Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,912 members, 7,806,648 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

My Late Dad's Properties Has Been Stolen By His Lawyer - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Late Dad's Properties Has Been Stolen By His Lawyer (643 Views)

My Landlord And His Dad Just Beat Up My Co-tenant / Dad Wins Epic N1.9 Billion James Bond-Style Mansion With Just N15,000 (Photos) / How Do I Recover My Late Father's Property? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Late Dad's Properties Has Been Stolen By His Lawyer by Democrat77: 5:06am On Sep 18, 2019
Good day, house. Please, forgive me for creating a new account to bring this matter to your attention.

Please, there are three points to this story, but everything is about this same Lawyer. My father gave him power of attorney back when they used to work with each other years ago.

My dad passed away last year (2018) April. Since then, we have been having problems with his Lawyer.

1st Point) My late dad owns a farmland in Abuja that he asked the lawyer to sell. So far, we have not heard anything about this land; we don't even know if he has sold it already. My dad gave him the original documents unfortunately. When my dad died, this lawyer refused to give us the documents for the farmland. The Lawyer lives in Abuja, and we live in Lagos. We are struggling in Lagos and do not have money to travel there.

2nd Point)My late dad also has another land in an urban area in Abuja, and my mother has the original documents for this land. Before my dad died, the land was being contested with other parties, but the court awarded the land to my dad. The lawyer told us that some contractors wanted to build on the land, but he will need the original documents before they can start to build. We asked him to come down to Lagos, but surprisingly, he told us that the contractors have started to build! Without the original documents! He said that they did not drop any deposits before they started to build. We are sad, and we do not know how to fight this man!

3rd Point) My late dad has yet another land in Abuja. The Lawyer does not know about this one, fortunately. We have the original documents, but we do not know the condition that the land is in or if something has been built there. If there is anyone that can help, we will appreciate it.

Please, this lawyer is a barrister. We are still in contact with the man. He shouts at my mom over the phone because he knows we cannot do anything to him. Please, house, how can my family go about getting my Late dad's properties back from this lawyer?

1 Like

Re: My Late Dad's Properties Has Been Stolen By His Lawyer by alonzoiv(m): 6:14am On Sep 18, 2019
Get another lawyer to fight your case out. Or report to the NBA. What do I know sef? I'm not learned.
Re: My Late Dad's Properties Has Been Stolen By His Lawyer by MrMcJay(m): 3:00am On Sep 20, 2019
Democrat77:
Please, house, how can my family go about getting my Late dad's properties back?

Good day,
Kindly reach me on O8O6379O773 via Watsapp or SMS.
I'm a legal practitioner and can help you.

(1) (Reply)

DISTRESSED SALES: Executive 3BEDROOM Bungalow For Sale, The Owner Is Relocating / Enjoy 50% Discount On Our "Ember" Give Away! / Lands For Sale At Ogbomoso, Oyo State Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.