Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,689 members, 7,805,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home (55915 Views)

Family Of Cockroaches Living In Chinese Man’s Ear (pic) / How To Get Rid Of Wall Gecko And Cockroaches At Home / 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Dark Lips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by DeviIhimseIf: 10:02am On Sep 21, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
good one, sugar and camphor thats a new one
[/s]
Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 21, 2019
Skyfornia:
5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches In Your Home - BY AKINWALE AKINYOADE

If there is one common household pest we all hate, it is cockroaches as they are one of the hardest to get rid of. Their reproductive capabilities make it challenging to rid yourself of them completely as it is as if you cut one head off, two more will take its place.

Cockroaches pose serious health risks to families, as they carry a large number of diseases like dysentery, typhoid, poliomyelitis, and gastroenteritis to name a few.

Additionally, cockroach faeces may cause eczema and an allergic reaction in some people. They contaminate whatever substance they come into contact with and that is why for the wellbeing of your family, you check out these top tips below on controlling these pests.

1 Clean, clean and clean again
Most household pests feed off dirt and that is why you have to ensure your house is spic-and-span because cockroaches are attracted to food residue, particularly grease. A 15-minute clean-up at the end of each night is enough to eliminate most residues.

2 Seal up crack and holes
Sealing cracks, skirting boards and any other entry points cockroaches use to gain access will assist in getting rid of cockroaches especially if you live in an apartment and have neighbours who don’t maintain the same standards of cleanliness as you do. You can use a tube of caulk and a caulking gun to do the job. Additionally, this will help prevent cockroaches from entering your home.

3 Fix any water leaks
The reason you find cockroaches scurrying under the sink is that they are attracted to moisture and water. Some cockroaches can survive for months without food, but only days without water so close off their water sources by repairing even the tiniest of leaks. Don’t let water stand in your sink or buckets, store food in sealed containers or in sealed plastic bags and clean food debris from under fridges or cookers.

4 Make your own natural cockroach bait
Mix three parts boric acid( or powdered camphor) with one part powdered sugar. The sugar lures the roaches, while the boric acid kills them. Although the boric acid isn’t toxic to people or pets, it can be irritating so keep it away from counters and places where little fingers and noses can reach. Sprinkle it under and behind the refrigerator, stove and dishwasher, under the sink, and into cracks along the edges of cabinets and other cracks they may hide.

5 Bring in the experts
If you have a big infestation of roaches on your hand, then you may want to bring in a professional exterminator.

6 Hunt them all down and sell to the Chinese. Cockroaches are in high demand in China and Nigerian roaches are the tastiest species.

https://m.guardian.ng/life/tips-on-getting-rid-of-cockroaches-from-your-home/

Fixed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by ilyasom(m): 10:07am On Sep 21, 2019
Buy a cat, thank me later
Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by actualization: 10:12am On Sep 21, 2019
After...all...steps written...&....the keep coming...then contact me......... Golden-bows... available for Decorations...08023410243
Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by blackboy(m): 10:13am On Sep 21, 2019
I totally agree. I have tried sprays almost everything in the past but when I tried the green leaf powder... abrakadabra it works like magic no smell no stress. You will see dead roaches and after a while you will wonder where they all went to.

Its the most effective I have tried.

AryaSand:
Buy Green Leaf powder and pour it everywhere. It is 50naira per sachet and works like MAGIC.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by Strongbest(m): 10:23am On Sep 21, 2019
Try my mix (formula), I call it weapon of mass destruction.

I bet you won't see them around your house again.

Check my free training thread for details and thank me later.

See my signature for thread.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by midnighter(f): 10:23am On Sep 21, 2019
AryaSand:
Buy Green Leaf powder and pour it everywhere. It is 50naira per sachet and works like MAGIC.

yes i prefer this than spraying chemicals everywhere that will kill the cockroach and kill you too. That powder is a godsend...

sprays, camphors and all that stuff have a lot of cancer-causing agents and chemicals that do some nerve damage

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by PrincessB1(f): 10:28am On Sep 21, 2019
Clean every nook and corner of your room most especially your kitchen and store and apply the green leaf cockroach powder below at every corner.

You will be surprised how they will dissapear from your kitchen and some will die.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by uuzba(m): 10:28am On Sep 21, 2019
You mean you don't like cockroaches?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es0dcoiww60
Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by midnighter(f): 10:29am On Sep 21, 2019
I never found the cure for those giant mutant cockroaches that wander in from the bush...one night I was sleeping and heard an incredible noise coming from my sink...thought it was a rat...it was actually a huge cockroach scrabbling around before it died...wonder why it came into my room to die...sad

even if you spray it or beat it with broom/slipper it will revive after a few hours....like something from jurassic park...

4 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by deebrain(m): 10:32am On Sep 21, 2019
omoadeleye:
Use Sniper mixed with kerosene, very effective

Seconded
Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by uuzba(m): 10:33am On Sep 21, 2019
jerry447:
I hate cockroaches WITH PASSION
Is that so?
I hate cockroaches WITHOUT passion.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 21, 2019
Wouldn't believe I saw packs of roaches in Buckingham palace, and it's also guests in white House, and has crawled on Presidio Duterte of Philippines. Respect themooooooo
Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by JennyJohnson(f): 10:45am On Sep 21, 2019
Didijiji:
I hate them with passion

Was thinking there is something you are suggesting like a particular pesticide to kill them

Quarterly fumigation of ur house n surrounding is best... Contact us for ur fumigation jobs... zero nine zero six three triple eight one double four
Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 21, 2019
And the Asians eat them! Disgusting!! �
Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 10:55am On Sep 21, 2019
I can’t forget the day cockroach entered my boxer!!!!!! I felt like a rape victim cry

11 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by Cutehector(m): 10:56am On Sep 21, 2019
Sniper is like the bestestest. One drop and all the damn cockroaches everywhere are dead.
Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by Psoul(m): 11:01am On Sep 21, 2019
The Best way to get rid of cockroach in ur home is never to let them enter the first time.
My brother, once they entered, they don enter finish. There is nothing u can do to get rid of them.

It is easier to get rat off ur home than cockroach.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by omoadeleye(m): 11:03am On Sep 21, 2019
akanniade10:

I have been to 2 local shops in my area now, I can’t find sniper.

Where is your place?
Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by Premiumwriter: 11:03am On Sep 21, 2019
Sanfranka6:
OP not the ones I have here in my room, they always cover their nose whenever I apply any insecticide and move around like we contributed to pay house rent.

Meanwhile I dedicate this ftc to myself, finally Glo network delivered

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by showafrica(m): 11:03am On Sep 21, 2019
Didijiji:
I hate them with passion

Was thinking there is something you are suggesting like a particular pesticide to kill them

Cocroach powder is doing great job for me... Does not smell and soon as Cocroach crosses the path that's the end

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by MrsMusty(f): 11:08am On Sep 21, 2019
[quote author=AryaSand post=82427648]Buy Green Leaf powder and pour it everywhere. It is 50naira per sachet and works like MAGIC. [/quote0]

Took the words right out of my mouth. Very effective.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by Obinnau(m): 11:12am On Sep 21, 2019
eyeon:
One sure way is to kill on sight.
what's the name of this game?
Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by Jamorezzi: 11:13am On Sep 21, 2019
I dont know about any other person , but I so much hate this thing called cock grin roaches
Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by Meteng: 11:13am On Sep 21, 2019
akanniade10:

They won't sell to you. They think you want to kill yourself grin

5 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 21, 2019
I really really hate that thing.

It's because of the way we build our drainage. They live and multiply there.

I haven't seen one roach even tiny one since I left the country which convinced me that our drainage system breeds them.

7 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 21, 2019
akanniade10:

Next time dress corporate and smile, they will have

3 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by midnighter(f): 11:20am On Sep 21, 2019
sassysure:
I really really hate that thing.

It's because of the way we build our drainage. They live and multiply there.

I haven't seen one roach even tiny one since I left the country which convinced me that our drainage system breeds them.

Yea and rats too

What i notice is that even if ones house is very dirty, if the outside surrounding areas are built up, rat/cockroach/lizard will have no idea that house even exists

Its because of surrounding bad drainage and dirty waterways that pests find their way because of the moisture and the smell. Most of them would rather be outside

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by Kareemtoyin: 11:36am On Sep 21, 2019
Go and buy KILL IT any insect in the house will surely die once it even kill scorpion as well small one is 1000 naira why big one is 1800 you will thank me later
Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 21, 2019
Didijiji:
I hate them with passion

I hate these insects so much that I express physical aggression towards them anytime they are at sight. I have made it a duty to even wake up at night, go to the kitchen to see if the idiots are in session, and then launch my insecticidal deterrent; most small creatures are afraid of that snarl.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by Crixxx: 11:45am On Sep 21, 2019
Very disgusting, irritating insect. Like dirts, dark corner and smell alot.

Will run when you switch on light . Like playing dead. You will hit it and think it's dead return to see empty casket... if you decide to use the hatred you have for them and smash it, it will be worse because the abdomen will be smashed and emptied and that's more disgusting grin

They smell a lot and that's the annoying part.
But I think if you stay in a story building you won't have them in your home that much or atall.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by ceeceeuwa: 11:54am On Sep 21, 2019
Yusfunoble:
Roaches, the biggest gangster in your household.
To get rid of them or bedbugs.
Mixed camphor+sniper+hot water together, their base and leave house for them. You will thank me later.

But who changed nairaland font style na angry
I thought it was from my end here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Doctors Remove 40 Knives From Man's Stomach In India (pic) / Sukru Oytan, Turkish TV Presenter Collapses, Suffers Heart Attack Live On Air / ‘Doctor’ Sucks Patients’ Sperm In Minna, Niger State (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.