Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,502 members, 7,781,530 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:21 PM

Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 (45494 Views)

Banks Induce Customers On Conversion Of Dollar Deposits To Naira / ₦50 Stamp Duty On Bank Deposits & Transfers Are Illegal - FHC Asaba / CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 by stanech: 10:14pm On Sep 17, 2019
Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020
The charges will attract three per cent processing fees for withdrawals and two per cent processing fees for lodgments of amounts above N500,000 for individual accounts.

Starting from September 18, 2019, Nigerians operating bank accounts will begin to pay charges for deposits and withdrawals.

Making the announcement on Tuesday, the Central Bank of Nigeria said that the nationwide implementation of the cashless policy will begin by March 2020.

The apex bank said that implementation of the policy would signal the imposition of charges on deposits in addition to already existing charges on withdrawals.

According to the circular, the charges will attract three per cent processing fees for withdrawals and two per cent processing fees for lodgments of amounts above N500,000 for individual accounts.

For corporate accounts, the apex bank in the circular said that DMBs would charge five per cent processing fee for withdrawals and three per cent for lodgments of amounts above N3m.

The statement, however, disclosed that the charge on deposits would apply in Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Abia, Anambra, and Rivers states as well as the Federal Capital Territory.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/09/17/nigerians-start-paying-bank-deposits-2020

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 by mrvitalis(m): 10:16pm On Sep 17, 2019
This is luxury tax no one should complain

It would affect me very much but i believe in taxing

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 by stanech: 10:19pm On Sep 17, 2019
mrvitalis:

You are kidding right?

273 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 by leke12(m): 10:24pm On Sep 17, 2019
call or whatsap

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 by Akorede02(m): 10:28pm On Sep 17, 2019
Baba God let there be no Nigeria again next life. We will soon be paying for breathing. Useless government

306 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 by stanech: 10:28pm On Sep 17, 2019
Akorede02:
Baba God let there be no Nigeria again next life. We will soon be paying for breathing. Useless government

Really sad

109 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 by mrvitalis(m): 10:31pm On Sep 17, 2019
stanech:

You are kidding right?
Im not ....if we must grow people must learn to pay tax

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 by mployer(m): 10:33pm On Sep 17, 2019
mrvitalis:

It's not luxury tax.

It's policy implementation tax, aimed at encouraging cashless transactions.

People really need to stop moving bundles of cash around.

99 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 by Femich18(m): 10:34pm On Sep 17, 2019
Tax on deposit? Wow!
This is really Pathetic.

mployer:

It's not luxury tax.

Aim at encouraging cashless transactions? This Govt is not getting their policy right. same Government planning to impose extra VAT on online purchases. You discourage them in one and encourage it another policy. Who does that?
That is confusion to me

270 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 by daddytime(m): 10:36pm On Sep 17, 2019
Lol

Na by force to go bank?

Wetin happen to under bed?

Forget omila...dem dey fear face

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 by Abfinest007(m): 10:37pm On Sep 17, 2019
I have said it many times as the grey hair in buhari's anus that this government is very useless instead of them to think of better way to generate fund they are thinking on how to meek the masses

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 by Nobody: 10:45pm On Sep 17, 2019
Cashless when the internet backbone that will power it is still acting WillieWillie, okay naaa.

Na eye we dey look for this contiri oooo, let them continue raping us.

I keep money for bank, money wey dem go still take do business, I go still pay bank for giving them my money to do business, Orait!!!!

One day they will wake up and meet empty contiri, everybody go don pack comot for night, maybe to Panya since South Africa dey kill us

136 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 by icebird25(m): 10:46pm On Sep 17, 2019
By then have already mapped out plan on how to be saving money by myself...should I even dig a well

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 by FarahAideed: 11:12pm On Sep 17, 2019
mrvitalis:

How will it affect you ? Do you have Marco Polo buses or do you have shop in Balogun

23 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 by Robisky001(m): 11:22pm On Sep 17, 2019
The Buhari government joy heaping Hardship on the masses with reckless abandon. Well, this is the through meaning of next level.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 by iluvdonjazzy: 12:21am On Sep 18, 2019
please how did I get to Nigeria self.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 by datasthmagirl(f): 1:40am On Sep 18, 2019
The problem with Nigeria is crudeness. Everything is forced and exploited. Whatever happens to INCENTIVES and mobilizations. May God have mercy on all of una.

mployer:

It's not luxury tax.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 by Base1line: 2:38am On Sep 18, 2019
Funny how people that studied literature will be foaming in the mouth over outstanding government economic policies.

Femich18:
Tax on deposit? Wow!
This is really Pathetic.

Aim at encouraging cashless transactions? This Govt is not getting their policy right. same Government planning to impose extra VAT on online purchases. You discourage them in one and encourage it another policy. Who does that?
That is confusion to me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 by Nobody: 2:44am On Sep 18, 2019
This has been on since in major states, it's just going nationwide now.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 by Nobody: 2:53am On Sep 18, 2019
Is that how you are going to revive the economy ?? With funny policies..

To catalyze growth, you must empower the private sector, not cripple them with increase in VAT and Tax on Deposits.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 by Samfloxin(m): 4:38am On Sep 18, 2019
Buharinomics policy... somebody should tell this man that we have been saving our money before oyibo brought banking for us here...let me go and dig my own bank.... samfloxin says so.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 by Switruth: 4:49am On Sep 18, 2019
mrvitalis:

. You believe in tax but the road from your house to the bank is deadly. Continue.

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 by oz4real83(m): 4:50am On Sep 18, 2019
mployer:

It's not luxury tax.

even if you do cashless transactions, they will still find a way to exploit you. They charge you VAT and bank charges for every cashless transaction you make. VAT increase to over 7% is already in place. Cashless or no cashless transaction, you can't escape it.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 by Flier: 5:01am On Sep 18, 2019
mrvitalis:

what do you sell? Because I am sure 97% of market women don’t make 2-3% on any product they sale
This government is just insensitive and stupid
Sometimes those market women make as little as #10 on #2500 naira carton of good and this is why they always run down if their husband isn’t supporting them financially

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 by SouthSouth1914: 5:01am On Sep 18, 2019
Let us all enjoy the change! A directionless government will always give directionless policies!

Impose increments of TAX and then this.. It’s appalling to realize that this government is anti people towards both PDP and APC supporters! This government is milking Nigerians and driving us to the edge..

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 by mfm04622: 5:01am On Sep 18, 2019
mrvitalis:

This is not a tax! Taxes goes to government. This is a service charge and will be retained by service providers (banks). The aim of this is to force citizens to use cashless options instead of cash.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 by superior1: 5:04am On Sep 18, 2019
I go go buy kolo....piggy-bank

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 by manga5: 5:05am On Sep 18, 2019
Base1line:
Funny how people that studied literature will be foaming in the mouth over outstanding government economic policies.

Mention one developed country that taxed its people on deposits? It is not done anywhere. If Government want to tax, fine. But tax should be done the right way and there should be accountabily.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 by mfm04622: 5:05am On Sep 18, 2019
oz4real83:
even if you do cashless transactions, they will still find a way to exploit you. They charge you VAT and bank charges for every cashless transaction you make. VAT increase to over 7% is already in place. Cashless or no cashless transaction, you can't escape it.

Services charges is only charged if you transact between two different banks. VAT is charged on service charges. Most of the time the service charge is 50 Naira! So VAT will be charged on that 50. Which is 2.5 Naira presently

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 by Next2Bezee(m): 5:07am On Sep 18, 2019
mrvitalis:

See the people that voted him in.

21 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The War Between GTBank And Innoson Motors Explained By Adeyanju Deji / Photos: Lagos Computer Village Razed By Fire / Jeff Bezos Overtakes Elon Musk As World Richest Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.