Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,943 members, 7,806,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Several Women (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Several Women (Photo) (21616 Views)

EFCC Arrests Sanij-D For Duping Briton £9,300, American $2,000 / Man Who Purposely Infected Several Women With HIV In Maryland / Nigerian Man And His Indian Girlfriend Arrested For Duping Job Applicants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Several Women (Photo) by Mutteeme: 10:06am On Sep 19, 2019
A Nigerian man identified as Nonso George Okafor has been arrested by India’s Cyber Crime Cell for allegedly duping several women of money by pretending to be a wealthy foreigner. According to a police statement, Okafor used to talk to women for weeks, promising gifts, marriage, and a comfortable life and later dupe them.

“The accused sent gifts to unsuspecting victims and then the women would get a call from a person pretending to be a customs official saying the gift has been held for customs violations and that she has to pay a clearance charge or fine to receive it,” the statement said.

Once the victim transferred the money, the accused disappeared, it said. The accused used profile pictures and information of doctors, engineers and fashion designers living abroad to create new identities to con his victims. “Okafor usually targeted single women around the age of 30, divorcees or disabled persons,” it added.

https://all-gists..com/2019/09/nigerian-man-arrested-in-india-for-allegedly-duping-several-women-.html

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Several Women (Photo) by Mutteeme: 10:11am On Sep 19, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Several Women (Photo) by Criticaltemp: 10:17am On Sep 19, 2019
The hussle is real.. He was only trying to use his brains to survival.. This men should free him joor

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Several Women (Photo) by FreeConCiencE: 10:17am On Sep 19, 2019
Our bloda from the yeast who are topographically flat at the topmost floor will not stop disgracing Nigeria.

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Several Women (Photo) by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 19, 2019
Why are they holding hands like chosen prayer warriors??
Abi ama blind? cheesy

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Several Women (Photo) by Badonasty(m): 10:17am On Sep 19, 2019
Mutteeme:
A Nigerian man identified as Nonso George Okafor has been arrested by India’s Cyber Crime Cell for allegedly duping several women of money by pretending to be a wealthy foreigner. According to a police statement, Okafor used to talk to women for weeks, promising gifts, marriage, and a comfortable life and later dupe them.

“The accused sent gifts to unsuspecting victims and then the women would get a call from a person pretending to be a customs official saying the gift has been held for customs violations and that she has to pay a clearance charge or fine to receive it,” the statement said.

Once the victim transferred the money, the accused disappeared, it said. The accused used profile pictures and information of doctors, engineers and fashion designers living abroad to create new identities to con his victims. “Okafor usually targeted single women around the age of 30, divorcees or disabled persons,” it added.

https://all-gists..com/2019/09/nigerian-man-arrested-in-india-for-allegedly-duping-several-women-.html

I didn't even need to read the whole story before I know say na our brothers from the land of the setting sun

36 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Several Women (Photo) by 175(m): 10:17am On Sep 19, 2019
Hmmmm Indian cyber crimes cell looks friendly ooo lol

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Several Women (Photo) by crafteck(m): 10:18am On Sep 19, 2019
Why d east de always represent.. Y is it recurrent, na una de do cult fight, drugs, etc the most, other tribes have issues to but una own na over and over, its time you had biafra, time your parents stop comparing children you haven't spent money training to others that came across sudden wealth, stop worshipping money, make the igbo race great again, I grew knowing igbo race to display lots of pride in their hand work and cultural heritage, most of these points are valid for all tribes in naija except hausa/fulani which I don't understand, let's make naija make sense again

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Several Women (Photo) by livebyday(m): 10:18am On Sep 19, 2019
Crime doesn't pay live an honest legit lifestyle and have peace of heart and mind

Life has too many issues for you to add curses from your victims to it.

Cheers

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Several Women (Photo) by ArticleBeast: 10:18am On Sep 19, 2019
What is the problem with Igbo people in diaspora? Is this what biafra is all about? Kanu and the Ohaneze group should do something about this before it tarnishes the view of the great Igbo people and culture

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Several Women (Photo) by Stephenfowoyo(m): 10:19am On Sep 19, 2019
Most reasons why people get scammed with something like this is because of greed

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Several Women (Photo) by wwwihy: 10:19am On Sep 19, 2019
Nigerian or Biafran?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Several Women (Photo) by sheungeek(m): 10:19am On Sep 19, 2019
another xenophobia loading
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Several Women (Photo) by MacBan: 10:19am On Sep 19, 2019
cheesy cheesy grin grin grin this our blodas self .... keep destroying the zero reputation we got left.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Several Women (Photo) by biobab23(m): 10:19am On Sep 19, 2019
Lol who get dis head so? Hope no b say my guy wan develop dos ladies n Indian loool useless pple and if u check him pple wella den sabi blame buhari n government for all there problems

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Several Women (Photo) by nairalanduseles: 10:19am On Sep 19, 2019
Igbo amaka

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Several Women (Photo) by drey076(m): 10:19am On Sep 19, 2019
Na them, not surprise all

but why dem com hold the guy like say dem be friends

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Several Women (Photo) by amiibaby(f): 10:19am On Sep 19, 2019
Naija I hail thee
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Several Women (Photo) by Ngwamankillyou(m): 10:19am On Sep 19, 2019
Who remember that R KELLY music, hold my hand.
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Several Women (Photo) by kestolove95(m): 10:20am On Sep 19, 2019
Na dem...awon flat head developers

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Several Women (Photo) by Fideo(m): 10:20am On Sep 19, 2019
embarassed I try as much as possible not to check name but am so sorry I can't help it cry

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Several Women (Photo) by spiceadole: 10:20am On Sep 19, 2019
I knew he will be a flat head..
Even before opening the thread.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Several Women (Photo) by Ucbiu(m): 10:20am On Sep 19, 2019
Why are they holding hands like say they are shooting hollywood grin

Biafra again.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NDLEA Intercepts 3million Opioid Caps At Lagos Terminal; 8,613kg Loud / Redeemers University Student Arrested For Death Of Suspected Gay Banker / Abayomi Shogunle Defends SARS: "I Traveled On Road For 3hrs & No one Stopped Me"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.