Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,479 members, 7,781,401 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:51 PM

'The Power Of God Can't Be Calculated By A Number': Kanye West Preaches Sermon - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 'The Power Of God Can't Be Calculated By A Number': Kanye West Preaches Sermon (241 Views)

8-year Old Fearlessly Preaches The Gospel On The Streets Of London (video) / Maraji Preaches Jesus On Salah Day, Sets Social Media On Fire / Muslims Storm Emir's Palace As Bishop Sam Zuga Preaches At The Palace In Lafia(p (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'The Power Of God Can't Be Calculated By A Number': Kanye West Preaches Sermon by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:40pm On Sep 17, 2019
'The Power of God Can’t Be Calculated By a Number': Kanye West Delivers Sermon to Packed Church in Atlanta
By Will Maule
September 16, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWK0qJiV8cA

Hip hop superstar Kanye West took his Sunday Service to Atlanta this weekend, performing several familiar rap songs, swapping out the original word with Gospel centric lyrics.

According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, West morphed Ginuwine's "So Anxious" into a worship track, as well as "Father Stretch my Hands" during an hours-long performance at New Birth Missionary Baptist Church.

During one song, where singers declared that "nothing is too hard for God," Kanye stopped and prayed to God, imploring the congregation, "all you ask is for radical obedience to you."

"I've seen him work miracles in my life," West added at another point in the service.

Kayne even gave a mini-sermon, during which he encouraged people to be bold in their faith.

"They be coming at me like, 'why are you so judgmental?' Well, it ain't for me to judge but I'm gonna say what I see," Kanye said. "That's another thing that the Devil says.. 'why are you speaking up so much?'"

"I'm just pointing to the word," the rapper added.

"The power of god can't be calculated by a number, by a first week sale, by a bank account, by how many cars you drive, by how big your house is and how many acres you got."
- Kanye West

"I wasn't expecting him to give his personal revelations as much as he did," one fan told the AJC. "I thought it was just going to be music. I wasn't expecting that but I liked it."

"I've gone to church all of my life, but this was something pretty unique," they added.

Several famous artists were in attendance at the 600-strong gathering, including T.I., 2 Chainz and Nelly.

Atlanta played host to the annual eclectic "Music Midtown" festival this weekend, with Billie Eilish and Vampire Weekend among the headliners.

Last week, Kanye took his worship event to Chicago, where he performed several stunning, Jesus-centred renditions:

In a recent appearance on "The View," Kim Kardashian-West was asked about Kanye's "Sunday Service." She explained that her husband's worship service exploits were were developed out of a relentless pursuit for God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2orVaJWto0M

"Kanye started this, I think, just to heal himself and it was a really personal thing … and it was just friends and family," Kim said. "And he has had an amazing evolution of being born again and being saved by Christ."

"It is a Christian service, like a musical ministry; they talk about Jesus and God," she added.

Kanye's new album, "Jesus is King," is set for release September 27.

Source

1 Share

Re: 'The Power Of God Can't Be Calculated By A Number': Kanye West Preaches Sermon by Izic97: 11:06pm On Sep 17, 2019
Rediscovering purpose. Good for him
Re: 'The Power Of God Can't Be Calculated By A Number': Kanye West Preaches Sermon by CodeTemplar: 2:34am On Sep 18, 2019
Is he trying to scam Satan by making money then dumping Satan or trying to scam those ordained for salvation by God?

A church isn't necessarily a christian setting as there are churches of darkness and there is the church of Christ separately.

(1) (Reply)

CAN Alleges: Kaduna Government Planning To Destroy Anglican’s Oldest Church / Should We Forgive Our Trespassers If they Didn’t Ask For Our Forgiveness / If You Are A Soul Seeking For Answers To Spiritual Questions, Ask Me Via Whatsap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.