Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,248 members, 7,807,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

Drop Your Most Embarrassing Moment - Let’s Laugh A Little - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Drop Your Most Embarrassing Moment - Let’s Laugh A Little (39416 Views)

What's A Little Thing That Actually Tells You A Lot About Someone? / Share Your Most Embarrassing Moments In 2020 / What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Public? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drop Your Most Embarrassing Moment - Let’s Laugh A Little by Nobody: 2:48am On Sep 21, 2019
When I couldn't kill 2000 tigers with one blow only 1999 died and the last one became an slowpoke

1 Like

Re: Drop Your Most Embarrassing Moment - Let’s Laugh A Little by joyfullyjoyous(f): 2:50am On Sep 21, 2019
A woman asked if I would marry her husband. She also asked the husband if he would marry me. I felt embarrassed. The woman died few months later and the husband called to remind me of what the woman said. He wanted us to try having lunch,dinner together to make us get to know eachothrr better. She's from Portharcourt while he's from IMO n me from Ila Orangun,Osun state.

4 Likes

Re: Drop Your Most Embarrassing Moment - Let’s Laugh A Little by renewable1(m): 3:39am On Sep 21, 2019
My most embarrassing moment is ever owning a generating set.

Electricity is a basic necessity of life and we are ready to provide clean energy via solar power.

Get this unique 1kva complete solar power system for 140k today.

CHECK MY SIGNATURE NOW

1 Like

Re: Drop Your Most Embarrassing Moment - Let’s Laugh A Little by Derea(f): 3:52am On Sep 21, 2019
This thread was interesting to read. Lifted my mood.

3 Likes

Re: Drop Your Most Embarrassing Moment - Let’s Laugh A Little by Majesticniyi(m): 4:22am On Sep 21, 2019
MOVIC6:
so this MODS find it difficult top bring to fp reasonable posts but find nothing wrong with stupid posts sich as this rubbish, op and mods you guys are part of nigeria youth's problem

Your stupid English is more of a problem to Nigeria though grin
Re: Drop Your Most Embarrassing Moment - Let’s Laugh A Little by Jude49(m): 4:30am On Sep 21, 2019
Onyi22:

R u one of the broke guys?
I dnt knw why u're always thinking of making investments off guys pockets

1 Like

Re: Drop Your Most Embarrassing Moment - Let’s Laugh A Little by SkinnyNigga: 5:13am On Sep 21, 2019
Sirseedorf:
The day I want to hand shake someone I knew and the person lift his face up and look elsewhere ignoring my hand entirely. mehnn I feel weak and embarrassed that day, in fact I can never forget that day.
wetin happen na ? you been get problem with the guy ?
Re: Drop Your Most Embarrassing Moment - Let’s Laugh A Little by oloriLFC(f): 5:32am On Sep 21, 2019
joyfullyjoyous:
A woman asked if I would marry her husband. She also asked the husband if he would marry me. I felt embarrassed. The woman died few months later and the husband called to remind me of what the woman said. He wanted us to try having lunch,dinner together to make us get to know eachothrr better. She's from Portharcourt while he's from IMO n me from Ila Orangun,Osun state.
awww! God rest her soul

1 Like

Re: Drop Your Most Embarrassing Moment - Let’s Laugh A Little by gozzlin: 5:49am On Sep 21, 2019
Ishilove:
I told the congregation, during Sunday service to open to Isaiah 45 vs 26 and told someone to read. She stood up, opened her bible, leafed through it for several seconds, finally gave up and said "there's no Isaiah vs 26." I felt like the ground should open up and swallow me right there at the altar. In front of the entire church!! embarassed cry

It was Isaiah 43 vs 26, not 45 vs 26. And to think I had it typed out but that typo completely missed my attention.

My head blanked out and I kept turning the pages looking for the book of Isaiah, while the sea of eyes stared up at me. I even went to the New Testament! embarassed

My family members suddenly had this very serious expression on their faces. You know, that kind you have when you are trying your darndest not to cringe. Or laugh angry cry

I almost wept in embarrassment. I was traumatized throughout the following week.

grin grin

Chai! So damn hilarious!

I bet your temperament is melancholy with a tinge of either sanguine or choleric.

2 Likes

Re: Drop Your Most Embarrassing Moment - Let’s Laugh A Little by Eberex(m): 5:50am On Sep 21, 2019
Mine was at UNN Library.
I remember that day because i was putting on one of my favorite yellow shirt. On my way to the library to study, my tummy started feeling somehow but i ignored it.

I sat down to read. Of course i had scouted the library and i picked a space in between two pretty damsels, hoping to strike a conversation later with either of them.

I started studying, but my eyes were getting heavy and my tummy was really disturbing me. You know this type of stomach upset where you have to kill the urge to fart, yeah that was the type. As long as i was awake, no way i was gonna fart, or so i thought.

In between, i didn't know when i dozed off and before i knew it, i released a loud fart. Chineke!!!

I was still. I was embarrassed. I tried to move the chair on the floor to make it look like the fart sound. Shit didn't work.

Mhen, i got up abruptly and walk out with the speed of light.

I never wore that yellow shirt to the library again.

14 Likes

Re: Drop Your Most Embarrassing Moment - Let’s Laugh A Little by Ehibiggirl(f): 6:06am On Sep 21, 2019
Isabellah:
The day I fall down in front my neighbors outside my house is as if the ground should open for me to enter cause I hardly greet any of them
chaiiii bad character no good o karma finally got your address correct

2 Likes

Re: Drop Your Most Embarrassing Moment - Let’s Laugh A Little by agarawu23(m): 6:10am On Sep 21, 2019
Isabellah:
The day I fall down in front my neighbors outside my house is as if the ground should open for me to enter cause I hardly greet any of them
learn to greet your neighbors including their dogs. No one knows tomorrow
Re: Drop Your Most Embarrassing Moment - Let’s Laugh A Little by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:10am On Sep 21, 2019
There is nothing embarrassing than when a lady turns me down or make negative remarks to your face

1 Like

Re: Drop Your Most Embarrassing Moment - Let’s Laugh A Little by gozzlin: 6:10am On Sep 21, 2019
marvelous000:

don't you think I'm vast enough to know everything about communication? or you think i need the opinion of other people to inform me on that?
when I write; it's for me and others who are acclimatize with my writing genre or have predilection for it. any other lexical dilettante is very welcome to ignore and pass accordingly, I mean as many as they come, cos I've got no patience for quibbling over my writing choice.

It's 'versed' not 'vast' Mr. Knowitall alias Mr Showboater. undecided

An adage in Igbo language says: If you know this one, do you know the other one? If you think you've deciphered the bird's illness, have you been able to decipher its ability to fly?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drop Your Most Embarrassing Moment - Let’s Laugh A Little by Bluehill1051: 6:18am On Sep 21, 2019
Mine was the day my Ashewo customer for Bluemoon hotel told me "I should get a girlfriend"... "What you need is a girlfriend"
I was like, is this life?!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drop Your Most Embarrassing Moment - Let’s Laugh A Little by gozzlin: 6:19am On Sep 21, 2019
joyfullyjoyous:

Sweetie tell us whether you're happily married to the man now. wink

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drop Your Most Embarrassing Moment - Let’s Laugh A Little by midnighter(f): 6:30am On Sep 21, 2019
gozzlin:

It's 'versed' not 'vast' Mr. Knowitall alias Mr Showboater. undecided

It can be either "versed" or "vast", either one fits.

Dont know why everybody wants to finish the guy....the stuff he writes is cool...

3 Likes

Re: Drop Your Most Embarrassing Moment - Let’s Laugh A Little by gozzlin: 6:33am On Sep 21, 2019
midnighter:

It can be either "versed" or "vast", either one fits.

Dont know why everybody wants to finish the guy....the stuff he writes is cool...

No ma, either cannot fit. Vast has an entirely different meaning. Consult your dictionary.

1 Like

Re: Drop Your Most Embarrassing Moment - Let’s Laugh A Little by midnighter(f): 6:46am On Sep 21, 2019

9 Likes

Re: Drop Your Most Embarrassing Moment - Let’s Laugh A Little by IMASTEX: 6:55am On Sep 21, 2019
marvelous000:

Are you sure you did not bash your head against a rock before you made that callgrin
It is very expected from a lady that decides to answer over 10 names according to the situation.

3 Likes

Re: Drop Your Most Embarrassing Moment - Let’s Laugh A Little by Igwe29(m): 7:04am On Sep 21, 2019
The day we were swimming in the village stream with some group of girls and my boxer suddenly fell off my waist . I felt very much embarrassed and wished everyone would just disappear so that I could go up the bridge and get my clothes.
Re: Drop Your Most Embarrassing Moment - Let’s Laugh A Little by TrumpDonald2: 7:05am On Sep 21, 2019
XhosaNostra:
Some channels on my TV were not showing, so I called the Dstv call center. There was a long wait before my call was picked, so I was extremely irritated as I waited. Finally my turn came, the agent on the other end of the line asked for general details, like smart card number etc. To conclude her security questions, she asked for my name to confirm my identity. I don't know if it was due to my irritation or just pure absentmindeness, but I couldn't remember my name. I tried hard to remember, nothing came up so I just dropped the call, only to start the whole process all over again grin Yeah, that was embarrassing. I felt like an Alzheimer patient. LOL!

Well, I don't think you actually forgot your name but you couldn't think of the particular name you used. I've experienced that before. Not that I forgot my name but I couldn't remember if I gave my native name or baptismal name or my nick. And that desire not to get it wrong just make you feel lost as if you no longer know your name again.

2 Likes

Re: Drop Your Most Embarrassing Moment - Let’s Laugh A Little by gozzlin: 7:22am On Sep 21, 2019
midnighter:

yes it has an entirely different meaning, but its still correct

"Vast" enough to know everything about communication ... like intellectually broad or versatile enough

"versed" enough to know everything about communication...able in terms of vocabulary

both make sense, though what he used was better

if he meant "versed", he would have said "well-versed" enough, since "versed" would sound strange in this context

Why do you choose to engage in an unnecessary argument just for the sake of argument? For your information 'vast' can never be used in that sense you are alluding to. Because Nigerians use it in their written English does not make it correct. Nigerians are known to commit the most atrocious blunders in their written and spoken English.

It's totally inexcusable. If you read literary works of native English speakers and listen to them speak, you'll never see where they committed the unpardonable of saying 'I'm vast'. That's a wrong English expression.

Here is Dictionary.com's definition of 'vast'.

adjective, vast·er, vast·est.

1. Of very great area or extent; immense: eg. vast reaches of outer space.

2. Of very great size or proportions; huge; enormous: eg. Vast piles of rubble left in the wake of the war.

3. very great in number, quantity, amount, etc.: Eg. Vast sums of money.

4. very great in degree, intensity, etc.:
Eg. An artisan of vast skill.

Now here's the same dictionary's definition of 'versed' as an adjective.

Thoroughly knowledgeable (about), acquainted (with), or skilled (in) something.

I repeat, you cannot be vast. A human being cannot be vast. But you can be versed in something. You can also have vast knowledge or skill but can never be vast.

Nigerians make this mistake mostly because most of them do not pronounce English words correctly. They give the same pronunciation to the two words 'vast' and 'versed' and it's really appalling. You do not use English words as you use the words in your language. It has rules that must be strictly adhered to especially in formal settings. If you're in doubt you can always consult your English dictionary.

I went to great lengths to type out this elaborate explanation so that you should desist from such atrocious errors in your daily use of English, it leaves a very poor impression.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drop Your Most Embarrassing Moment - Let’s Laugh A Little by sheylarhh(m): 7:28am On Sep 21, 2019
culturedboss:
I did a project on a Natural gas (Methane)Precisely.I answered every other question correctly but could not remember the Chemical formula of Methane...It was the last question I was asked and the only thing I got wrong..I told them C2H4.They said Noooo...I said C2H...They said Nooo..I started mentioning jargons..This is something that's written in brackets any time methane was mentioned in my work.
My examiners were asking themselves how i got here if i couldn't remember the Chemical formula of the gas i was working with and it's the simplest Alkane.
I mean,I was confused I couldn't remember a thing again,not until I step out of the hall.
I told my friend is methane gas not CH4?!
He said,Yes...I said,I went blank in there and couldn't remember it.
Tho I had a B,I still feel embarrassed.
Maybe you would have scored A
Re: Drop Your Most Embarrassing Moment - Let’s Laugh A Little by sheylarhh(m): 7:29am On Sep 21, 2019
igetdata:
mine happened a couple of months ago while receiving lecture.
one fine girl that has been giving me green light just left her seat and defiantly sat on my laps in front of the whole class and lecturer. the lecturer just bone as if he saw nothing while all my friends that knew how shy I am started giving small laughs. the other girls in the class were also gossiping two but the girl no care, she even started rocking me a little while pretending to be oblivious. as for me I almost died, me wey neva get any girlfriend even in final year na dis girl won kill? sweat started gushing from all my body like water and I could not breathe because my neck felt stuffed. next I started unbuttoning my shirt because of the automatic heat, I could nor write anymore praying she would just get up and save me but e no work. I decided to take action, I stylishly pushed her, she repositioned. pushed her Again, she readjusted. I gave up. by now the whole class attention don turn to us and she was just smiling. she got up later with a victorious smile. I refused to attend class the next day.
Did you later date the girl?
Re: Drop Your Most Embarrassing Moment - Let’s Laugh A Little by kdfinest(m): 7:30am On Sep 21, 2019
Starboytwo:
Remember when I had to get my transcript in sch, met one fine lady dey go jejely, s.k and Tm inside my system, naso boy just dey flow... She didn't talk much, just nod and smile a little... She refuse to drop number and I told her it's her loss, as he won't find any like me in this school....

Fast forward 2 hours later
As I strolled inside student admin, base on as school strict, man gaz loyal... I approach the building

Me- goodaf! shocked (mouth open) ehh... I was staring at her sitting beside 2 University secatary, you know all those woman wey dey always give boys problem

Madam - how did they allow you enter here with this your hair?
Me- no ma, I want to col-

Ms- get out!

I look the girl, "damn, which Kain wahala be dis"... I fuc.k up, i suppose wear cap enter... quickly I got to d nearby barber and I told him "abeg help me trim I'm small"
"Oga na 50 naira I go give you ooo", na just small trim I wan do, make he just go down small...

'ha baba na 100 naira,

Oya oya oya no time, I gazz still see my faculty officer... I sat down, dab the blanket over me,

Guy- Shay make he go down weh weh!

Me- undecided weh weh how? I say make you just trim something, u say weh weh, oga Shayy?

Guy- (cuts in)no oooo, cuz I don barb one guy like 4 times already, one guy just comot here the third time... If i trim am for you, you go still come back...

Me-huh?

Guy- I swear down...but no worry I go do you good shi.t, I no go let am go down too much, I go even help you press am...

5 minutes later.. I re-entered, I saw one guy coming out looking funny, he is rushing to re-barb, his hair almost the same lenght as mine... Enters

Me- clears throat, e's ma, I'm

Madam- get out, you think we are joking here, blah blah

Me- I knelt down, no ma, pls ma, my faculty officer is waiting for me like this like this, pls ma... I looked at the babe, anty please help me beg her, abeg, Please

fine girl- Mrs bolaji, please let him go, I know him, he is truly late to see his FO...

Me- yes ma, I'm late ma, I'm sorry ma...

Madam- wee you shut up... He even draw parting again,

Me - No mah, sorry mAh

Madam - sorry for yourself... Mtcheeew...

Fine girl- cheesy cheesy

Me- cry

I thanked them both, my last days in school were maaad...

lols i can relate ehn, u got me laughing with ur tale...

3 Likes

Re: Drop Your Most Embarrassing Moment - Let’s Laugh A Little by kdfinest(m): 7:35am On Sep 21, 2019
Onyi22:
The day I met one handsome guy that was looking so good, well dressed n speaks fluently, I was thinking he was very rich n wealthy, not knowing that he was just so poor n broke like the guys we have on this forum
and has him been rich affect u? Abi tot u can also chop from where u didnt invest abi, see maga...
Re: Drop Your Most Embarrassing Moment - Let’s Laugh A Little by kdfinest(m): 7:37am On Sep 21, 2019
Onyi22:
The day I met one handsome guy that was looking so good, well dressed n speaks fluently, I was thinking he was very rich n wealthy, not knowing that he was just so poor n broke like the guys we have on this forum
Re: Drop Your Most Embarrassing Moment - Let’s Laugh A Little by midnighter(f): 7:41am On Sep 21, 2019
gozzlin:
Why do you choose to engage in an unnecessary argument just for the sake of argument?

I went to great lengths to type out this elaborate explanation so that you should desist from such atrocious errors are in your daily use of English, it leaves a very poor impression.

As you can see from my last post, I definitely know the difference between "versed" and "vast" and have never pronounced them the same. I took this up not for the sake of argument, but because I saw something wrong in what you said.

You are taking the statement too literally. The word "vast" can definitely be used in a figurative sense, more akin to the definition you provided in number (4). His meaning can be implied; I am [intellectually] vast enough to know everything about communication. the word "everything" is our context, showing that he could use either "versed" or "vast".

I maintain that there is nothing wrong with what he said. In fact your own construction was a lot clumsier...hardly anybody refers to themselves as being "versed" in something, even if it is technically grammatically correct. A more appropriate wording would be "well-versed".

Language is not just about grammar...there is a balancing of grammar, meaning, intrinsic aesthetic and inference...

Human beings are in fact, extremely vast. In the metaphorical sense of the word...

7 Likes

Re: Drop Your Most Embarrassing Moment - Let’s Laugh A Little by gift01: 7:44am On Sep 21, 2019
When I couldn't spell is in the exam hall. Spent close to 10 mins trying to decipher it. Invigilators thought I was flowing down the answers they didn't know I was doing a tutorial on how to spell is
Re: Drop Your Most Embarrassing Moment - Let’s Laugh A Little by gozzlin: 7:54am On Sep 21, 2019
midnighter:

As you can see from my last post, I definitely know the difference between "versed" and "vast" and have never pronounced them the same. I took this this up not for the sake of argument, but because I saw something wrong in what you said.

You are taking the statement too literally. The word "vast" can definitely be used in a figurative sense, more akin to the definition you provided in number (4). His meaning can be implied; I am [intellectually] vast enough to know everything about communication. the word "everything" is our context, showing that he could use either "versed" or "vast".

I maintain that there is nothing wrong with what he said. In fact your own construction was a lot clumsier...almost nobody refers to themselves as being "versed" in something, even if it is technically grammatically correct. A more appropriate wording would be "well-versed".

Language is not just about grammar...there is a balancing of grammar, meaning, intrinsic aesthetic and inference...

Human beings are in fact, extremely vast. In the metaphorical sense of the word...

I have exhausted all I could muster to tutor you in the previous post but it's obvious you're completely incorrigible and prefer to stick with your Nigerian English. Do carry on. Gracias.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The Long Snake Killed At A Poultry Farm This Afternoon / 5 Types Of Friends That Would Ruin Your Finances - Avoid Them!!! / Driver Electrocuted At Jakande Estate As Trailer Touches High Tension Wire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.