Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

Nigeria Vs Brazil 1 - 1: International Friendly On 13th October 2019 - Sports (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Brazil 1 - 1: International Friendly On 13th October 2019 (110537 Views)

Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia: Int'l Friendly (2 - 1) On 13th October 2023 / Nigeria Vs Tunisia: International Friendly (1 - 1) On 13th October 2020 / Argentina Vs Nigeria: International Friendly - 2 - 4 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil 1 - 1: International Friendly On 13th October 2019 by Rosskiki: 10:34pm On Oct 13, 2019
RTSC:

Europeans style football wins real trophies, not afcons...

Empty headed buffoon. So AFCON is not a ''real trophy?''

Stupid cow drowning in inferiority complex.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil 1 - 1: International Friendly On 13th October 2019 by Harrynight(m): 10:50pm On Oct 13, 2019
Kennyswagz1:
Senegal also draw with Brazil na

Senegal beats Nigeria grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil 1 - 1: International Friendly On 13th October 2019 by Soso990240(m): 10:52pm On Oct 13, 2019
[quote author=PolymathDave post=83102912][/quote]ur analysis de pain for head. Chukwueze, Ndidi and and Osihmen you praised also play European pattern of football. You said Iwobi is overrated? you don't watch football. Its not every player that can comfortably play out of position. Iwobi is never a No.10, but Rohr keep playing him there. Nigerians are hard to please.. What is wrong with Ekong, Ajayi, Aribo and Awaziem performance today? U don't know football bro. Arthur of Barcelona didn't perform up to Ndidi and Aribo today.
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil 1 - 1: International Friendly On 13th October 2019 by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:37am On Oct 14, 2019
Datazone:

The Brazil that played Senegal was not their top 11. Nigeria played the best in Brazil today
Who told you that. Neymer played 90 minutes. Don't be sentimental when making comments.
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil 1 - 1: International Friendly On 13th October 2019 by Kennyswagz1(m): 12:55am On Oct 14, 2019
Harrynight:

Senegal beats Nigeria grin
for where
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil 1 - 1: International Friendly On 13th October 2019 by Olusola101990: 7:03am On Oct 14, 2019
theDEVILisHERE:

It has failed cause Africans are too lazy and confused to master their own style of player

Every style at its best is capable of winning
Master ur style and u'll dominate
...I ave a simple question....is there anything well known playinv philosophy like ..."African style of football "
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil 1 - 1: International Friendly On 13th October 2019 by Soso990240(m): 7:52am On Oct 14, 2019
VeeVeeMyLuv:
Tear rubber Argentina team just trashed Ecuador 6-1!

It seems like some legend are about to retire.
Oya, make dem use the team reach World cup finals and 3 Copa America finals. Then I will believe them.
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil 1 - 1: International Friendly On 13th October 2019 by peeps4u: 10:50am On Oct 14, 2019
gaetano:
I use an app called live netTV. It contains lots of streaming channels, including movie channels like fox and HBO. I use glo for it cos mtn blocked the app.

Can't find it on playstore bro
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil 1 - 1: International Friendly On 13th October 2019 by gaetano: 11:04am On Oct 14, 2019
peeps4u:

Can't find it on playstore bro
go to page 3 and read through
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil 1 - 1: International Friendly On 13th October 2019 by Performanking(m): 2:21pm On Oct 14, 2019
DeRay98:

exactly what expect Osimhen to do if he's keep the upper hand against defenders.
Rashidi Yekini was skinny like Osihmen when he played shooting stars in the early 80s and when entered Green Eagles.
It was the German technical advicer in 1986-88, Manfred Hoener who advised and trained him to bulk up and when he did, he became a handful for defenders worldwide.

But not too much like Yak, that was so jacked he either refused to or was unable to tap in that goal at the world Cup.

Pinnick needs to get strength and conditioning for these lads
Ndidi
Oshimen ( like u said)

Aribo is good the way he is
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil 1 - 1: International Friendly On 13th October 2019 by Performanking(m): 2:22pm On Oct 14, 2019
BBBmall25:
Great U My Brother

Respect
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil 1 - 1: International Friendly On 13th October 2019 by Performanking(m): 2:25pm On Oct 14, 2019
dozeman:

You should consider his midfield partners, be can't kee himself. Aribo doesn't cut it for me

Aribo that scored?? Has scored every game since his debut
Ok o
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil 1 - 1: International Friendly On 13th October 2019 by Performanking(m): 2:26pm On Oct 14, 2019
kushercain:

Uzoho B+ abeg
Ndidi C-
Onuachu nko grin

My silence on that tall zombie speaks volumes
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil 1 - 1: International Friendly On 13th October 2019 by DeRay98(m): 4:14pm On Oct 14, 2019
Performanking:

But not too much like Yak, that was so jacked he either refused to or was unable to tap in that goal at the world Cup.

Ndidi
Oshimen ( like u said)

The is naturally bulky fellow from his young age.
His size and agility helped in premiership where he remains the 2nd highest scoring African in Premiership behind Drogba.
As for the miss against Korea in WC 2010, it wasn't intentional as many young or fanatical fans believe.
If you have ever played football beyond primary school level, you would know how some mistakes are made in the field.
I played for street at junior level, my primary sch senior and sec sch junior teams and my department at the University.
Many great footballers including Kanu have missed similar opportunities before but people don't remember such scenarios with them because they are more liked.
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil 1 - 1: International Friendly On 13th October 2019 by DeRay98(m): 4:19pm On Oct 14, 2019
Performanking:

Ndidi
Oshimen ( like u said)

It's not the job of NFF or it's President to do that for the boys.
It's job of their club or national team managers if they believe it can help the players.
Ndidi doesn't need to bulk up he's a tough skinny bone who also play hard.
But Osihmen needs it to blows defenders away.
Have seen how thick Neymar is now?
When he got to Barca, he was kpelenge skinny after playing in Brazil for up to 4yrs.
Barca started to diet and bulk him up and you see how he is now.
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil 1 - 1: International Friendly On 13th October 2019 by hekkyboi: 4:57pm On Oct 14, 2019
kaziblake:
Disgrace�
nice boobs u got there
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil 1 - 1: International Friendly On 13th October 2019 by caprini1: 10:22pm On Oct 14, 2019
BluntBoy:

No, it was one goal. That goal was scored by Andreas Möller.

I remember that match. Ike Shorunmu was at his best as usual. He unfortunately had an injury that caused us to invite Baruwa who messed up against Yugoslavia. So, Peter Rufai was called out of retirement.

It was Peter Rufai who then conceded 5 goals against Netherlands. Kanu scored our only goal.
I have confirmed This....meeen ,you get football history o....my kind of friends.Cheers bro.
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil 1 - 1: International Friendly On 13th October 2019 by PolymathDave(m): 11:47pm On Oct 14, 2019
komols856:

football originated from white men. you can never do without whity style in football. even rules and regulations are been set by them
Yet a South American country has won the world cup 5 times and not a European
It being invented and greatly being influenced by Europeans doesn't guarantee victory
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil 1 - 1: International Friendly On 13th October 2019 by PolymathDave(m): 11:50pm On Oct 14, 2019
Soso990240:
ur analysis de pain for head. Chukwueze, Ndidi and and Osihmen you praised also play European pattern of football. You said Iwobi is overrated? you don't watch football. Its not every player that can comfortably play out of position. Iwobi is never a No.10, but Rohr keep playing him there. Nigerians are hard to please.. What is wrong with Ekong, Ajayi, Aribo and Awaziem performance today? U don't know football bro. Arthur of Barcelona didn't perform up to Ndidi and Aribo today.

Iwobi is overrated, arsenal found that out and kicked him out as fast as they could.
The guys are called out are creative,
We know how fastastic Chukwueze dribbles can be
Ndidi is a good marksman
Influenced by European playing method yet being extra creative
That's why they stand out from the rest

Aribo is good too
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil 1 - 1: International Friendly On 13th October 2019 by Performanking(m): 1:48am On Oct 15, 2019
DeRay98:

It's not the job of NFF or it's President to do that for the boys.
It's job of their club or national team managers if they believe it can help the players.
Ndidi doesn't need to bulk up he's a tough skinny bone who also play hard.
But Osihmen needs it to blows defenders away.
Have seen how thick Neymar is now?
When he got to Barca, he was kpelenge skinny after playing in Brazil for up to 4yrs.
Barca started to diet and bulk him up and you see how he is now.

How can you see Ndidi and not say he should bulk up a little? He is a DM, if he can get a similar physique to prime Mikel, you will see the difference.

How can you say it's not the job of the NFF? Sure the club is primary, but having a strength and conditioning team to get these boys up to the level of European and South American teams should be the priority..... If your goal is to win trophies..... You know like the world Cup, or is it only Afcon we are chasing??

Neymar's problem is not his physique, it's his mind.... He sulked his way off the field with a fake injury against Nigeria...and he is desperate to get back to Barca where he could dance dribble and have fun, knowing Messi and Suarez are his teammates...
His heart is not in PSG... As soon as he returns to Barca you will see him playing like one of the best players in the world
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil 1 - 1: International Friendly On 13th October 2019 by Performanking(m): 1:54am On Oct 15, 2019
DeRay98:

Many great footballers including Kanu have missed similar opportunities before but people don't remember such scenarios with them because they are more liked.

Please name the time KANU cost Nigeria in a critical game, the way Yakubu missed that?
Mr "I used to play back in the day".

We all make mistakes, unfortunately Yakubu's miss will live with him forever, just like Baggio who was the star of the 1994 world Cup, until he missed a penalty in the final.....
Ask me the last time People even mention Baggio?
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil 1 - 1: International Friendly On 13th October 2019 by KosiGee(m): 2:51am On Oct 15, 2019
BluntBoy:

No, it was one goal. That goal was scored by Andreas Möller.

I remember that match. Ike Shorunmu was at his best as usual. He unfortunately had an injury that caused us to invite Baruwa who messed up against Yugoslavia. So, Peter Rufai was called out of retirement.

It was Peter Rufai who then conceded 5 goals against Netherlands. Kanu scored our only goal.

Good memory. Nigeria was playing well in that match and there was a certain Jero Shapoke, hope I got the spelling correct who was tormenting the Germans on the right flank, he cupped an injury. I think he dislocated his shoulder. I’ve never heard about him ever since.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil 1 - 1: International Friendly On 13th October 2019 by Soso990240(m): 4:08am On Oct 15, 2019
PolymathDave:

Iwobi is overrated, arsenal found that out and kicked him out as fast as they could.
Ndidi is a good marksman

Aribo is good too
Oga, Iwobi is Neva over rated. When a new coach sigh for a club, he tends to use already established players to get a result, not to give younger ones opportunity to showcase their talent. And Mind you, Arsenal may have sold Iwobi because he doesn't play d pattern of football d coach tends to impose on the team.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil 1 - 1: International Friendly On 13th October 2019 by Soso990240(m): 4:16am On Oct 15, 2019
PolymathDave:

Ndidi is a good marksman

Aribo is good too
And lastly, Africans don't have pattern of football. What you see as 'African style of football' is unperfected Oyibo pattern of football we learnt from them. We learnt everything from the white and try to play like them. If you really want our team to play like Africans, then take only home based players to international competition. How would you expect someone dat plays in European competition to switch to 'African' style any time he is playing for Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil 1 - 1: International Friendly On 13th October 2019 by briggson07(m): 6:49am On Oct 15, 2019
jagabanlewis:

Stream link bro

If u have enough stream too
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil 1 - 1: International Friendly On 13th October 2019 by BluntBoy(m): 7:21am On Oct 15, 2019
KosiGee:

Good memory. Nigeria was playing well in that match and there was a certain Jero Shapoke, hope I got the spelling correct who was tormenting the Germans on the right flank, he cupped an injury. I think he dislocated his shoulder. I’ve never heard about him ever since.

Well done, bro. You got the spelling. Jero Shapoke.

He is still playing though, at 39.
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil 1 - 1: International Friendly On 13th October 2019 by BluntBoy(m): 7:22am On Oct 15, 2019
caprini1:
I have confirmed This....meeen ,you get football history o....my kind of friends.Cheers bro.

Cheers, bro grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil 1 - 1: International Friendly On 13th October 2019 by cheelrix: 2:34pm On Oct 15, 2019
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil 1 - 1: International Friendly On 13th October 2019 by linked: 3:45pm On Oct 15, 2019
Tarokboy:
Great performance by the boys.

Uwaziem
Uwaziem has reiterate my believe in him for a first team shirt after a splendid Nations cup performance where he was only dribbled pass just once.
As for me,he is currently our best defender,confident and intelligent.
He got good cover from Chukwueze who came back to assist.
Only minus with him is that he does not over lap to support attack but again who needed an overlap with the caliber of Brazilian attackers.How I wish he can be tried in the Central defensive role. 8/10

AJAYI.
Nigeria has discovered another solid defender who despite his height is nimble footed,intelligent and sharp.His arial prowess is superb.A good attribute about him is that he is not a "defend and kick" defender like ekong and Omeruo.He can ball.Hardly do you see him make those silly defensive miss of the ball Ekong and Omeruo are now synonymous with occasionally.He needs more playtime with the Eagles though.My dream 5 and 6 should be Uwaziem/Ajayi 7.5/10 for AJAYI

Chukwueze
The kid sensation.No doubt presently our best attacking player.Intelligent,fast,great stamina and control.Only minus is his finishing which needs fine tunning.You could hear the gasp of anticipation from the spectators whenever the ball gets to him.He was never afraid to "forge"ahead whenever he gets hold of the ball just like he plays for Villarreal.He made the Brazilian left wing back who was equally good look ordinary.He was also coming back to support defence.No doubt he covered the grounds most for Nigeria in the match.
Alas,we are going to get a first World class player in this boy(bookmark this)8.5/10

ARIBOR.
2 goals in 2 matches for this exciting left footed player for Nigeria.Did you guys see the leg work that heralded his goal?He is not afraid to put forth his leg to get the goals(same in Ukraine's match)He can score,one attribute we are missing in our midfielders lately.His performance was good in the first half and final 3rd.He deserves a starting position in the Eagles. 7.5/10

UZOHO.

Many atimes,I seat back and wonder why he was not our first choice in Nations cup.
Confident,great height,hardly beaten on arial goal bound targets.Has improved on saving low bound targets.only flaws are dead balls(corner kicks, penalties and free kick) positioning and timing.which unfortunately resulted to his injury today.
Wishing him quick recovery. 7/10

OSIMEMHIN
The next best thing after slice bread.He has been prolific upfront for club this season.strong,fast and passionate.Coincidentally,his form and limelight picked up with the exit of Odion Ighallo.In the 6 goals attempt on goals against Brazil today he had 3 and also contributed in our goal build up.As long as he remains passionate and hardworking,since the talent is there,he will definitely go places.8/10

Collins : 6/10
Ekong: 6.5/10
Ndidi: 6.5/10
Iwobi: 5. 5/10 (disappointing)
Simon Moses: 6/10
Azeez (no much playtime):5/10
Bonaventure(no much playtime):5/10
OnuchusadNMPT)4/10
Reserve gollie(NMPT):5/10
Coach:7/10

I so love the way Chukwueze is developing at Villarreal. I like the fact that they are helping him to work on the defensive aspect of his game and being more of a team player and playmaker. He is heading in the right direction. He just needs to keep working hard and try to always get better. The day will come when he will EXPLODE.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply)

Benin Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifier - 0 - 1 (Full Time) / France Vs Croatia: Russia 2018 Final (4 - 2) On 15th July 2018 / Rio2016 Olympics: Nigeria Vs Germany - 0 - 2 On 19th August 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.