Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,350 members, 7,780,946 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:04 AM

Facility T - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Facility T (648 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facility T by purples25(f): 2:34am On Sep 19, 2019
The eagle flew in the barren blue skies above the desert, and the gaze of a doomed man followed.

" Today may be the day i die" he said aloud. " But at least i die doing something as good as my brother did, not dying in vain "

A hard, weather beaten man by his side nodded and for a moment , they gazed at each other, then turned back to look at the sunny, ever blue, pitiless sky with no clouds.

Two old men sat at a dry table across from them. Between them they twirled a dusty blue stone on its sharp tip. Depending on the side it landed, one of them would be the first to join the group of defenders for Facility T, and that man eventually die in conflict.

It was like a symbol. A gamble in the middle of oncoming doom. A blue stone patterned with desert dust, twirling.

1 Like

Re: Facility T by purples25(f): 2:41am On Sep 19, 2019
BACK IN TIME.

MENSAV DESERT. . AD.

Black Joe looked over the desert as the darkness slowly crept over it. The desert - beautiful , like a dream, yet so deadly, like a serpent. He took in its deceptive serenity with his brown eyes.

In its emptiness, one could decieve himself that all was peace, that there was no human conflict existed, all around was peace. But in truth, the world was full of blood and it cried. The blood cried.

All over now, in Africa, Europe, Israel and round the world generally, there was war. A worse war this time. A war using viruses and machines , some half human and some more intelligent than humans that killed with speed. A war like this must result in dire consequences, but what was emerging was more horrible than what had been in World War 1 and 2.

Who are the ones to suffer the effects of the war most, who are the worst affected casualties ? The children. However the new set of casualties were not just hunger and disease ridden kids battling with kwashiokor and the like

1 Like

Re: Facility T by purples25(f): 3:18am On Sep 19, 2019
This was worse.

The war had birthed a new monster within the children. The victims of war, and they came forth with the reincarnated souls of the slain, filled with vengeance and tainted with a thirst for new blood. A new evil had taken over.

This set of children all over the world now had what you could call 'supernatural powers' . Infected with viruses from machine parts combined with their bodies, and other war weapons which were biological and released into nature, they had survived and were no longer normal. The children now abnormally intelligent, like machines. They had the ability now to see the future few minutes before it came to be. They could analyse peoples characters and determine what they could do before it happened. Like a paradox, an upside down miracle, they became the first humans to have no trace of germs or diseases within them and to survive just like that. There were a few disadvantages though.

The children could detect weakness of any sort in any being within seconds.

1 Like

Re: Facility T by purples25(f): 3:36am On Sep 19, 2019
Since they could read thoughts, they detected any threat to them before the second it approached. Here was where the madness of the gift lay.

The virus/defect or whatever it could be called had caused them to have a defence reaction whenever danger was sensed. Now, if these children detected anything, they would become extremely hostile and within five minutes, like a natural and uncontrollable reaction, they killed.

They had become dangerous death machines and were now determined to be more hazardous than useful. Soldiers shot at them on the spot, parents and bewildered citizens killed the children of their countries faster than wind , because they were afraid. Afraid that the children would see the weakness in them and end them with the lightning speed of a wrath from above.

Black Joe thought of these things, and he felt the dry caress of sand between his open fingers. The remorse for the children would ever be more than the sand in the desert.
Re: Facility T by purples25(f): 4:04am On Sep 19, 2019
In the distance, he saw three shadows steadily approach in his direction. They seemed untouched by the scourges of the desert. But this was only because, he knew, two of those shadows belonged to creatures that seemed human enough, seemed handsome enough, but were mutants created by the war. Their bodies were mixtures of human and machine parts. Between them, a human creature of medium height. Another war child, he thought.

They reached him within an hour, without a sign of weakness in them, at an unnatural speed for normal humans. He stood rigidly before the facility, his tall and muscular body appearing like a large dark shadow in the evening atmosphere.

" Mr Black " one of the men called to him in a deep voice. They shoved the child between them forward. " They brought another. "

The child, despite being known for what he or she was, had been affectionately attired in clothing that was undoubtedly supposed to help protect those travelling in the desert.

1 Like

Re: Facility T by purples25(f): 4:34am On Sep 19, 2019
The child looked up at him and at that moment he knew, that despite all the fond gestures extended by the agents responsible for bringimg this one to him, there would always be memories of terror. Memories of killing on command, loved ones, without being able to stop. Running from bullets, running from grenades, running from terror but unable to truly escape because the monster was in you.
Stories lurked in the childs grey eyes and he didn't want to know. A knowing look, a glint of madness or mischief entered those eyes as they gazed upon him. A female voice issued forth.

" You are the leader of Facility T, one of the numerous facilities created to protect and cater to the needs of abnormals like me. I trust i will be safe here. " Her gaze on him was steady, but he could see the fear within her eyes.
" That you are right about, my child " he paused and smiled at her. Then he squatted down and looked at her more directly. "But for once, you are wrong about one thing.You are not abnormal. And you are home"

1 Like

Re: Facility T by DrayZee: 5:55pm On Sep 19, 2019
purples25:

" That you are right about, my child " he paused and smiled at her. Then he squatted down and looked at her more directly. "But for once, you are wrong about one thing.You are not abnormal. And you are home"
Nice story...giving me some Maze Runner vibes. Is there more of this?
Re: Facility T by purples25(f): 6:10pm On Sep 19, 2019
DrayZee:

Nice story...giving me some Maze Runner vibes. Is there more of this?

plenty more ....

I dreamt this entire story last night lol. Like a vision. Started writing by two or so, once i woke up.

1 Like

Re: Facility T by DrayZee: 10:06pm On Sep 19, 2019
purples25:

plenty more ....

I dreamt this entire story last night lol. Like a vision. Started writing by two or so, once i woke up.
Wowwww! You got this beautiful story in your sleep? Crazy. Hope it wasn't scary cheesy
Keep me updated please...this is really nice.
Re: Facility T by purples25(f): 10:11pm On Sep 19, 2019
DrayZee:

Wowwww! You got this beautiful story in your sleep? Crazy. Hope it wasn't scary cheesy
Keep me updated please...this is really nice.

Definately will keep you up to date. It was not scary, it was like a movie

1 Like

Re: Facility T by purples25(f): 9:52pm On Nov 01, 2019
CONTINUATION :

The child gazed at him and then behind him. The building in front of which they stood was almost like a miracle in the middle of nowhere. Made with the highest tech and skill , not to talk of enviable rescources, it seemed to be made of glass, which was only an illusion. It reflected the beautiful hues of the sunset and had a structure similar to a fortress. Even the steps leading up to it were beautiful in their plain, simple way. Joe watched the new member stare away and the smile did not leave his face. He knew that Facility T was much more tougher than it looked, the initial beauty only meant to be a distraction that confused outsiders.

Inside, he and the other two led the girl to the relaxation lounge located at the female section of the building. The walls were white but cosy blue and pink lights reflected off them from the sides of the small white tables. There were patterns which seemed to be etched into the walls and floors that glowed with colours, artificial plants lit up.

1 Like

Re: Facility T by purples25(f): 10:31pm On Nov 01, 2019
"Its a kids haven " he said to her as they sat down on comfy white chairs. She looked around, clearly still fascinated, and said nothing. Joe shrugged. " Well, we tried our best to make it so. There are large pools, play areas, party spots. Virtually like a city in here. But thats not the only thing we want for you, child." The girls gaze was directed on him fully, once again.

" As you have already seen with your special abilities, we have training centers and experts dedicated to helping you gain more control over your powers. This way you would be able to live without the fear of unleashing death upon others without a choice." He leaned in closer and continued in a lower tone. " The children of this world have suffered, and they have changed, but they can be healed - the world just needs to believe. Athetica will lead you to your room and show you all the sections. " Many girls dressed in white robes had been playing or talking around them but now, an older woman with long black hair stepped forward.
Re: Facility T by purples25(f): 11:19pm On Nov 01, 2019
Athetica certainly was older than the children but not "old" - she was a young adult, about twenty two years. Her dark eyes and smile radiated with genuine affection and warmth. " Hello, Mr Joe ." she nodded to the other two who were still standing. They silently acknowledged her greeting.

Her right hand stretched out in a friendly gesture, towards the child. " Nice to meet you dear. Like Mr Joe said, i'm Athetica. Whats your name? " The girl looked up and the hostility seemed to drain away from her face, as she searched the young woman's thoughts and found them pure. " Before they put a tag on me and called me B897- 64H , i had a real name." An expression of pain showed on the girls face as she remembered her former life of terrors. " My old name was Nomi " .

Athetica held Nomi's hands, raised her up and led her up a set of spiral stairs, while Joe and the other two men excused themselves. Halfway up, she turned to Nomi, looking serious. " No one will ever call you by a code name again, Nomi. "

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Inufin Ayomide D’great – Poetry For Royalty / Freelance Writing Community-share Writing Tips,experiences And Learn / Earn More Selling Imported Books!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.