Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,714 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? (26003 Views)

Mr. Transmission-milex/ Rad Auto Works opening in other cities And We Want YOU. / The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works / STORE FOR ALL KINDS OF VOLKSWAGEN MOTOR SPEAR PARTS. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by radautoworks: 12:19am On Sep 22, 2019
9icetoo:
Things are getting out of hand. Cartalk is gradually turning to childrens playground. All is well Las Las.
Auntyradu, you try gan.
I for show ur side for B maintenance but it's just a B schedule maintenance without any numerical suffix. So I go just dey my house change the oil. grin
When B1 service due, I go show.

You brought tears to my eyes with your intimate knowledge of your maintenance schedule. If more people were like you, mechanic work no go dey plenty!
Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by engineerprosper: 12:19am On Sep 22, 2019
thebigkendo:

Am sure even you yourself don't believe what you wrote... grin grin grin
Except you are denying not knowing what was in the text msg..

Quite unfortunate that your "web achieve" does have the picture of the text msg.

NB: You type alot like your friend.. Did you guys attend the same school?

Check here https://web.archive.org/web/20190919163147/https://www.nairaland.com/5420678/2010-corolla-foreign-used-54000/10 to see what calculusx started with.

You can contact calculusx to upload the image here for everyone to see.

Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by banky3w(m): 12:31am On Sep 22, 2019
engineerprosper:

Check here https://web.archive.org/web/20190919163147/https://www.nairaland.com/5420678/2010-corolla-foreign-used-54000/10 to see what calculusx started with.

You can contact calculusx to upload the image here for everyone to see.
I can swear on my grandads grave that you are Legalwealth in engineerprosper's clothing. The same MO. The link sharing, the bolded words, the screenshots, multi-coloured texts nko? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by Mayor555(m): 12:35am On Sep 22, 2019
My bad, thought I know the person behind the engineerprosper monicker..... Had to dig, and I was wrong. I wouldn't have engaged anyone on thi thread....Shii happens sha..

And I was even thinking of confronting the supposed person.....

Please have your field back.....
Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by engineerprosper: 12:35am On Sep 22, 2019
I repeat, this thread has been archived and any attempt to hide this thread won't be funny.
Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by Mayor555(m): 12:40am On Sep 22, 2019
engineerprosper:
I repeat, this thread has been archived and any attempt to hide this thread won't be funny.

Before I give you your field back totally, let me sound this to you very well; if this thread gets hidden, nothing will happen... You open another thread to rant, it gets hidden too. So stop the empty threat.....

Nonsense and ingredient.
Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by banky3w(m): 12:43am On Sep 22, 2019
Oooooooooops. The poo has hit the fan so quickly grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by engineerprosper: 12:46am On Sep 22, 2019
Mayor555:

Before I give you your field back totally, let me sound this to you very well; if this thread gets hidden, nothing will happen... You open another thread to rant, it gets hidden too. So stop the empty threat.....

Nonsense and ingredient.

Be wise or sensible at least for a minute in your lifetime.

https://web.archive.org/web/20190921232511/https://www.nairaland.com/5429767/where-rad-auto-works-parts/2 is capturing.
Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by radautoworks: 12:47am On Sep 22, 2019
banky3w:
Oooooooooops. The poo has hit the fan so quickly grin grin grin

1 Share

Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by radautoworks: 12:49am On Sep 22, 2019
Though it's probably more like

1 Like

Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by Mayor555(m): 12:51am On Sep 22, 2019
banky3w:

I can swear on my grandads grave that you are Legalwealth in engineerprosper's clothing. The same MO. The link sharing, the bolded words, the screenshots, multi-coloured texts nko? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

You're very right.

The monicker looked familiar at first.... But I was wrong.
I'm on the same train with you on this.
Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by banky3w(m): 12:58am On Sep 22, 2019
radautoworks:
Though it's probably more like
I don show.....

2 Likes

Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by banky3w(m): 1:01am On Sep 22, 2019
Friends from Lagos and Abuja..... Una welcome!

1 Share

Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by falzthebadguy: 1:02am On Sep 22, 2019
Let me follow derail small.
Its umbrella season baby. He that dwelleth under the shadow of the almighty nkor? Rain and sun shall not beat. grin

1 Like

Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by engineerprosper: 1:03am On Sep 22, 2019
Mayor555:

You're very right.

The monicker looked familiar at first.... But I was wrong.
I'm on the same train with you on this.

Shuuu grin

Always confused and assuming

Remember lateefat101 and truthbetold30 you said they were legalwealth on https://www.nairaland.com/5182338/beware-fradulent-mechanics/8

You all ended saying it is not legalwealth; my friend has turned to you people's nightmare.

For your information and to help your confused lives, I am not legalwealth but his friend.

I joined this forum January this year.

1 Like

Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by engineerprosper: 1:05am On Sep 22, 2019
banky3w:
Friends from Lagos and Abuja..... Una welcome!

grin

Where did I state I'm from Abuja?

Show that

That doesn't even blot out the fact that gazzuzz and calculusx, you are all licking their asses are fraudulent and manipulative individuals.

1 Like

Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by HybridWatchDog: 3:21am On Sep 22, 2019
I can categorically tell everyone here that engineerprosper is actually legalwealth, based on "IT skills" ip address, gadget spec. etc same person, same attitude, same kolo, very angry, very hatefull, never forgiving, can never move on, same bile. I'm actually tired of all this SH.IT. legalwealth grow da fuc.k up. And pls madam Radu don't fall my hand by getting wiled up or mixed up in this kind of sh.it, cos it's not worth it at all for you.
I really give up on this matter of opening multiple monikers to carry vendetta everywhere, you won't have peace of mind if you cannot let go..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by Consumerprotect(f): 4:08am On Sep 22, 2019

Many of you know, CarQuest's premium line of chassis parts were simply reboxed Moog, and their premium ignition was Standard. I use terms like "were and "was" because this is no longer the case.

For years, CarQuest has been involved in a little sleight-of-hand tactic called "Velocity Pricing". On fast-moving parts, they'd substitute inexpensive, substandard parts in place of the supposed name-brand parts so they could have the best price and still make good money on them. The high profit margins allowed them to simply eat any warranty claims. You might order the premium cap and rotor for a '91 Chevy 350, and you'd get the same overseas junk that was in their second-line box rather than premium Standard Ignition. The same might happen ordering ball joints for the same vehicle--you expect to get Moog, but instead you might get Falcon or Perfect Circle or TRW. None of those companies holds a candle to Moog. Standard is in a league of their own as well.

I'm sure they're still up to it, it's common practice among suppliers like CarQuest and NAPA that don't sell brand-name parts. Carquest won't be doing it with Moog or Standard anymore, though. Both companies figured out what was happening. With CarQuest counter staff saying "It's actually Moog" or "It's actually Standard Ignition" when the parts may not really be as such, both Moog and Standard decided that it was not worth the dent to their reputations to deal with such an organization. Both companies recently pulled the plug on CQ.

The end of May signalled the end of Moog shipping to CarQuest. Their supply of Moog is slowly petering out. The replacement line is Raybestos, again not in Moog's league (I know, I sell both in their brand-name boxes). I'm not sure when Standard will bail, but I know it's soon if it hasn't already happened. I do not know who's replacing Standard, but it doesn't matter since no one else comes close in quality. Echlin, Wells, Bosch, whomever... all junk. It gives me comfort that I'll never have to price-match an ignition part in this town again. :dance:

If you demand quality parts, demand a brand-name box around them. Yes, it will likely cost more but you know damned well that box contains the brand advertised. Otherwise you might be spending the premium bucks for the second-line parts (this is always the case with NAPA/Echlin--it's third-rate garbage), and should a warranty issue arise, the jobber selling the name-brand box has a lot more pull with the supplier than those who re-box under their own name. I've seen that with my own eyes when a friend bought a less-expensive identical PCM from CarQuest. They wouldn't warranty it for weeks until it went back to the supplier and was tested. I used the same supplier in the name-brand box and could have warrantied it the same day with no fear of charge-back. Was the customer's being without a vehicle for nearly a month worth the money saved? Probably not to the customer in the long run. I can also call suppliers' tech lines directly while the poor bastards at NAPA, Advance, AutoZone and CarQuest have to call their corporate tech lines that have no representatives of the actual suppliers and have no better information than the counter goof does if he knows where to look.

There's more to life than price. Consider value. Name brands have reputations to uphold and are going to stand behind their product both to the retailer and the final customer, and it seems more evident in auto parts than any other industry of which I'm aware.

Anyhow, if you want the best in ignition or chassis, it can no longer be had from your local CarQuest. You can downgrade with them, but if you work on cars for a living, where should your ultimate loyalty lie? Should it lie with the customer who pays your bills or a supplier who can no longer offer you the highest-quality parts for someone depending on--and paying you--to fix it right the first time?

My loyalty lies with my customer... and I constantly annoy my own bosses because of it. :bwuhaha:

https://www.moparnuts.com/forums/threads/sucks-to-be-carquest.24048/

1 Like

Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by Consumerprotect(f): 4:45am On Sep 22, 2019

The CQ franchise did not last long around here; just a couple of years. The parts are no better or no worse than anything else out there. They were cheaper than NAPA and in line with everyone else.

Keep in mind that many parts houses may have their parts manufactured by the same company and in the same plant even. They just package them differently and send them off to various warehouses which supply the parts house they’re affiliated with.

The CQ manager here was skimming off the top to keep himself and some of his buddies in free or dirt cheap parts for their race cars. Something like a 100 grand worth last I heard

At least as far as starters are concerned, we haven’t had good luck with them at our shop. The last 4 we’ve gotten from them (2 for one car and 1 for two others) have been bad.

In fairness, what kind of help can be expected for $9 an hour. I used to buy Champion (after Crown Auto), and seemed ok but bought out by Oreilly and I will only buy stuff that is name brand from them such as Monroe. For most serious parts I go to NAPA but had trouble with their alternators. Bought new and went through about three in two years. Finally discarded the lifetime warrenty and will only use Delco now. Lots of times now I’ll just go OEM from the dealer or Rockauto.

In fairness, what kind of help can be expected for $9 an hour.

More people should think more about that. I often go out of my way to use locally owned independent places for everything (harder to do all the time). I do it for lots of reasons but one is that you often get real expertise/wisdom.

But, of course, it costs more b/c the mom & pops can’t compete with the cheap big box places that are cheap, at least in part, because they shave the labor costs down all along the way.

I know people who will call me foolish for spending more when I could obviously get the same stuff for less - right before they whine about the fact that they can never get anyone at Big Box Corp. who actually knows their butt from their elbow.

https://community.cartalk.com/t/how-do-car-quest-parts-compare-as-to-quality-and-price-to-others-such-as-napa-advance-etc/68101/5

1 Like

Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by Demeanor: 4:50am On Sep 22, 2019

1 Like

Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by timifakay(m): 5:40am On Sep 22, 2019
engineerprosper:

Shuuu grin

Always confused and assuming

Remember lateefat101 and truthbetold30 you said they were legalwealth on https://www.nairaland.com/5182338/beware-fradulent-mechanics/8

You all ended saying it is not legalwealth; my friend has turned to you people's nightmare.

For your information and to help your confused lives, I am not legalwealth but his friend.

I joined this forum January this year.

You joined from the abroad to weigh in on the issue of the ES 350 you bought and spoilt.
Not everyone has short memory like you...

Moderator, come. Hide the thread and let's see if hell will freeze over...

2 Likes

Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by calculusx(m): 7:07am On Sep 22, 2019
engineerprosper:

My friend has moved on so long.

Calculusx was the one who started derogatory statements against legalwealth on the hidden thread few days ago, because legalwealth
clicked shared button on calculusx update for legalwealth's nairaland followers to see.

Why sharing my update up and down. Isn't that Stalking? He should stop sharing my update to his followers.

That was very uncalled for, you should tell calculusx to heal himself from what his ways brought to him.

Heal? I'm not sick bro. Lwkmd

Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by thebigkendo(m): 7:27am On Sep 22, 2019
Nawa oh.. More alternate monikers are here again.. Lemme get my umbrella sha

& I used to think legalo was the petty one

1 Like

Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by MPVGoddess: 7:34am On Sep 22, 2019
Some monikers created the monster CarTalk is currently dealing with.

Why are we so jobless that we can only have fun in discussing and deriding someone? Something that we cannot take kindly to, anyone who does so and anyone who joins them in making fun of others should officially be known as a small mind today and henceforth.

Can't we discuss issues and ideas instead of people

That is the genesis of the unending legal.wealth/lexus es350 saga

The moniker who started it, should stop it, apologize to legalwealth and call all his followers to order.

Using site administrators to fight another moniker for saying things we don't like, hide thoughts we don't agree with is evidence of lack of tolerance, everyone has a right to think what they think and to feel what they feel and to share what they feel, it is allowed by the law.

There is no law that mandates that everyone must think the same, feel the same, or speak the same.

The moniker who started it should also accept that if he were in legal.wealth's shoes, he would not find it funny. So stop doing to others, what you would not like to be done to you.

Making fun of others is never acceptable!

If these commonsense rules are observed, the legal.wealth/cal.culusx sage will simply die.

It can be observed that the moniker that started it all is not enjoying the same treatment, so why do it to someone else?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by radautoworks: 7:52am On Sep 22, 2019

1 Like

Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by kingreign(m): 8:09am On Sep 22, 2019
engineerprosper:

Welldone Gazzuzz's ass-licker

You are actually one of those killing him, when you cannot caution him but rather pushing him.

Where are timifakay, dannybrasky, obekediamonfuto, kingreign etc ?

Aren't you ashamed of yourself?
Please, I am not interested in your petty talks or anything that has to do with this thread. Lose my details from here.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by Consumerprotect(f): 8:49am On Sep 22, 2019

Carquest Corporation is an American automotive parts distribution network that is currently owned and operated by Advance Auto Parts via independent retailers associated with the network . As of October 4, 2014 Advance operated 5,305 stores, 109 Worldpac branches. Advance Auto Parts and CARQUEST Auto Parts employs approximately 75,000 Team Members.[2]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carquest

1 Like

Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by radautoworks: 8:52am On Sep 22, 2019
Who are the CarTalk mods.

Dear CarTalk mods,

Kindly do not sanitize my thread or give it the Thanos treatment as I have nothing to hide and last I heard, free speech was a thing. Anyone needing to be ignored will be. When a thread is sanitized, the stupidity some people display is hidden which causes them to get attention the next time as people are not fully aware that they need to be ignored and the cycle repeats itself. If a person is a repeat offender, simply ban the moniker permanently. Problem solved.

So I'm asking you. No SNAP.

THANK YOU.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? by Eddee(m): 9:02am On Sep 22, 2019
kingreign:

Aren't you ashamed of yourself?
Please, I am not interested in your petty talks or anything that has to do with this thread. Lose my details from here.
Thanks.

Happy birthday chief - loosen up!!! It's just online banter, when and how the beer go happen?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

10 Fastest Cars In The World / Toyota Camry 1996 model 2door clean and neat with ac and automatic for sale, call me 08032210506 / 2009 Infinity Fx50

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.