Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,118 members, 7,807,380 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

House Of Representatives Orders CBN To Suspend Cashless Policy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Of Representatives Orders CBN To Suspend Cashless Policy (25762 Views)

Stop Payment To MDA's Till Further Notice, Tinubu Orders CBN / House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit / Buhari Orders CBN To Blacklist Importers Of Palm Oil, 42 Other Items (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Of Representatives Orders CBN To Suspend Cashless Policy by nonxo007(m): 5:54pm On Sep 19, 2019
ForeThinker:
Senate still dey ?
Yes, though they are still on recess but would be resuming next week.

1 Like

Re: House Of Representatives Orders CBN To Suspend Cashless Policy by renewable1(m): 5:55pm On Sep 19, 2019
They better do

Get our 1kva complete solar power system today for just 140k. 6hours back up time...

CHECK MY SIGNATURE NOW
Re: House Of Representatives Orders CBN To Suspend Cashless Policy by PassingShot(m): 5:56pm On Sep 19, 2019
People who haven't made a cash deposit or withdrawal of 100k in the last 5 years are the ones making noise about the policy.

Unfortunately, the HOR or the Senate can't decide this. Nothing for them.
Re: House Of Representatives Orders CBN To Suspend Cashless Policy by Jedi0101(m): 5:56pm On Sep 19, 2019
Till when Naija
Re: House Of Representatives Orders CBN To Suspend Cashless Policy by Senatorbng(m): 5:57pm On Sep 19, 2019
Useless people!
Na so ATM come, everybody begin shout say which kind thing be dis o, Nigeria neva mature, now old women for village dey use ATM card.

POS machine come, dem begin shout say Nigeria neva mature, now even pepper seller dey use POS.

Now CBN wan do cashless, because say e nor go support una Ghana must go cash thief thief, una dey shout Nigeria neva ready.

Mtcheeeeeeeew!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of Representatives Orders CBN To Suspend Cashless Policy by Ayotemide(f): 5:57pm On Sep 19, 2019
One day this nation would burn from rage, it would be an undeniable one from decades of anal rape of a nation by policies and selfish leadership.
Re: House Of Representatives Orders CBN To Suspend Cashless Policy by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 19, 2019
I dont think this house of assembly of a body understands what their function is. They can't tell the executive what to do! If they dont like the cashless policy they can pass a law forbidding it, subject to presidential assent but they have no legal right to give orders to the CBN on what or what not to do.

EDIT I just read the full story, misleading headline!! They merely "urged"

1 Like

Re: House Of Representatives Orders CBN To Suspend Cashless Policy by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 19, 2019
You can always count on the legislators to stifle progress especially when it affects them directly.

The same way they hampered operation velvet on Lagos roads

However the question is; does cbn fall under their jurisdiction or are they faffing as usual?
Re: House Of Representatives Orders CBN To Suspend Cashless Policy by Paulo3ree(m): 5:59pm On Sep 19, 2019
You embraced system automation, down sized your workforce, introduced cashless policy which further forced some staffs to resigne on there own due to unfavorable renumerations
Now you want to add charges on bank transaction. Downsized work force and increased income only for the fishs.
Re: House Of Representatives Orders CBN To Suspend Cashless Policy by rotile247(m): 6:00pm On Sep 19, 2019
[quote author=Freehuman post=82381305]That cashless policy could have turned everything around in 2023 election tribunals.
Imagine a scenario where all a lawyer needs to do to support his claim that a politician was involved in votes buying is to present the politician's bank details showing history of numerous 5000 Naira transfers on election day.
Secondly, how do they bribe those in rural areas. If it didn't threaten the existence of the selfish legislature at Abuja, it would be a welcomed development.[/quote

Yes it could only if it is a complete restriction without the option of paying charges for excess deposit or withdrawal during the last implementation people pay as much as 85k charges on cash withdrawal on just a single transaction, that was just a business man not to talk about Politicians and their Ghana must go mentality
Re: House Of Representatives Orders CBN To Suspend Cashless Policy by Carlyboi(m): 6:00pm On Sep 19, 2019
Guy men no wan make cbn scam dem join Na lol
Re: House Of Representatives Orders CBN To Suspend Cashless Policy by Tammynator(m): 6:02pm On Sep 19, 2019
I didn't read the whole writeup but, from the topic, I strongly support the move for it to be suspended.
While it is a good thing to charge OTC transactions, retaining the charges on online/cashless transactions is a flaw. If u want to support cashless policy then, remove all charges linked to it.

1 Like

Re: House Of Representatives Orders CBN To Suspend Cashless Policy by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:04pm On Sep 19, 2019
will the CBN obey this directive or its just another "make we talk" from the house of Rep?
Re: House Of Representatives Orders CBN To Suspend Cashless Policy by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 19, 2019
[quote author=rotile247 post=82381649][/quote].

Business men don't keep money in their houses . Business men have shares, flows and investments. Their money is either in the bank or businesses because they keep selling something. People who have huge money at homes , in tanks, underground, in ceilings are politicians because they money they steal is not made to flow back into the system except during particular periods of election.

Those shouting on social media do not even do daily 500,000 naira transactions. It's simple, instead of a seller getting 500000 Naira cash, he should order a transfer. The CBN should give a deadline maybe begin to enforce it on 1st October at that point every reasonable person and organization who have nothing to hide must have lodged his cash in the bank.

Robbing people going to the bank, funding crime and terrorism, stealing public funds will easily be detected.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: House Of Representatives Orders CBN To Suspend Cashless Policy by blacknp(m): 6:05pm On Sep 19, 2019
MusaChukwudi:

Its a good response from the House actually! Kudos Omunna Kalu!
Rubbish, don’t want to pay the charges, then use your debit card, the cost of printing paper money is too exorbitant.
Re: House Of Representatives Orders CBN To Suspend Cashless Policy by Royalfurnitures: 6:06pm On Sep 19, 2019
Good move, this cashless policy is getting fraudulent

Check out my signature for classy and durable furniture for your homes and offices
Re: House Of Representatives Orders CBN To Suspend Cashless Policy by blacknp(m): 6:08pm On Sep 19, 2019
valentineuwakwe:
will the CBN obey this directive or its just another "make we talk" from the house of Rep?
CBN does not take others from the Senate, the Reps are only pretending to beg on behalf of the oblivious few, they themselves know it is a right policy.
Re: House Of Representatives Orders CBN To Suspend Cashless Policy by ContentedK: 6:08pm On Sep 19, 2019
Re: House Of Representatives Orders CBN To Suspend Cashless Policy by King44(m): 6:24pm On Sep 19, 2019
Good news las las

These are the people that deserve car but not billion naira cars that some rob the people blindly are proposing awon barawo
Re: House Of Representatives Orders CBN To Suspend Cashless Policy by Larrykaysail(m): 6:25pm On Sep 19, 2019
JONNYSPUTE:
Cashless banking is good but are we ready for it?
when they have good internet, one restaurant POS has mess me up before, i have to call a friend to come and pay for me ..
Re: House Of Representatives Orders CBN To Suspend Cashless Policy by hysteriabox(m): 6:26pm On Sep 19, 2019
The last time the presidency heard n responded to the HOR was back in 2013. I think this arm of the legislature is so weakened n holds no clout. Last term, they screamed n summoned buhari until their throats caught fire n they kept quiet.
Re: House Of Representatives Orders CBN To Suspend Cashless Policy by JONNYSPUTE(m): 6:29pm On Sep 19, 2019
Larrykaysail:
when they have good internet, one restaurant POS has mess me up before, i have to call a friend to come and pay for me ..
.. Exavtly. They should also consider people running petrol stations and gas plants because they always transact in cash.

1 Like

Re: House Of Representatives Orders CBN To Suspend Cashless Policy by ocelot2006(m): 6:33pm On Sep 19, 2019
Cashless banking is great, but those proposed deductions we're simply outrageous. As a matter of fact, I believe that those deductions are simply counterproductive. SME's are yet to recover from multiple taxations and the VAT increase, now this?? God punish devil.
Re: House Of Representatives Orders CBN To Suspend Cashless Policy by dotun365: 6:35pm On Sep 19, 2019
THis is a selfish move by the house of assembly. The talk around cashless policy has been on since the time of SLS so all this bullshit about them not engaging relevant stakeholders cannot stand. the average man on the street does not have any reason to withdraw or deposit 500k. This is even good for the anti corruption fight which we(the common man) agree is needed to move forward.
Re: House Of Representatives Orders CBN To Suspend Cashless Policy by docadams: 6:36pm On Sep 19, 2019
PassingShot:
People who haven't made a cash deposit or withdrawal of 100k in the last 5 years are the ones making noise about the policy.

Unfortunately, the HOR or the Senate can't decide this. Nothing for them.

Do they even understand what the policy means.
Re: House Of Representatives Orders CBN To Suspend Cashless Policy by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 19, 2019
Government of no direction

Please since 2015 what sensible economic policies has come out of Buhari leadership
Re: House Of Representatives Orders CBN To Suspend Cashless Policy by OlawaleBammie: 6:38pm On Sep 19, 2019
Ahh, tank God ooooo

i swear this has put me down since i heard about it yesterday, ahh if dem no suspend it how wil i survive it wen my oga finally release me biko?? abeg make dem kansu am biko!!
Re: House Of Representatives Orders CBN To Suspend Cashless Policy by docadams: 6:39pm On Sep 19, 2019
JONNYSPUTE:
.. Exavtly. They should also consider people running petrol stations and gas plants because they always transact in cash.

Does individual transaction exceed N500000? People are commenting anyhow.
Re: House Of Representatives Orders CBN To Suspend Cashless Policy by OlawaleBammie: 6:46pm On Sep 19, 2019
docadams:

Does individual transaction exceed N500000? People are commenting anyhow.
yea oga, sometimes we do 5M at a go... not dat we re nt wise or ignorant of e-banking but it won work mos of tyms in our case.
Re: House Of Representatives Orders CBN To Suspend Cashless Policy by OgaEngr: 6:47pm On Sep 19, 2019
They told us that “Nigeria is not yet ready for e-voting”. But “Nigeria is ready to implement cashless policy nationwide”. Government stealing from her people
Re: House Of Representatives Orders CBN To Suspend Cashless Policy by webngnews: 6:52pm On Sep 19, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: House Of Representatives Orders CBN To Suspend Cashless Policy by olajigaolamide: 6:55pm On Sep 19, 2019
Why won't they suspend it when it affect their interest. The house of representatives is only existing to serve itself and not the public

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shettima: Any Christian Who Votes APC Has Denied The Church – Bishop Irabor / We Are Far From True Democracy - LP Calls For Cancellation Of Guber & HOA Polls / Pay Us Our January Salaries, Nigerian Federal Workers Lament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.