Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,544 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:37 PM

Tanker Falls On Otedola Bridge, Diesel Gushes Out - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tanker Falls On Otedola Bridge, Diesel Gushes Out (24207 Views)

Truck Falls On Otedola Bridge This Morning (Photos) / Fire On Otedola Bridge Guts Multiple Vehicles (Video) / Reckless Danfo Driver Collides With A Toyota Hiace Bus On Otedola Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tanker Falls On Otedola Bridge, Diesel Gushes Out by Kayharry(m): 7:07pm On Sep 20, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Is that not the same bridge where people were roasted alive amd cars destroyed last two years?
last year
Re: Tanker Falls On Otedola Bridge, Diesel Gushes Out by calddon(m): 7:14pm On Sep 20, 2019
johnmattew:
it's better one rent a house close to his office even if the cost is high than rent or build a house that's far from his office and cheaper without considering the suicidal stress and cost of transportation
I agree, some live in their own homes though thus they don't pay rent.
Re: Tanker Falls On Otedola Bridge, Diesel Gushes Out by wonlasewonimi: 7:19pm On Sep 20, 2019
Useless country...after the last incident, nothing of such should happen again; but this is Nigeria. The only thing they can seriously curb is an epidemic such as ebola cos they know it would have wiped everyone out.
Re: Tanker Falls On Otedola Bridge, Diesel Gushes Out by lukui: 7:19pm On Sep 20, 2019
that bridge self.............. well lemme keep kwayet!!! grin
Re: Tanker Falls On Otedola Bridge, Diesel Gushes Out by madgoat(m): 7:20pm On Sep 20, 2019
Akinsoladwayne:
Some stupid people in that area will go to that fallen tanker now and start packing diesel oooooo.....and boom! It catches fire shocked

Only cowards like you wont go. cheesy
To make it in life, u need to take risks smiley

1 Like

Re: Tanker Falls On Otedola Bridge, Diesel Gushes Out by Abbeyme: 7:22pm On Sep 20, 2019
Hope this incident is quickly contained.

Otherwise, pepper soup and nkwobi go finish o.
Re: Tanker Falls On Otedola Bridge, Diesel Gushes Out by CsRockefeller(m): 7:24pm On Sep 20, 2019
calddon:
I pity those who work in Lagos and live around magboro to opic. These days the suffering is not smiling, traffic at every sight.

I dey tell you Bros embarassed
Re: Tanker Falls On Otedola Bridge, Diesel Gushes Out by Imustreturn(m): 7:37pm On Sep 20, 2019
Sholaani:
Is diesel flammable?

Thinking out loud
madly like gas
Re: Tanker Falls On Otedola Bridge, Diesel Gushes Out by johnmattew: 7:40pm On Sep 20, 2019
calddon:
I agree, some live in their own homes though thus they don't pay rent.
what about the stress...I'd rather not build my house than encountering such stress....their life expectancy is getting lower with such stress

traffic stress in Lagos is the highest form of stress in nigeria
Re: Tanker Falls On Otedola Bridge, Diesel Gushes Out by Odunolumide(m): 8:41pm On Sep 20, 2019
Badonasty:

Something diabolical dey that bridge

What a typical African will think

1 Like

Re: Tanker Falls On Otedola Bridge, Diesel Gushes Out by TenthMan(m): 8:41pm On Sep 20, 2019
Traffic.
Re: Tanker Falls On Otedola Bridge, Diesel Gushes Out by dxdiag(m): 8:57pm On Sep 20, 2019
Stand still, very wicked traffic from ikoyi..... Still on transit to ojodu berger.
Over 3hrs in traffic and alapere is not within sight talkess of ojodu berger.
May God help us
Re: Tanker Falls On Otedola Bridge, Diesel Gushes Out by Oseunblues(m): 9:02pm On Sep 20, 2019
You sure say person go reach house today��‍♂️
Re: Tanker Falls On Otedola Bridge, Diesel Gushes Out by webngnews: 10:02pm On Sep 20, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Tanker Falls On Otedola Bridge, Diesel Gushes Out by mechanics(m): 10:42pm On Sep 20, 2019
Diesel is not volatile like petrol, so no cause for alarm.
Re: Tanker Falls On Otedola Bridge, Diesel Gushes Out by LesaSid: 2:48am On Sep 21, 2019
Some stupid people in that area will go to that fallen tanker now and start packing diesel
Re: Tanker Falls On Otedola Bridge, Diesel Gushes Out by bamdupsy28(f): 5:55am On Sep 21, 2019
MASTERCHIEF0847:
I can't see the police or FRSC in the pictures.

They were there.. Most of them had to rush to put off the fire of those women selling roasted corn close to that area...

1 Like

Re: Tanker Falls On Otedola Bridge, Diesel Gushes Out by bamdupsy28(f): 5:58am On Sep 21, 2019
LesaSid:
Some stupid people in that area will go to that fallen tanker now and start packing diesel

No one was allowed to go near it... All cars were diverted to pass inside the estate
Re: Tanker Falls On Otedola Bridge, Diesel Gushes Out by fr3do(m): 6:22am On Sep 21, 2019
People who know their hydrocarbons will know that diesel is not easily ignitable and is safe to scoop.
Re: Tanker Falls On Otedola Bridge, Diesel Gushes Out by Myself2(m): 7:04am On Sep 21, 2019
Akinsoladwayne:
Some stupid people in that area will go to that fallen tanker now and start packing diesel oooooo.....and boom! It catches fire shocked

It shows you don't know Otedola bridge, once any vehicle falls there, people try as much as possible to avoid that link. On a good day, the bridge is very dangerous in itself due to the sudden steep slope and numerous heavy duty vehicles that have to ply through it with most of them having brake failure and using buses and other vehicles as emergency "brakes" to stop their trailers. I tell you, with this news some people will not near there for the next two days
Re: Tanker Falls On Otedola Bridge, Diesel Gushes Out by middlebelter(m): 8:20am On Sep 21, 2019
Emmy9ite02:
The bridge sounds familiar. Was it not the same place the last incident happened!?

I hope something is done ASAP.

Stay clear!!!

Yes. It's the same location.

The issue with the location is the the steep slope that made it difficult for trucks to climb and traffic jam speed. Once there's traffic and trucks can't accelerate to climb, there's the tendency for the truck to reverse under the weight if! load. Often, you see Thier "Moto boy" hastily alight trying to wedge the tyre from rolling back under such circumstances, once the wedge is unable to stop reverse under the influence of weight, the probability of a fall will almost be 100%.
Lessons: cars should never move close to loaded truck when climbing a hill,
Never allow the danfo drivers to block that Berger bus stop. That is the major cause of traffic and live has been lost with million of Naira.
The construction of Kara Bridge most likely to have induced the traffic that lead to the fall of yesterday.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Asylum Seeker Is Murdered In Italy Video / Air Peace Issues A Statement On Boeing 737 Max 8 Order. / Peace Mass Transit Says Bus Fares Will Not Be Increased Despite Fuel Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.