Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,825 members, 7,806,316 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Xenophobia: FG Gives Update On 314 South Africa Returnees - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Xenophobia: FG Gives Update On 314 South Africa Returnees (10137 Views)

Germany To Deport 14,000 Nigerians; FG Gives Condition / Xenophobia: 315 South Africa Returnees Arrive Nigeria (Photos) / More Photos Of South African Returnees After Evacuation By Air Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xenophobia: FG Gives Update On 314 South Africa Returnees by GboltNG: 12:02am On Sep 20, 2019
The President Muhammadu Buhari led Federal Government has given an update on the status of the second batch of 314 South Africa returnees, Igbere TV News reports.

Igbere TV had reported on Thursday that 314 people arrived the country using Air Peace, barely one week after 177 Nigerians were airlifted by the company.

In a statement obtained by Igbere TV on Thursday, Chairman of the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission, Mrs Abike Dabiri-Erewa, said out of the 314 returnees, 199 were males, 108 females, while 98 were Minors.

She also said that the Commission had profiled all the returnees and written to the various state governments affected to help re-integrate and empower them.

She thanked Air Peace for airlifting the returnees; MTN, Airtel for supporting the returnees with data, airtime; and Bank of Industry (BOI) for providing them soft loans.

Dabiri-Erewa who revealed that Lagos State Governor, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu gave N20,000 each to the 314, called on Nigerians to support the returnees in their own little way.

Full Statement;

PRESS RELEASE

UPDATE ON 2ND BATCH OF 314 NIGERIAN RETURNEES FROM SOUTH AFRICA.

The Chairman/CEO, Nigerians in Diaspora Commission, Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa says the Second Batch of 314 Voluntary Nigerian Returnees from South Africa arrived Lagos safely onboard Air Peace airlines on Wednesday.

The Chairman NIDCOM, stated this while briefing the Senate Committee on Diaspora and NGOs in Abuja on Thursday.

Dabiri-Erewa informed the lawmakers that out of the 314) returnees, 199 are Males, 108 Females and 98 are Minors. The actual figure of those that arrived Nigeria were 314 while 5 Returnees had consular issues, and could not be airlifted.

The NIDCOM Chairman said that the Commission has profiled all the returnees and written to various State governments affected to help re-integrate and empower them effectively as a matter of urgency.

She told the Deputy Chairman, Senate Committee on Diaspora Sen. Ibrahim Oloriegbe who received NIDCOM Delegation, that the Returnees are in good health and grateful to President Buhari for his prompt directive that Nigerians willing to return voluntarily should be brought back.

They also expressed deep gratitude to the Chairman of Air Peace Airlines, Chief Allen Onyema, for a show of patriotism and brotherhood and thanked the Nigerian Consul General Mr Godwin Adama for effective coordination of the returnees.

The NIDCOM Chairman thanked Service providers MTN and Airtel for giving the returnees telephones and massive airtime, Bank of Industry for providing soft loans, NEMA for its services and financial support, LouisMed for providing medical checkup, and the Diaspora Innovation Institute for providing counseling and offer of entrepreneurship training, in partnership with the Centre for Management Development.

She further called on Nigerians to support the returnees, in any way they can, adding that the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo olu, gave N20,000 each to the second batch returnees.

She assured the Senate Committee on Diaspora and NGOs that the Commission will work.

http://igberetvnews.com/980219/xenophobia-fg-gives-update-on-314-south-africa-returnees/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: FG Gives Update On 314 South Africa Returnees by GboltNG: 12:06am On Sep 20, 2019
Lalasticlala

Seun
Re: Xenophobia: FG Gives Update On 314 South Africa Returnees by dukeprince50: 5:47am On Sep 20, 2019
ok
Re: Xenophobia: FG Gives Update On 314 South Africa Returnees by Nobody: 5:48am On Sep 20, 2019
They also expressed deep gratitude to the Chairman of Air Peace Airlines, Chief Allen Onyema, for a show of patriotism and brotherhood and thanked the Nigerian Consul General Mr Godwin Adama for effective coordination of the returnees.
Thank you Chief Onyema for your good gesture.
To whom much is given, much is expected.
May God make me someone that will be there to help my country also. Amen.

All Returnees, you are welcome back.
anonimi:

Can you please explain who gave him the much?
Did he not work hard, eat less than he earned, saved and invested for his business to grow while others were living larger than their earnings?

You are nothing but an illiterate.
That is why i dislike seeing you quote me.
Ask a young child in your house what my post you quoted means.
See him asking me who gave him much.
Olodo.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: FG Gives Update On 314 South Africa Returnees by Authoreety: 5:48am On Sep 20, 2019
Odiegwu

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: FG Gives Update On 314 South Africa Returnees by Heromaniaa: 5:48am On Sep 20, 2019
From frying pan to fire.

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: FG Gives Update On 314 South Africa Returnees by geedeex2(m): 5:48am On Sep 20, 2019
Fixing this country is a task for all. Kudos to Chief Onyema for coming to our rescue . I want to plead with him not to join politics o, may his good name not be soiled..

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: FG Gives Update On 314 South Africa Returnees by kreate1000: 5:49am On Sep 20, 2019
Ok
Re: Xenophobia: FG Gives Update On 314 South Africa Returnees by Nobody: 5:49am On Sep 20, 2019
Dabiri-Erewa who revealed that Lagos State Governor, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu gave N20,000 each to the 314, called on Nigerians to support the returnees in their own little way. 
Anybody or any organization that want to support them should go ahead, but not that the returnees should be having some sense of entitlement.
We are that in the country that never left for anywhere, need support also.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: FG Gives Update On 314 South Africa Returnees by Kpilo101: 5:50am On Sep 20, 2019
Ewòooo. I will travel to southy. My future dey theŕe.
Re: Xenophobia: FG Gives Update On 314 South Africa Returnees by exquisitehair(f): 5:51am On Sep 20, 2019
Thank God for air peace......
Re: Xenophobia: FG Gives Update On 314 South Africa Returnees by mmadu4: 5:51am On Sep 20, 2019
Kpilo101:
Ewòooo. I will travel to southy. My future dey theŕe.
travel to your death . i will type RIP for you when the time comes

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: FG Gives Update On 314 South Africa Returnees by ReubenE(m): 5:51am On Sep 20, 2019
We wish them well

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: FG Gives Update On 314 South Africa Returnees by Movicq(m): 5:52am On Sep 20, 2019
Ahhhhhfter dat
Re: Xenophobia: FG Gives Update On 314 South Africa Returnees by Movicq(m): 5:52am On Sep 20, 2019
Hhhhhhhhhfter datt
Re: Xenophobia: FG Gives Update On 314 South Africa Returnees by Movicq(m): 5:53am On Sep 20, 2019
Afffffterrr dat
Re: Xenophobia: FG Gives Update On 314 South Africa Returnees by mcayomind: 5:53am On Sep 20, 2019
That's Good
Re: Xenophobia: FG Gives Update On 314 South Africa Returnees by anonimi: 5:58am On Sep 20, 2019
modelmike7:
Thank you Chief Onyema for your good gesture.
To whom much is given, much is expected.
May God make me someone that will be there to help my country also. Amen.

All Returnees, you are welcome back.

Did he not work hard, eat less than he earned, saved and invested for his business to grow while others were living larger than their earnings?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4207170_fbimg1469018943096_jpeg2e87af2b28b00dc62a4dbf71ba6f4cf7

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: FG Gives Update On 314 South Africa Returnees by Nobody: 5:59am On Sep 20, 2019
So what are they doing about the reprisal attack

We open verified WeChat and Alipay wallet
Re: Xenophobia: FG Gives Update On 314 South Africa Returnees by olu77(m): 6:01am On Sep 20, 2019
anonimi:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4207170_fbimg1469018943096_jpeg2e87af2b28b00dc62a4dbf71ba6f4cf7

He was praying for himself using that idiom. He meant that much should be given to him so that he can do much too. It's confusing except you read it over again.

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: FG Gives Update On 314 South Africa Returnees by Tedpgrass: 6:01am On Sep 20, 2019
Thanks to all the facilitators
Hope they all find peace, prosper and recover from the past trauma

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: FG Gives Update On 314 South Africa Returnees by BBBmall25: 6:04am On Sep 20, 2019
Not Enough. We Should Teach South Africa A Big Lesson! Don't Mess With Naija Pikin!

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: FG Gives Update On 314 South Africa Returnees by Enyimbamercedes: 6:05am On Sep 20, 2019
Adds up to 315
Re: Xenophobia: FG Gives Update On 314 South Africa Returnees by englishmart(m): 6:06am On Sep 20, 2019
Reintegrate and empower?
People that will soon be forgotten.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: FG Gives Update On 314 South Africa Returnees by JayTripz(m): 6:11am On Sep 20, 2019
Welcome back to Naija.. We love you guys... Just keep up the hustle... �
Re: Xenophobia: FG Gives Update On 314 South Africa Returnees by Samfloxin(m): 6:11am On Sep 20, 2019
Federal government and other individuals who own private jet should equally help Air Peace by using Nigeria Air planes and their private Jets to assist bring back more returnees. This man has tried and he doesn't need to wreck his business for us. Samfloxin says so

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: FG Gives Update On 314 South Africa Returnees by lyriclekidd(m): 6:14am On Sep 20, 2019
Okay
Re: Xenophobia: FG Gives Update On 314 South Africa Returnees by Alexandro15: 6:14am On Sep 20, 2019
Even though the returnees are not entitled to any benefit, I must confess that I expected more from the government, especially as they can afford to give 5.5b naira to some old rich men to buy cars that they already have.

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: FG Gives Update On 314 South Africa Returnees by ppreye(m): 6:15am On Sep 20, 2019
Buharis government and propaganda shocked

Please call for amazing solar plan ideal for your home and small businesses. As a business owner there's no reason why you should be running fuel throughout the day. Call us now and let the sun work for you!
Re: Xenophobia: FG Gives Update On 314 South Africa Returnees by mercyviv(f): 6:16am On Sep 20, 2019
Thank God for their safe return. And I believe if more people and stakeholders identify with what the likes if Sanwoolu and TB Joshua is doimg, at least, these people will not be left to the elements with little or nothing to survive with. God bless us all.
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...
Re: Xenophobia: FG Gives Update On 314 South Africa Returnees by Ibrahim9090: 6:18am On Sep 20, 2019
Noted
Re: Xenophobia: FG Gives Update On 314 South Africa Returnees by Goldenheart(m): 6:21am On Sep 20, 2019
cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

FRSC Records 9,698 Accidents, 4,737 Deaths In 2019 / Lokoja-Abuja Road Traffic Holdup: Worst Ever! / Airlines Seek 45% Increase In Fares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.