Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,043 members, 7,807,132 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Lenovo K5 Pro Review - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Lenovo K5 Pro Review (7924 Views)

Pix!!brand New,lenovo K5 Pro,global Rom,6gb Ram,64gb Rom, With Gifts For 48k / Lenovo K5 Pro 6gb 128gb Available / Why Nobody Is Talking About Lenovo K5 Pro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lenovo K5 Pro Review by michaellovaldo(m): 11:34am On Oct 27, 2019
naijasensei:

Damn, that Adriano is going to be very nasty with that his wicked left foot, before we get to Ronaldo and Messi torturing defenders from the wings.
I call them RAM
They bully any defence grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lenovo K5 Pro Review by michaellovaldo(m): 11:37am On Oct 27, 2019
Mustiboy:

My team may not be as strong as yours, but if I handle you.

I didn't even play PES 2019 at all. Guess I just got caught up with playing on PC. My PC just got spoilt, and I'm using this to pass time.

This is my old account since Pes 2018, I was able to recover my login, and my team is exactly the I way I left it in PES 2028
grin grin
Imma give u 3 goals ahead sef grin
Re: Lenovo K5 Pro Review by naijasensei: 1:02pm On Oct 27, 2019
michaellovaldo:

I call them RAM
They bully any defence grin grin

grin grin cheesy
Re: Lenovo K5 Pro Review by naijasensei: 1:08pm On Oct 27, 2019
Mustiboy:

My team may not be as strong as yours, but if I handle you.

I didn't even play PES 2019 at all. Guess I just got caught up with playing on PC. My PC just got spoilt, and I'm using this to pass time.

This is my old account since Pes 2018, I was able to recover my login, and my team is exactly the I way I left it in PES 2028

This type of team is called "underestimate at your own peril", there are so many underrated players in this your team, the type that would have beaten someone before you know what's going on.
Re: Lenovo K5 Pro Review by naijasensei: 1:10pm On Oct 27, 2019
phessyphemzzy:
so nobody wanna sell used lenovo k5 pro ........pained

You are in for a long wait. I am having so much fun with mine, the only thing that can make me sell mine is if I want to upgrade to something better, probably a Z6 Lite or a Z6 pro.
Re: Lenovo K5 Pro Review by horlahwaley(m): 1:16pm On Oct 27, 2019
naijasensei:

Wow, that's cool. Have you noticed any issues with the Havoc GSI(Generic System Image) ROM; like RAM management, and the camera app? Also, have you tried other GSI ROMs? And finally, what date is your Android Security Patch displaying?
it is pretty stable after many fixes but there are few bugs like DT2W, charging led indicator, but it is smoother than stock roms. Also lenovo has release zui 11 based on android 9 in china.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lenovo K5 Pro Review by horlahwaley(m): 1:19pm On Oct 27, 2019
Here is a telegram group unoficial for tweaks, gsi roms and stuffs.

1 Like

Re: Lenovo K5 Pro Review by naijasensei: 2:22pm On Oct 27, 2019
horlahwaley:
it is pretty stable after many fixes but there are few bugs like DT2W, charging led indicator, but it is smoother than stock roms. Also lenovo has release zui 11 based on android 9 in china.

horlahwaley:
Here is a telegram group unoficial for tweaks, gsi roms and stuffs.

Thanks. I have heard about ZUI 11, flashing it requires jumping through some hoops, and I learnt that it has very aggressive RAM management. ZUI 11 is also still a beta release.
Re: Lenovo K5 Pro Review by horlahwaley(m): 2:47pm On Oct 27, 2019
naijasensei:

Thanks. I have heard about ZUI 11, flashing it requires jumping through some hoops, and I learnt that it has very aggressive RAM management. ZUI 11 is also still a beta release.
yes you are right, i tried a version of the zui 11 the other time. It was designed specifically for the chinese cos whatsapp, gmail, telegram do not give out notification sounds and led. Other than that very smooth.

1 Like

Re: Lenovo K5 Pro Review by KB007: 10:35pm On Oct 27, 2019
If you're using the z6 lite, I would love a firsthand review. I wish to get one soon

CharlesJok3r:
Lenovo is so underrated. I guess we ain't paying attention to them all this while.
Their pricing is just too reasonable and on point.
Hard to believe the Lenovo Z6 lite is selling for 60k with that kind of specs
Re: Lenovo K5 Pro Review by Nice202: 7:28am On Nov 13, 2019
KB007:
If you're using the z6 lite, I would love a firsthand review. I wish to get one soon

the phone is dope
camera
performance
battery
all na A1

1 Like

Re: Lenovo K5 Pro Review by cutiedave(m): 1:31pm On Nov 22, 2019
noobody:
super value,instant pick up deals,
Brand new,global version,sealed in the box,lenovo k5 pro,6gb ram/64gb rom,(black)motorola logo version:48k firm!

Snapdragon 636,
Dual real camera
Front selfie flash
4k mah battery

Call/whatsapp:07051054953,08100115319

Location:lagos state,can we waybilled any where in the world

Cheers
Afternoon bro....how has been your experience with the k5 pro..am seriously considering ordering it...
Pls can u post pictures of the phone
Re: Lenovo K5 Pro Review by cutiedave(m): 3:48pm On Nov 25, 2019
Just got the lenovo k5 pro for a friend...but it came without the Motorola logo at the back...please is this safe...coz am seriously considering changing it on his behalf...
Cc...ityP
Re: Lenovo K5 Pro Review by ityP(m): 4:48pm On Nov 25, 2019
cutiedave:
Just got the lenovo k5 pro for a friend...but it came without the Motorola logo at the back...please is this safe...coz am seriously considering changing it on his behalf...
Cc...ityP

It's the global ROM
Re: Lenovo K5 Pro Review by cutiedave(m): 4:49pm On Nov 25, 2019
ityP:

It's the global ROM
Should i be worried??
Re: Lenovo K5 Pro Review by ityP(m): 4:50pm On Nov 25, 2019
cutiedave:
Cc...ityP

Just don't attempt flashing ROMs and you'd be fine.
Re: Lenovo K5 Pro Review by cutiedave(m): 5:45pm On Nov 25, 2019
ityP:

Just don't attempt flashing ROMs and you'd be fine.
OK bro..the phone is really nice tho
Pls how were u able to get transparent pouch and screen guard for this phne
Re: Lenovo K5 Pro Review by ityP(m): 7:07pm On Nov 25, 2019
cutiedave:

OK bro..the phone is really nice tho
Pls how were u able to get transparent pouch and screen guard for this phne

I ordered from aliexpress.
Re: Lenovo K5 Pro Review by OVA200(m): 8:29pm On Jan 07, 2020
ityP:
The Lenovo K5 pro is what i call an all-rounder. Personally it meets all my needs of a smartphone. I'd be discussing the pros and cons of the device(may not be my cons tho).

Pros.
1. I love the design of this phone. It's light weight and thin, at least compared to the hammer i was used to.
2. The screen is another thing that makes me go gaga. It's crisp and beautiful. The feel too is unique. I really can't tell why. You'd have to use the phone yourself to experience the uniqueness. It doesn't come with the modern water drop notch though, it's outdated somewhat, but i prefer it to notches or full screen with motorised front cam. Google pixel 4 share my sentiments.
3. Stereo speakers: yeah, both the top and bottom produces sound. The top speaker volume is low though, which makes the stereo speaker thing somewhat of a gimmick. But it's better than one speaker alone. At least, when i block the bottom speaker while playing PES 2019, the top produces some sound. And i like that.
4. Speed/Performance: Well, it comes with the Snapdragon 636 CPU. Expect stellar performance.
5. Multi-tasking: My version comes with 6/64GB of RAM and internal storage respectively. And considering the almost stock android nature of the ZUi on this phone, multitasking is awesome. I open several apps without any closing. It's actually a multitasking king.
6. Gaming: What do you expect from a Snapdragon 636; 6/64GB phone in terms of gaming? Nothing but the best, right? Lenovo K5 pro gat you. I play PES 2019 on High settings; 60fps, and i have never experienced any lag at all. Game is too smooth sef. And unlike most devices that get flaming hot when gaming on high settings, this phone behaves as though there is an AC inbuilt. You will never complain of overheating on this device.
7. Camera: There are two cameras on the front + flash and two cameras on the back + flash. In good lighting conditions, the pics would wow you, especially when you consider the price of the phone. Lowlight isn't great but not bad. The bokeh mode on both the front and back cameras is so good, on par with or even better than what the Redmi Note 7 would give you. I absolutely love it.
8. Battery life: Isn't this what virtually everyone wants in a mobile device? Good battery life! The lenovo k5 pro issa battery beast. It's only 4050mah battery capacity, but i tell you, it is not your regular 4000 mah o. Zui battery optimisation is epic. Expect 8-9 SOT on very heavy usage. It's surprising, especially when you consider how slim and light the phone is.
9. USB type-C: Thankfully, it doesn't come with Micro USB port. That means, faster charging and faster transfer speeds. And yes, it charges very fast, in less than 2 hours, your beastly battery is full.

Cons.
1. It is stuck on Android 8 Oreo. So if you need an Android pie device, this is not a device for you.
2. No updates: unlike Xiaomi phones that push out updates for their devices regularly, Lenovo K5 pro has never pushed an update that i know of. But personally, i feel, if a phone performs absolutely well, updates are unnecessary (my opinion though).
3. It's a basic phone, features wise. so if you love things such as, Scrolling screenshot, dual space, etc, this phone isn't for you. I like stock android feel more (some argue it's restrictive, and i agree, just that i prefer such)
4. You know how developers are quick to develop custom ROMs, gcam port, etc on Xiaomi phones, you won't experience such with the Lenovo K5 pro. So you will have to manage the "boringness" of stock android feel.

In summary, if you're not a Xiaomi(Miui) fan boy, and you just want a very well constructed phone, close to stock android, that fulfills your basic needs (speed, performance, battery, camera), then this phone is for you.
If not, I'd def recommend Redmi 7 or if you can up your budget, Redmi Note 7.
BTW, i got the phone for 45k from the ever trustworthy, Noobody. You can get yours too, or anyone other device from him. It would be worth your while.
Abeg does ZUI have theme store and can one change the font
Re: Lenovo K5 Pro Review by naijasensei: 9:20am On Jan 11, 2020
OVA200:

Abeg does ZUI have theme store and can one change the font

No, to both questions. An alternative option for installing themes and fonts, use a launcher. Examples are Smart Launcher, Poco Launcher, Nova Launcher, etc.

1 Like

Re: Lenovo K5 Pro Review by OVA200(m): 4:06pm On Jan 11, 2020
naijasensei:

No, to both questions. An alternative option for installing themes and fonts, use a launcher. Examples are Smart Launcher, Poco Launcher, Nova Launcher, etc.
Too bad then I guess I will have to stick with Xiaomi.

1 Like

Re: Lenovo K5 Pro Review by ityP(m): 7:32pm On Jan 11, 2020
OVA200:
Too bad then I guess I will have to stick with Xiaomi.

If you love customizations and support, Xiaomi is your best bet. I'm not into those, hence my love for Lenovo. My next device would be Realme though. I love their camera output.

1 Like

Re: Lenovo K5 Pro Review by Mizik(m): 3:22pm On Feb 12, 2020
Brand new Lenovo Z5s Snapdragon 710 6GB 64GB global rom..
Black
Price is 53k firm
Location is lagos but can be waybilled anywhere...
Contact me on 07016854740 or click on this link to chat me up https:///2347016854740

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lenovo K5 Pro Review by horlahwaley(m): 5:55pm On Feb 28, 2020
Lenovo k5 pro for sale.
Carton, charger and receipt available.

1 Like

Re: Lenovo K5 Pro Review by michaellovaldo(m): 9:22pm On Feb 28, 2020
horlahwaley:
Lenovo k5 pro for sale.
Carton, charger and receipt available.

Price?

1 Like

Re: Lenovo K5 Pro Review by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 07, 2020
Ordered mine yesterday... Didn't know k5 pro had this much fans...
Re: Lenovo K5 Pro Review by cutiedave(m): 6:37pm On Nov 12, 2020
Pls, who has a battery replacement for this phone?
I currently need it..
Thanks
Re: Lenovo K5 Pro Review by ityP(m): 10:59pm On Nov 17, 2020
My phone screen don go. Who has idea who fit get the screen?
Re: Lenovo K5 Pro Review by ityP(m): 10:59pm On Nov 17, 2020
Fadioz2020:
Ordered mine yesterday... Didn't know k5 pro had this much fans...

It's a nice phone. How much did you order and from where?
Re: Lenovo K5 Pro Review by cutiedave(m): 1:42am On Nov 18, 2020
ityP:
My phone screen don go. Who has idea who fit get the screen?
aliexprees is your only option o...

i just received mine last week...bt damaged my battery while trying to remove the damaged screen
Re: Lenovo K5 Pro Review by Nobody: 5:16am On Nov 18, 2020
ityP:

It's a nice phone. How much did you order and from where?
45k from jumia... awesome phone except for the camera... anyway I've never used the camera, I'm not a picture person...
Re: Lenovo K5 Pro Review by ityP(m): 6:45am On Nov 18, 2020
Fadioz2020:
45k from jumia... awesome phone except for the camera... anyway I've never used the camera, I'm not a picture person...

True. Camera isn't that bad sha. Enjoy your device bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Latest OS 9900 V7.1.0.2061 / 7.1.0.714 (multilanguage) / Who Saw This Just Now On Nairaland FP / How Often Do You Restart Your Blackberry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.