Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

I Just Saw The Mark 666 Is Out At Last, Jehovah Is Great - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Just Saw The Mark 666 Is Out At Last, Jehovah Is Great (1769 Views)

Bible Says That Yahweh (jehovah) Is Devil / How To Overcome The Beast And Its Mark-666 / Jehovah Is Brutally Wicked, He Has No Mercy ! Do Not Open If U Have Hypertension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Saw The Mark 666 Is Out At Last, Jehovah Is Great by segoye2(m): 9:39pm On May 17, 2007
False prophet draws Latinos into an unholy faith
Wednesday, March 14, 2007

There is a Latino who calls himself God. Jose Luis de Jesus Miranda says he is Jesus Christ, while at the same time proclaiming he is the Antichrist.

He is also apostle Pablo reincarnated, Miranda says, and has the apocalyptic number of the beast 666 tattooed on his body.

Miranda is the leader of a church he calls Growing in Grace, which is headquartered in Miami.

Pay off

Media sources say Miranda has around 80,000 followers in several countries. By his own account and other sources, Miranda has amassed several million dollars.

In a recent interview for La Comay, a Puerto Rican TV show, Miranda stated he has received numerous expensive gifts, which have not given him trouble with the Internal Revenue Service as these gifts are nontaxable.

Last week, the newspaper El Tiempo in Bogota, Colombia, reported that Miranda has churches in 23 of the 32 states in that country.

The same article reported that one of the church members, Alvaro Albarracin of Miami, donated 20 percent of his earnings to Miranda's church after he sold his Internet business, Dialtone, for more than $16 million in 2001.

Luz Fuentes, another Growing in Grace member, acknowledges giving the church 50 percent of her mortgage company's income.

Fuentes even honors Miranda in her company's name, Apos Mortgage, as Apos -- for apostle -- is one of Miranda's many nicknames. According to El Tiempo, Miranda's followers also call him papi and dios, and at the same time flood him with gifts.

Church members show their commitment to the church by tattooing their bodies with 666 or SSS (the first letter in six). They are very proud of carrying this seal, they say.

On the attack

Miranda's followers have caused many disturbances, even attacking Catholic marches and religious gatherings of other denominations, according to Jorge Raschke, pastor of the Pentecostal church in Puerto Rico.

Raschke challenged Miranda to a televised theological debate to "publicly show (he is) an impostor manipulating followers to lavishly enrich (himself)," he said on La Comay. At first, Miranda did not accept the challenge and argued that Raschke would "be beat beforehand, as he is not prepared to debate God." Finally, Miranda accepted, but it is still not known if the debate will take place.

The controversy was first made public on La Comay.

In modern history, several characters have declared themselves illuminated and ended up taking their followers to a tragic end. David Koresh, for example, called himself the Messiah. He had been expelled from the Seventh Day Adventist Church and joined the Branch Davidians religious sect founded by Victor Houteff.

Koresh joined the Davidians' headquarters at a Waco, Texas, ranch, and, ultimately, amid horrifying scenes and clashes with authorities, led more than 80 of his followers to their deaths.

A similar case was Marshall Applewhite, a former music teacher known as "father John." His gospel declared an apocalyptic end for humanity.

Certainly, since father John was allegedly invested with divinity, he had the solution to save his followers from such a devastating future. The only solution was to go aboard a space- ship, just like Noah's Ark, that would take the chosen -- father John's followers -- to heavenly domains.

In March 1997, the comet Hale-Bopp came close to Earth. Father John said the celestial phenomenon was a divine sign and convinced 39 people (21 women and 18 men) to commit suicide. He promised a spaceship would come behind the comet, collect their bodies and take them to paradise.

Similar cases occurred in ancient times. In Egypt, there was a very well-known story of a "man who played god." Artisan Ptahemheb, led by his lust for wealth, power and recognition, convinced a few people that he was God. It is because of those who believed his lies that he became a semi-god.

There is no doubt all cultures have had false idols. However, it surely seems that Latin Americans are quite susceptible to manipulation based on faith. Perhaps it is a religious zeal that springs from Latin America's geography and gets mixed with rich mythology and a variety of legends.

Charlatans abound

The Latino soil is fertile not only for apocryphal and false idols, but witches, populist politicians, spurious leaders and all kinds of charlatans.

Millions have abandoned faith and genuine religiosity to put their destiny in the hands of con artists.

One of the secrets of prosperous peoples is they know how to identify authentic leaders and true prophets.

Those without that capacity wander as a flock of docile lambs behind a wolf in sheep's clothing.
Re: I Just Saw The Mark 666 Is Out At Last, Jehovah Is Great by naijacutee(f): 2:53am On May 18, 2007
It's just part of the beginning of the end. . .

5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8All these are the beginning of sorrows.

24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. (Matthew 24)

Re: I Just Saw The Mark 666 Is Out At Last, Jehovah Is Great by thesilent1(m): 7:55am On May 18, 2007
and i thought the "reverend" was the only one with the church of the new millenium? grin
Re: I Just Saw The Mark 666 Is Out At Last, Jehovah Is Great by jeshua(m): 1:58pm On May 18, 2007
segoye2:

False prophet draws Latinos into an unholy faith
Wednesday, March 14, 2007

There is a Latino who calls himself God. Jose Luis de Jesus Miranda says he is Jesus Christ, while at the same time proclaiming he is the Antichrist.

He is also apostle Pablo reincarnated, Miranda says, and has the apocalyptic number of the beast 666 tattooed on his body.

Miranda is the leader of a church he calls Growing in Grace, which is headquartered in Miami.

Pay off

Media sources say Miranda has around 80,000 followers in several countries. By his own account and other sources, Miranda has amassed several million dollars.

In a recent interview for La Comay, a Puerto Rican TV show, Miranda stated he has received numerous expensive gifts, which have not given him trouble with the Internal Revenue Service as these gifts are nontaxable.

Last week, the newspaper El Tiempo in Bogota, Colombia, reported that Miranda has churches in 23 of the 32 states in that country.

The same article reported that one of the church members, Alvaro Albarracin of Miami, donated 20 percent of his earnings to Miranda's church after he sold his Internet business, Dialtone, for more than $16 million in 2001.

Luz Fuentes, another Growing in Grace member, acknowledges giving the church 50 percent of her mortgage company's income.

Fuentes even honors Miranda in her company's name, Apos Mortgage, as Apos -- for apostle -- is one of Miranda's many nicknames. According to El Tiempo, Miranda's followers also call him papi and dios, and at the same time flood him with gifts.

Church members show their commitment to the church by tattooing their bodies with 666 or SSS (the first letter in six). They are very proud of carrying this seal, they say.

On the attack

Miranda's followers have caused many disturbances, even attacking Catholic marches and religious gatherings of other denominations, according to Jorge Raschke, pastor of the Pentecostal church in Puerto Rico.

Raschke challenged Miranda to a televised theological debate to "publicly show (he is) an impostor manipulating followers to lavishly enrich (himself)," he said on La Comay. At first, Miranda did not accept the challenge and argued that Raschke would "be beat beforehand, as he is not prepared to debate God." Finally, Miranda accepted, but it is still not known if the debate will take place.

The controversy was first made public on La Comay.

In modern history, several characters have declared themselves illuminated and ended up taking their followers to a tragic end. David Koresh, for example, called himself the Messiah. He had been expelled from the Seventh Day Adventist Church and joined the Branch Davidians religious sect founded by Victor Houteff.

Koresh joined the Davidians' headquarters at a Waco, Texas, ranch, and, ultimately, amid horrifying scenes and clashes with authorities, led more than 80 of his followers to their deaths.

A similar case was Marshall Applewhite, a former music teacher known as "father John." His gospel declared an apocalyptic end for humanity.

Certainly, since father John was allegedly invested with divinity, he had the solution to save his followers from such a devastating future. The only solution was to go aboard a space- ship, just like Noah's Ark, that would take the chosen -- father John's followers -- to heavenly domains.

In March 1997, the comet Hale-Bopp came close to Earth. Father John said the celestial phenomenon was a divine sign and convinced 39 people (21 women and 18 men) to commit suicide. He promised a spaceship would come behind the comet, collect their bodies and take them to paradise.

Similar cases occurred in ancient times. In Egypt, there was a very well-known story of a "man who played god." Artisan Ptahemheb, led by his lust for wealth, power and recognition, convinced a few people that he was God. It is because of those who believed his lies that he became a semi-god.

There is no doubt all cultures have had false idols. However, it surely seems that Latin Americans are quite susceptible to manipulation based on faith. Perhaps it is a religious zeal that springs from Latin America's geography and gets mixed with rich mythology and a variety of legends.

Charlatans abound

The Latino soil is fertile not only for apocryphal and false idols, but witches, populist politicians, spurious leaders and all kinds of charlatans.

Millions have abandoned faith and genuine religiosity to put their destiny in the hands of con artists.

One of the secrets of prosperous peoples is they know how to identify authentic leaders and true prophets.

Those without that capacity wander as a flock of docile lambs behind a wolf in sheep's clothing.

whatevr you have seen my brother is not what is expected. the devil is too develop come out in the open before his time. Those people are just crazy poeple looking for cheap popularity. when it comes, it will be difficult to know it has happened because the world will be ignorant of it.
Do you know that a little child just got missing in Portugal some weeks ago and a Parent in the U.k. suggested having a micro chip under the skin of kids to track them anytime- that has been developed but not yet in use-that is what you should expect.
It is no joy to be around when the number is in use-so my firend don't shout for joy over it(Re: I Just Saw The Mark 666 Is Out At Last, Jehovah Is Great). the mark doesnt show the Greatness of God its the Death, burila and ressurection of Christ Jesus that makes God great because it is the only and the last time the fullness of Gods love was revealed to man. love in christ
Re: I Just Saw The Mark 666 Is Out At Last, Jehovah Is Great by thesilent1(m): 3:38pm On May 18, 2007
i am sure i saw a news article about a US IT company who already have these chips in their staff?
but then again, i have to say i have no idea what the "mark" will physically be.

Peace
Re: I Just Saw The Mark 666 Is Out At Last, Jehovah Is Great by TV01(m): 4:08pm On May 18, 2007
segoye2:

Unlike say, the scripture searching, theologically erudite Nigerians Please!
Re: I Just Saw The Mark 666 Is Out At Last, Jehovah Is Great by jeshua(m): 4:09pm On May 18, 2007
I have no interest in knowing how it will be physically becos i want no part init. I have studied interpretations for abour Six years and i dont want to dabble into anything like that
Re: I Just Saw The Mark 666 Is Out At Last, Jehovah Is Great by TellyB(m): 4:45pm On May 18, 2007
Aha!! cheesy TV01, how are you?? Saw you on another Forum, and was wondering if it was not you!! How far??
Re: I Just Saw The Mark 666 Is Out At Last, Jehovah Is Great by TV01(m): 5:53pm On May 18, 2007
Aha!!    TV01, how are you?? Saw you on another Forum, and was wondering if it was not you!! How far??

I'm well thanks. I guess that would be "Yomi Says?". I really only post here and there. I just read other sites.

I've come to a point in my walk where I question how, when and why I post. I still follow but I'm not sure if I'll be engaging for some time if at all. I was just astonished at the sheer jingoism in the statement I quoted. Of course I apologise if the poster was 1. not Nigerian, 2. hails from a land where such does not exist lipsrsealed.

Now, pray tell, who did you used to be? I thought I recognised the style, even chanced a guess at the person, but I don't recall ever discussing with a "Telly B"

God bless
TV01
Re: I Just Saw The Mark 666 Is Out At Last, Jehovah Is Great by TellyB(m): 6:05pm On May 18, 2007
@TV01,

Lol. Yep, it's the "Yomi Says" Forum. I haven't posted anything there yet; just reading through issues.

I stumbled across this Forum while searching the web for something to spice up a paper I was writing. But I think 'Yomi Says' is ripe enough for me to register my presence there.

Cheers and God bless.

Yep. . . you recognized the "style" - but I'm not yet on 'Yomi Says'. wink
Re: I Just Saw The Mark 666 Is Out At Last, Jehovah Is Great by BritishAirways: 7:51am On Aug 01, 2021
2007 post grin this is 2021.
What mark are you seeing now
Re: I Just Saw The Mark 666 Is Out At Last, Jehovah Is Great by DropsMic(m): 8:27am On Aug 01, 2021
Many are mad..

(1) (Reply)

Good Bye To Religion :'( / Feeling Alone – Connected / Spiritualism, Black Magic And All That Jazz.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.