Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,081 members, 7,807,232 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

Adamawa Teacher, Pregnant 12-Year-Old Schoolgirl Are Lovers No Rape-NUT Chairman - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Adamawa Teacher, Pregnant 12-Year-Old Schoolgirl Are Lovers No Rape-NUT Chairman (31250 Views)

23-Year-Old US Lady Posed As 14-Year-Old Schoolgirl To Have Sex With Teen Boys / Man Who Took Pregnant 12-Year-Old Girlfriend To Hospital Charged With Rape / Teacher Rapes, Impregnates 12-Year-Old Schoolgirl In Adamawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adamawa Teacher, Pregnant 12-Year-Old Schoolgirl Are Lovers No Rape-NUT Chairman by asanwafo: 10:49am On Sep 19, 2019
Joshmodest:
This NUT chairman is either dumb or mentally impaired ....can u imagine somebody in charge of the hem of affairs of an education body , in the 21st century and not the caveman era ,calling a relationship between a teacher and a " 12 year old " ignorant girl " - a mutual relationship !
In some saner clines this is worse than rape , the teacher is a proper paedophile , cos I wonder what exactly would have attracted him to a 12 year old ! , He should be prosecuted for rape , and assaulting a minor ....the parents of the girl are clearly ignorant , myopic minded , highly uneducated , financially and mentally poor and very foolish , to allow such a relationship !
I sometimes wonder if the laws of the land , are only binding on the south, east and west , because the way this northerners are doing things like they're in a banana republic is alarming !!!!

Before writing rubbish, in Islam, what is the age of consent?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adamawa Teacher, Pregnant 12-Year-Old Schoolgirl Are Lovers No Rape-NUT Chairman by AfroBeatDiary: 11:02am On Sep 19, 2019
Kagarko:
Wetin we no go hear or see for naija?

NUT defending her erred member. Teachers Are Great! No Controversy!

May God defend the girls and boys affected by these ugly menace bedeviling children In the country.

God Bless Nigeria and Nigerians.
Seun, Lalasticla & Mynd44

smiley
Re: Adamawa Teacher, Pregnant 12-Year-Old Schoolgirl Are Lovers No Rape-NUT Chairman by Manred0(m): 11:02am On Sep 19, 2019
DesChyko:

Nah. I think he's on point.
It's permitted in their religion.

The problem is the religion which has laws that permits girls even younger to indulge in such.

See below 'a leader's' opinion
you are a very stupid person, you don't even read the story completely. But you rushed to post nonsense for you to get likes. The person involved was a Christian

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adamawa Teacher, Pregnant 12-Year-Old Schoolgirl Are Lovers No Rape-NUT Chairman by Yankee101: 11:07am On Sep 19, 2019
Northern Nigeria still living in the stone age with underage relations
Re: Adamawa Teacher, Pregnant 12-Year-Old Schoolgirl Are Lovers No Rape-NUT Chairman by Cheryphb: 11:07am On Sep 19, 2019
Whether it was rape or mutual, what the law says is that anybody below the age of 18years his/she deem not to have full understanding of what they are doing until they reach that maturity age stipulated by the law which is 18 years of age. According to the law of the land Mr Nathan or Mr Yusuf had eaten a forbidden fruit because the girl's in this case is not acceptable to the law. Well I will agree with the comrade, it wasn't rape, defilement will be in other and I believe defilement carries much weight than rape. Some certain region still need to be taught interpretation of our law.
timtunday:
The Adamawa State chapter of the Nigeria Union of Teachers (NUT) has refuted a media report that a teacher identified as Nathan (surname withheld) raped a 12-year-old schoolgirl in Namtari village of Yola South in Adamawa State.

The chairman of the union in the state, Comrade Rodney Nathan, speaking with Tribune Online at the union’s secretariat in Yola, said the claims made by Adamawa Police command, Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), was premature, as according to him, “Proper investigations were not carried out before going to the press.”

Comrade Rodney told Tribune Online that the relationship between the teacher in Adamawa State and the schoolgirl was a known one to the parents of the girl and the society (Namtari) at large.

He said that as of the time, Mr Yusuf was arrested, the keys to his room were with the girl in question, which he said suggested that the duo were consciously engaged in a mutual relationship.

However, while condemning rape as a crime, he vowed to decisively deal with any teacher found in the act.

The NUT chairman contended that “one cannot call a mutual relationship between a schoolgirl and her teacher who are mutually in love a rape case.”

He said from the report submitted by a panel of enquiry set up by NUT to investigate the matter, it became known that the schoolgirl, a student of Government Secondary School (GSS), and Nathan, a primary school teacher in Namtari, had been lovers for at least, six months.

Also, the NUT chairman the investigation committee’s report revealed that the schoolgirl “is carrying a six-month pregnancy, an indication that a long term relationship had existed between the teacher and the schoolgirl.”

The NUT chairman, further queried the claims be security agents, as he asked: “At what point did the rape take place, was it six months ago, or now that it was discovered the schoolgirl is carrying a six-month pregnancy?

Comrade Rodney blamed the parents of the minor for encouraging the relationship, as it was reported that the accused teacher was always in her house and her parents were aware of the relationship.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/tribuneonlineng.com/alleged-rape-adamawa-teacher-12-year-old-schoolgirl-are-lovers-nut-chairman/amp/
Re: Adamawa Teacher, Pregnant 12-Year-Old Schoolgirl Are Lovers No Rape-NUT Chairman by Soulmender: 11:11am On Sep 19, 2019
UceeGod:

Most of you guys didn't read the story. He didn't defend the teacher, he only flayed the Civil Defense for not making investigation before concluding a rape case.

Any sexual relationship with a minor is rape.
Re: Adamawa Teacher, Pregnant 12-Year-Old Schoolgirl Are Lovers No Rape-NUT Chairman by faithfull18(f): 11:12am On Sep 19, 2019
Re: Adamawa Teacher, Pregnant 12-Year-Old Schoolgirl Are Lovers No Rape-NUT Chairman by carinmom(f): 11:17am On Sep 19, 2019
GoldHorse:
Sentiments apart this is not rape as in forcefully having carnal knowledge of someone. Yes, because of the the age we can call it statutory rape but again, can we?

The parents are supposed to be in the know. It's left for the court decide if is statutory rape or its allowed under their culture or religion or both. At least we know that somehow consent was given by the parents and the girl (though technically illegal).

Is it not in Nigeria that a senator claimed it is allowed under sharia law?!

We should not twist the point the NUT chairman was making. Some are already doing that.

Why are you guys bringing in shari'a into this matter, is Nathan the teacher a Muslim, both the teacher and the student are Christians, so why bring in shari'a law into crime perpetrated by Christians just because it happened in Adamawa, is Adamawa a state populated by Muslims alone, are there not Christians?

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Teacher, Pregnant 12-Year-Old Schoolgirl Are Lovers No Rape-NUT Chairman by Wallade(m): 11:17am On Sep 19, 2019
Duggedised12:
The age of sexual consent in Nigeria is 11 years Know the law before the outrage. So at best its not statutory rape. This is why your senators marry 13 year olds and get away with it.

Well, your point is noted, especially given that Nigeria has the lowest age of consent in the world. This can only escape statutory rape in the Nigeria but no where else in the world.

However, I think the law should be reviewed in respect of age of consent in Nigeria. You should be advocating such change especially being a concerned lady.
Re: Adamawa Teacher, Pregnant 12-Year-Old Schoolgirl Are Lovers No Rape-NUT Chairman by seanjy4konji: 11:19am On Sep 19, 2019
Wel done...

thats why majority of those hausa girls in uni under 18 years...you can out a whole fis in their toto and they wont cringe...

you will even out tthree fingers in anus while the fist is in toto and its still business as usual.
Re: Adamawa Teacher, Pregnant 12-Year-Old Schoolgirl Are Lovers No Rape-NUT Chairman by Duggedised12(f): 11:19am On Sep 19, 2019
Wallade:

Well, your point is noted, especially given that Nigeria has the lowest age of consent in the world. This can only escape statutory rape in the world but no where else in the world.
The outrage should be directed at our lawmakers ,they are the real monsters who set the rules only to favor them.
Re: Adamawa Teacher, Pregnant 12-Year-Old Schoolgirl Are Lovers No Rape-NUT Chairman by abdulkayus(m): 11:22am On Sep 19, 2019
careytommy37:
Can't blame the NUT chairman sha o, age of consent for muslims is 11 years according to Nigeria's constitution.

FYI, both the teacher and the girl are all Christians.
Re: Adamawa Teacher, Pregnant 12-Year-Old Schoolgirl Are Lovers No Rape-NUT Chairman by Wallade(m): 11:25am On Sep 19, 2019
Duggedised12:
The outrage should be directed at our lawmakers ,they are the real monsters who set the rules only to favor them.

I see you are a Moslem. It will be interesting to have people like you champion the advocacy for review of the consent age.

It is a Moslem religious ideology that was deliberately introduced to the Nigerian laws.
Re: Adamawa Teacher, Pregnant 12-Year-Old Schoolgirl Are Lovers No Rape-NUT Chairman by BabaIbo: 11:27am On Sep 19, 2019
175:
What kind of headline is this? Pregnant or impregnate grin grin angry sad cool shocked coolangry

The op should have used "and" instead of "comma"... i.e the teacher and pregnant girl are lovers

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Teacher, Pregnant 12-Year-Old Schoolgirl Are Lovers No Rape-NUT Chairman by Duggedised12(f): 11:28am On Sep 19, 2019
Wallade:

I see you are a Moslem. It will be interesting to have people like you champion the advocacy for review of the consent age.
i am not a Muslim o, lol disregard that thing on my profile, na strong head carry me enter Muslim thread lol.
Re: Adamawa Teacher, Pregnant 12-Year-Old Schoolgirl Are Lovers No Rape-NUT Chairman by Wallade(m): 11:32am On Sep 19, 2019
Duggedised12:
i am not a Muslim o, lol disregard that thing on my profile, na strong head carry me enter Muslim thread lol.

Really, Nairaland has so much room for people willing to express their views in masks. The strong head still dey work you abi
Re: Adamawa Teacher, Pregnant 12-Year-Old Schoolgirl Are Lovers No Rape-NUT Chairman by Duggedised12(f): 11:36am On Sep 19, 2019
Wallade:

Really, Nairaland has so much room for people willing to express their views in masks. The strong head still dey work you abi

sorry ,rephrase
Re: Adamawa Teacher, Pregnant 12-Year-Old Schoolgirl Are Lovers No Rape-NUT Chairman by GoldHorse(m): 11:38am On Sep 19, 2019
carinmom:

Why are you guys bringing in shari'a into this matter, is Nathan the teacher a Muslim, both the teacher and the student are Christians, so why bring in shari'a law into crime perpetrated by Christians just because it happened in Adamawa, is Adamawa a state populated by Muslims alone, are there not Christians?

The sharia "mention" wasn't brought inside. It was just mentioned with major reference to the Senator's claim on the age of his bride. What I brought in was the court. Read my comments again without the religious angle you are trying to put into it. I am neither an atheist or favorably disposed to all your xtain and Muslim arguments. Those are for people with "rural" mentalities.

And you can't actually call this a crime yet madam. There are many technicalities involved. The main one being the age of the girl involved. And I said the court, after having considered technicalities like the age, culture, religion, parents involvement, etc will decide if it's a crime.
Re: Adamawa Teacher, Pregnant 12-Year-Old Schoolgirl Are Lovers No Rape-NUT Chairman by Wallade(m): 11:39am On Sep 19, 2019
Duggedised12:
sorry ,rephrase

Don't tell me you didn't get the gist
Re: Adamawa Teacher, Pregnant 12-Year-Old Schoolgirl Are Lovers No Rape-NUT Chairman by olisaEze(m): 11:42am On Sep 19, 2019
UceeGod:

Most of you guys didn't read the story. He didn't defend the teacher, he only flayed the Civil Defense for not making investigation before concluding a rape case.

It’s statutory rape when you have carnal knowledge of a minor, according to our constitution.

But then, the constitution of the north & south has never been the same. How do u think this would have gone down if it was an Emir’s daughter?
Re: Adamawa Teacher, Pregnant 12-Year-Old Schoolgirl Are Lovers No Rape-NUT Chairman by GoldHorse(m): 11:43am On Sep 19, 2019
carinmom:

Oh well! Madam see the attached. People who know more than me have even cleared the air. This is no crime. The man can enjoy his wife to be. Sharia or no sharia.

Re: Adamawa Teacher, Pregnant 12-Year-Old Schoolgirl Are Lovers No Rape-NUT Chairman by olisaEze(m): 11:46am On Sep 19, 2019
GoldHorse:

Oh well! Madam see the attached. People who know more than me have even cleared the air. This is no crime. The man can enjoy his wife to be. Sharia or no sharia.

Yes, consent from the parents and not the minor. Kindly look it up in the constitution.
Re: Adamawa Teacher, Pregnant 12-Year-Old Schoolgirl Are Lovers No Rape-NUT Chairman by Duggedised12(f): 11:48am On Sep 19, 2019
Wallade:

Don't tell me you didn't get the gist
nope
Re: Adamawa Teacher, Pregnant 12-Year-Old Schoolgirl Are Lovers No Rape-NUT Chairman by Bellotelli: 11:54am On Sep 19, 2019
DesChyko:

Nah. I think he's on point.
It's permitted in their religion.

The problem is the religion which has laws that permits girls even younger to indulge in such.

See below 'a leader's' opinion
Where you got it this time is that the teacher is a Christian. Pls nex time try nd read b4 jumping into conclusion.
Re: Adamawa Teacher, Pregnant 12-Year-Old Schoolgirl Are Lovers No Rape-NUT Chairman by Wallade(m): 11:58am On Sep 19, 2019
Duggedised12:
nope

Read it again till you get the gist. I trust you can get it; I didn't use any code in my statement.
Re: Adamawa Teacher, Pregnant 12-Year-Old Schoolgirl Are Lovers No Rape-NUT Chairman by Duggedised12(f): 11:59am On Sep 19, 2019
Wallade:

Read it again till you get the gist. I trust you can get it; I didn't use any code in my statement.
today is one of those days, i have headache.
Re: Adamawa Teacher, Pregnant 12-Year-Old Schoolgirl Are Lovers No Rape-NUT Chairman by Jabioro: 11:59am On Sep 19, 2019
Is there any other bad deeds remained to be defended by this motherfuckers body....I am tired of this country
Re: Adamawa Teacher, Pregnant 12-Year-Old Schoolgirl Are Lovers No Rape-NUT Chairman by beresponsible(m): 12:07pm On Sep 19, 2019
sankky:
I am asking this question for the umpteenth time : why is it that if it was a southerner that did this, he will be arrested for rape or child abuse but when its a northerner, it will be called romance?
The teacher's name is Nathan. Is that a northern name? Who says he's not a southerner?
Re: Adamawa Teacher, Pregnant 12-Year-Old Schoolgirl Are Lovers No Rape-NUT Chairman by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 19, 2019
Hedonisco:
One more evidence to show that the primitive North and the enlightened South are not compatible. This forced Union between North and South is a grave injustice.

Primitive North? Hmm , to be ruled by so called primitive persons for over 4 decades makes me wonder if your statement is logical.

Me thinks the south is rather primitive, primitive beings never rule enlightened ones , never.

Arguments should be based on facts not sentiments, look at your so called NDDC, over a decade in the South yet not one completed legacy project to show for its existence. You wont see that one and talk o. angry

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Teacher, Pregnant 12-Year-Old Schoolgirl Are Lovers No Rape-NUT Chairman by Moahmed: 12:13pm On Sep 19, 2019
mercyvivv:
Haaa, this is so astonishing! So, even the NUT chairman subscribes to child marriage, or what is he saying?! Is high time people gets jail time for certain callously statements o!!
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and other resource. Check my signature for details.

Guy I served in Adamawa 2002/2003.the rate at which teachers knack their student tire me. Teachers dey even ask corpers the number of student dem wack the thing tire me.
Re: Adamawa Teacher, Pregnant 12-Year-Old Schoolgirl Are Lovers No Rape-NUT Chairman by chubinwa(m): 12:21pm On Sep 19, 2019
Whether consensual sex or not, 12yr old girl is still premature for such intimacy. He should be dealt with constitutionally to serve as a deterrent to others who have same amorous advancement for underage children

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Bomb Blasts Rock Maiduguri / Civil Engineer Shot Dead By Policeman On His Way To His Hometown In Kogi(pics) / Three Women Caught Stealing Laptop In A Store In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.