Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,041 members, 7,807,124 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

Is Your Church Responsible For Your Inability To Follow Christ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Your Church Responsible For Your Inability To Follow Christ? (6005 Views)

You Follow CHRIST When You Do HIS Will / Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? / What Does It Take To Follow Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Your Church Responsible For Your Inability To Follow Christ? by donstan18: 11:35pm On Sep 21, 2019
Is your Church suppose to be blamed for your inability to change to a better person by giving your life to Christ after many attempts?

2 Likes

Re: Is Your Church Responsible For Your Inability To Follow Christ? by netzro(m): 12:28am On Sep 22, 2019
donstan18:
Is your Church suppose to be blamed for your inability to change to a better person by giving your life to Christ after many attempts?

Mynd44 Lalasticlala OAM4J

A wise man once said "If church no change you, change church"

14 Likes

Re: Is Your Church Responsible For Your Inability To Follow Christ? by donstan18: 12:36am On Sep 22, 2019
netzro:

A wise man once said "If church no change you, change church"
Who said that?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Your Church Responsible For Your Inability To Follow Christ? by Acidosis(m): 1:25am On Sep 22, 2019
Ephesians 5:23
For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body.

You see ^ ^ Christ is the head of the Church, so blaming the Church is like blaming the one person who already laid His life and gave up everything for our redemption. We cannot blame a Church of Christ where Jesus Christ is the head.

The problem we have today is that we have too many unconverted souls in the Church, thanks to leaders who put too much emphasis on headcount.

The Church is not meant for sinners. Christians are supposed to go out there, preach to sinners, and bring converted souls into the body of Christ for teaching, mentorship and growth.

Under the old testament, the man described in your post would have died in the temple a long time ago.

6 Likes

Re: Is Your Church Responsible For Your Inability To Follow Christ? by b3llo(m): 1:27am On Sep 22, 2019
I think a person should be a reflection of his church. One will be conformed and evolved to what he has being learning. Sir, without fear of any contradiction the answer is "YES"

5 Likes

Re: Is Your Church Responsible For Your Inability To Follow Christ? by Nobody: 2:25am On Sep 22, 2019
b3llo:
I think a person should be a reflection of his church. One will be conformed and evolved to what he has being learning. Sir, without fear of any contradiction the answer is "YES"

Blame church??

You people are just funny...no wonder it’s so easy to blame church for all the things government refuse to do..
At the end of the day we all have our free will, the decision to do wrong or right is in ur hands...people have been living in the world before the church age..and the conscience has been our guide..if ur conscience can’t speak good to you no church can help u..

church/pastor l/envangelist can only lead you God, staying with God is in ur hands..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Your Church Responsible For Your Inability To Follow Christ? by Nobody: 2:47am On Sep 22, 2019
b3llo:
Re: Is Your Church Responsible For Your Inability To Follow Christ? by paxonel(m): 4:48am On Sep 22, 2019
donstan18:

Mynd44 Lalasticlala OAM4J
so long the church keeps teaching you people that giving your life to Christ is the same thing as changing to a better person, at that point the church is to be blame

4 Likes

Re: Is Your Church Responsible For Your Inability To Follow Christ? by paxonel(m): 4:55am On Sep 22, 2019
Acidosis:

You see ^ ^ Christ is the head of the Church, so blaming the Church is like blaming the one person who already laid His life and gave up everything for our redemption. We cannot blame a Church of Christ where Jesus Christ is the head.

The problem we have today is that we have too many unconverted souls in the Church, thanks to leaders who put too much emphasis on headcount.

The Church is not meant for sinners. Christians are supposed to go out there, preach to sinners, and bring converted souls into the body of Christ for teaching, mentorship and growth.

Under the old testament, the man described in your post would have died in the temple a long time ago.
please, can i ask you a question?

WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THE WORD "CONVERT " ?
Re: Is Your Church Responsible For Your Inability To Follow Christ? by CAPSLOCKED: 5:33am On Sep 22, 2019
CHRIST SHOULD BE BLAMED FOR YOUR INABILITY TO FOLLOW HIM, AND I BACK UP THIS STATEMENT WITH THE FOLLOWING POINTS OF MINE.

1. CHRIST (SAME AS GOD, RIGHT?) BEING ALL-KNOWING KNEW THE HISTORY AND LIFE OF AN UNBELIEVER THAT WILL EXIST IN 2019 RIGHT FROM THE TIME BEFORE HE CREATED ADAM.

2. SO CHRIST CREATES THE WORLD, EXPECTS PEOPLE TO FOLLOW HIM, BUT GOES INTO HIDING FOR CENTURIES...
LEAVING US WITH DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF A "WORD OF GOD" CENTERED AROUND MURDER, RAPE, MASS GENOCIDE, WARS, MISOGYNY, SLAVERY, FLYING AND TALKING ANIMALS, AND TONS OF UNBELIEVABLE SUPERSTITIOUS TALES.

NOW HE FAILS TO SHOW UP TO LEAD AND MAKE PEOPLE BELIEVE. INSTEAD WE'RE LEFT WITH CONFLICTING DENOMINATIONS OF CHRISTIANITY BASED ON HIS CONFLICTING HOLY BOOK, CONFLICTING RELIGIONS, AND FRAUDSTERS CLAIMING TO BE HIS MESSENGERS SINCE HE (CHRIST) IS DUMB AND CANNOT SPEAK NOR ACT FOR HIMSELF. THESE FRAUDSTERS, MANY OF THEM APPEAR IN SHINY SUITS EVERY SUNDAY TO MISLEAD THE MASSES THE MORE, AND PERFORM TRICKS AND FAKE MIRACLES... AND END UP RAKING IN MILLIONS OF PEOPLE'S MONEY.

3. HE SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED THE WORLD AND ARRANGED MATTERS IN SUCH A WAY THAT PEOPLE WILL GENERALLY FOLLOW THE RELIGION OF THE FAMILY THEY'RE BORN INTO.
I CAN TELL YOU THAT THERE ARE SO MANY FAMILIES AND COUNTRIES THAT DON'T KNOW ABOUT CHRIST. EVEN THOUGH THEY HEAR ABOUT HIM ONCE IN A WHILE, IT SOUNDS TO THEM THE WAY OSCAR OASIS OR WINNIE THE POOH SOUNDS TO YOU. THEY JUST WAVE HIM ASIDE.

AND ACCORDING TO YOU CHRISTIANS (AND MUSLIMS) AND YOUR PREACHERS, NON-CHRISTIANS (AND NON-MUSLIMS) ARE LIABLE TO GO TO HELL. THIS MAKES BILLIONS OF PEOPLE AND FAMILIES EXISTING IN FOREIGN COUNTRIES WHERE CHRISTIANITY (AND ISLAM) IS A MOVIE TITLE TO THEM CANDIDATES OF ETERNAL TORTURE AND SORROW IN YOUR LOVING GOD'S HELL FIRE.

THESE FAMILIES KEEP PRODUCING BABIES, AND THESE BABIES TAKE UP THEIR FAMILY'S DEFAULT RELIGION. CHRIST BEING THE GIVER OF CHILDREN KEEPS SUPPLYING KIDS TO THOSE NON-CHRISTIAN FAMILIES AND COUNTRIES.. WHICH MEANS HE KEEPS RECRUITING MORE CANDIDATES FOR HELL. I DON'T KNOW. HE NEVER SHOWS UP. AND IF IT'S A VIOLENT COUNTRY HE NEVER SENDS ANY OF HIS FRAUDSTERS IN SHINY SUIT OVER THERE TO SPREAD THE WORD. SO THEY KEEP EXISTING AND EXPANDING WITHOUT CHRIST BECAUSE HIS DIVINELY PROTECTED MESSENGERS CANNOT GO THERE TO SPREAD THE WORD, AND CHRIST HIMSELF IS IN COMA. CANNOT WALK (OR FLY) NOR TALK, NOR ACT. CANNOT INFLUENCE ANYTHING AND ALL THE IDEAS WE HAVE ABOUT HIM ARE BEING CREATED BY MEN FOR SELFISH MANIPULATIVE PURPOSES.

4. ON MY PART AS A FORMER CHRISTIAN, THE WORD OF CHRIST (THE BIBLE) DOESN'T SOUND LIKE A GENUINE MANUAL FROM THE PERFECT GOD I WAS TAUGHT ABOUT IN SUNDAY SCHOOL.
HIS MESSENGERS IN SHINY SUIT ARE SIMILAR TO HIGHWAY ROBBERS WHO CARE ABOUT NOTHING ELSE BUT YOUR MONEY.
HIS PHYSICAL AND SPIRITUAL ABSENCE IN REAL SENSE IS A THING TO WORRY ABOUT AND I CAN'T PRETEND TO "FEEL HIM IN MY HEART WHEN I PRAY" LIKE OTHER CHRISTIANS BECAUSE IT DOESN'T WORK.
THE EXISTENCE OF THOUSANDS OF RELIGIONS, AND THE FACT THAT CHILDREN GENERALLY FOLLOW THEIR PARENT'S RELIGION SHOWS THAT PEOPLE MAKE UP THESE SILLY RELIGIONS BECAUSE IT MAKES THEM FEEL GOOD. SO WHY SHOULD I WASTE MY LIFE TO LIVE AND DIE FOR MEN'S SPIRITUAL (IMAGINARY) INVENTIONS?

THE WORLD IS SUFFERING. GLOBAL POVERTY, DISEASES AND NATURAL DISASTERS.
TOO MANY RELIGIONS. TOO MANY IDEAS OF A CREATOR GOD.. ALL DEPENDING ON THE GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION.
CHRIST IS REFUSING TO SHOW UP NO MATTER HOW ANYBODY PRAYS OR CALLS ON HIM.
WE CAN'T EVEN PRAY AWAY A DEADLY DISEASE, A RAPIST, A SERIAL KILLER.. OR A NATURAL DISASTER, CREATED BY THE LOVING CHRIST TO CAUSE PAIN AND DAMAGES ON EARTH.

IN MY BOOK, I HAVE NO REASON TO FOLLOW CHRIST, OR ANY RELIGION IN EXISTENCE. THE THREATS OF GOING TO HELL (WHEN I DIE) WON'T CHANGE MY MIND.

TO BE FOLLOWED, YOU HAVE TO BE THERE TO LEAD.
CHRIST IS NEVER THERE TO LEAD OR DO ANYTHING FOR THAT MATTER.

HE ALONE IS TO BE BLAMED FOR PEOPLE'S INABILITY TO FOLLOW HIM.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Your Church Responsible For Your Inability To Follow Christ? by maggilove(f): 6:10am On Sep 22, 2019
It's a two way thing, it's either your church is not teaching the right thing or you just don't want to live the life of Christ. Some find it difficult
Re: Is Your Church Responsible For Your Inability To Follow Christ? by Crazeworld(m): 6:30am On Sep 22, 2019
How can your Church be responsible for your spiritual decision? Are you saying some people that don't attend churches don't believe in Christ?

Meanwhile, I'm available for your online documents and Print-out Slips. Check my signature
Re: Is Your Church Responsible For Your Inability To Follow Christ? by Lexusgs430: 6:30am On Sep 22, 2019
Follow to where?.....
Re: Is Your Church Responsible For Your Inability To Follow Christ? by Onlinealaba(m): 6:34am On Sep 22, 2019
The problem with Christians don't read their Bible they wait for their almighty G.O to read for them..the Bible is a manual for good living, and instructions on Christ doctrine and teaching, reading the Bible will give you the desired Christian life to live well let me leave this for the religious folks.

CHECK MY PROFILE, your electronics at best prices
Re: Is Your Church Responsible For Your Inability To Follow Christ? by ednut1(m): 6:37am On Sep 22, 2019
Even church these days are not christ like

1 Like

Re: Is Your Church Responsible For Your Inability To Follow Christ? by patorial(m): 6:39am On Sep 22, 2019
Frankly speaking I don't think the church is in the first place responsible for your changes. Change yourself, then go to church (which Is likely to be a place where changed people meet) ,as no one can control your mine but only you, so as you not supposed to hold the church responsible if u happens to have the negative change.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is Your Church Responsible For Your Inability To Follow Christ? by Nobody: 6:40am On Sep 22, 2019
most churches are scam
Re: Is Your Church Responsible For Your Inability To Follow Christ? by tillaman(m): 6:41am On Sep 22, 2019
In J cole’s voice The only time you see a niqqa like me in church is a funeral

2 Likes

Re: Is Your Church Responsible For Your Inability To Follow Christ? by Thablownmindset: 6:42am On Sep 22, 2019
donstan18:

Re: Is Your Church Responsible For Your Inability To Follow Christ? by Patented: 6:42am On Sep 22, 2019
Change comes from within, from a personal conviction and the help of the Holy Spirit. Every church has changed people and every church has people that have not changed.

Church is like a hospital, all are receiving treatment not all are responding to treatment

5 Likes

Re: Is Your Church Responsible For Your Inability To Follow Christ? by landmark86: 6:42am On Sep 22, 2019
The Op question is very funny I mean much funny. How can a church affect/stop you from giving your life to christ?
If the doctrine of the church you attended doesn't befits your believe then change church simple.
That's why we have them many because they have different calling (mandate).

Happy sunday to you all, is time to go for sunday school.
Re: Is Your Church Responsible For Your Inability To Follow Christ? by Nwaohafia1: 6:43am On Sep 22, 2019
Many people have not been taught. Colossians 2: 6-8

The truth is many people are not happy in their churches, probably because of their experience with their pastors.

And this is why many have lost hope in pastors and churches. They now transfer their anger on other pastors and churches.

For example, in the case of COZA and OMEGA FIRE MINISTRY, all i saw was transferred aggression and envy. Many people believe all pastors are the same, but that's not the truth

If your church cannot change you, change church.

Colossians 2:6-8

6. As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
7. Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
8. Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Re: Is Your Church Responsible For Your Inability To Follow Christ? by Charleys: 6:49am On Sep 22, 2019
No church in the wild

1 Like

Re: Is Your Church Responsible For Your Inability To Follow Christ? by peteradoga3(m): 6:49am On Sep 22, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:
CHRIST SHOULD BE BLAMED FOR YOUR INABILITY TO FOLLOW HIM, AND I BACK UP THIS STATEMENT WITH THE FOLLOWING POINTS OF MINE.

1. CHRIST (SAME AS GOD, RIGHT?) BEING ALL-KNOWING KNEW THE HISTORY AND LIFE OF AN UNBELIEVER THAT WILL EXIST IN 2019 RIGHT FROM THE TIME BEFORE HE CREATED ADAM.

2. SO CHRIST CREATES THE WORLD, EXPECTS PEOPLE TO FOLLOW HIM, BUT GOES INTO HIDING FOR CENTURIES...
LEAVING US WITH DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF A "WORD OF GOD" CENTERED AROUND MURDER, RAPE, MASS GENOCIDE, WARS, MISOGYNY, SLAVERY, FLYING AND TALKING ANIMALS, AND TONS OF UNBELIEVABLE SUPERSTITIOUS TALES.

NOW HE FAILS TO SHOW UP TO LEAD AND MAKE PEOPLE BELIEVE. INSTEAD WE'RE LEFT WITH CONFLICTING DENOMINATIONS OF CHRISTIANITY BASED ON HIS CONFLICTING HOLY BOOK, CONFLICTING RELIGIONS, AND FRAUDSTERS CLAIMING TO BE HIS MESSENGERS SINCE HE (CHRIST) IS DUMB AND CANNOT SPEAK NOR ACT FOR HIMSELF. THESE FRAUDSTERS, MANY OF THEM APPEAR IN SHINY SUITS EVERY SUNDAY TO MISLEAD THE MASSES THE MORE, AND PERFORM TRICKS AND FAKE MIRACLES... AND END UP RAKING IN MILLIONS OF PEOPLE'S MONEY.

3. HE SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED THE WORLD AND ARRANGED MATTERS IN SUCH A WAY THAT PEOPLE WILL GENERALLY FOLLOW THE RELIGION OF THE FAMILY THEY'RE BORN INTO.
I CAN TELL YOU THAT THERE ARE SO MANY FAMILIES AND COUNTRIES THAT DON'T KNOW ABOUT CHRIST. EVEN THOUGH THEY HEAR ABOUT HIM ONCE IN A WHILE, IT SOUNDS TO THEM THE WAY OSCAR OASIS OR WINNIE THE POOH SOUNDS TO YOU. THEY JUST WAVE HIM ASIDE.

AND ACCORDING TO YOU CHRISTIANS (AND MUSLIMS) AND YOUR PREACHERS, NON-CHRISTIANS (AND NON-MUSLIMS) ARE LIABLE TO GO TO HELL. THIS MAKES BILLIONS OF PEOPLE AND FAMILIES EXISTING IN FOREIGN COUNTRIES WHERE CHRISTIANITY (AND ISLAM) IS A MOVIE TITLE TO THEM CANDIDATES OF ETERNAL TORTURE AND SORROW IN YOUR LOVING GOD'S HELL FIRE.

THESE FAMILIES KEEP PRODUCING BABIES, AND THESE BABIES TAKE UP THEIR FAMILY'S DEFAULT RELIGION. CHRIST BEING THE GIVER OF CHILDREN KEEPS SUPPLYING KIDS TO THOSE NON-CHRISTIAN FAMILIES AND COUNTRIES.. WHICH MEANS HE KEEPS RECRUITING MORE CANDIDATES FOR HELL. I DON'T KNOW. HE NEVER SHOWS UP. AND IF IT'S A VIOLENT COUNTRY HE NEVER SENDS ANY OF HIS FRAUDSTERS IN SHINY SUIT OVER THERE TO SPREAD THE WORD. SO THEY KEEP EXISTING AND EXPANDING WITHOUT CHRIST BECAUSE HIS DIVINELY PROTECTED MESSENGERS CANNOT GO THERE TO SPREAD THE WORD, AND CHRIST HIMSELF IS IN COMA. CANNOT WALK (OR FLY) NOR TALK, NOR ACT. CANNOT INFLUENCE ANYTHING AND ALL THE IDEAS WE HAVE ABOUT HIM ARE BEING CREATED BY MEN FOR SELFISH MANIPULATIVE PURPOSES.

4. ON MY PART AS A FORMER CHRISTIAN, THE WORD OF CHRIST (THE BIBLE) DOESN'T SOUND LIKE A GENUINE MANUAL FROM THE PERFECT GOD I WAS TAUGHT ABOUT IN SUNDAY SCHOOL.
HIS MESSENGERS IN SHINY SUIT ARE SIMILAR TO HIGHWAY ROBBERS WHO CARE ABOUT NOTHING ELSE BUT YOUR MONEY.
HIS PHYSICAL AND SPIRITUAL ABSENCE IN REAL SENSE IS A THING TO WORRY ABOUT AND I CAN'T PRETEND TO "FEEL HIM IN MY HEART WHEN I PRAY" LIKE OTHER CHRISTIANS BECAUSE IT DOESN'T WORK.
THE EXISTENCE OF THOUSANDS OF RELIGIONS, AND THE FACT THAT CHILDREN GENERALLY FOLLOW THEIR PARENT'S RELIGION SHOWS THAT PEOPLE MAKE UP THESE SILLY RELIGIONS BECAUSE IT MAKES THEM FEEL GOOD. SO WHY SHOULD I WASTE MY LIFE TO LIVE AND DIE FOR MEN'S SPIRITUAL (IMAGINARY) INVENTIONS?

THE WORLD IS SUFFERING. GLOBAL POVERTY, DISEASES AND NATURAL DISASTERS.
TOO MANY RELIGIONS. TOO MANY IDEAS OF A CREATOR GOD.. ALL DEPENDING ON THE GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION.
CHRIST IS REFUSING TO SHOW UP NO MATTER HOW ANYBODY PRAYS OR CALLS ON HIM.
WE CAN'T EVEN PRAY AWAY A DEADLY DISEASE, A RAPIST, A SERIAL KILLER.. OR A NATURAL DISASTER, CREATED BY THE LOVING CHRIST TO CAUSE PAIN AND DAMAGES ON EARTH.

IN MY BOOK, I HAVE NO REASON TO FOLLOW CHRIST, OR ANY RELIGION IN EXISTENCE. THE THREATS OF GOING TO HELL (WHEN I DIE) WON'T CHANGE MY MIND.

TO BE FOLLOWED, YOU HAVE TO BE THERE TO LEAD.
CHRIST IS NEVER THERE TO LEAD OR DO ANYTHING FOR THAT MATTER.

HE ALONE IS TO BE BLAMED FOR PEOPLE'S INABILITY TO FOLLOW HIM.

you are on point, everybody have his or her own view about religion, some are scarred of imaginary hell fire (lol) that's why they go to church and some are born into a Christianity family, but some christain will come and throw stone on you now, just wait and see!!!

6 Likes

Re: Is Your Church Responsible For Your Inability To Follow Christ? by aku626(m): 7:01am On Sep 22, 2019
The Church has a role to play in the development of a young Christian they’re meant to nurture them to a stage of maturity. E.g. As Jesus did with his disciples, while he was a way they went back to fishing but he was careful in guiding them back to the right path John 21.
Following Jesus isn’t a bed of roses Matthew 16:24 says take up your cross( you must give up yourself) to follow Him this isn’t an easy task as most people will find out during their walk with Him.
Salvation is personal we are to work it out with fear and trembling(utmost caution).

The church is meant to help us grow because it is made up of individuals just like you and I desiring and fulfilling the gospel. But your following God isn’t dependent on the church but YOU.

1 Peter 2:2 says you should desire the pure milk of the word that you may grow... to an extent you’d be able to munch on bones.
Your growth or ability is not based on or tied to some group of individuals but your ability desire God bu building your most Holy Faith.

Is your church not helping? Go to a bible believing church( there’s a difference)
Re: Is Your Church Responsible For Your Inability To Follow Christ? by saraki2019(m): 7:02am On Sep 22, 2019
church goers? let all churches be abolished, let all worship God AT home, let us be judged by our merit and not based on who go to church or not, how can nigerias has the largest number of churches and still be the most corrupt, in kidnapping, robbering, serial killing, public, corruption, unemployment, fake pastors, ritualist, corrupt politicians, drug dealers, human traffickers among orders,
i think we should demolish these churches and build factories, build wealth, i think if we we need to fight poverty , invest in ourselve and not so called churches.
if we can invest half of the time, money, energy , focus and attentions we waste in churches into entrepreneuaship, we will have a more peaceful country than this hell we have

1 Like

Re: Is Your Church Responsible For Your Inability To Follow Christ? by anambraamaka: 7:03am On Sep 22, 2019
No
Re: Is Your Church Responsible For Your Inability To Follow Christ? by CAPSLOCKED: 7:03am On Sep 22, 2019
peteradoga3:
you are on point, everybody have his or her own view about religion, some are scarred of imaginary hell fire (lol) that's why they go to church and some are born into a Christianity family, but some christain will come and throw stone on you now, just wait and see!!!

THAT IS THE STORY OF OUR LIVES AS TRUTH SEEKERS AND FREE THINKERS. THERE'S NOTHING, UNLESS PHYSICALLY DAMAGING, THAT CAN MAKE US STOP SEEKING AND SPEAKING THE TRUTH.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Your Church Responsible For Your Inability To Follow Christ? by Pavore9: 7:04am On Sep 22, 2019
No, one has to take personal responsibility.

1 Like

Re: Is Your Church Responsible For Your Inability To Follow Christ? by Juliearth(f): 7:04am On Sep 22, 2019
donstan18:

Why should it? Churches are not academic institutions that you are expected to remain stucked with whether or not you like it. Once I do not feel connected, I leave. If your church cannot feed you spiritually, you should leave.
Re: Is Your Church Responsible For Your Inability To Follow Christ? by symbianDON(m): 7:04am On Sep 22, 2019
Acidosis:

I disagree with you sir. the church is meant for everyone; saved and unsaved alike. while Jesus walked the earth, He mingled freely with the unsaved and shared the good news with them. in the same vein, today, Christians are expected to bring into the church, not only those who have been converted through them but also those who are hopelessly lost so all can be fed and watered and given hope through the good news of the gospel. the bane of many local assemblies today, however, is that there's too much emphasis on condemnation, instilling fear of 'hell fire' and money making rather than giving hope, encouragement and building faith......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Is There An Islamic Inscription On The Nigerian Army Logo? / What Is The Importance Of The Empty Tomb Of Jesus? / Dreams and Visions of Heaven And Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.