Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,851 members, 7,802,727 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

I Just Started Going To Church With My Fiancé, It’s Threatening My Relationship. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Just Started Going To Church With My Fiancé, It’s Threatening My Relationship. (3812 Views)

How Ladies Give My Fiancé 'Green Light' In My Presence, Not Minding My Ring / My Fiancé Disregards Me, How Do I Handle This? / My Fiancé’s Cousin Saw Me Naked.. He Started Calling Me Sweetheart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Started Going To Church With My Fiancé, It’s Threatening My Relationship. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 18, 2019
I and my fiancé started going to this church program that helps people with speaking in tongues disability. It’s an every weekend (Saturday’s and Sunday’s) program in one church like that. Which held for 2 months.

The “heaven must fall” prayers for that two month is very tiring mehn!!!

After praying we start saying things that are not. Particularly me. I have been saying plenty gibberish and still saying more to try call down the Holy Spirit to take over me and make me a speaking in tongue machine. I still can’t feel the Holy Spirit

I don tire. I want to open up to my fiancé about it. No more pretense. Anytime I deh do am, e deh do me like say I deh fool myself.

I don’t know what her reaction would be

Make I light weed first.

14 Likes

Re: I Just Started Going To Church With My Fiancé, It’s Threatening My Relationship. by daddytime(m): 5:47pm On Sep 18, 2019
Lol

Order one origin join the jamba I go pay

2 Likes

Re: I Just Started Going To Church With My Fiancé, It’s Threatening My Relationship. by Dasgoro: 5:54pm On Sep 18, 2019
stupidity:
I and my fiancé started going to this church program that helps people with speaking in tongues disability. It’s an every weekend (Saturday’s and Sunday’s) program in one church like that. Which held for 2 months.

After praying we start saying things that are not. Particularly me. I have been saying plenty gibberish and still saying more to try call down the Holy Spirit to take over me and make me a speaking in tongue machine. I still can’t feel the Holy Spirit

I don tire. I want to open up to my fiancé about it. No more pretense. Anytime I deh do am, e deh do me like say I deh fool myself.

Make I light weed first.

A marriage on such foundation will be rough... Dem force you to marry her... Better go marry your type.

8 Likes

Re: I Just Started Going To Church With My Fiancé, It’s Threatening My Relationship. by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 18, 2019
Dasgoro:

A marriage on such foundation will be rough... Dem force you to marry her... Better go marry your type.
my Type asin how? I should find a lady that cant ’speak in tongues like me? Is that it?
Re: I Just Started Going To Church With My Fiancé, It’s Threatening My Relationship. by fernandez1(m): 6:06pm On Sep 18, 2019
daddytime:
Lol

Order one origin join the jamba I go pay

Make him use one Benson stick cool am down grin

1 Like

Re: I Just Started Going To Church With My Fiancé, It’s Threatening My Relationship. by daddytime(m): 6:08pm On Sep 18, 2019
fernandez1:

Make him use one Benson stick cool am down grin

grin
Re: I Just Started Going To Church With My Fiancé, It’s Threatening My Relationship. by Emilycp(m): 6:22pm On Sep 18, 2019
stupidity:

Make I light weed first.
you still like your current lifestyle, id not you would change.
Re: I Just Started Going To Church With My Fiancé, It’s Threatening My Relationship. by TissuePaper: 6:30pm On Sep 18, 2019
Lol
Re: I Just Started Going To Church With My Fiancé, It’s Threatening My Relationship. by Samyj247: 6:35pm On Sep 18, 2019
that's how these churches lie to you. Speaking in tongues is not to be learned or forced. Don't deceive your self. Tell her that you guys are just been deceived

10 Likes

Re: I Just Started Going To Church With My Fiancé, It’s Threatening My Relationship. by Dasgoro: 6:50pm On Sep 18, 2019
stupidity:
my Type asin how? I should find a lady that cant ’speak in tongues like me? Is that it?

That you are very open with, and not scared that your sincerety will offend.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Started Going To Church With My Fiancé, It’s Threatening My Relationship. by LilMissFavvy(f): 7:19pm On Sep 18, 2019
What's the issue here? As long as you are a Godfearing man, which I believe is an attribute she needs in a partner, calm down on the ''speaking in tongues issue''. Tongues will fall on you in future when you least expect. Give her freedom to continue attending whatever church activities she desires, if such activities do bear fruits in her spiritual life.

1 Like

Re: I Just Started Going To Church With My Fiancé, It’s Threatening My Relationship. by 1stKing: 7:20pm On Sep 18, 2019
So being unable to speak in tongue is now a disability?
WE LEARN EVERY FKING DAY

5 Likes

Re: I Just Started Going To Church With My Fiancé, It’s Threatening My Relationship. by Oyenike01(f): 7:27pm On Sep 18, 2019
lol.....just release yourself and let the holy spirit take over...stop been up tight and start flowing in utterance.
Re: I Just Started Going To Church With My Fiancé, It’s Threatening My Relationship. by Funmmyastic: 7:43pm On Sep 18, 2019
1stKing:
So being unable to speak in tongue is now a disability?
WE LEARN EVERY FKING DAY

Lol.
Re: I Just Started Going To Church With My Fiancé, It’s Threatening My Relationship. by OgaVoltron: 8:00pm On Sep 18, 2019
This guy stories ehn cheesy By the way if your so called tongues doesn't entail speaking ,under anointing, an earthly language that isn't your native tongue/learnt, na total hubris you and all others dey do. Make una kontinu deceiving yourselves.
Re: I Just Started Going To Church With My Fiancé, It’s Threatening My Relationship. by united442(m): 8:38pm On Sep 18, 2019
Samyj247:
that's how these churches lie to you. Speaking in tongues is not to be learned or forced. Don't deceive your self. Tell her that you guys are just been deceived

very very true..

i went to one popular church and as a new comer, i was recognise and lectured, during the lecture, d ask us to speak in tongues, i was just looking at dem bcux i knw what the bible say's about it..the pastor said i shouldn't worry that i will learn it..

ever since that day, have not step foot there..

but o.p you funny, i sweargrin

1 Like

Re: I Just Started Going To Church With My Fiancé, It’s Threatening My Relationship. by drealcivilceno(m): 8:47pm On Sep 18, 2019
stupidity:

Make I light weed first.

Oga you did d right thing to lay the foundation of your relationship in God. Well, thing will happen sha but with everything do not forget this... "Only God Loves you, He will never leave you nor forget you".
Re: I Just Started Going To Church With My Fiancé, It’s Threatening My Relationship. by raphroye: 8:50pm On Sep 18, 2019
stupidity:

Make I light weed first.
Hahahahahaha...... I don laugh tire grin grin grin I would advise you to open up to your partner, so that you don't continue fooling yourself. Some churches force people to speak in tongues for speaking sake. They don't care if you're speaking gibberish
Re: I Just Started Going To Church With My Fiancé, It’s Threatening My Relationship. by Apination(m): 9:59pm On Sep 18, 2019
stupidity:

Make I light weed first.
Its a gift, not everyone is supposed to be able to do it. Stop going to places where you would be misled all in the name of fiancé undecided

1 Like

Re: I Just Started Going To Church With My Fiancé, It’s Threatening My Relationship. by extremelygolden: 10:16pm On Sep 18, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
What's the issue here? As long as you are a Godfearing man, which I believe is an attribute she needs in a partner, calm down on the ''speaking in tongues issue''. Tongues will fall on you in future when you least expect. Give her freedom to continue attending whatever church activities she desires, if such activities do bear fruits in her spiritual life.

My sister, that guy is not God fearing anything. He is rather high on weed than in the Holy Ghost. No wonder he's afraid of confessing 'his sins' to his fiancée. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Just Started Going To Church With My Fiancé, It’s Threatening My Relationship. by eleojo23: 10:32pm On Sep 18, 2019
Learning to speak in tongues? Wawuuu...shocked

This is more of legalism and fanatism...

I personally hate it...and women are easily deceived by these things...it's a pity
Re: I Just Started Going To Church With My Fiancé, It’s Threatening My Relationship. by Rosella1: 10:39pm On Sep 18, 2019
Just tell her how you feel... she might say that it's because you're not believing or doing it with your heart. Because we female species can be somehow. As long as you're noble and "God fearing" as women put on their criteria for an ideal man. Then the gift of the spirit will come,just continue to fellowship with the Holyspirit.

Errrmmm, please pass the blunt! grin
Re: I Just Started Going To Church With My Fiancé, It’s Threatening My Relationship. by ahahnow: 11:14pm On Sep 18, 2019
stupidity:

Make I light weed first.

Brother. You have been the online bold enough to speak up about it. It's all fake nobody is speaking in tongues.
Re: I Just Started Going To Church With My Fiancé, It’s Threatening My Relationship. by AstroG: 11:44pm On Sep 18, 2019
stupidity:

Make I light weed first.

OP you dy try ooh,them never born any woman wea go make me go to church against my will excluding my mom. All these church church mofos deceiving us with their pretentious lifestyle especially those choices e.t.c
Re: I Just Started Going To Church With My Fiancé, It’s Threatening My Relationship. by Callertunez: 11:50pm On Sep 18, 2019
Is it that your fiancé that barb gorimakpa Hope her hair has grown grin
Re: I Just Started Going To Church With My Fiancé, It’s Threatening My Relationship. by Collins4u1(m): 12:04am On Sep 19, 2019
Hahahahahahahahahah ah I just can't laugh �
Re: I Just Started Going To Church With My Fiancé, It’s Threatening My Relationship. by Offpoint: 12:14am On Sep 19, 2019
Naso dem gather for my head that day dey pray for over 2 hours sey I must speak in tongues... When I couldn't take it anymore, na him I stand up and I was like:

Abeg make una calm down, it took me 2 years to speak Hausa fluently, 4 years for Yoruba and 3 for Igbo. You can expect me to speak Tongue in 2 hours.... calm down abeg, na gradually.

4 Likes

Re: I Just Started Going To Church With My Fiancé, It’s Threatening My Relationship. by Nobody: 12:33am On Sep 19, 2019
I hope my brethren at winners chapel will learn.

My first day at winners, after service, they gather all of us wey come new go back of church.

As we reach, after introduction and the rest, they started forcing us 2 speak in tongues.....I felt embarrassed!

That was the last time I stepped feet in that winners chapel!

2 Likes

Re: I Just Started Going To Church With My Fiancé, It’s Threatening My Relationship. by LilMissFavvy(f): 4:02am On Sep 19, 2019
You are correct.....looks like he is deceiving the girl. Hmm.....dats why marriages of today keep having issues. The foundation of his relationship is on lies.
extremelygolden:

My sister, that guy is not God fearing anything. He is rather high on weed than in the Holy Ghost. No wonder he's afraid of confessing 'his sins' to his fiancée. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Just Started Going To Church With My Fiancé, It’s Threatening My Relationship. by Saintmary(f): 5:06am On Sep 19, 2019
eleojo23:
Learning to speak in tongues? Wawuuu...shocked

This is more of legalism and fanatism...

I personally hate it...and women are easily deceived by these things...it's a pity

Point of correction,
Women who have learnt nothing
They will see good churches where they speak the truth, yet they will keep flocking to charlatans because of greed and impatience.
Re: I Just Started Going To Church With My Fiancé, It’s Threatening My Relationship. by Saintmary(f): 5:09am On Sep 19, 2019
RyanD147:
I hope my brethren at winners chapel will learn.

My first day at winners, after service, they gather all of us wey come new go back of church.

As we reach, after introduction and the rest, they started forcing us 2 speak in tongues.....I felt embarrassed!

That was the last time I stepped feet in that winners chapel!
Next time, stop indicating that you are a new comer, you will avoid lots of BS.
Re: I Just Started Going To Church With My Fiancé, It’s Threatening My Relationship. by Nobody: 5:19am On Sep 19, 2019
Noted.
But u don’t see BS from some churches as a first timer, winners chapel own stood out.
Saintmary:

Next time, stop indicating that you are a new comer, you will avoid lots of BS.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How My Girl Frnd Confess To Me / She Is Using Waist Beads To Control My Friend / Is This Man The Biggest SIMP You Will See Today Or What?? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.