Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,489 members, 7,808,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

Should I Tell His Wife? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Tell His Wife? (2716 Views)

Should I Tell My Dad About My Cheating Stepmom? / How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? / Should A Husband Tell His Wife Everything? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Tell His Wife? by Noblefirstlady: 11:26pm On Sep 21, 2019
Hi guys
There is this couple I know, actually we are related. The man has been cheating on his wife for years now and openly too.

The wife is not educated, so she is not on facebook, her husband do post pictures of his side chick on facebook and the lady always do same too with heartbreaking captions. They are all lovey dovy on facebook so most of the relatives knows about the affair.

One of the man's close relative lives with him and he also know about the lady, infact the dude do also post this lady's pictures on facebook, to the extent he calls her their wife. While he insult's the main wife at home, he also calls her an illiterate.
He doesn't respect the woman at all.

The poor woman sells some things in the market and her husband will collect her money to take care of his side chick 's extravagant lifestyle. He always celebrate her birthday with big parties but he has never celebrated any of his children's birthday. They have two children .

This man keeps late nights, and sometimes lie to his wife that he has some work outside the state but he will go to stay at his girlfriend's place (he rented the place for her) .

He hits his wife and go about to brag about it .he once slapt his wife in the presence of her friend. He has also done same in his family compound. The funny thing is that he is the one telling people not his wife.

I can't type all the terrible things this man has done. But the matter at hand now is that he cheats on his wife openly. Everyone knows about it even their neighbors, he do bring his side chick home when his wife traveled.
He packed all his kids and wife's stuff and hide them in the store. His relative staying with him do tell on him but not to his wife though.

Now everyone looks at her like a fool and the illiterate that she is. he abandoned her at the hospital to go be with his girl when she had their last child and she even lost the baby.

Now who will tell this woman what her husband is doing. The insult and humiliation. Should I use an unknown number to tell her or should I keep quite. No one is saying anything. They are all looking at her with pity and they can not help her.

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell His Wife? by skyplustk(f): 11:30pm On Sep 21, 2019
Hmm
Re: Should I Tell His Wife? by donstan18: 11:43pm On Sep 21, 2019
From what you've said, it's impossible for the wife not be aware of her husband's cheating activities.

No go do pass yourself, make dem no use you settle scores.

17 Likes

Re: Should I Tell His Wife? by Emmzy201(m): 11:47pm On Sep 21, 2019
you've already said what you should do
but what if the woman confronts the husband with that cheating allegations and he beats her or do something even worse

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell His Wife? by Donald3d(m): 11:59pm On Sep 21, 2019
She probably already knows. She just chose to feign ignorance, the classic Nigerian woman's tale of " he would change", "I am here for my children", "what more can I do" .

Most times any man/woman who is bold enough to inflict physical injury/violence continuously on their spouse without any form of remorse, is also cheating/inflicting emotional injury without remorse(ladies take note of this).

This man has gotten the point where I call point of no return.Anybody who can cheat without remorse(publicly), can kill you if given the chance.

The real question is, if you tell her, what happens next ?

As I always say, its better to treat the root cause of problems than treating the symptoms of the problem.
Oga has no respect for her, simple. So she has to gain some back.
I usually do not encourage divorce, but I would gladly back it when physical violence comes into play, what if she falls and die one day ?

Since you are educated you can help her.
1. I am glad she has something doing already. She should start saving massively.
2. Help her get a lawyer, save all these Facebook posts(screenshot them), have recordings if you can audio/video evidence of all his misbehavior.Get neighbors and people who care about her to testify in court against him.
3. She should file for divorce, for Oga to still be collecting money from her, that means she is not doing badly in business and she can stand on her own with her kids. Let him go and be with his side chick, since he wants her so much that he shamelessly brought her to their matrimonial home !.

I am not encouraging cheating, but when a partner cheats without remorse and does not even attempt to hide it, they are telling you to your face that you are irrelevant in the equation.So do them a favor by taking yourself out of the equation.

People should stop getting married if they can't be faithful to their partners, its nauseating ! .

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Tell His Wife? by SageMK: 12:06am On Sep 22, 2019
He neglect, abuse and maltreat her yet she's still by his side. Why because each time she look at her hand, the ring adoring her finger take away all her pain. So even with an indisputable proof of his infidelity, that woman will want to side with him and you'll be the villain. Tread carefully.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Tell His Wife? by Noblefirstlady: 12:24am On Sep 22, 2019
donstan18:
From what you've said, it's impossible for the wife not be aware of her husband's cheating activities.

No go do pass yourself.
Believe me she doesn't know. She suspects him but she really doesn't know anything about this lady. And when ever he comes back late he attacks her first, with words like why didn't you open the door quickly or you thought I went to see another woman. He attacks before she attacks

4 Likes

Re: Should I Tell His Wife? by donstan18: 12:28am On Sep 22, 2019
Noblefirstlady:

Believe me she doesn't know. She suspects him but she really doesn't know anything about this lady. And when ever he comes back late he attacks her first, with words like why didn't you open the door quickly or you thought I went to see another woman. He attacks before she attacks
Who exactly are you to the family to know this much about them?

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell His Wife? by Noblefirstlady: 12:30am On Sep 22, 2019
Donald3d:
She probably already knows. She just chose to feign ignorance, the classic Nigerian woman's tale of " he would change", "I am here for my children", "what more can I do" .

Most times any man/woman who is bold enough to inflict physical injury/violence continuously on their spouse without any form of remorse, is also cheating/inflicting emotional injury without remorse(ladies take note of this).

This man has gotten the point where I call point of no return.Anybody who can cheat without remorse(publicly), can kill you if given the chance.

The real question is, if you tell her, what happens next ?

As I always say, its better to treat the root cause of problems than treating the symptoms of the problem.
Oga has no respect for her, simple. So she has to gain some back.
I usually do not encourage divorce, but I would gladly back it when physical violence comes into play, what if she falls and die one day ?

Since you are educated you can help her.
1. I am glad she has something doing already. She should start saving massively.
2. Help her get a lawyer, save all these Facebook posts(screenshot them), have recordings if you can audio/video evidence of all his misbehavior.Get neighbors and people who care about her to testify in court against him.
3. She should file for divorce, for Oga to still be collecting money from her, that means she is not doing badly in business and she can stand on her own with her kids. Let him go and be with his side chick, since he wants her so much that he shamelessly brought her to their matrimonial home !.

I am not encouraging cheating, but when a partner cheats without remorse and does not even attempt to hide it, they are telling you to your face that you are irrelevant in the equation.So do them a favor by taking yourself out of the equation.

People should stop getting married if they can't be faithful to their partners, its nauseating ! .
Yeah she is this typical traditional woman. She always say she will be there for her kids so divorce is out of the picture.
And the man will be very happy if she ask for divorce because he is ashamed of her. He prefers his side chick with all the slay qualities.
Re: Should I Tell His Wife? by Noblefirstlady: 12:34am On Sep 22, 2019
SageMK:
He neglect, abuse and maltreat her yet she's still by his side. Why because each time she look at her hand, the ring adoring her finger take away all her pain. So even with an indisputable proof of his infidelity, that woman will want to side with him and you'll be the villain. Tread carefully.
Yeah like you know this woman. She always want to be in her husband's good books that is why I want to do it anonymously.
Re: Should I Tell His Wife? by Noblefirstlady: 12:40am On Sep 22, 2019
donstan18:

Who exactly are you to the family to know this much about them?
I don't want to blow my cover because the guy living with them may be here but we are related.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Tell His Wife? by b3llo(m): 1:30am On Sep 22, 2019
The Wife is probably aware but she is helplessly helpless. Please, don't add more salt to the injury.

Gracias!

3 Likes

Re: Should I Tell His Wife? by Efewestern: 6:57am On Sep 22, 2019
Noblefirstlady:

Believe me, she knows, someone might have informed her about the activities of her husband, it's clear that the man doesn't love her, he married her because he wanted to have kids.

Just be careful though, the lady is in bondage and doesn't wants to be freed.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Tell His Wife? by Donald3d(m): 9:59am On Sep 22, 2019
Noblefirstlady:

Yeah she is this typical traditional woman. She always say she will be there for her kids so divorce is out of the picture.
And the man will be very happy if she ask for divorce because he is ashamed of her. He prefers his side chick with all the slay qualities.
There is no justification for cheating, but she should also "upgrade" and "slay". I am not justifying the man's actions, but many married women get too relaxed, whether you are educated or not, look good for your husband, wear bum shorts around the house .

Many Nigerian women always go from hot looking divas to wrapper tying, dull-looking, women . They get too relaxed and complacent. This goes for men as well. Be in shape for your spouse, look good, smell nice even if you are more than 50 years old. Don't stop looking and smelling appealing.

Since she wants to keep her marriage, she should make some personal "upgrade". There is still no guarantee however that he would change, but she should give it a shot.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Tell His Wife? by Noblefirstlady: 11:20am On Sep 22, 2019
Donald3d:

There is no justification for cheating, but she should also "upgrade" and "slay". I am not justifying the man's actions, but many married women get too relaxed, whether you are educated or not, look good for your husband, wear bum shorts around the house .

Many Nigerian women always go from hot looking divas to wrapper tying, dull-looking, women . They get too relaxed and complacent. This goes for men as well. Be in shape for your spouse, look good, smell nice even if you are more than 50 years old. Don't stop looking and smelling appealing.

Since she wants to keep her marriage, she should make some personal "upgrade". There is still no guarantee however that he would change, but she should give it a shot.
But what stopped him from marrying a slay mama. She has always been timid and all
Re: Should I Tell His Wife? by egopersonified(f): 11:34am On Sep 22, 2019
Even if the wife isnt aware and you tell her, it won't change anything. Seems the side chick thinks she is the main chick, I recommend opening a new face book account and tell the side chick, with pictures of his family.

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell His Wife? by lilmax(m): 11:36am On Sep 22, 2019
let's mind our businesses

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell His Wife? by Noblefirstlady: 11:50am On Sep 22, 2019
egopersonified:
Even if the wife isnt aware and you tell her, it won't change anything. Seems the side chick thinks she is the main chick, I recommend opening a new face book account and tell the side chick, with pictures of his family.
She knows he is married and with kids too. she just doesn't care because he is crazy about her.
Re: Should I Tell His Wife? by 24kmagic: 2:46pm On Sep 22, 2019
Even if she finds out, what will she do?
Cos from this explanation, the woman is a stack illiterate and most illiterates don't know their rights and how to fight for them.

She's trapped.

She can't even stand up to him and challenge him.

He's made her believe that marrying her is a privilege unto her.

If close relatives who she's supposed to run to are aware yet, can't do anything, where will she start from?

This is bad in every way.

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell His Wife? by ednut1(m): 3:26pm On Sep 22, 2019
Mind your business

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell His Wife? by backnbeta(f): 3:48pm On Sep 22, 2019
She knows, don't bother yourself! Just hope she won't bite back too deep when the time comes undecided

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell His Wife? by Biglittlelois(f): 4:08pm On Sep 22, 2019
I am yet to see any male here insult the fvcking cesspit, diick hopping, STD carrying, mistake of a man, had it been it was the wife cheating, they will all be foaming in the mouth, with fire in their eyes(if we can actually see them) raining all manner of gutter languages on the woman, and still claim men is only allowed to cheat, bunch of retarded schmucks, nonsense.

As for you Op, you are a relative right? All of you in his family that knows, did it ever click in your brain to talk to the stupid man to stop cheating on her? Can't you all have family meeting, sit the dolt down and talk sense into his empty brain? What if the dingbat give her HIV, HPV and all manner of diseases, una nor dey think ni? Or are you guys scared of the mofo ni? I can't say he is feeding y"all cos the asshole collects money from his wife, and you're looking for a way to reveal it to her smh, Let me tell you, she knows, even illiterates knows Facebook exist so don't kid yourself,

So, it's either she's bidding her time to strike at a perfectly unexpected time, or she choose to stupidly stay cos of the kids, or she's trying to save enough, then leave to where he can never find them, but make no mistake dude, she knows.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Tell His Wife? by Donald3d(m): 4:18pm On Sep 22, 2019
Noblefirstlady:

But what stopped him from marrying a slay mama. She has always been timid and all

Well, you are right. That's why I said her "upgrade" might still not work.
Many people get married thinking they can "handle it" then they later discover that they want something more. Oga wanted to marry a good, timid geh, now he is ashamed of her, because she is not slaying.

Has he even attempted to help her "slay". The thing is its almost impossible to fix a relationship where one partner is not fully committed.

The thing is, people who would cheat would cheat, some people marry beauty queens that slay more than slay queens and still cheat.
The problem ? Their moral/value system, and lack of contentment and commitment.

People nowadays do not understand why they get married, they don't deeply understand the sacredness of marriage, they don't understand the FACT that marriage is letting go off your selfish and guilty pleasures just to fixate your eyes on your spouse alone, they are not contented. They want everything. This reminds me of the 80/20 rule (From the movie Why Did I Get Married- you should see all the parts, so much to learn !).

But again, I don't blame some men, its a foundational problem, parents spend all their time training the female folk to be prepared for marriage, teach them how to cook, respect and care for their home, and they neglect the very males their daughters and other people's daughters would get married to, making statements like "he is a man, he would marry a woman, leave him alone", whenever he makes errors that need to be corrected.

I have being doing this "research" on men/guys/boys. This care-free attitude and propensity to cheat is as a result of parent's negligence in inculcating values and the need to be accountable and treat people around them with respect.Men from a very little age are made to think they are boys and they can do anything they like and get away with it. That's how boys do cheesy. They become care-free at a little age and as expected transfer it into their adult lives by being philanders, as long as it pleases them, they do not care how the other party feels. Its the same reason for other things like domestic and emotional violence, its the same reason why many Nigerian men would NEVER help their wives with domestic chores. They can do as they like, its ingrained in their psyche .

Am I saying women don't cheat or misbehave too ?, they do, but most don't with the impunity with which men do.

Some guys make the fallacious assumptions that they can lay with as many women as they want simultaneously before getting married, and remain faithful to their wives when they eventually do get married. Sorry to burst your bubble bro, its almost impossible. Learn to keep your "johnny" in your pants, learn self control.Self control practiced before marriage, becomes very easy to execute when married.

Today, its Funke, tomorrow Chidinma, next tomorrow its Hauwa , most guys lose count of how many people they have slept with before they turn 25 .How then do you remain faithful when you get married. Its HARD grin. You have learnt to think with your "johnny" instead of with your head overtime. We have a problem on our hands. Parents need to do better.

I know I may have deviated from the subject matter, but I just felt that it was important for me to dissect this.....

I don dey talk too much, the thing dey pepper me for body, but make I .....

6 Likes

Re: Should I Tell His Wife? by Gvnl(f): 4:35pm On Sep 22, 2019
Abi o
donstan18:

No go do pass yourself, make dem no use you settle scores.
Re: Should I Tell His Wife? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 22, 2019
It's very possible that she is unaware of his cheating. Tell her so she can protect herself. However, since he physically abuses her also tell her not to confront him or at least to be careful how she does. I feel for her b/c he sounds like a horrible person with how he maltreats her.

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell His Wife? by yeyeosoronga: 4:55pm On Sep 22, 2019
Donald3d:

I know I may have deviated from the subject matter, but I just felt that it was important for me to dissect this.....

Let me complete it for you... Make you mechonu grin grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell His Wife? by Donald3d(m): 5:02pm On Sep 22, 2019
yeyeosoronga:

Let me complete it for you... Make you mechonu grin grin

Re: Should I Tell His Wife? by LilMissFavvy(f): 5:08pm On Sep 22, 2019
What shall it profit you to hide such an information from the wife? If anything happens to her in future, your conscience will forever hurt you. Forget the fact that the man is flaunting his philandering actions, she may not know or even if she knows, she is definitely not aware about how deep the husband has gone into adultery. You think she would believe he brings home ladies when she travels? She does not. Tell the lady. Call her with an anonymous line. THE REASON YOU SHOULD CALL HER IS NOT ONLY TO TELL HER THAT HER HUSBAND CHEATS, THE MAIN PURPOSE IS TO TALK SENSE INTO HER HEAD.

I do not believe that any woman would happily give her husband money freely if she knows he is keeping side chicks. Talk sense to her to think of herself/future should anything happen, she should begin a secret savings. Let her tell her family about what she's going through especially since physical abuse is involved. The earlier the better for her now that only two kids are involved.

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell His Wife? by Kingpinukecy(m): 7:05pm On Sep 22, 2019
leave matter for matteraiah oooo

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell His Wife? by Noblefirstlady: 8:06pm On Sep 22, 2019
Donald3d:

Well, you are right. That's why I said her "upgrade" might still not work.
Many people get married thinking they can "handle it" then they later discover that they want something more. Oga wanted to marry a good, timid geh, now he is ashamed of her, because she is not slaying.

Has he even attempted to help her "slay". The thing is its almost impossible to fix a relationship where one partner is not fully committed.

The thing is, people who would cheat would cheat, some people marry beauty queens that slay more than slay queens and still cheat.
The problem ? Their moral/value system, and lack of contentment and commitment.

People nowadays do not understand why they get married, they don't deeply understand the sacredness of marriage, they don't understand the FACT that marriage is letting go off your selfish and guilty pleasures just to fixate your eyes on your spouse alone, they are not contented. They want everything. This reminds me of the 80/20 rule (From the movie Why Did I Get Married- you should see all the parts, so much to learn !).

But again, I don't blame some men, its a foundational problem, parents spend all their time training the female folk to be prepared for marriage, teach them how to cook, respect and care for their home, and they neglect the very males their daughters and other people's daughters would get married to, making statements like "he is a man, he would marry a woman, leave him alone", whenever he makes errors that need to be corrected.

I have being doing this "research" on men/guys/boys. This care-free attitude and propensity to cheat is as a result of parent's negligence in inculcating values and the need to be accountable and treat people around them with respect.Men from a very little age are made to think they are boys and they can do anything they like and get away with it. That's how boys do cheesy. They become care-free at a little age and as expected transfer it into their adult lives by being philanders, as long as it pleases them, they do not care how the other party feels. Its the same reason for other things like domestic and emotional violence, its the same reason why many Nigerian men would NEVER help their wives with domestic chores. They can do as they like, its ingrained in their psyche .

Am I saying women don't cheat or misbehave too ?, they do, but most don't with the impunity with which men do.

Some guys make the fallacious assumptions that they can lay with as many women as they want simultaneously before getting married, and remain faithful to their wives when they eventually do get married. Sorry to burst your bubble bro, its almost impossible. Learn to keep your "johnny" in your pants, learn self control.Self control practiced before marriage, becomes very easy to execute when married.

Today, its Funke, tomorrow Chidinma, next tomorrow its Hauwa , most guys lose count of how many people they have slept with before they turn 25 .How then do you remain faithful when you get married. Its HARD grin. You have learnt to think with your "johnny" instead of with your head overtime. We have a problem on our hands. Parents need to do better.

Lol you are so right. With the men are polygamous in nature tale, look were we are today. And of course parents never care about the male child. You will be hearing words like, he is a boy so let him do what ever he likes.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Tell His Wife? by Noblefirstlady: 8:17pm On Sep 22, 2019
Biglittlelois:
I am yet to see any male here insult the fvcking cesspit, diick hopping, STD carrying, mistake of a man, had it been it was the wife cheating, they will all be foaming in the mouth, with fire in their eyes(if we can actually see them) raining all manner of gutter languages on the woman, and still claim men is only allowed to cheat, bunch of retarded schmucks, nonsense.

As for you Op, you are a relative right? All of you in his family that knows, did it ever click in your brain to talk to the stupid man to stop cheating on her? Can't you all have family meeting, sit the dolt down and talk sense into his empty brain? What if the dingbat give her HIV, HPV and all manner of diseases, una nor dey think ni? Or are you guys scared of the mofo ni? I can't say he is feeding y"all cos the asshole collects money from his wife, and you're looking for a way to reveal it to her smh, Let me tell you, she knows, even illiterates knows Facebook exist so don't kid yourself,

So, it's either she's bidding her time to strike at a perfectly unexpected time, or she choose to stupidly stay cos of the kids, or she's trying to save enough, then leave to where he can never find them, but make no mistake dude, she knows.
It's a man's world my dear. I'm afraid those closer to him are happy about his cheating ways.
And as for her leaving, she is never gonna do that. You know how this traditional women can be.
And what if you try to help her and she calls you the home wrecker. She is someone that always takes her husband's side to make him love her.
Re: Should I Tell His Wife? by capnies: 10:05pm On Sep 22, 2019
Stay away instead try to make peace

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

People Never Accept They Have A Bad Mother / Advice: I Never Knew I Will Do This, But I Have To / Please Guys Help Me. What Kind Of Food Do Ogoni Men Like? Please My Ogoni Peopl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.