Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,184 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

Repairs - Car Talk (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Repairs (55640 Views)

Who Repairs AUDI Cars In Nigeria? / Car Repairs You Should Never Try To Do Yourself. / Any Experience With Thermocool Generators (after Sales Repairs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Repairs by Adaba0803(m): 12:00am On Apr 08, 2020
radautoworks:

No idea. We only deal in new. The car talk thread is probably better or the Toyota thread.

Thanks
Re: Repairs by Creamychris: 9:28am On Apr 08, 2020
radautoworks:
2014 (?) Mercedes GL was cutting off in motion. Frayed fuel pump wires were the culprit. Yet another customer who didn't have to buy any parts.

please I need help with my Benz W202 c240 V6 fuel pump. I recently got the ride about 3 weeks ago from some one in Abuja although I am yet to see the ride since I'm in calabar. My uncle handling the car informed me the car is jerking and won't move fast and sometimes do brake and quench, on further asking he said it the fuel pump, he brought a mechanic to check it though I don't know how good the mechanic is with Benz and he said we have to change fuel pump, fuel filter and coil (the coil aspect is what I don't understand as this is my first car). Please I need assistance with any good Benz engineer in Abuja to check the car out for me as I will be in Abuja immediately after the FG lock down to take the ride with me home. Thank you and awaiting a response. please help a brother, here is my contact 07087331090
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 3:13pm On Apr 08, 2020
Creamychris:

please I need help with my Benz W202 c240 V6 fuel pump. I recently got the ride about 3 weeks ago from some one in Abuja although I am yet to see the ride since I'm in calabar. My uncle handling the car informed me the car is jerking and won't move fast and sometimes do brake and quench, on further asking he said it the fuel pump, he brought a mechanic to check it though I don't know how good the mechanic is with Benz and he said we have to change fuel pump, fuel filter and coil (the coil aspect is what I don't understand as this is my first car). Please I need assistance with any good Benz engineer in Abuja to check the car out for me as I will be in Abuja immediately after the FG lock down to take the ride with me home. Thank you and awaiting a response. please help a brother, here is my contact 07087331090

Send suspect to me. I don't know of any techs in Abuja though I believe kingreignn, inception, banky3w or heaveybang might. Fellas?
Re: Repairs by Kingsley10000: 2:03pm On Apr 15, 2020
radautoworks:

Send suspect to me. I don't know of any techs in Abuja though I believe kingreignn, inception, banky3w or heaveybang might. Fellas?

Good day sir,I'm stanley from anambra but i live at Williams layout,Alimosho lagos state.Since this lockdown started,i have been having a lot of challenges financially.I'm a graduate,what i really need is job.Although there is a school that's promising me a teaching job,it was this covid that thwarted the.whole plan.What i need now is small money to buy garri and rice.
0064399204 union bank
Okafor Stanley Arinze Kingsly

Thanks for ur philanthropic and benevolent spirit.The sky will be ur starting point.
I pray for Gods protection to u and ur family
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 3:38am On Apr 17, 2020
Kingsley10000:

Good day sir,I'm stanley from anambra but i live at Williams layout,Alimosho lagos state.Since this lockdown started,i have been having a lot of challenges financially.I'm a graduate,what i really need is job.Although there is a school that's promising me a teaching job,it was this covid that thwarted the.whole plan.What i need now is small money to buy garri and rice.
0064399204 union bank
Okafor Stanley Arinze Kingsly

Thanks for ur philanthropic and benevolent spirit.The sky will be ur starting point.
I pray for Gods protection to u and ur family

Seen
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 6:48pm On May 13, 2020
WE'RE BAAAACKKK... sorta..

1 Like

Re: Repairs by Blackbishop(m): 10:34am On May 14, 2020
radautoworks:
WE'RE BAAAACKKK... sorta..

I sent a message a while back ma'am . To discus an idea ma. Please just hear me out and if you don't want anything to do with the idea I will gladly never bother you again
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 5:51pm On May 14, 2020
Blackbishop:

I sent a message a while back ma'am . To discus an idea ma. Please just hear me out and if you don't want anything to do with the idea I will gladly never bother you again

Please send again
Re: Repairs by Blackbishop(m): 8:08pm On May 14, 2020
radautoworks:

Please send again

I sent you an email ma.
Re: Repairs by Blackbishop(m): 8:48pm On May 15, 2020
[quote
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 8:59pm On May 15, 2020
Blackbishop:
[quote

Blaviva?
Re: Repairs by Blackbishop(m): 9:27pm On May 15, 2020
[quote author=radautoworks post=89590022][/quote]
Sorry ma'am I don't speak Persian
Re: Repairs by buzzetin(m): 8:45pm On May 19, 2020
[quote author=radautoworks post=89590022][/quote]
Please I need help in changing my 2005 Acura mdx transmission.
Please let me know if you can help me.
Thanks
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 9:49pm On May 19, 2020
buzzetin:

Please I need help in changing my 2005 Acura mdx transmission.
Please let me know if you can help me.
Thanks

What is the car doing that is causing you to change it? Do you have your own transmission because the only ones we sell are imported with one year warranty and with the rates are not cheap. Repairing might be better but we currently can't do rebuilds.
Re: Repairs by buzzetin(m): 10:44pm On May 19, 2020
radautoworks:

What is the car doing that is causing you to change it? Do you have your own transmission because the only ones we sell are imported with one year warranty and with the rates are not cheap. Repairing might be better but we currently can't do rebuilds.
Ok thanks.
It came like that
I was told the transmission is bad so it was shipped that way and I am taking delivery tomorrow
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 10:48pm On May 19, 2020
buzzetin:

Ok thanks.
It came like that
I was told the transmission is bad so it was shipped that way and I am taking delivery tomorrow

Did you already find another transmission? We won't be doing repairs for a while because of the virus.
Re: Repairs by buzzetin(m): 10:55pm On May 19, 2020
radautoworks:

Did you already find another transmission? We won't be doing repairs for a while because of the virus.
Yes I got luvinhubby from nl
She has a thread of Honda
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 12:29am On May 20, 2020
buzzetin:

Yes I got luvinhubby from nl
She has a thread of Honda

Good source! I can tell you what labor will be if you can wait for us to reopen
Re: Repairs by buzzetin(m): 1:04am On May 20, 2020
radautoworks:

Good source! I can tell you what labor will be if you can wait for us to reopen
She is doing labour and all so I am good
It is going over tomorrow to her shop.

1 Like

Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 1:52am On May 20, 2020
buzzetin:

She is doing labour and all so I am good
It is going over tomorrow to her shop.

Awesome!

1 Like

Re: Repairs by drakeskull(m): 8:56am On May 29, 2020
radautoworks:

Awesome!

What's the best Tyre for better gas mileage to use coming from a flat 225/40R18. I want something bigger cos of bad roads.

Thanks
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 1:36pm On May 29, 2020
drakeskull:

What's the best Tyre for better gas mileage to use coming from a flat 225/40R18. I want something bigger cos of bad roads.

Thanks

Bigger=worse gas mileage

1 Like

Re: Repairs by drakeskull(m): 3:04pm On May 29, 2020
radautoworks:

Bigger=worse gas mileage

Will 225/45 be a good option. The expansion slots on 3MB can crack rim so I want a bit taller tyre
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 3:46pm On May 29, 2020
drakeskull:

Will 225/45 be a good option. The expansion slots on 3MB can crack rim so I want a bit taller tyre

What car is this for? You really should just leave your current ones. The change is not worth the effort
Re: Repairs by drakeskull(m): 3:53pm On May 29, 2020
radautoworks:

What car is this for? You really should just leave your current ones. The change is not worth the effort

BMW E90. I moved to 225/45, lemme see if it will absorb more road shocks.
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 4:07pm On May 29, 2020
drakeskull:

BMW E90. I moved to 225/45, lemme see if it will absorb more road shocks.

Leave it alone
Re: Repairs by drakeskull(m): 5:51pm On May 29, 2020
radautoworks:

Leave it alone

Thank You
Re: Repairs by daudayodeji(m): 11:58am On May 30, 2020
Morning please I wanted to find out if you guys sell Map sensors for a Honda crv 2004. I tried the official line but it seems they are turned off
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 4:40pm On May 30, 2020
daudayodeji:
Morning please I wanted to find out if you guys sell Map sensors for a Honda crv 2004. I tried the official line but it seems they are turned off

Hello,

We are only doing e-sales currently that's why.

Yes, we carry the map sensor but it's not in stock in Lagos and with covid we are estimating 10 days or more for delivery.

http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=BWD&partNumber=EC7024 $119.94 2 year warranty
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 1:38am On May 31, 2020
With the increase in ordering used cars overseas, someone might find this information useful

https://news.yahoo.com/cars-most-likely-engine-rebuild-100013746.html

The common concern with cars as they age is dependability—not only that they may not get you to work one day but also that a catastrophic failure could cost thousands of dollars. Major problems are rare in general, but they do happen.

To understand how often such problems occurred, we analyzed data on older models from our Annual Autos Surveys to see which have the highest problem rates for major systems that often require expensive repairs.

Three problems areas stood out: engine, head gasket, and transmission. With some models, these problems occur with surprising frequency at a certain age and mileage.

Engine problems are among the greatest mechanical nightmares for their inconvenience, expense, and time to repair. We found that there are more than a dozen older models with problems serious enough to require engine rebuilds.

“Engine failure can be caused by many things,” says John Ibbotson, Consumer Reports’ chief mechanic. “Some engine rebuilds are needed due to low compression from worn piston rings, resulting in lack of power, misfiring, or excessive oil consumption, while others suffer from crankshaft or connecting rod bearing failure, signaled by a knocking sound.” Due to the difficulty and time required to rebuild an engine, often shops will replace the original engine with one that has been remanufactured.

An Audi A4 owner reported, “We have put over $12,000 into this car. Something breaks, we fix it. Something else breaks, we have to fix it. We are retirement age and cannot buy a new car.”

It can be a challenge finding the right shop to take on a major repair, which requires talent, time, and parts. A Mini Cooper owner wrote, “Cylinder number three failed while on the highway, at cruising speed. Not only is a replacement motor very expensive, but no local shop wants to do the job, because of the complexity.”

To help warn both current owners and used-car shoppers, we compiled a list of 10 models that stood out as having the most severe problems, as determined by frequency and cost.

They are presented below in rank order, starting with the one with the highest problem rate. We include the model year with the greatest problems (and when applicable, a range of years affected by this problem), the typical mileage range when the problem occurs, and where possible, we recommend similar alternative vehicles without this concern. If no alternatives are presented, that means similar cars had the same issue or another significant problem.

The journey to 200,000 miles can be a bumpy one, but it doesn't have to be if you start with a good, reliable car and properly maintain it, per the directions in the owner’s manual. Consumer Reports always recommends shoppers consult the reliability ratings, based on our large-scale member surveys, to predict the models that have better odds of being trouble-free. This detailed data can be found on our car model pages.

2010 Audi A4 2.0T
Model years affected: 2009-2010
Typical mileage: 107,000-153,000
Alternatives without this problem: 2008-2010 Lexus ES, 2008-2010 Infiniti G, 2009-2010 Acura TL

2008 Ford F-350 6.4L diesel
Typical mileage: 65,000-119,000
Alternatives: None

2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Typical mileage: 102,500-133,000
Alternatives without this problem: 2003-2004 Toyota Matrix

2008 Mini Cooper/Clubman
Model years affected: 2008-2009
Typical mileage: 122,000-129,500
Alternatives without this problem: 2008 Mazda3

2010 Chevrolet Equinox/GMC Terrain
Typical mileage: 84,500-108,500
Alternatives without this problem: 2008-2010 Honda CR-V, 2008-2010 Toyota RAV4

2006 Jeep Wrangler 2.4L
Typical mileage: Approximately 150,000
Alternatives without this problem: 2004-2008 Toyota 4Runner

2010 Cadillac SRX
Typical mileage: Approximately 130,000
Alternatives without this problem: 2008-2010 Lexus RX, 2010 Acura MDX

Typical mileage: Approximately 190,000
Alternatives without this problem: 2003-2005 Lexus RX

2006 Buick Lucerne
Typical mileage: 116,000-143,000
Alternatives without this problem: 2006 Lexus GS, 2004-2008 Toyota Avalon

2010 GMC Acadia
Typical mileage: 106,000-129,000
Alternatives without this problem: 2008-2010 Toyota Highlander
Re: Repairs by radautoworks: 6:34am On May 31, 2020
Schedule your appointment at https://www.mrtransmissionmilexnigeria.com/appointments[color=#000000]

Help us keep everyone safe and efficient by observing the following rules:

MUST wear a mask at all times
MUST remain in the lobby if waiting.
NO CASH PAYMENTS
Walk-ins will NOT BE ACCEPTED

We will be more than happy to take care of you if you keep us safe.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATRONAGE!
Re: Repairs by jaybim: 9:23am On Jun 19, 2020
Good morning ma'am...
My car is a 2004 Honda Civic
When I shift into drive "D" the car goes into"D3" instead though the stick remains physically in "D" position. The indicator on the instrument cluster shows its in "D3" and sometimes "2". I can also tell it's not shifting into overdrive when I try to get it up to speed, it revs louder and doesn't go beyond 80kph.
Sometimes it appears intermittently like it's slipping between "D" and "D3" while in motion.
Checked the transmission fluid and the colour and level check out, no leaks underneath too. The stick shifts smoothly between the gears.

Car has camshaft sensor code and
My instrument cluster needs changing as it malfunctions quite a bit but I don't expect this to have any effect on the workings of the transmission.

Please what could be wrong.
Tried to read up on it but couldn't find any information relating to this particular symptom.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (30) (Reply)

VP Osinbajo Drives Kona, Nigerian-Made Electric Car At #MadeInNigeria Exhibition / Man Takes Car For Servicing & Discovers These Animals In The Car (pics/video) / Modernised Hummer Jeep Spotted In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.