skin's production of natural oil called sebum. It ensures that the skin and your whiskers are properly hydrated all the time.

A moisturized beard doesn't know what itching is all about. So, while you may observe itching in your beard, note that it doesn't always itch and will not itch if you properly care for it.

2. Shaving Your Beards Would Make it Much

It's a complete NO for this one. Have you been curious about growing beards? Then, you must have come across this particular myth that demands that you shave the whole of your beards for a thicker one to grow. In other words, start all over, and you'll see thicker beards grow.

But, the appropriate thing to say about is nothing but these three words, “forget about it.”

Dermatologists, doctors and beard gurus all have openly debunked this myth in many ways, and here is the real bottom line: shaving only ensures that your beard hair looks thicker. Why?

You should know that your beard follicles are naturally tampered right at the end. When you shave them, you are cutting the thin shaft and exposing the hair's thick part near the skin. All parts of your beards grow at the same rate.

3. You Won't Be Able To Get A Job

Having a beard doesn't disqualify you from getting a job. In today's work environment, there are quite a lot of bearded men, so that makes this one a myth, too. True, some jobs are more friendly for those with beards than for those without beards. Some corporate jobs may have strict guidelines as regards to facial hair.

But, above all, many companies look out for skills and not physical appearance. What speaks louder is your resume. Keep this in mind: before going for a job interview, ensure that your beards are professionally trimmed and shaped.

Make sure that you're looking sharp - from your clothes down to your shoes, and also your haircut.

4. You'll Have A Full Beards In A Week (Or Two)

Back to the growth-phase and that notion which depicts that the beard of every man grows at a completely different rate. Yes, you may think that's a myth, too — but it isn't really one of the myths. We all know of a person who grows beards in a short time — maybe, immediately after shaving. For most men, growing a complete beard takes about two to three months, at least one which is fully developed.

In growing beards, one of the things you should adopt — if you don't have it — is patience. And make sure you stay on course. Doing these will give you your desired result in a short time.

5. A Beard Makes You Look Unattractive

Saying beards look unattractive show that you've ignored the fact that many people actually do find beards a lot more attractive.

According to a study, women find security in guys with beards. They believe that guys with beards will be able to protect their children. And to add, they find guys with beards more attractive.

Now we've known about five of the myths you always hear, as long as getting the desired type of beards is concerned, let's move into telling you a few things you should do to help you demystify the myths listed above.

How to Demystify the Beard Myths

1. Stop Looking In The Mirror

With all the issue involved in growing beards, the more you stare at your beard in the mirror, the more you judge your goal around having a perfect beard. And hitting perfection with your beard is something that's out of your control. By always judging your beards, you're only discouraging and bringing yourself down. So, while you grow beards, don't look at the mirror.

2. Quit Picking At It

Yes, you have to pick at your beards for the morning grooming, and you can't control the urge to pick at your beards while being lost in deep thought or meditation — but you should still try your possible best to keep your hand away from your beards.

3. Clean It Up

It's said that a clean beard is also a fuller beard. Just like the hair on your head, if you keep it clean, it'll surely appear much fuller than if you allow it become wholly dried out or too oily. To achieve a decent beard, you can go for products such as a good beard wash and softener. They help to keep your beard clean without you torching it.

4. To speed up your beard growth, you need extra help

You may decide to speed up the rate at which your beard grows by either using a beard booster or a beard cream created specifically for fast growth.

Anything other than this, your beard would only grow at the expected rate which your body enables.

https://mybeardgang.com/beard-myths-and-how-to-demystify-them/

That's quite the perfect post on everything related to beards. I had a great time reading it, really complete info.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Malt And Milk Give You Blood? Nigerian Doctor Explains / The Twin-Tragedy Of Nigerian Doctors' Strike And Mass Exodus / Itchy Nipples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.