Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,906 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

3 Safety Practices That Can Stop Android Phones From Exploding With Bomb Force - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 3 Safety Practices That Can Stop Android Phones From Exploding With Bomb Force (17092 Views)

3 Safety Practices That Can Stop Android Phones From Exploding With Bomb Force / What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them / How Do I Stop Android OS System App From Using My Data? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Safety Practices That Can Stop Android Phones From Exploding With Bomb Force by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 20, 2019
Do you know that an Android phone and its Battery(cell ) when ‘ON’ has the explosive power of a Bomb? Yes, it can explode with the force of a grenade that can kill persons within a radius of 2meters from the phone, even the person holding it!

Perhaps you have heard of Android phones causing explosions in gas stations that killed the person using it and others around? Below are safety tips to help you avoid such nonsense fate.

1. Avoid going to a Petrol station with your Android/smart phone “ON”.
Switch your Android phone “OFF”, make sure it is not “ON” before you enter a gas station.

If it is “ON” in a petrol station, resist the temptation to make or answer calls at that moment. A woman went to refill her gas cylinder and a call came in. According to media reports, after she answered the call, it ignited a huge blast in her immediate environment that killed her.

2. Avoid having your Android phone in the kitchen when cooking with a gas cooker. That immediately becomes a high risk environment. Because both the phone and the gas cylinder can explode!

3. Do not leave your phone to keep charging after it is fully charged. An Android phone battery that is already full but still charging is a serious danger.

So, avoid sleeping off when charging your phone the same way as you would avoid leaving food on the fire while you enjoy sweet sleep.

Please share to friends and family and others so they are aware.

Source: https://www.igbodefender.com/zikistmovement/2019/09/20/3-safety-practices-that-can-stop-android-phones-from-exploding-with-bomb-force/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Safety Practices That Can Stop Android Phones From Exploding With Bomb Force by Jake420: 1:46pm On Sep 20, 2019
Highly doubt no.3.

15 Likes

Re: 3 Safety Practices That Can Stop Android Phones From Exploding With Bomb Force by Dontripsy(m): 2:01pm On Sep 20, 2019
Seen
Re: 3 Safety Practices That Can Stop Android Phones From Exploding With Bomb Force by publicsensor: 2:51pm On Sep 20, 2019
In what capacity are you pontificating? Who made you the Anthony General of Phone Safety

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Safety Practices That Can Stop Android Phones From Exploding With Bomb Force by Sunofgod(m): 2:52pm On Sep 20, 2019
Fake news!

1 Like

Re: 3 Safety Practices That Can Stop Android Phones From Exploding With Bomb Force by DesChyko: 2:52pm On Sep 20, 2019
For a start, it's over a decade that it has been proven that your phone cannot cause a fire accident.
To put it in simple terms, it is easier for your body to cause a fire in a petrol station (via charges up to 60000v from moving about your car seat) than for your phone's meagre 4.80v to cause any damage. Also remember that the vehicle you drove into the fuel station runs on a 12v battery but is perfectly safe.

Turning off your phone in a fuel station is an overkill.

MODIFIED: Please forget about the idea of electromagnetic waves. For petrol vapour to actually explode, it has to be heated. Now, how can the phone's waves heat up the vapour?

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Safety Practices That Can Stop Android Phones From Exploding With Bomb Force by DjHypno(m): 2:52pm On Sep 20, 2019
H
Re: 3 Safety Practices That Can Stop Android Phones From Exploding With Bomb Force by xtophy1(m): 2:52pm On Sep 20, 2019
You dont even know why they are called SMARTPHONES...smh...

4 Likes

Re: 3 Safety Practices That Can Stop Android Phones From Exploding With Bomb Force by lyriclekidd(m): 2:53pm On Sep 20, 2019
Okay
Re: 3 Safety Practices That Can Stop Android Phones From Exploding With Bomb Force by BARONDEMONTE(m): 2:53pm On Sep 20, 2019
No 3 isn't for a smart phone.

4 Likes

Re: 3 Safety Practices That Can Stop Android Phones From Exploding With Bomb Force by subtlemee(f): 2:54pm On Sep 20, 2019
Everything in this world is now harmful....time to port to space

5 Likes

Re: 3 Safety Practices That Can Stop Android Phones From Exploding With Bomb Force by Akanoaaa(m): 2:54pm On Sep 20, 2019
Na God dey save person jare

3 Likes

Re: 3 Safety Practices That Can Stop Android Phones From Exploding With Bomb Force by sheungeek(m): 2:55pm On Sep 20, 2019
true talk
Re: 3 Safety Practices That Can Stop Android Phones From Exploding With Bomb Force by DjHypno(m): 2:57pm On Sep 20, 2019
undecidedStory, I leave my phones charging all night till morning.
I go to the filling station with my android phones on, but I don't make or pick no calls. So...

This hot Afrobeats/Hip-Hop DJ mix will spice up your weekend. Download link on my signature.

1 Like

Re: 3 Safety Practices That Can Stop Android Phones From Exploding With Bomb Force by iamfromlagos(f): 3:02pm On Sep 20, 2019
That no.3 e get as e be o. Me I don't believe it one bit.
Re: 3 Safety Practices That Can Stop Android Phones From Exploding With Bomb Force by chariisGRACE(m): 3:08pm On Sep 20, 2019
publicsensor:
In what capacity are you pontificating? Who made you the Anthony General of Phone Safety

No be only Anthony.
Fidelis Nkoh?

9 Likes

Re: 3 Safety Practices That Can Stop Android Phones From Exploding With Bomb Force by francisisking: 3:09pm On Sep 20, 2019
when them go advice una against all this cheap kpalasa phone una no go hear, now see this rubbish wey you dey write.... Buy good phone and save yourself from trouble.
Re: 3 Safety Practices That Can Stop Android Phones From Exploding With Bomb Force by Jaqenhghar: 3:11pm On Sep 20, 2019
publicsensor:
Anthony General. Hehehe. I see what U did there

1 Like

Re: 3 Safety Practices That Can Stop Android Phones From Exploding With Bomb Force by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 20, 2019
Bomb force kor, Earthquake force nii grin

1 Like

Re: 3 Safety Practices That Can Stop Android Phones From Exploding With Bomb Force by fineboynl(m): 3:19pm On Sep 20, 2019
phones are not bomb, the battery of a phone cannot cause explosion like a grenade as you claimed.

the only that that can ever happen to a phone battery is fire..

making calls in gas station and having your phone caught fire will happen in 00000.00001 times. the basic reasons is when the phone is use up. it heat the battery unlike when in idle mode. and for a phone battery to caught fire in use up mode is 0000000.00000001 times

1 Like

Re: 3 Safety Practices That Can Stop Android Phones From Exploding With Bomb Force by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 20, 2019
chariisGRACE:

No be only Anthony.
Fidelis Nkoh?
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 3 Safety Practices That Can Stop Android Phones From Exploding With Bomb Force by Quality20(m): 3:25pm On Sep 20, 2019
writing like shd come with fool proof facts, and references.
Re: 3 Safety Practices That Can Stop Android Phones From Exploding With Bomb Force by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 20, 2019
Noel1:
Bomb force kor, Earthquake force nii grin

See this topic.
et's be properly guided.https://www.nairaland.com/4950254/gas-explosion-kills-lady-operating
francisisking:
when them go advice una against all this cheap kpalasa phone una no go hear, now see this rubbish wey you dey write.... Buy good phone and save yourself from trouble.
DesChyko:
For a start, it's over a decade that it has been proven that your phone cannot cause a fire accident.
To put it in simple terms, it is easier for your body to cause a fire in a petrol station (via charges up to 60000v from moving about your car seat) than for your phone's meagre 4.80v to cause any damage. Also remember that the vehicle you drove into the fuel station runs on a 12v battery but is perfectly safe.

Turning off your phone in a fuel station is an overkill.
Re: 3 Safety Practices That Can Stop Android Phones From Exploding With Bomb Force by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 20, 2019
Quality20:
writing like shd come with fool proof facts, and references.
https://www.nairaland.com/4950254/gas-explosion-kills-lady-operating
Start here. Then use Google to do basic research, Boss.
Re: 3 Safety Practices That Can Stop Android Phones From Exploding With Bomb Force by tuzle(m): 3:30pm On Sep 20, 2019
My phone is always plug to the socket whether low or not and I have not bomb yet.
Re: 3 Safety Practices That Can Stop Android Phones From Exploding With Bomb Force by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 20, 2019
Jake420:
Highly doubt no.3.
Research about how phone batteries gradually start becoming dangerous due to constant overcharging. Save a life: if you aren't sure of something, don't tell others to shok hand in it. Peace.
Re: 3 Safety Practices That Can Stop Android Phones From Exploding With Bomb Force by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 20, 2019
tuzle:
My phone is always plug to the socket whether low or not and I have not bomb yet.
Stop it today. That's a safety hazard. Phone batteries aren't built for constant overcharging. Phone batteries...
Re: 3 Safety Practices That Can Stop Android Phones From Exploding With Bomb Force by SEGLIZ: 3:34pm On Sep 20, 2019
subtlemee:
Everything in this world is now harmful....time to port to space

make you no allow anyone on earth join you there cos them go come make the space harmful and unsafe for you.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Safety Practices That Can Stop Android Phones From Exploding With Bomb Force by Psoul(m): 3:42pm On Sep 20, 2019
igbodefender:
Do you know that an Android phone and its Battery(cell ) when ‘ON’ has the explosive power of a Bomb? Yes, it can explode with the force of a grenade that can kill persons within a radius of 2meters from the phone, even the person holding it!

Perhaps you have heard of Android phones causing explosions in gas stations that killed the person using it and others around? Below are safety tips to help you avoid such nonsense fate.

1. Avoid going to a Petrol station with your Android/smart phone “ON”.
Switch your Android phone “OFF”, make sure it is not “ON” before you enter a gas station.

If it is “ON” in a petrol station, resist the temptation to make or answer calls at that moment. A woman went to refill her gas cylinder and a call came in. According to media reports, after she answered the call, it ignited a huge blast in her immediate environment that killed her.

2. Avoid having your Android phone in the kitchen when cooking with a gas cooker. That immediately becomes a high risk environment. Because both the phone and the gas cylinder can explode!

3. Do not leave your phone to keep charging after it is fully charged. An Android phone battery that is already full but still charging is a serious danger.

So, avoid sleeping off when charging your phone the same way as you would avoid leaving food on the fire while you enjoy sweet sleep.

Please share to friends and family and others so they are aware.

Source: https://www.igbodefender.com/zikistmovement/2019/09/20/3-safety-practices-that-can-stop-android-phones-from-exploding-with-bomb-force/

These stories we used to hear when phones newly entered Naija.
My brother, all these are fake. Your phone can never catch fire in a gas station when u make or receive calls. The amount of radio wave produced by cell phone cannot cause fire outbreak. Unless if u are using a highly defective phone. What can cause fire at gas stations is mostly static electricity probably from body contact or from the kind of clothing material one is wearing. Example is polyester clothes. When they rub/cling on human body, they produce static charge which is capable of igniting a gas. So some of the gas attendants should avoid some of those materials.

Secondly, it's only a very faulty phone that can ignite a cooking gas. A good condition phone can't. So if a faulty phone causes a problem, we should not generally say that phones should not be used in the kitchen.

The one I found very ridiculous is saying that over charging a smartphone can cause explosion.
First of all, there no such a thing as over charging a smartphone. The name SMARTPHONE is not just for mouth. Smartphones are really smart. Once the phone charges to 100%, it shuts itself off from any other incoming current. Even if u like leave it there for 1yr it will take no more charge. The worst that could happen it that ur charger may get burnt if it is not a smart charger.
So leaving ur phone plugged in even when fully charged can not cause any explosion unless u are using fake phone with fake charger.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Safety Practices That Can Stop Android Phones From Exploding With Bomb Force by samuelchimmy(m): 3:43pm On Sep 20, 2019
This is a mischievous attempt to dent the image of Android, for God sake iPhones do explode too...

1 Like

Re: 3 Safety Practices That Can Stop Android Phones From Exploding With Bomb Force by Nodogragra4me(m): 3:50pm On Sep 20, 2019
Electric charge is responsible for the explosion and it is due to poor earthing while filling those gas cylinder. When in operation, an earth cable is necessary.

I recently saw a video of an explosion in a kitchen and I concluded that gas build up inside the oven compartment was the cause.

From the explosion, one could see that it started from that area and it is because there might have been a leakage in the gas pipe within and around the stove that accumulated in the oven compartment which became very volatile as a result of the heat from the burner

What to do? Always endeavour to check the pipe transporting the gas to the stove and even if you don't use the oven, try to leaven it open from time to time

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Safety Practices That Can Stop Android Phones From Exploding With Bomb Force by Vainglory: 3:52pm On Sep 20, 2019
The problem with our society is that people with little or no knowledge claim to be experts.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

OPERA Launches It's Own Free VPN. / Webgate Advanced Device Locks Pro V2.00 37 S60v3 Unsigned Cracked-illusion / $1.2bn Debt: New Investors Take Over 9mobile In 6 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.