Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home (55926 Views)

Family Of Cockroaches Living In Chinese Man’s Ear (pic) / How To Get Rid Of Wall Gecko And Cockroaches At Home / 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Dark Lips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 21, 2019
Is the powder not also toxic to your health? Do you know it's ingredients?

Some of powder may float in air like dust and could be inhaled.
Also unless it kills the roaches immediately on contact, roaches will spread the toxin around the house and even to any food that's not properly covered.

Best option is cleaning and denying them water.
midnighter:

yes i prefer this than spraying chemicals everywhere that will kill the cockroach and kill you too. That powder is a godsend...

sprays, camphors and all that stuff have a lot of cancer-causing agents and chemicals that do some nerve damage

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by joshingjosh(m): 12:05pm On Sep 21, 2019
eyeon:
One sure way is to kill on sight.

Game name?
Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by Simplecity(m): 12:06pm On Sep 21, 2019
Bouncingbabyboy:
I can’t forget the day cockroach entered my boxer!!!!!! I felt like a rape victim cry
haq haq haq haq....disvirgined by a cockroach

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by mercyviv(f): 12:11pm On Sep 21, 2019
Cockroaches are naturally home inhabitants, whether you clean up or not doesn't mean much. Even in Aso rock there must be cockroaches .
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 12:21pm On Sep 21, 2019
Simplecity:
haq haq haq haq....disvirgined by a cockroach
loool
Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by midnighter(f): 12:32pm On Sep 21, 2019
GenBuhari:
Is the powder not also toxic to your health? Do you know it's ingredients?

Some of powder may float in air like dust and could be inhaled.
Also unless it kills the roaches immediately on contact, roaches will spread the toxin around the house and even to any food that's not properly covered.

Best option is cleaning and denying them water.

Thats why I pour the powder into a small container, leave the cover slightly ajar and then place it in a corner where the cockroaches are.

I browsed the ingredients of that greenleaf before opening it and it has a low toxicity for humans

All this stuff is harmful sha but we have to manage them, those things are too disgusting for words. Cleaning doesnt seem to be enough

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by esty57(f): 12:39pm On Sep 21, 2019
AryaSand:
Buy Green Leaf powder and pour it everywhere. It is 50naira per sachet and works like MAGIC.
you have said it all. That powder works like magic, I use to have problems with cockroaches, used all the insecticide, sniper, camphor, but didn't work until I found the green leaf powder now that have all disappeared from my home.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 21, 2019
ppreye:
Cockroaches like playing dead angry
.. I think rats have picked up this trait.

I hit a rat with broom very hard, it fell and was shaking on the ground like it was having a seizure..

It stopped shaking and laid there lifeless.. Left it there and went to do something. Came back and saw this rat trying to escape like this first..

In my mind I be like so this rat they deceive me sha.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by Yusfunoble(m): 12:53pm On Sep 21, 2019
ceeceeuwa:

I thought it was from my end here.

I was thinking the same too, but it’s not.
Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by Duggedised12(f): 12:56pm On Sep 21, 2019
PrincessB1:
Clean every nook and corner of your room most especially your kitchen and store and apply the green leaf cockroach powder below at every corner.

You will be surprised how they will dissapear from your kitchen and some will die.
is it available all over the country?

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by Tenshades(m): 1:01pm On Sep 21, 2019
blackboy:
I totally agree. I have tried sprays almost everything in the past but when I tried the green leaf powder... abrakadabra it works like magic no smell no stress. You will see dead roaches and after a while you will wonder where they all went to.

Its the most effective I have tried.

Where especially can one buy it from?

Mama sukura for my area fit dey look say which one be green powder.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by sofiscatedmoron: 1:01pm On Sep 21, 2019
akanniade10:

I have been to 2 local shops in my area now, I can’t find sniper.
run from snipper
Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 1:03pm On Sep 21, 2019
eyeon:
Please this screen shot is from which game?
Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by Tenshades(m): 1:03pm On Sep 21, 2019
midnighter:
I never found the cure for those giant mutant cockroaches that wander in from the bush...one night I was sleeping and heard an incredible noise coming from my sink...thought it was a rat...it was actually a huge cockroach scrabbling around before it died...wonder why it came into my room to die...sad

even if you spray it or beat it with broom/slipper it will revive after a few hours....like something from jurassic park...

That's a vamproach.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by piagetskinner(m): 1:07pm On Sep 21, 2019
Sniper has been banned by Nafdac...

Because of people using it to comit suicide
Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by Tenshades(m): 1:09pm On Sep 21, 2019
biGDhAp:
.. I think rats have picked up this trait.

I hit a rat with broom very hard, it fell and was shaking on the ground like it was having a seizure..

It stopped shaking and laid there lifeless.. Left it there and went to do something. Came back and saw this rat trying to escape like this first..

In my mind I be like so this rat they deceive me sha.

LWKMD grin grin grin grin
Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by salford1: 1:29pm On Sep 21, 2019
Roaches are worldwide. From USA to Europe, from Asia to Africa. They have been around since the age of dinoseurs. It is believed that even if the world is destroyed by nuclear weapon, roaches would survive.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by Didijiji: 1:57pm On Sep 21, 2019
JennyJohnson:

Quarterly fumigation of ur house n surrounding is best... Contact us for ur fumigation jobs... zero nine zero six three triple eight one double four
In Abuja?
Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by eyeon(m): 2:42pm On Sep 21, 2019
MASTERCHIEF0847:

Please this screen shot is from which game?
I don't really know. I only went to google and typed KILL ON SIGHT.
Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by eyeon(m): 2:44pm On Sep 21, 2019
joshingjosh:

Game name?
I don't really know. I searched KILL ON SIGHT on Google to get that screenshot.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by PrincessB1(f): 3:09pm On Sep 21, 2019
Duggedised12:
is it available all over the country?
Oh yes it is.
Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by 77up(m): 3:12pm On Sep 21, 2019
eyeon:
name of this game dallah cheesy ?
Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by Duggedised12(f): 3:26pm On Sep 21, 2019
PrincessB1:

Oh yes it is.
OK will be on the look out for it,thanks

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by cookingsoul(m): 4:05pm On Sep 21, 2019
those flying german cockroach nah evil.
Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by princetg: 4:13pm On Sep 21, 2019
Nice one grin
Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 21, 2019
Lol one time , my mum saw a cockroach on the wall. Cos I m the tallest in the house.. she called me to kill it . I was like ahhh me ? Well I grabbed the nearest broom.. went to where the cockroach was .. I was approaching it small small like hitman and as I was bout to hit it .. it FLEW ..OH MY God ..it flew.. started chasing me O.. I was just running round the sitting room till it fell..then I angrily squashed it with my slippers.. I'm a bad ass.. grin

3 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by eyeon(m): 6:20pm On Sep 21, 2019
77up:
name of this game dallah cheesy ?
I only searched KILL ON SIGHT on Google to get that screenshot.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by PreyingMantis(m): 6:40pm On Sep 21, 2019
omoadeleye:
Use Sniper mixed with kerosene, very effective
How do you administer?
Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by omoadeleye(m): 7:53pm On Sep 21, 2019
PreyingMantis:
How do you administer?

Just an half bottle of kerosene then pour like two or three bottle cap of sniper juice inside in the kerosene, then shake the bottle of the mixture, then you can now spray it around, make sure anything relating to food intake is secured, then close the door and windows, and leave for three or how many hours you want... That's a sure genocide for any pest around.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by akanniade10(m): 7:57pm On Sep 21, 2019
Meteng:
They won't sell to you. They think you want to kill yourself grin

Lol grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home by Toseenlove: 7:58pm On Sep 21, 2019
sassysure:
I really really hate that thing.

It's because of the way we build our drainage. They live and multiply there.

I haven't seen one roach even tiny one since I left the country which convinced me that our drainage system breeds them.

You made a very nice point but I would like to ask If U've seen the Soakaway of some houses Cheiiii. I almost threw up a day I saw a House Soakaways filled with Hundreds of Cockroaches ahhhh!!!! They were having Fun like Bees!!! I was like Eeeei.....And people are living In this Compound. Nigeria Is a very Terrible place on Earth.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Doctors Remove 40 Knives From Man's Stomach In India (pic) / Sukru Oytan, Turkish TV Presenter Collapses, Suffers Heart Attack Live On Air / ‘Doctor’ Sucks Patients’ Sperm In Minna, Niger State (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.