Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

Crowdfunding, A Source Of Funding - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Crowdfunding, A Source Of Funding (1049 Views)

List Of Funding Opportunities Available For Startups Worldwide / Crowdfunding Investment Platforms And Options (non Agritech Categories) / Crowdfunding Platforms In Nigeria: Investing In Agriculture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Crowdfunding, A Source Of Funding by Fish4wealth: 10:35am On Sep 21, 2019
I welcome you all as i share my practical experience on the subject "crowdfunding". And i hope that the few nuggets i will be sharing will assist someone to see the possibility of raising his/her desired funding.

Crowdfunding, the alternative source of equitable funding. In the face of financial challenges, sources such as loan majorly has become a dreaded road to seek and source for funding.
Hence, let's take a dive into *why* and *how* of crowdfunding.

What is crowd funding... Simply a system where two or more like minded individuals brings resources(capital/money/) together for a common goal and mutual benefits.

We live in an uncertainty business environment with many contending factors both *_natural_* and *_human_*

I guess someone can relate with the bolded words��

May i equally add that, what I'm sharing on the subject matter should not be subjected to theoretical postulation( this is not science nor engineering that comes with SI-units) neither should readers accept all informations as an applicable method of getting crowdfunded.
This definition must be well understood.....unlike other sources of funding...the word "likeminded" is very crucial here.
Every personal interest is subdued within the collective interest hence if your personal interest is not in alliance, it's best not to add your penny.

What is to be crowdfunded....

Interestingly, fund seeker(s) sees this as a work-over� but seriously it forms the bedrock and actually determines the entire process of crowdfunding, same applies to other sources with just few technical differences.�

Consequently, how then does crowdfunding works??```*
1a. What business/idea is to be crowdfunded?
1b. Who is/are the promoter(s)?
1c. What expertise/qualification do they possess?

If these can be proven convincingly, half of the work is done.( personal experience though).

*Reasons* it is human to associate with success than failure hence knowing the managers abilities gives a 50% assurance of a hopeful investment.

�#1: Do you think you have a ground breaking investment worth business idea but yet all means to raise or get funds to launch it as been a mirage.

The truth is, you might be seeking for the wrong source of funding for a right business.....

Stay focus, keep pushing.
#AgroWealth@Amb Young

It is also worthy of note to state that an individual can request for or design his/her business to attract crowdfund but it is more effective if such is done as a group or legal entity.

The following are pertinent prior or in the process of seeking for crowdfunding:
1. What is to be crowdfunded?
2. How much do i need?
3. What would the money be used for?
5. How many crowdfunder do i/we need?
6. How long will the project last?
7. How do we share profit?
8. Who does what before and during the project.
9. Is the crowdfunding a terminal or continuous project?
10. Any insurance coverage? Etc.
Re: Crowdfunding, A Source Of Funding by Greenleafstore(m): 10:48am On Oct 31, 2019
Naija Donors appears to be the saving grace for Nigerians
Re: Crowdfunding, A Source Of Funding by gangbang86: 5:13pm On Apr 14, 2020
You are right, crowdfunding, the alternative source of equitable funding. Indeed, new companies need more help and support than others. For example, Microsoft was started in a garage. So, anyone must try to develop in those conditions he is and use all the possibilities he can. I think it is a good deal to help young starting companies to develop and rise, nobody knows what acme they will achieve tomorrow, maybe they are new Microsoft! I also took part in such a company on the themoneymix.com . I got great pleasure and I was really glad when the project achieved good results!

(1) (Reply)

CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Fee To N35, Reviews Bank Charges / Buy My Infinix Hot 4 / Fashion Design Business Plan In Nigeria / Feasibility Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.