Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,932 members, 7,799,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money (35841 Views)

Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by xpresseeve: 2:13pm On Sep 21, 2019
LadySarah:

Let Go how?
It is too much let it Go that kept us this way.If ppl treated everybody well,all this issue wont Come up.

Sometimes You need to speak up so others coming behind You wont suffer the same fate.She is a mother,She leaves her kids to Go toil and You say let go.

Her toil brought no results sir.

Be objective.

Did she deliver on her goals?
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 21, 2019
xpresseeve:

This is totally out of place. I am no Buhari fan but you cannot fault his English grammar. His accent may be very strong but the grammar is faultless.
So, Buhari's grammar is impeccable?

1 Like

Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by xpresseeve: 2:14pm On Sep 21, 2019
[quote author=laytoshtwo post=82434031][/quote]

Her attitude is really bad.

Very bad. That she survived 3 weeks is a miracle.
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by laytoshtwo: 2:16pm On Sep 21, 2019
I will advice you to delete the post,the police will use cyber crime act section 24,she will get you arrested and the table will turn.Those giving you advice will have disappear,they will only comment you will face the music alone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by Lamanii22(f): 2:16pm On Sep 21, 2019
glorybasseymma:
I was employed by Mrs. Jola Otedola. to work as a social media person. My duties were to open all the social media pages, create awareness, runs Ads and promote the company online and bring people to books ticket etc. and I can also assist others in ticketing and reservation, attend to client's travel needs.

I open all the social media pages, drive traffics and followers to the page less than 3weeks. I Runs ads and promote the business, contact an influencer to help us promote our next tours. some people called for booking but because of the money she is asking them to pay, the decline and book else were.

Now after 3weeks of paying transport from Alagbole to Victoria Island every day. She told me yesterday that she wants t to employ someone else, that does not bring sales. NOTE(The business just started on the first of 2nd of September this 2019)

I am the one that opens all the social media pages.

I ask of my 3weeks payment, She calls the security to throw me out. Saying that I am a church rat that I should go to court, telling me not to go to police cause they will not do anything to her. Because she has money and she is married to OTEDOLA JUNIOR.

And I am the 5 person she is doing this too. The business name is Flightjara Travels and Tour.LOcated in SAnusi fafunwa victoria island Lagos. I have the contact of another worker if you need more detail. I needs judges with this, cause she believes I can not do anything to her because of who she is married to,

It is twitter than can help you... Pay some influencers like dreylo or tolutezzy.... People can be wicked sha oo... And she even adopted the name "otedola" one would think she's from the real otedola's family....
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by laytoshtwo: 2:16pm On Sep 21, 2019
I will advice you to delete the post,the police will use cyber crime act section 24,she will get you arrested and the table will turn.Those giving you advice would disappear,they will only comment you will face the music alone.
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by xpresseeve: 2:17pm On Sep 21, 2019
justbusy:
So, Buhari's grammar is impeccable?

No, no where near impeccable. But at least passable.

I mean it is devoid of very obvious grammatical flaws.

We have had really great presidents on that score.

All speak fairly good English.

I cannot same for their wives though.
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by valentinenw(f): 2:17pm On Sep 21, 2019
xpresseeve:

People on the lower rungs of the ladder should learn not to be crying fowl.

Travelling from Alagbole to V.I was not part of the job description.

She took a job for which she had no training or expertise for.

13 followers in 3 weeks! Haba.

Be honest, that page has some good content. I'm sure she was multitasking in that office not only social media handling.
Lastly, she said many people unfollowed the page

6 Likes

Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by TellTheTruth: 2:17pm On Sep 21, 2019
glorybasseymma:
I was employed by Mrs. Jola Otedola. to work as a social media person. My duties were to open all the social media pages, create awareness, runs Ads and promote the company online and bring people to books ticket etc. and I can also assist others in ticketing and reservation, attend to client's travel needs.

I open all the social media pages, drive traffics and followers to the page less than 3weeks. I Runs ads and promote the business, contact an influencer to help us promote our next tours. some people called for booking but because of the money she is asking them to pay, the decline and book else were.

Now after 3weeks of paying transport from Alagbole to Victoria Island every day. She told me yesterday that she wants t to employ someone else, that does not bring sales. NOTE(The business just started on the first of 2nd of September this 2019)

I ask of my 3weeks payment, She calls the security to throw me out. Saying that I am a church rat that I should go to court, telling me not to go to police cause they will not do anything to her. Because she has money and she is married to OTEDOLA JUNIOR.

And I am the 5 person she is doing this too. The business name is Flightjara Travels and Tour.LOcated in SAnusi fafunwa victoria island Lagos. I have the contact of another worker if you need more detail. I needs judges with this, cause she believes I can not do anything to her because of who she is married to,

Your English alone is so catastrophic that no one with the intention of growing a big company would want to keep you in such a position.

Anyway sorry for your travails.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by MrToy: 2:18pm On Sep 21, 2019
okirewaju:
Change the password of all the social media handles. Then wait for her call

This sounds like a good point, negotiation will begin immediately.
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by Cutehector(m): 2:18pm On Sep 21, 2019
Lol, your writing is killing grin

1 Like

Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by valentinenw(f): 2:19pm On Sep 21, 2019
xpresseeve:

Her toil brought no results sir.

Be objective.

Did she deliver on her goals?

Pay her off. Simple

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by sylve11: 2:19pm On Sep 21, 2019
Michelle55:
Let's look beyond her grammatical errors and proffer a solution to the matter on ground. No one is perfect when it comes to English so let's not crucify her over it. Madame, kindly change the passwords of all the SMs account, she will come looking for you.. But if the said salary ain't much, just let it go. Sometimes, it's best to let go no matter how painful and difficult it may seem.

she's powerful and she can kill...... i hope you understand me? cool
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by xpresseeve: 2:19pm On Sep 21, 2019
laytoshtwo:
I will advice you to delete the post,the police will use cyber crime act section 24,she will get you arrested and the table will turn.Those giving you advice would disappear,they will only comment you will face the music alone.

Its so pathetic. She even published the womans real names.

This is what the recent rape brouhaha has brought upon us.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by capitalzero: 2:19pm On Sep 21, 2019
okirewaju:
Change the password of all the social media handles. Then wait for her call

Good thinking
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by Eraserubbish(m): 2:20pm On Sep 21, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
Was she not interviewed before employment? People dont employ themselves in another person's company. It's on the company to employ qualified hands. As long as you employed them, and they have used their time, money and resources to actually work for you, you have to pay them.
some ppl can speak a bit fluently,but putting it in writing could be terrible,talking from experience

1 Like

Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by laytoshtwo: 2:20pm On Sep 21, 2019
MrToy:

This sounds like a good point, negotiation will begin immediately.

Your advice is good but police will not know you gave this advice. #50k is enough for a Nigeria police to do beyond what you send him grin.By that time you will be eating rice and fried chicken,your advice would have lead someone to kirikiri
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 21, 2019
wirinet:

Don't you speak better English than Buhari? People that are obsessed with other people's English are usually very poor at English themselves. They tend to deflect from their own frailties by deflecting attention to others. I once met an illiterate taxi driver telling me that Buhari has no certificate and can't speak English. I just laughed.
You call the taxi driver illiterate! What do you call a man who can read in Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa; but can't read in English language? An illiterate person? Illiteracy is the inability to read or write! The dictionary never specified the language one must be versed in before being addressed as "literate." That taxi driver may be literate in the local language!

7 Likes

Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by Eraserubbish(m): 2:20pm On Sep 21, 2019
bigcee:

Mor0n
I could just click the 'report buttom',but I rather not
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by glorybasseymma: 2:21pm On Sep 21, 2019
kunki90:
@OP, I understand your situation. I have worked as a social media manager before and I know how it feels to put in time and hardwork to grow pages and see your client show no gratitude.

I checked @flightjara on instagram now, you were only able to add 14 followers within 3 weeks of taking up this work. For the kinds of strategy ( ads, giveaways etc) you put in growing this account , I'd say this is a very low ROI. If you implement real Instagram growth strategies, that page should have 300+ followers by now, even without ads or anything.

One of the questions, we should be asking you is if you are an expert at this and if you aren't, were you clever enough to outsource or contact someone who could have put you through.

There is more to this story i believe
Thy were more than 100 plus, it was same yesterday that I explained the situation to them and they unfollowed them self.
The only ads she gave me money to run, I needed to stop it.
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by smasher1(m): 2:21pm On Sep 21, 2019
glorybasseymma:

I feel for you because I used to live in your area and I understand how difficult it is to go to work in the island.

But if you do have some money, forget about the lady and the work and look for another place. Some people are trouble and it's going to cost you a lot trying to get justice and you may never get it
Leave her for Almighty God to judge and God would bless you with a better opportunity.

If she said what you typed, don't fight her, please. Move on.

Just my little advice.

She would surely meet her Waterloo.
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by glorybasseymma: 2:22pm On Sep 21, 2019
kunki90:
@OP, I understand your situation. I have worked as a social media manager before and I know how it feels to put in time and hardwork to grow pages and see your client show no gratitude.

I checked @flightjara on instagram now, you were only able to add 14 followers within 3 weeks of taking up this work. For the kinds of strategy ( ads, giveaways etc) you put in growing this account , I'd say this is a very low ROI. If you implement real Instagram growth strategies, that page should have 300+ followers by now, even without ads or anything.

One of the questions, we should be asking you is if you are an expert at this and if you aren't, were you clever enough to outsource or contact someone who could have put you through.

There is more to this story i believe
They were more than 100 plus, it was same yesterday that I explained the situation to them and they unfollowed them self.
The only ads she gave me money to run, I needed to stop it.
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by xpresseeve: 2:22pm On Sep 21, 2019
valentinenw:

Pay her off. Simple

She decides not to.

And she has her reasons.

Maybe she will publish some day and just maybe your perspective will change.

Story doesnt add up. Its filled with solicitation for sympathy.

I challenge her to publish her Appointment letter.
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by sliqboy: 2:23pm On Sep 21, 2019
Oktane:

Shouldn't we at least hear the other side of the story first?

She also deserves to be heard.

Our blood is too hot and we react most times from a very emotional standpoint.

Objectivity requires our viewing the entire episode dispassionately.

You have a point sha,
I was even about to call them up and blast them,
If at all her new social media is half as competent, he/she would have responded by now.
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by pansophist(m): 2:24pm On Sep 21, 2019
I hate injustice with the last drop of my blood. Named bookmarked, will never patronize that firm, including any of associates.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by SirWhiteFish: 2:25pm On Sep 21, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Does your letter of employment mention remuneration and the agreed figure?.....
good afternoon. I have similar issue. My employment letter carries remuneration and agreed figure of 12,000... Only that at a point when I was transfered to the secondary section it came with an increment of 3k making it 15k... The woman has refused to pay me despite calls.
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by BigDick70inch(m): 2:26pm On Sep 21, 2019
With this..i can say u ain't a SMART LADY oo..
Now u ruined everything..
Nah which kind Play be dat ehn??
Even..with u still havin the evidence..is still gon be 50:50..
Just chill Oo and relax Oo..
In fact..i see no reason why you should take it up anymore..
U LOST YO WEAPON ALREADY WHICH IS THE "EVIDENCE"..IF CARE ISNT TAKEN U MIGHT EVEN GET PUNISHED Oo..
As it stands now"U R undecidedJUST A TOOTHLESS BULLDOG/FIGHTING A LOST BATTLE"..
NEXT TIME BE SUPER SMART MADAM!!!!!!!! undecided undecided

glorybasseymma:
The painful part is that, yesterday morning when she came to work.
She playfully told me to give her all the login details of the social media pages, and I did.
Even the phone, she gave me to use for Posting, she collected it from me and refuse me to delete my details from it and also refuse to give me my sim card.
It was one of the security, that beg her to give me back my Sim. My email, WhatsApp etc are in that phone.
Pls guys, I want this post to reach the home page.
Cause right now ,am depress. All my suffer, leaving my children with someone still sometimes 10pm bfor I get home.
And it was part of that money I was main to add to my children sch fees.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by laytoshtwo: 2:26pm On Sep 21, 2019
pansophist:
I hate injustice with the last drop of my blood. Named bookmarked, will never patronize that firm, including any of associates.

You have only heard one side of the story,lf someone write an unverified story against you,you won't like your comment. grin grin grin grin
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by ednut1(m): 2:27pm On Sep 21, 2019
Delete the post and move on. You can't fight her in court. You defamed her on the website so she has valid reasons not to pay you. You also had less than 20 followers. Even me that is not an expert my business page had over 50 in that space of time . When she gets you arrested now your kids will suffer. Abeg move on. Some nigerian one man business owners are mean people. This kind woman won't mind paying police to jail you and out you on awaiting trial
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by stormborn28(m): 2:28pm On Sep 21, 2019
Mrs Jola Otedola, your village people don finally hear your prayers... They are already deliberating on your matter...
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by Sammiel: 2:28pm On Sep 21, 2019
bigcee:

How old are you pls?
Why quote me with such a stupid question? I found her posts disgusting and I expressed my displeasure accordingly because I discovered she was unrepentanly unwilling to pay attention to her typos despite being corrected by some folks. My post might be harsh on her but then that is my opinion and you should respect that!
Re: My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money by wirinet(m): 2:29pm On Sep 21, 2019
justbusy:
You call the taxi driver illiterate! What do you call a man who can read in Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa; but can't read in English language? An illiterate person? Illiteracy is the inability to read or write! The dictionary never specified the language one must be versed in before being addressed as "literate." That taxi driver may be literate in the local language!

We are taking in the context of the PDP and IPOB's narrative that Buhari is an illiterate because he cannot speak good English (Due to his heavy Hausa intonation). Buhari most certainly can read and write Hausa. Even most people shouting "Buhari is an illiterate" is because they quarrel with his oral English, and not because he can read and write Hausa.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Are Female Members Of Nigerian Armed Forces Allowed To Plait Their Hair / Body Languages That Could Be Doing You More Harm Than Good In The Work Place / Frank Mba Promoted To The Rank Of A Commissioner Of Police (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.