Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,711 members, 7,805,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

Repairs - Car Talk (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Repairs (55586 Views)

Who Repairs AUDI Cars In Nigeria? / Car Repairs You Should Never Try To Do Yourself. / Any Experience With Thermocool Generators (after Sales Repairs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 4:09pm On Nov 28, 2019
sacramento1212:

Yes I did that same Sunday and didn't get any response

I don't know what's been going on. I don't see any from Sunday can you submit again and let me know when you do? I'm trying to troubleshoot
Re: Repairs by sacramento1212: 4:13pm On Nov 28, 2019
radautoworks:

I don't know what's been going on. I don't see any from Sunday can you submit again and let me know when you do? I'm trying to troubleshoot

May be network issues, it happens. No need submitting again as i bought the Oil and did the service of the vehicle yesterday after awaiting response but to no avail.

Hopefully before next service due date, i will make contact early enough.

1 Like

Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 6:22pm On Nov 28, 2019
sacramento1212:

May be network issues, it happens. No need submitting again as i bought the Oil and did the service of the vehicle yesterday after awaiting response but to no avail.

Hopefully before next service due date, i will make contact early enough.

Okay
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 6:35pm On Nov 29, 2019
Re: Repairs by Joe4lv(m): 9:26pm On Nov 29, 2019
radautoworks:

Okay sir wink. That's exactly what we recommended and customer requested an estimate.

How much will it cost to install the automatic AC compressor in a 2012 Corolla?

If it is way billed out of Lagos for another to install, is there warranty cover for the compressor?
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 10:03pm On Nov 29, 2019
Joe4lv:

How much will it cost to install the automatic AC compressor in a 2012 Corolla?

If it is way billed out of Lagos for another to install, is there warranty cover for the compressor?

To have a warranty whether we do it or someone else, one just has to purchase the full kit not just the compressor. The kit includes New Compressor, Filter Drier, Expansion Valve, Oil, and O-Rings.

http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=ACC&partNumber=7741NK N273,258 with a 3 year warranty
Re: Repairs by Joe4lv(m): 5:35am On Nov 30, 2019
radautoworks:

To have a warranty whether we do it or someone else, one just has to purchase the full kit not just the compressor. The kit includes New Compressor, Filter Drier, Expansion Valve, Oil, and O-Rings.

http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=ACC&partNumber=7741NK N273,258 with a 3 year warranty

With this huge price for just materials for automatic AC, you still blame Nigerians for going for option manual?

Person no go fit buy only the compressor?
Re: Repairs by sacramento1212: 5:44am On Nov 30, 2019
Joe4lv:

With this huge price for just materials for automatic AC, you still blame Nigerians for going for option manual?

My Opinion: The main reason why many are going the route of manual is because of failure of compressor when there's a bad job done which manual can tolerate. Not necessarily about the cost because many out there aren't buying brand new parts.

I'm in no way defending the Quote though but Brand new OEM compressor even for manual is expensive. But considering the 3 years warranty, if i have funds, i will go ahead since an AC repair job on this type of compressor if not done well, usually fail.
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 8:17am On Nov 30, 2019
Joe4lv:

The difference in price between this and the compressor alone most times is less than 50k. You could probably import one yourself cheaper than what I'm quoting and IMO is better to do than manual.

Compressor alone http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=ACC&partNumber=T178322 N250,478 no warranty

It is also a lot cheaper than than having to replace one of those after the fact when they are bought individually. Yes, I still blame Nigerians because it's a case of penny wise and pound foolish.

Most people who come to us have already spent about 100-150k on the conversation. Then add the fact that the car starts misbehaving and the money they have spent trying to correct it. At the end of the day you've spent the same or more for a used, manual compressor and have other issues coming down the pipeline.

The reason for requiring the kit is that when only the compressor is done, a lot of times the system can't handle the new pressure and other things get damaged or even the new compressor gets damaged. Changing those components minimizes the chances of that happening. Also, if installed PROPERLY those compressors typically do not fail.

2 Likes

Re: Repairs by o9o9: 9:19am On Nov 30, 2019
radautoworks:

The difference in price between this and the compressor alone most times is less than 50k. You could probably import one yourself cheaper than what I'm quoting and IMO is better to do than manual.

Compressor alone http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=ACC&partNumber=T178322 N250,478 no warranty

Are you free today at least so i can bring my transmission issue?
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 10:33am On Nov 30, 2019
o9o9:

Are you free today at least so i can bring my transmission issue?

Transmission issues are best brought during the week because they take time.
Re: Repairs by o9o9: 12:28pm On Dec 01, 2019
radautoworks:

Transmission issues are best brought during the week because they take time.
Monday is fine to bring it in?
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 1:14pm On Dec 01, 2019
o9o9:

Monday is fine to bring it in?

Tuesday is ideal. Monday is usually catching up with backlog from Saturday and I already have a few transmission jobs waiting. Be prepared for the fact you will probably have to leave the car..
Re: Repairs by o9o9: 4:06pm On Dec 01, 2019
radautoworks:

Tuesday is ideal. Monday is usually catching up with backlog from Saturday and I already have a few transmission jobs waiting. Be prepared for the fact you will probably have to leave the car..

I don't mind that. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Repairs by erico2k2(m): 7:57pm On Dec 01, 2019
radautoworks:

Good evening Madam, what say you about shiping me Engine coolant to PHC?
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 9:31pm On Dec 01, 2019
erico2k2:

Good evening Madam, what say you about shiping me Engine coolant to PHC?

Shouldn't be a problem. Send request and Blessing will sort it out.

https://www.mrtransmissionmilexnigeria.com/parts-request
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 12:00am On Dec 04, 2019
Ford Edges single handedly keeping us in business tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EdStxy5kWY
Re: Repairs by codemaster2much: 10:16am On Dec 04, 2019
radautoworks:

American's car and reliability... Tsk tsk
Re: Repairs by o9o9: 11:12am On Dec 04, 2019
radautoworks:

Around...
Re: Repairs by Alfred2000: 2:09pm On Dec 04, 2019
Please dives an 08 camry. How much is the pump and converter?
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 3:05pm On Dec 04, 2019
o9o9:

Around...

Oh wow, was so busy with the girls I didn't see this.
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 3:06pm On Dec 04, 2019
Alfred2000:
Please dives an 08 camry. How much is the pump and converter?

Which pump and what engine size?
Re: Repairs by Alfred2000: 3:07pm On Dec 06, 2019
radautoworks:

Which pump and what engine size?
Oil pump and converter. Engine size 2GR v6
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 7:19pm On Dec 06, 2019
This is what a proper alignment covers... And we still charge only 10k

Re: Repairs by codemaster2much: 4:11am On Dec 07, 2019
I need a filler neck and radiation cap R and R job done for a toyota matrix 05, how much part and labour
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 5:00pm On Dec 09, 2019
codemaster2much:
I need a filler neck and radiation cap R and R job done for a toyota matrix 05, how much part and labour

Just saw this... https://www.mrtransmissionmilexnigeria.com/contactus

1 Like

Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 5:22pm On Dec 11, 2019
FYI, this is what original KYBs look like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thObxZob1DQ
Re: Repairs by thebigkendo(m): 7:05pm On Dec 11, 2019
radautoworks:
FYI, this is what original KYBs look like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thObxZob1DQ

Aunty Radu be shaking table grin grin

1 Like

Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 7:17pm On Dec 11, 2019
thebigkendo:

Aunty Radu be shaking table grin grin

It's what I do

Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 7:32pm On Dec 11, 2019
Re: Repairs by sultaan(m): 10:35pm On Dec 11, 2019
radautoworks:

But there was debris in the engine from(?), If there was a part failure it will be from the broken chain guides and that can happen in any engine over time.

You will get more Ford Edge than most shops because it is a very popular model and users know you are capable of fixing it.
There are Toyota out there with the same problems but, I guess it is very normal to hear people replace their Toyota engines now like the sound of a drop of water in the rain, but when lightening strike ooh ****.

By the way how many miles on the engine not Nigerian miles
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 7:05am On Dec 12, 2019
sultaan:

But there was debris in the engine from(?), If there was a part failure it will be from the broken chain guides and that can happen in any engine over time.

You will get more Ford Edge than most shops because it is a very popular model and users know you are capable of fixing it.
There are Toyota out there with the same problems but, I guess it is very normal to hear people replace their Toyota engines now like the sound of a drop of water in the rain, but when lightening strike ooh ****.

By the way how many miles on the engine not Nigerian miles

Honestly don't remember but it wasn't over 100k

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (30) (Reply)

Innoson & Dignitaries At His Daughter Chinazom's Traditional Wedding (Photos) / Miss Signage Designs For Innoson Vehicles, Shares Proposal / VP Osinbajo Drives Kona, Nigerian-Made Electric Car At #MadeInNigeria Exhibition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.