Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,011 members, 7,806,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

What Nigerian Night Time Satellite Images Tell Us About Development - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Nigerian Night Time Satellite Images Tell Us About Development (4473 Views)

Works Minister, Umahi Makes Night-Time visit To Third Mainland Bridge, Lagos / Nigeria Political Analysis Always About Tribe, Never About Development. / Researchers Use Night-time Satellite Images To Map African Electricity Access (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Nigerian Night Time Satellite Images Tell Us About Development by nijabazaar: 3:16pm On Sep 22, 2019
kettykin:

There is no gas flaring in Anambra but the light in the state dwarfs other states apart from Lagos , Abuja and Rivers, also the belt between anambra and imo is perhaps the most lighted belt

Believe you me, if Anambra could get a cargo aorport amd lease its managent to a reputable Chinese or Dutch managing company....Anambra light, nay SEz light will blight out all satelite

2 Likes

Re: What Nigerian Night Time Satellite Images Tell Us About Development by kettykin: 4:29pm On Sep 22, 2019
nijabazaar:

Believe you me, if Anambra could get a cargo aorport amd lease its managent to a reputable Chinese or Dutch managing company....Anambra light, nay SEz light will blight out all satelite

i quite believe you , 3 key projects that should be in the shopping list of the next governor of Anambra state should be
1. The international Cargo Airport
2. Onitsha , River Niger port
3. A New shopping city to replace the old Onitsha Market.

These 3 projects should also be in the shopping List of Abia State, with these the south east will kick off a new economic era.

6 Likes

Re: What Nigerian Night Time Satellite Images Tell Us About Development by Midas01: 4:54pm On Sep 22, 2019
So there are no densely populated areas in the north?

Generator usage shows disposal income of those areas. Are generators Haram in the north?
Tolexander:
I don’t totally believe this as an index for regional economic development.

Those light you are seeing are mostly generators. The southern region is chocked up and so densely populated. The need for generator to cool off at night and be on the same level with neighbors (in light generation)

4 Likes

Re: What Nigerian Night Time Satellite Images Tell Us About Development by PreyingMantis(m): 9:06pm On Sep 22, 2019
Tolexander:
You would believe that there is a place of luxury and a place of necessity.

Don’t stay in the south deceiving yourself o bro.
Many of these nothern states do have at least 20hours of electricity daily. Hence, no need for a generator except for luxury.
Even in some parts of Osun State, 20-22hrs of light is non-negotiable.

I remember my stay in the south east, Umuahia and Aba to be precised. The lights there were wack. They needed generator so badly to survive, generator became a necessity.

Don’t let anyone deceive you with this north thingy o, Na there dem dey pack our money go o.
You're running round in circles. If there's electricity in the North like you're stating here, it is supposed to be picked up by the satellite images. We won't have to be arguing about it

3 Likes

Re: What Nigerian Night Time Satellite Images Tell Us About Development by IGBOSON1: 9:12pm On Sep 22, 2019
kettykin:

i quite believe you , 3 key projects that should be in the shopping list of the next governor of Anambra state should be
1. The international Cargo Airport
2. Onitsha , River Niger port
3. A New shopping city to replace the old Onitsha Market.

These 3 projects should also be in the shopping List of Abia State, with these the south east will kick off a new economic era.

I can’t believe the famous Onitsha market hasn’t been given a refurb’ and updated since it was initially built in the 60s!

Hong Kong is a commercial city almost similar to what Onitsha was at the time, but look at it today!

2 Likes

Re: What Nigerian Night Time Satellite Images Tell Us About Development by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 22, 2019
IGBOSON1:

Did you take a look at Kano....the economic and industrial powerhouse of the North? Compare it to Lagos or even Anambra and see the difference!
did you hear me say small map area?
Re: What Nigerian Night Time Satellite Images Tell Us About Development by horsepower101: 9:24pm On Sep 22, 2019
IGBOSON1:

I can’t believe the famous Onitsha market hasn’t been given a refurb’ and updated since it was initially built in the 60s!

Hong Kong is a commercial city almost similar to what Onitsha was at the time, but look at it today!

Google Yiwu international market in China. That is exactly what Main market and Ariaria Markets should look like today.

2 Likes

Re: What Nigerian Night Time Satellite Images Tell Us About Development by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 22, 2019
mrvitalis:

So u are saying more oil are minned in igbo land ?
who said industrialization is out of it? I said 90% not 100% igbo land is industrous and that calls for lots of power use and its easy for people within that region to access pms for use in power generation for industries
Re: What Nigerian Night Time Satellite Images Tell Us About Development by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 22, 2019
kettykin:

There is no gas flaring in Anambra but the light in the state dwarfs other states apart from Lagos , Abuja and Rivers, also the belt between anambra and imo is perhaps the most lighted belt
ease of pms access , small map area contributed, industrialization too, in the 90s jos would be lit more than these states when it was the central distribution point for pms and the terminus main market was seriously actiive and industries such as steel rolling mill and makeri smelting company, vita foam, air liquid, JIB, where functional, of recent years industrialization has been backward in the state.
Re: What Nigerian Night Time Satellite Images Tell Us About Development by ChristianNorth: 9:49pm On Sep 22, 2019
horsepower101:

I am beginning to wonder if we are both looking at the same pictures.

So if the North get such amount of electricity as you claim, why are they very poor and lack so many industries? Why haven’t they developed their region. What is the excuse?

If what you say is true, they should be the most developed region in Nigeria.

You cannot develope without steady electricity. So what is stopping the north that gets 22 hours of electricity as you claim.

You have time to respond to those peddlers of cheap lies.

Mai Charging (phone charging business) is a striving enterprise in the North and it is more robust there than anything I have seen in the South.

If those dudes have light, then they won't be paying N20 to charge their phones.

1 Like

Re: What Nigerian Night Time Satellite Images Tell Us About Development by Nobody: 10:05pm On Sep 22, 2019
Besides you guys forget that 70% of distribution companies situated in the south and east
Re: What Nigerian Night Time Satellite Images Tell Us About Development by myright: 10:47pm On Sep 22, 2019
let's do business together. I will help you sell your goods. I have a shop at Nkwo Umunze in Anambra state. All you need is to supply the goods and I sell.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beware Of Fake Senate Loan Scam, Akpabio Warns Nigerians / Buhari Gives his First Command As President (sahara Reporters) / Genocide: Ihejirika Is Guilty.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.