Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

Are african men Romantic or Just "Unaffectionate" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are african men Romantic or Just "Unaffectionate" (2803 Views)

How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? / Being Romantic Or Being Foolish? / Are Nigerian Men Romantic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are african men Romantic or Just "Unaffectionate" by Nekab(f): 8:53pm On Oct 30, 2010
Just interested to know peoples thoughts on this,
Re: Are african men Romantic or Just "Unaffectionate" by Mygoldie(f): 9:06pm On Oct 30, 2010
some african men are down to earth and very romantic smiley smiley wink,but some of them are like the devil in the attic, very strange indeed. sad sad
Re: Are african men Romantic or Just "Unaffectionate" by johnterry4: 9:11pm On Oct 30, 2010
Dont knw abt other african men but naija men.naija men are romantic if the babe has got things like arsze and boo'bs.and naija women get so romantic if their guys are rich.
Re: Are african men Romantic or Just "Unaffectionate" by jejelolatu(f): 9:27pm On Oct 30, 2010
Jamb question toh bahd!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are african men Romantic or Just "Unaffectionate" by Yorisb: 9:28pm On Oct 30, 2010
Nekab:

Both!

BTW your pics, hot MUCH! wink

@MyGold

How far cherrie?
Re: Are african men Romantic or Just "Unaffectionate" by Mygoldie(f): 9:36pm On Oct 30, 2010
Yorisb:

Both!

BTW your pics, hot MUCH! wink

@MyGold

How far cherrie?

what shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked you wan shike two people at a blow??lol shocked shocked
Re: Are african men Romantic or Just "Unaffectionate" by Yorisb: 9:39pm On Oct 30, 2010
Mygoldie:

what shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked you wan shike two people at a blow??lol shocked shocked

your joking right? lol cme I nd 2 talk 2 u on d other side
Re: Are african men Romantic or Just "Unaffectionate" by Mygoldie(f): 9:53pm On Oct 30, 2010
I'm afraid,im not cut out for this anymore, people are getting the wrong ideas,becos its like here on NL its a crime for a girl to chat continuously with a guy, their mind is so clouded with negativity,hence they feel that when one chats with a guy,one is spoilt.its not as if i can't chat with you,but i don't want some idiots to think it otherwise, they complained to my guy that im flirting with you, my guy is koolchicco. i dont want trouble and becos of that ,im out( no offence).
cheers, smiley
Re: Are african men Romantic or Just "Unaffectionate" by Yorisb: 10:05pm On Oct 30, 2010
angry angry angry angry shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed shocked shocked cry embarassed

WTF!! ARE U SERIOUS?
Re: Are african men Romantic or Just "Unaffectionate" by Mygoldie(f): 10:12pm On Oct 30, 2010
for REAL. cool
Re: Are african men Romantic or Just "Unaffectionate" by Yorisb: 10:21pm On Oct 30, 2010
''Breaks me heart'' cry cry embarassed
Re: Are african men Romantic or Just "Unaffectionate" by Mygoldie(f): 10:25pm On Oct 30, 2010
Doesn't really have to.lol. grin grin grin smile its weekend again, yaaaaay!!!
Re: Are african men Romantic or Just "Unaffectionate" by Yorisb: 10:43pm On Oct 30, 2010
angry angry embarassed embarassed cry
Re: Are african men Romantic or Just "Unaffectionate" by Dsense(m): 10:44pm On Oct 30, 2010
Mygoldie:

some african men are down to earth and very romantic smiley smiley wink,but some of them are like the devil in the attic, very strange indeed. sad sad
Correct.
Re: Are african men Romantic or Just "Unaffectionate" by jejelolatu(f): 6:15am On Oct 31, 2010
Yorisb:

lol cme I nd 2 talk 2 u on d other side

Mygoldie:

I'm AFRAID,im not cut out for this anymore, people are getting the wrong ideas,becos its like here on NL its a crime for a girl to chat continuously with a guy, their mind is so clouded with negativity,hence they feel that when one chats with a guy,one is spoilt.its not as if i can't chat with you,but i don't want some idiots to think it otherwise, they complained to my guy that im flirting with you, MY GUY IS KOOLCHICO. i dont want trouble and becos of that ,im out( no offence).
cheers, smiley

O_o. .
Re: Are african men Romantic or Just "Unaffectionate" by skipo87(m): 10:20am On Oct 31, 2010
in africa, I think the prob is we men try so hard to make things work. That leave us no room b romantic. Plus events and happenings has helped in hardening our minds that we are left almost emotionless and unromantic. That doesn't mean we dnt kno Hw to get our groove on wen the tym is right.
They are unromantic because they have few positive male role models to emulate. In the media, romance is often portrayed as something only females are intere
sted in
We are also made to believe ego over emotions. Someone like me was brought up never to give in into emotions.
I cud go on and on with reasons but that doesn't mean there arent any romantic men out there.
Re: Are african men Romantic or Just "Unaffectionate" by no1madman(m): 10:38am On Oct 31, 2010
I don't fuckin know. .
Re: Are african men Romantic or Just "Unaffectionate" by MrsEve: 10:55am On Oct 31, 2010
Dsense

Are you saying correct on romantic or unaffectionate?
Re: Are african men Romantic or Just "Unaffectionate" by iice(f): 1:30pm On Oct 31, 2010
Some are romantic and i think they are very affectionate actually. . .
Re: Are african men Romantic or Just "Unaffectionate" by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 31, 2010
I can not generalize a whole race of men.
Re: Are african men Romantic or Just "Unaffectionate" by buccaneer7(m): 2:23pm On Oct 31, 2010
This poster's picture is the most prettiest i have seen on NL so far, Clearing troath, there is nothing i can say here cuz i m an african man. its a lady' thread and i' ll enjoy reading
Re: Are african men Romantic or Just "Unaffectionate" by ryu11(m): 2:27pm On Oct 31, 2010
buccaneer7:

This poster's picture is the most prettiest i have seen on NL so far,  Clearing troath,  there is nothing i can say here cuz i m an african man. its a lady' thread and i' ll enjoy reading

My brother please tell me which face if prettier hers or that of the twins,  grin grin grin , I bet the twins. I saw your comment and decided to stop by. I didn't bother to read the thread.

@ Poster, how you dey babes?
Re: Are african men Romantic or Just "Unaffectionate" by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 31, 2010
if African men no de romantic, why i be say, white women de gbadu us pas white men? the answer is simple.
its because, African men are romantic and also hot on the b**** (U know wat i mean.). than white men
Re: Are african men Romantic or Just "Unaffectionate" by buccaneer7(m): 2:59pm On Oct 31, 2010
My brother please tell me which face if prettier hers or that of the twins, , I bet the twins. I saw your comment and decided to stop by. I didn't bother to read the thread.

NO FOR REAL SHE IS FINE. NO MATTER HOW MAN GO SELECT REACH MAKE THIS GIRL NO JOIN. cool
Re: Are african men Romantic or Just "Unaffectionate" by Orikinla(m): 3:42pm On Oct 31, 2010
Nekab:

You must have met or seen only the unromantic African men.

Please, see one of my books, The Language of True Love, already sold out in Nigeria.

African men are romantic to women who appreciate romantic life.
But most of our women have put a price tag on love affairs.
They mistake spending on them as being romantic.

Sometimes I take a day off work to spend it with my woman alone in the house.
I pamper her, sing love songs to her as we make love from the living room to the corridor to the bedroom and to the bathroom.
Or we go to the cinemas and end up at the Bar Beach on Victoria Island in the sunset in Lagos, Nigeria
Re: Are african men Romantic or Just "Unaffectionate" by jaygetta(m): 4:18pm On Oct 31, 2010
I can't speak for nobody else but, me, I know I'm romantic, maybe to a fault sef! I have a way of treating every woman around me nice and making them feel special. Then again maybe that's just another word for "being nice",
Re: Are african men Romantic or Just "Unaffectionate" by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 31, 2010
When it comes to love, African men are like Lions stalking their prey. They observe, position themselves to the right angle and when the time is right? They attack. If they think about it and find it not worthy enough they move on to the next potential target. A lot of American men and some Caribbean men test first and then have an opinion, they are like the lion cubs. They make a move prematurely and send the targets running away. They are more open and it can be a HUGE advantage for a woman who wants to know what she is getting into, but also a HUGE disadvantage as they tend to expose their baggage early on which is when the prey takes off. African men are more secretive because they don't want to get wrapped up with a woman who is not what they are looking for hence the "I refuse to be affectionate" act.

I have had this problem with EVERY single one of the three African men I have dated. I find that this is particularly true when the women are not African. (African women are the Zebras who do not even have to see the Lions and instinct tells them when to react while we Caribbean and American women are frozen still and confused.) Anyway, the reason the first two did not work was because although I find mystery men exciting, when they were ready to show me who they were, I found that we were not compatible. I am currently with an African man. Very BEAUTIFUL person on the inside and GORGEOUS on the outside (very very sexy) but he's secretive like a terrorist being question by the C.I.A! It's AMAZING  angry! Some things I would like to discuss with him results in his derailing the conversation. We had this very talk last night about this topic and he said he cares about me so much that he thinks about me every moment of the day however hes not yet ready to open his heart and be hurt or do the hurting which is fair enough. I am constantly being put through tests though (exciting but annoying) to prove my love for him.
Re: Are african men Romantic or Just "Unaffectionate" by Orikinla(m): 4:34pm On Oct 31, 2010
When you are romantic, our women say you are behaving like "Oyinbo" (whiteman).
Re: Are african men Romantic or Just "Unaffectionate" by MsPotato(f): 4:35pm On Oct 31, 2010
My guy is not romantic and Thank God cause I dont go for romantic guys. I heard from Oprah Winfrey that Romantic guys usually end up as serial killers. . . How else do you explain all those Oyinbo guys whom killed their wife on CI? grin tongue
Re: Are african men Romantic or Just "Unaffectionate" by Orikinla(m): 4:39pm On Oct 31, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

When it comes to love, African men are like Lions stalking their prey. They observe, position themselves to the right angle and when the time is right? They attack. If they think about it and find it not worthy enough they move on to the next potential target. A lot of American men and some Caribbean men test first and then have an opinion, they are like the lion cubs. They make a move prematurely and send the targets running away. They are more open and it can be a HUGE advantage for a woman who wants to know what she is getting into, but also a HUGE disadvantage as they tend to expose their baggage early on which is when the prey takes off. African men are more secretive because they don't want to get wrapped up with a woman who is not what they are looking for hence the "I refuse to be affectionate" act.

I have had this problem with EVERY single one of the three African men I have dated. I find that this is particularly true when the women are not African. (African women are the Zebras who do not even have to see the Lions and instinct tells them when to react while we Caribbean and American women are frozen still and confused.) Anyway, the reason the first two did not work was because although I find mystery men exciting, when they were ready to show me who they were, I found that we were not compatible. I am currently with an African man. Very BEAUTIFUL person on the inside and GORGEOUS on the outside (very very sexy) but he's secretive like a terrorist being question by the C.I.A! It's AMAZING  angry! Some things I would like to discuss with him results in his derailing the conversation. We had this very talk last night about this topic and he said he cares about me so much that he thinks about me every moment of the day however hes not yet ready to open his heart and be hurt or do the hurting which is fair enough. I am constantly being put through tests though (exciting but annoying) to prove my love for him.

Bear with him and do your best to bring out the best in him.
African men really love their women if their women will be faithful to them.
They will treat them like goddesses.
Re: Are african men Romantic or Just "Unaffectionate" by MsPotato(f): 4:43pm On Oct 31, 2010
Orikinla:

Bear with him and do your best to bring out the best in him.
African men really love their women if their women will be faithful to them.
They will treat them like goddesses.

That is sooo true!!!
Re: Are african men Romantic or Just "Unaffectionate" by Orikinla(m): 4:46pm On Oct 31, 2010
Ms. Potato:

My guy is not romantic and Thank God cause I dont go for romantic guys. I heard from Oprah Winfrey that Romantic guys usually end up as serial killers. . . How else do you explain all those Oyinbo guys whom killed their wife on CI?  grin tongue

What does Oprah Winfrey know about being loved?
Have you found out about her history with men since high school.

How many serial killers do we have in the world?

Serial killers are psychos who are only obsessed with their women.

Obsession is not love.

Being a nice guy does not mean you are romantic.

A romantic man must not be a pussy,  insecure or what I call a "love mugu",

A romantic man must be bold and brave and noble.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Men Buy Sex Or Patronise Prostitutes? / Confusion About What To Do In A Relationship. Should I Propose Or End It / Question Of The Day:- What Is The Right Age To Starthaving S*x?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.