Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,022 members, 7,807,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

World's First Vagina Museum Opens In London - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / World's First Vagina Museum Opens In London (98980 Views)

Canadian Who Wants Both A Vagina & Penis Wins Funding For Surgery (Photos) / Victor Ikwuemesi Dies Of Coronavirus In London / i.Con: World's First Smart Condom Detects STDs, Rates Men's Performance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

World's First Vagina Museum Opens In London by Ishilove: 7:52am On Sep 21, 2019
(CNN) — The first museum in the world dedicated solely to the vagina will open in London in November, after a crowdfunding campaign raised almost £50,000 (about $62,000).

The Vagina Museum will educate visitors about vulvas and vaginas while challenging the prevailing stigma surrounding them, development and marketing manager Zoe Williams told CNN.

Founder Florence Schechter developed the concept for the Vagina Museum after discovering a museum dedicated to joysticks in Iceland, the Icelandic Phallological Museum, but no counterpart for vaginas. Schechter and her team subsequently launched a campaign on Crowdfunder, initially aiming to raise £300,000.

"As this is the world's first bricks-and-mortar museum dedicated to vaginas, vulvas and the gynaecological anatomy, we didn't quite know what to expect in terms of interest, and were delighted with the £50,000 we raised," Williams said.

The museum will open on November 16 in a temporary location in London's Camden Market, with an exhibition entitled "Muff Busters: Vagina Myths and How to Fight Them." The exhibition will challenge "pervasive myths" about the vagina and vulva, Williams said, "such as that vaginas and vulva need to be cleaned through the use of bespoke feminine cleaning products; however, the vagina is completely self cleaning."

"We want to give everyone the confidence to talk about a perfectly normal part of the anatomy," Williams explained, citing a study from cancer research charity The Eve Appeal that found 65% of young women and girls in the UK struggled to use the words "vagina" or "vulva."

"There's nothing shameful or offensive about vulvas and vaginas," she said. "They're a part of the body that should be celebrated!"
https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/uk-vagina-museum-london-scli-gbr-intl/index.html?utm_source=twCNN&utm_term=link&utm_content=2019-09-21T03%3A31%3A06&utm_medium=social

1 Like 7 Shares

Re: World's First Vagina Museum Opens In London by Ishilove: 7:53am On Sep 21, 2019
Never had self esteem issues about mine, and I have never been uncomfortable talking about it. No siree...

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: World's First Vagina Museum Opens In London by immortalcrown(m): 7:55am On Sep 21, 2019
Wetin you call the moseum?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World's First Vagina Museum Opens In London by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 21, 2019
Ishilove:
Never had self esteem issues about mine, and I have never been uncomfortable talking about it. No siree...

So why have you been hiding it when We ask for bobs and vegana?

angry

236 Likes 15 Shares

Re: World's First Vagina Museum Opens In London by Ishilove: 7:56am On Sep 21, 2019
The Icelandic Phallological Museum referenced in the article is located in Reykjavík, Iceland and houses the world's largest display of _penises and penile parts.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icelandic_Phallological_Museum

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World's First Vagina Museum Opens In London by Ishilove: 7:57am On Sep 21, 2019
ornicus:

So why have you been hiding it when We ask for bobs and vegana?

angry
Because I would rather have a healthy, educative conversation about the female anatomy angry

98 Likes 4 Shares

Re: World's First Vagina Museum Opens In London by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 21, 2019
Ishilove:

Because I would rather have a healthy, educative conversation about the female anatomy angry

So show me your video with visual aids. Nigerian lecturer
No practical only theory. How can I talk about something I am not seeing angry

185 Likes 11 Shares

Re: World's First Vagina Museum Opens In London by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 21, 2019
Ishilove:
The Icelandic Phallological Museum referenced in the article is located in Reykjavík, Iceland and houses the world's largest display of _penises and penile parts.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icelandic_Phallological_Museum

I know you will find the picture with the largest visual aid. See as you dey look am tongue

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: World's First Vagina Museum Opens In London by Ishilove: 8:11am On Sep 21, 2019
ornicus:

I know you will find the picture with the largest visual aid. See as you dey look am tongue
LMAAAOOOO!! Ornicus!!! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: World's First Vagina Museum Opens In London by Ishilove: 8:12am On Sep 21, 2019
ornicus:

So show me your video with visual aids. Nigerian lecturer
No practical only theory. How can I talk about something I am not seeing angry
There are many illustrative diagrams of the vagina online. Google them angry

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World's First Vagina Museum Opens In London by Emmzy201(m): 8:23am On Sep 21, 2019
I don't know why I find this funny

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: World's First Vagina Museum Opens In London by CaptainMitch: 12:26pm On Sep 21, 2019
Beautiful, this is the kind of content I like

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: World's First Vagina Museum Opens In London by Ksslib(m): 12:27pm On Sep 21, 2019

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World's First Vagina Museum Opens In London by chiblaze07(m): 12:27pm On Sep 21, 2019
Re: World's First Vagina Museum Opens In London by mamaa88(f): 12:27pm On Sep 21, 2019
Good
Re: World's First Vagina Museum Opens In London by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 21, 2019
Oh so, for those who browse nl using a computer, are we going to pretend that we didnt observe that nairaland has changed it's font rendering?

And is that the only change they can come up with?

Back to the post? 'Vagina Museum'... really?

Advancement is quite funny. No matter how advancement keeps moving, it'll still get boring. When Sega came out, we all went haywire. Then Play Station, it felt unreal. Now how many of we grownups have time to even lift a pad again? Like I always say, too much advancement, will keep bringing boredom and will one day, cause a large-scale implosion.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: World's First Vagina Museum Opens In London by Codo22(m): 12:28pm On Sep 21, 2019
grin
Re: World's First Vagina Museum Opens In London by TheAngry1: 12:29pm On Sep 21, 2019
Ok
Re: World's First Vagina Museum Opens In London by Topccy007z: 12:29pm On Sep 21, 2019
Which kind wahala be this sef

2 Likes

Re: World's First Vagina Museum Opens In London by NaijaOlosho(f): 12:30pm On Sep 21, 2019
grin grin grin
Re: World's First Vagina Museum Opens In London by Ksslib(m): 12:30pm On Sep 21, 2019
Kalixx:
Oh so, for those who browse nl using a computer, are we going to pretend that we didnt observe that nairaland has changed it's font rendering?

And is that the only change they can come up with?
It's even visible on mobile. I noticed it too. Font is now taller.

12 Likes

Re: World's First Vagina Museum Opens In London by chiblaze07(m): 12:30pm On Sep 21, 2019
TO THOSE IT MAY CONCERN

SNAIL FARMING BUSINESS:

TOPIC: How to hatch your snail eggs to ensure increased number of hatchlings.

Have you been looking for a way to incubate your snail eggs so that you can hatch more snails for your snail farm?

Can I tell you something?

Hatching snail eggs is one of the easiest things to do in snail farming.

That’s why you don’t get to see many articles that give clarity to this topic.

They assume you should know how to hatch snail eggs by yourself without anyone teaching you.

In this article, I will take you through the entire process of setting up an incubator for snails eggs and also show you how to incubate snail eggs.

That’s not all!

I will also teach you how to care for the snail eggs while they are still in the incubator, and how you can track the hatching of new snails for business records.

At the end of this article, I have added a video that will show you practically everything you need to know about hatching snails eggs.

If you are ready, let’s dive right in!!

Read the full article - How to hatch snail eggs

Read other related articles on https://agro4africa.com

Ishilove:

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/uk-vagina-museum-london-scli-gbr-intl/index.html?utm_source=twCNN&utm_term=link&utm_content=2019-09-21T03%3A31%3A06&utm_medium=social
Re: World's First Vagina Museum Opens In London by oluwasegun007(m): 12:30pm On Sep 21, 2019
You will definitely have an erection entering the museum...

grin
Re: World's First Vagina Museum Opens In London by iheartellah(m): 12:31pm On Sep 21, 2019
cheesy

Re: World's First Vagina Museum Opens In London by anambraamaka: 12:31pm On Sep 21, 2019
Nice �
Re: World's First Vagina Museum Opens In London by anambraamaka: 12:31pm On Sep 21, 2019
Nice

1 Like

Re: World's First Vagina Museum Opens In London by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 21, 2019
I want to visit

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

51 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 493. 17 deaths. 159 discharged / Lorna Breen: US Doctor Dies By Committing Suicide / Woman's Body Transformation Surprises Social Media Users (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.