Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,524,993 members, 5,778,584 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 August 2020 at 06:44 AM

Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun - Literature (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun (98611 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / Maria: The Sequel / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by collins1895: 2:20pm On Jul 12
Men, this is really classic, well play sir
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by UnusualJhay(m): 3:24pm On Jul 12
Seems to me like i'm watching Pablo escobar's classic grin grin

I think this is the point where Larry takes us back to book 1, the baby, Maria, Peter all doing fast and furious in the street! !

cool
collins1895:
Men, this is really classic, well play sir

1 Like

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by dejavuh0007(m): 4:02pm On Jul 12
Salami's brutal execution is the hallmark of an Italian mob: very graphic.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by Inkopere: 6:09pm On Jul 12
The last part, na horror movie
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by dhesire(m): 7:02pm On Jul 12
Lemme catch back my breath.

This is exhilarating, mind blowing, flawless expression.

I am honoured to be part of Larrysun's Black Maria movement.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by Anigreat: 9:56pm On Jul 12
shocked

Real trouble don show ..

one thing i love about Peter Black is his ability to outsmart his antagonist. So I'm not scared of Roberto searching for him, the young man will do what he knows to do best.

But I'm happy, chief Salami died in the most cruel manner, and he so deserve worst than that.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by domido(m): 12:08am On Jul 13
The Chen ghen has just started cool cool 8
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by UCMax1: 7:21am On Jul 13
Anigreat:
shocked

Real trouble don show ..

one thing i love about Peter Black is his ability to outsmart his antagonist. So I'm not scared of Roberto searching for him, the young man will do what he knows to do best.

But I'm happy, chief Salami died in the most cruel manner, and he so deserve worst than that.
Yeah! And Basket would be taught the meaning of cause trouble when they eventually find him....he thought he's the only one who knows the best way to bring trouble to people's doorsteps
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by OPC90(m): 10:03am On Jul 13
The sins of 25years ago... Hmmmm may God help us. Amen
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by solobenzo(m): 11:14am On Jul 13
Bravo Larry I would like the pDF of the story how can I get it
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by Ann2012(f): 2:49pm On Jul 13
I smell serious trouble

Thanks for the update
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by arfezces: 9:29pm On Jul 13
officer balewa finally put himself in trouble...
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by chioma8(f): 5:45pm On Jul 14
Thanks for the update Larrysun......I trust Peter Black he'll still outsmart them.....
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by francium001(m): 10:40pm On Jul 14
this is the exact explanation of "trouble dey sleep yanga go wake am" Mr. Gold would have let sleeping dogs lye, but on the process of averting the dangers from his family he has completely made an offload of a lorry load of trouble, I pray Blackie finds a way to outsmart Roberto and save his friend Baskie as well

Thanks for the update Larrysun

1 Like

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by Andrew13: 12:44pm On Jul 18
Shit just got real cheesy
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by pelvicky(m): 1:47pm On Jul 19
Nice one Larry shocked
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 6:08pm On Jul 19

VIII

According to Doctor Doctor Rukewe, Maria was due in two weeks. Her belly had grown considerably bigger, noticeably bigger. Peter could not wait for her to put to bed so that they could finally leave forever. He felt a little sad that he would be finally rid of his only friend – Basket. He had started putting their things in order in preparation for their movement. There were a few other people he was going to miss; Yinka and his sister were among them. Maria had suggested that the sibling should leave with them but Peter had gone against such an idea. Taking the siblings with them would blemish their innocence. He didn’t want them to be involved in his affairs. The best they can do for them was by giving them a large sum of money and allow them to forge their own paths.

But that was not the only reason why Peter didn’t want to take Yinka and his sister along. The words of Basket still rang in his head. Basket had just confirmed everything he had been thinking about while he was growing up. There was a curse on him; he didn’t know who placed the curse there but he believed that there was a curse. He had lost a lot of people already; everyone he met always ended up with one misfortune or another. He didn’t want either Yinka or Binta to suffer the same fate as the others. Maria now had only a few months left before she died; she would be dying because she had chosen to associate herself with him – a cursed person. There was nothing he could do to save her; there was nothing anyone could do to save her. The only hope he had left was that she put to bed without any complication; but he was scared. What if Maria gave birth to a still child? Would anything that came from him ever live? He didn’t know how he was going to cope if he lost both Maria and the baby. He hoped the baby and survived; he also hoped the child was a girl, for he planned to name it after his wife. He would spend all his days making sure the child never knew suffering all her life. He would pamper her, he would spoil her silly. And of course he was already doing that to Maria herself; since the time she had been confirmed pregnant, Peter never allowed his wife to do any work. He would do all the household chores – cooking, washing laundry. Occasionally, he would even bathe her. He treated her both like a baby and a queen. He wouldn’t allow her go to the market; anything she wanted he would do for her. The only thing he allowed her to do was go for her antenatal care and treatments. In less than a month, they would leave the country. Perhaps there would be a cure for her in the western country they would travel to. He might not lose her after all. He had learnt that the only thing these western doctors were unable to do was raise the dead.

“I think there’s hope for your wife, Mr Black,” Doctor Rukewe smiled at him.

“What are you talking about, Doctor?”

“I explained your wife’s situation to some of my colleagues in this field,” continued the man, “They seem to be optimistic about saving your wife.”

“Really? I thought you said she could not be cured.”

“Well, I may be wrong,” admitted the man. “It turned out that she might be cured. According to what I learnt, your wife has a fifty-one percent chance of survival if she goes through the operation.”

Peter stared at the doctor doubtfully. “Fifty-one percent? That basically means that her life hangs in the toss of a coin. How is that supposed to assure me?”

“Her chance of survival is higher than mortality.”

“With just two percent, doctor. Just two percent.”

“I’m sorry that’s how it is. This is so because of her condition. Your wife is heavily pregnant. Carrying out such operation on her may be risky. It’s not only her life that may be on the line here but also the child’s. I would advise you to think deeply about it.”

“I’m not gambling with the lives of my wife and my child.”

“Permit me to give you a professional advice. I think the best thing for you do now now, Mr Black, is to let the doctors carry out the operation on her.”

“You just said it yourself, that would be risky for her and the child.”

“But it’s the best option. Firstly, delay is dangerous for her. The longer time she spends untreated, the more difficult it is for her chance of survival during the operation. For now, she has a fifty-one percent chance of survival. I think this is the best chance she got. We can’t wait for her to put to bed first. Besides the fact that treatment might be too late for her after that, it is very risky for her to give birth to the child while still untreated. The pains of childbirth may trigger the headache and she may not have the strength to deliver the baby.”

Peter gritted his teeth. This was a wound he had been trying to endure, but the doctor had just burst it open. Tears rushed to his face. “So what you are saying, Doctor Rukewe, is that she may die with the baby either way. If she goes ahead with the operation or not, she still faces the risk of losing both her life and the baby – is that what you mean?”

“Well, in a way, yes. But she has a better chance of survival if she is operated on now. I wish she hadn’t become pregnant; her treatment would have been a walk in the park. Anyway, my advice is that you allow her get operated on now.”

Peter was silent for a moment. His head was cast downward in sadness. He was thinking deeply about what the doctor had just told him. Finally, he reached a conclusion and looked up at the man. “No, doctor. I’m not going to gamble with my wife’s life. I’m not ready to lose her now. If she’s going to die, then so be it. I want to spend the few times she has left with her. I’m not ready to lose her so suddenly. Your advice is not very assuring, I’m afraid.”

“I think you’re making a great mistake, Mr Black. I strongly advice that you allow the operation to take place now. It’s the best opportunity you will ever get.”

“I’m sorry, doctor, my mind has already been made.”

“Mr Black, don’t be stubborn. Don’t let your wife lose her life because of your stubbornness.”

“She’s going to die either way. I’m not going to put her through the torture of a surgeon’s blade.”

“Mr Black!”

“Please doctor, stop stressing me out. I don’t want to discuss anything about my wife’s life anymore. Kindly excuse me.” He drew his chair backward and stood up, then he walked out of the doctor’s office.

He returned to the waiting room where Maria was sitting and held her hands. As they were about leaving the hospital reception, the doctor appeared again and demanded to speak with Maria privately.

“Tell me whatever you need to tell her in my presence,” insisted Peter.

“I’m afraid it’s only your wife who needs to hear me.”

“She’s not going anywhere without my presence.”

“Darling,” said Maria, “Just wait here for me. I won’t let him take my time, I promise.”

Peter sat down and watched his wife follow the doctor to his office. He was scared about the decision Maria was going to make, or how the doctor was going to paint him to his wife. The doctor seemed to believe Peter was being selfish for not allowing his wife take the treatment.

“I appreciate your decision to see me privately, Mrs Black.”

“Kindly go to the point, doctor. I don’t like keeping my husband waiting.”

“Okay. That’s fair enough. I had a discussion with my husband and I think it’s important for you to know.”

“What makes you think my husband is not going to tell me?”

“I’m afraid he may not tell you this one.”

“Then you obviously don’t know my husband,” replied Maria.

Oh, I know your husband quite all right; I know that’s he’s a thief and he’s wanted by the police. Believe me, I know your husband more than you think I do. I probably know him more than you do. Your husband is very selfish. He doesn’t care about you. He’s willing to let you die. What were you thinking to get married to a thief in the first place? Nothing good comes from associating with a wanted criminal, dear. He’s probably the reason you’re dying now.

“Please hear what I have to say first before making any conclusion.”

“Please be fast about it.”

“We recently discovered that there may be a cure for your ailment. A group of surgeons are willing to operate on you and repair the damaged part of your brain. But your chance of survival is fifty-one percent. I just discussed this with your husband but he refused to grant the commencement of the operation. I was hoping that you could speak with him, perhaps change his mind about his decision. It’s not his life that’s on the line here, it’s yours. But he doesn’t seem to care about the operation.”

“What is his reason for not approving the operation?”

“He believes fifty-one percent is a chance too risky to take. He’s afraid you may die if you go through with the operation.”

Maria was silent for a moment.

“Please think about yourself, Mrs Black. You can decide to go ahead with the operation. All we need is your signatures and we’ll commence work immediately. The surgeons are already on standby.”

“I m ready to take the operation.”

“Really? That’s great news.” The doctor smiled happily. He was glad to see that someone had finally come to her senses.

“But on one condition.”

The smile disappeared from the doctor’s face. He knew he would not like what would be coming next. “What condition is that, Mrs Black?”

“I will gladly take the operation if you are willing to sign an agreement that nothing will happen to me and my baby during or after the operation. If anything happens to either me or the baby, you are to spend the rest of your life in jail for talking me into taking the operation.”

“What!” the doctor was flummoxed. “You want me to commit myself on an operation that has a fifty-one percent chance of success?”

“I thought you believed that was the best option to take.”

“Of course it is.”

“Then you shouldn’t have any problem about signing the agreement.”

The doctor stared at her. “You’re as crazy as your husband. You are joking with your own life.”

Maria smiled. “You don’t know the kind of pain I go through every second, every minute. Picture someone banging a mallet on your head indefinitely. I have used all the painkillers I could find but none of them seems to work anymore. I know I am already a walking corpse. There’s no doubt that I’m going to die. I have accepted my fate. If there’s a cure somewhere and it’s certain, believe me that I’ll be the first on the queue. But what you are offering is not a cure, doctor. What you are offering is a shortcut – it is either a shortcut to my liberation or my extinction. I am not ready to gamble with my life. You and I know that the healthcare system of this country is not something to bank on. The fifty-one percent chance of survival you brought before me may actually be forty percent, or less. If I have a few months left of sure survival as opposed to a few hours of death, then I chose the few months I have left. I want to take to my grave as much memory of my time with my husband as I can. I don’t expect you to understand. To you doctors, everything is merely black or white. It’s either your patients die or they live; either way, you move on. I’m sorry if you think my decision is not wise, but respect it. it’s my life, and I choose how it ends. For once let me take charge of my own life. I suffer excruciating pain but I’m not going to take the easy way out. I’m not going to leave my husband. I will continue fighting to live for him until I can fight no longer. Thank you for you for your advice, doctor, but I go with my husband’s decision.”

Like Peter Black had done, she drew her chair backward, stood up and left the office. She joined her husband and they left the hospital, holding hands. They left a lot sadder than they had come.

Doctor Rukewe watched he couple through the window of his office. His eyes were drilling a hole through Maria’s back. How could such a beautiful girl just die? Here was an opportunity to live and she refused to take it? How could anyone be so gullible? He continued watching them until they were out of sight. He did not believe Maria was in the right state of mind to make a sound decision. Her husband, Peter Black, who should even be wise had proved to be foolish. He must have brainwashed the innocent girl to never go against his decision. From everything she explained, all Rukewe could deduce was that she was ready to live in pain just to please her husband. He shook his head. No, he was not going to allow that.

He sat down again and pulled out a drawer. He flipped through a bunch of old newspapers and drew out a particular one. He flipped to the page where he had found Peter Black’s picture. He reached for the desk telephone and dialed the number printed under the picture of the wanted thief. He waited as the phone rang.

“Hello,” he heard a male voice.

“Hello,this is Doctor Rukewe from Fortress Hospital.”

“How may I help you, Doctor Rukewe?”

“I would like to speak with Officer John Balewa. It’s very urgent.”

“What is the purpose of your call, sir?”

“I’m calling in respect to a wanted thief named Peter Black.”

“Okay, kindly wait a few moments while I bring him to the line.”

While he waited, he thought he saw someone pass by his window but he was not sure.

“Hello, this is Officer John Balewa. I heard you have some information about Peter Black.”

“Yes, he and his wife just left the hospital.”

“Do you know where they went?”

“Of course. I have their home address.”

10 Likes

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by EkopSparoAyara(m): 6:49pm On Jul 19
Typical of a Nigerian Health system.. This story has its setting in the 90's, the health system was nothing to write home about and after decades, it's still the same. That's why our corrupt leaders, who have refused to improve our health care system keeping travelling abroad on medical tourism.

Doctor Rukewe couldn't even suggest caesarean section to Peter Black if he so didn't want Maria to go through lots of pains during labour, no, all he wanted was to carry out a surgical experiment at the detriment of the unborn child, that's where he's being selfish, more concerned about his self glory..

And then he took an unwise decision to snitch on them, I guess he hasn't been told that anyone who associates with Peter Black dies, lol.. Maybe someone passed his window, I am not sure too..

BRAVO LARRYSUN.

7 Likes

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by chioma8(f): 8:18pm On Jul 19
"someone pass by his window and he's not sure"....well, i guess Peter Black turned back to his office and over heard his conversation....

Maria has gone though pains with this pregnancy, I trust her faith she'll pull through and have this baby successfully!!!!

kudos Larrysun.....
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:33pm On Jul 19
dejavuh0007:
Peter's speech to Maria is unnecessarily wordy and repetitive for my liking. I don't know if u used it as a delay tactic for until when u come up with a better plot for the next episode.

Way too wordy... and with generic lines. It wasn't a special profession of love. The same words could be said to hundred more girls.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:37pm On Jul 19
domido:
Bros na to toast woman oo.
Na toasting
Just normal,ordinary toasting oo cheesy cheesy cheesy na em you carry higher education take write so. See ehn all these nairaland babes following your story when you ask them out that way ehnnnn,they will just be looking at you like "oga,if you don talk finish, you go repeat your self for my own level." wink wink

Lol. I'll even yawn. What was all that nonsense? grin
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by EkopSparoAyara(m): 8:37pm On Jul 19
PrimadonnaO:

Way too wordy... and with generic lines. It wasn't a special profession of love. The same words could be said to hundred more girls.

My dear,that's what makes it a fictional story..
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 8:58pm On Jul 19
PrimadonnaO:

Don't compare those days with now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 9:01pm On Jul 19
Today, the true declaration of love means little to women. That is why the words of Peter Black are considered strange to some readers now.

I hope this explanation clears the air.

Thank you. smiley

1 Like

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:29pm On Jul 19
[quote author=LarrySun post=85928602][/quote]

I didn't think Peter was going to finish the sex after finding out she was a virgin.

At least not that day. I had assumed the ice thing was to make her reach orgasm without penetrating.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:34am On Jul 20
LarrySun:
Don't compare those days with now.

Okay.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by Ann2012(f): 8:53am On Jul 20
I want to believe Peter went to his window and heard what the doctor said. They should let the couple enjoy few months of peace before Maria's demise na.

Thanks for the update
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by felix00(m): 9:55am On Jul 20
LarrySun:
Today, the true declaration of love means little to women. That is why the words of Peter Black are considered strange to some readers now.

I hope this explanation clears the air.

Thank you. smiley

I don't know man. The way you've written the PB character, he strikes me as someone who will do anything to save the one he loves even if it means taking a chance on a high risk surgery. This move from him just seem shallow not the daredevil style he is associated with....
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:28am On Jul 20
Nickshrapnel:
Spoiler alert

The politician would definitely be the man that took Peter Black’s inheritance

You'll didn't read Book 1, I guess.
That politician is apparently Mr Salami who killed Peter Black's Father and is responsible for the misery that Peter's life became..

He's certainly the one who knocked down Binta, too. Hit and run driver.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by Nickshrapnel(m): 10:52am On Jul 20
PrimadonnaO:

You'll didn't read Book 1, I guess.
That politician is apparently Mr Salami who killed Peter Black's Father and is responsible for the misery that Peter's life became..

He's certainly the one who knocked down Binta, too. Hit and run driver.
I know the politician is Chief Salami, I just didn’t mention it for obvious reason wink

1 Like

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:57am On Jul 20
LarrySun:

THE COMPLETE BOOK IS NOW AVAILABLE ON OKADABOOKS FOR N500 ONLY. HERE IS THE DOWNLOAD LINK BELOW:

https://okadabooks.com/book/about/black_maria_book_three/31369

The next update shall be posted on Sunday. If you can't wait, you can get the PDF of subsequent available updates for N50 each, or of the full book at N1000 only. Thanks for following. Don't forget to buy Book 1 and Book 2. They are both available for sale on OkadaBooks. Alternatively, you can contact me directly for the PDFs.

God bless you.

LSD smiley

+2349061754872
larrysundynasty@gmail.com

I'm confused. Which book 1 and 2 is going for 1k?

And which is 500?
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:12am On Jul 20
okeyben10:
Basky b feeling so self righteous.

Imagine mentioning Rhoda's history with black to her father. How about sharing his own history with black and doing time for all d crimes they both pulled?

Abeg basky go look bush!

Anyway, i no of his weakness for rhoda

Basky's self righteousness is actually disgusting!
His unforgiveness is absolutely irrational!
The Rhoda babe was first Peter's to begin with...
You forgave the babe for sleeping with your friend, but refused to forgive the friend.
Decided he'll hunt Peter to the ends of the earth, but for the same thievery that he used to participate in. How can a tainted person feel so self righteous?
Just how?

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

The Club a story - #nlwriters / Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story / Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 318
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.